Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does the Sound of Other People Peeing or Running Water Make You Feel like You Have To Go More?

It does, though more so if I see the sight of it too. One time, I was out diapered drinking with friends, and I happened to see a hot woman leaning against the outside of the building, gasping in relief as she pissed her black dress (the toilets had a ridiculous queue, so she had to make do). I got so excited, I actually started wetting my diaper as a result.

The sound or feel of running water definitely makes me have to pee. When I do the dishes for instance i always have to take a break to go to the loo or I'm dancing and prancing around in front of the sink trying not to wet myself.

The sound of someone peeing not really, but hearing them flush the loo when i'm waiting in line does make me more desperate.

Also: waterfalls or rivers...

@D0nt45k

"Not for me personally, but I do know other people, mostly women, that are affected in that way by such sounds."

Interesting that you should mention that because it seemed like every woman who has responded to this thread seems to have answered in the affirmative. Maybe another gender-based difference in bathroom related matters that I have not previously noticed. I wonder why that trickling seems to bother us more than it does the fellas?

I also do wonder about the psychology of this, why does simply hearing water or peeing or some other noise like that instinctively trigger a need to go to the bathroom, is it just the sound of running water makes you think of peeing, or is it just something to do with toilet training since a lot of people will run water to try and get their children to go to the bathroom? But then that wouldn't really do anything in the first place if it wasn't just a natural instinct. Hmmm?

@China Girl

"A lot of desperation is psychological. For example the whole latchkey effect that makes people have an accident right in front of the toilet."

I definitely agree with that as I think desperation is at least heavily psychological or maybe 90% psychological in a lot of cases. Just knowing other people are peeing tends to make you want to pee more, but it is still strange that it seems like women seem to be more affected by that trickling noise.

Hm, running water can have that effect on me but only if I'm already super desperate.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:52 PM, China Girl said:

A lot of desperation is psychological. For example the whole latchkey effect that makes people have an accident right in front of the toilet.

I think so too, however that dosen't mean there is no real physical response. I think its the same with the feeling of getting more desperate the closer you get to a toilet.

I have not been triggered by sounds of running water as far as I can tell. However, the latchkey effect can be totally overwhelming and has led to many accidents. Sometimes this latchkey effect can trigger when I am still about 1-2 blocks away from home. Both on foot or driving. If it does, then typically it will keep intensifying and peak, or perhaps have a second trigger, when finally at the front door - if I was able to fight off the initial wave. 

I don't know how to say it but "standing still" can lead to pretty intense waves of desperation. This can sometimes happen if i'm filling up a water bottle at the sink or whatever - lead me to consider that perhaps there is some effect from the running water, but no I don't think so. It is all psychological though and I think perhaps this can be conditioned into you somewhat. I'll be testing that. 

For those that have both latchkey and running water as triggers - how do they compare in intensity? I just find it interesting that running water has no effect on me, but latchkey can truly be overwhelming. 

Yes running water increases my desperation, especially ( like much more so) the gentle running water of a faucet, or pouring a drink. I think it is the similarity to the sound of peeing that is the trigger. A rushing stream or such normally has no impact on my need to pee. I can think of two times years ago, when I was already very desperate doing a deliberate hold , to pee off a high spot, that coming across a stream , caused me to suddenly leak in my pants.

So this is really embarassing but last summer after driving home from class I decided that I would water vegetable garden before I went inside. I was already outside and so why not? I didn't even have to go that bad. Wasn't dancing or anything. As I started pouring water from the watering can and hearing the water empty and hit the soil I completely lost control and flooded my pants in full view of the neighbors apartments. 

I hope they didn't see! And if they did, I'm glad I moved 😳

Running water if I already have to pee, for example getting a drink or rinsing a dish, definitely makes me suddenly desperate and I've lost a few squirts that way not intending to! This seems to be increasingly common, not sure why.

But just running water like a stream or whatever, not really. Years ago I worked in an office where someone had one of those little fountains that produce that kind of running water noise. When people came in they'd always joke about how that must make me have to pee all the time but I never noticed that particularly.

Guest Despboy15

Seeing and hearing other people pee while desperate definitely increases my urge. It’s a nightmare when I have to wait to use the toilet. It’s happened to me several times when I had to wait in a long line. It makes you want to go more because your brain knows you’re so close to relief and your pee is begging to be let out, but you know you can’t. 

On 7/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, DesperateJill said:

@China Girl

I guess that could be it, women are just desperate more in general so we are more prone to psychological effects of desperation and reminders of needing to pee like the sound of running water or a flushing toilet.

I think it has a lot to do with a higher sensitivity in a person. And I guess there is a larger part sensitive women than there is men. I am quite hyper sensitive as a guy, and I notice that there are many things my fellow mates "just don't notice". Like they have a more coarse perception of the world.

So there is a large chance when there is some subtle trickling sound, most of the men simply won't notice it. So it's also not possible that they are affected by it.

Women on the other hand seem to notice a lot more things in their surroundings. So there is just a much larger group of women that will be exposed to the impulse of running water.

I do not have this effect when it's just the sound of running water, without any context. I do get immensely triggered though by toilet sounds. Like when hearing flushing somewhere, or someone entering a toilet. Also the sight of a toilet or even toilet sign (for example along the road) can trigger that impulse. It's like it directly goes from my brain to the nerves of my bladder, making it twitch a bit and increasing my need.

I even can have it with "toilet talk": people mentioning things about them going to pee. Or even worse: saying things like that there are no toilets around. "Well, I just will wait till home!" triggers some panic switch when I hear someone saying that! 😄

The rushing towards the toilet or urgency at the front door is as real for us guys. I only have the feeling that the women are really afraid they will start going and it will be a full release in their pants. While for us guys it's more like loosing trickles and spurts along the way, or when trying to open the zipper.