Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are You A Precautionary Pee-er or Do You Take Chances?

Doctors who treat daytime incontinence will tell you not to do precautionary pees as a habit because it trains your bladder to empty when it contains little urine.  Instead, unless you're going someplace where there will be no toilets available (like on a car trip), wait until you really need to pee before using the toilet.  And then, try to add five or ten minutes beyond the point when you would go.  Even at my age, once a day I hold my pee until it gets really urgent.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say that I take precautionary pees most of the time. But there are times where I take some risks too. The risks end up with wet pants sometimes though. For example, a few weeks ago we ate at a

I just kind of wondered which category everybody here falls into seeing as this is a group for people who enjoy full bladders. Personally I've always been big on precautionary peeing where I will go t

My precaution is usually just wearing a diaper, LOL. Or a dark skirt where an accident wouldn't show. One time, I totally pissed my black tights under my skirt in public, and no one noticed all night.

1 hour ago, Spectator9 said:

Doctors who treat daytime incontinence will tell you not to do precautionary pees as a habit because it trains your bladder to empty when it contains little urine.  Instead, unless you're going someplace where there will be no toilets available (like on a car trip), wait until you really need to pee before using the toilet.  And then, try to add five or ten minutes beyond the point when you would go.  Even at my age, once a day I hold my pee until it gets really urgent.  

It’s the same in treatment of bed wetter’s.  Consequently, when trying to become one I never passed a bathroom without stopping to let out a few drops.  Don’t know if it helped, but something or combination of things sure did.

Guest K95F

Living with this bladder I would consider myself a precautionary pee-er. But I'm also a shy person and have some issues with anxiety so I really don't like attracting attention. It can change situations. 

I would say that I take precautionary pees most of the time. But there are times where I take some risks too. The risks end up with wet pants sometimes though. For example, a few weeks ago we ate at a restaurant and I didn't pee before we left the restaurant. We stopped at Walmart on the way home. I went to use the bathroom at the store but they were closed for cleaning. We headed home and my wife grabbed the groceries while I ran into the house. I ended up peeing in my pants on the way to the bathroom. I didn't make it in time and was standing in a puddle of pee in front of the toilet. I told her I didn't make it and she helped me clean up after my accident. I help my wife clean up when she pees in her pants or if she wets the bed too. We help each other out like that.

It depends... (Not a very helpful comment, I know)
Usually I like to take the risk and run into trouble: starting a road trip with an already very full bladder and getting caught in a traffic jam. Getting up and skipping my morning pee, driving to work and erroneously assuming that there will not be a meeting before lunch time. Going to bed with a bladder loaded since early morning, just curious to see what happens. Attending a saturday night party and remembering a last piss 16 hrs ago.

But on the other hand: I pee before I board a plane or before festivities like weddings or funerals..........

I never had problems using a public bathroom, I usually take precautions such as going to the bathroom before going out wherever it is because you never know how long you can be without being able to use one again, however, I have found myself in situations of using toilets emergency on more than one occasion in supermarkets, train stations and even in open fields and trees.

In addition to the fact that I have always been a person who thinks less about where he goes to the bathroom, but rather about doing what I need to do, it is not as if I was going to get a killer plague from using someone else's toilet, in any case my emergencies were in mostly because of pee and in case of a number two I always carry disposable tissues because it is easier to find a toilet without paper than a clean toilet.