Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are You A Precautionary Pee-er or Do You Take Chances?

I rarely leave my house and when I do I don't go out for extended periods of time but if I feel an urge before leaving I'll go just so it's not irritating me while I'm out. Since the pandemic I have decided I'm never going to use a public bathroom again, no idea how people can do it, no idea how I did it myself for the first 26 years of my life... but anyway, yeah, that route is completely closed off to me now so I'm hoping when I finally get a job it'll be 100% work-from-home as there's no way I'm leaving my house for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, with no chance of using the toilet. (I know I could wear diapers but I also know I'd have to go to the bathroom to change them so it would render my whole plan pointless and it would embarrass me way too much.) 

Even before my no-public-bathrooms rule I was a precautionary pee-er though as I just dislike having to go while out in general. I want to feel totally relaxed. I always hated hovering over the toilet seat in a public restroom since half the time my muscles would tense up too much and it took longer to get the pee out. So yeah, in short, never been a fan of it, can't do it now, will always make sure to pee before going anywhere. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say that I take precautionary pees most of the time. But there are times where I take some risks too. The risks end up with wet pants sometimes though. For example, a few weeks ago we ate at a

I just kind of wondered which category everybody here falls into seeing as this is a group for people who enjoy full bladders. Personally I've always been big on precautionary peeing where I will go t

My precaution is usually just wearing a diaper, LOL. Or a dark skirt where an accident wouldn't show. One time, I totally pissed my black tights under my skirt in public, and no one noticed all night.

Being into omo I suggest makes me precautionary as I may not want to find myself in a situation, so always use a bathroom when I can and plan, on the other hand others not into omo sometimes don’t think about it, my ex once when we were dating was out with friends and I joined them for the last hour having a soft drink as I was picking her up, she left with me to the car without using the bathroom before she left this I noticed, although I think she went maybe 40mins or so before,

when we were driving we stopped for a chat at a secluded spot only 5 mins later, she was uncomfortable here so we drove on further to another place, she again asked if we could continue on, so I started driving and she just said matter of fact she was needing the toilet, I could see she was uncomfortable crossing legs and adjusting her position in her seat almost constant, travelling between towns with nowhere to stop I asked her what she wanted to do, she suggested a hotel with a lounge bar was in next town 5 mins away, it was almost 11pm and I commented it may be closing... she said it had better not be as she was really needing to use the toilet, when we arrived she got to the door and it was locked, she was rattling the glass door as indeed it was closing, an employee came to the door she stood cross legged bobbing explaining she needed into use the toilet, he reluctantly let her in, when she returned I enquired was she almost refused entry she said he wasn’t letting her in at first but she pleaded as she was bursting, I asked what if he didn’t let you in what then, she said we would have had to drive on to find another place but knew she wouldn’t have made it much further.

6 hours ago, SoBursting said:

Being into omo I suggest makes me precautionary as I may not want to find myself in a situation, so always use a bathroom when I can and plan, on the other hand others not into omo sometimes don’t think about it, my ex once when we were dating was out with friends and I joined them for the last hour having a soft drink as I was picking her up, she left with me to the car without using the bathroom before she left this I noticed, although I think she went maybe 40mins or so before,

when we were driving we stopped for a chat at a secluded spot only 5 mins later, she was uncomfortable here so we drove on further to another place, she again asked if we could continue on, so I started driving and she just said matter of fact she was needing the toilet, I could see she was uncomfortable crossing legs and adjusting her position in her seat almost constant, travelling between towns with nowhere to stop I asked her what she wanted to do, she suggested a hotel with a lounge bar was in next town 5 mins away, it was almost 11pm and I commented it may be closing... she said it had better not be as she was really needing to use the toilet, when we arrived she got to the door and it was locked, she was rattling the glass door as indeed it was closing, an employee came to the door she stood cross legged bobbing explaining she needed into use the toilet, he reluctantly let her in, when she returned I enquired was she almost refused entry she said he wasn’t letting her in at first but she pleaded as she was bursting, I asked what if he didn’t let you in what then, she said we would have had to drive on to find another place but knew she wouldn’t have made it much further.

So close to an accident! Were you hoping for one?

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)
36 minutes ago, China Girl said:

So close to an accident! Were you hoping for one?

Not an accident, I was hoping she would have no proper toilet option and pee in public, discreet off course, I know when she’s been out with the girls and is bursting with accident imminent she goes outside, but never in front of me, when I’m there she always seems to make it...... 

@astralis

"Since the pandemic I have decided I'm never going to use a public bathroom again, no idea how people can do it, no idea how I did it myself for the first 26 years of my life... but anyway, yeah, that route is completely closed off to me now so I'm hoping when I finally get a job it'll be 100% work-from-home as there's no way I'm leaving my house for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, with no chance of using the toilet."

>.< I'm not germophobic so if there's a toilet available I will be very glad to use it as I have found during the pandemic it seemed like bathrooms have been closed off to me, and much like you I miss working at home being near a toilet 24/7. As it is my job is only once a week and it doesn't always not have toilet access, but having to hold it for 6 1/2 hours a day on those days when no toilet is available makes me really really really miss working at home, and makes me really really jealous of those women who do!

7 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@astralis

"Since the pandemic I have decided I'm never going to use a public bathroom again, no idea how people can do it, no idea how I did it myself for the first 26 years of my life... but anyway, yeah, that route is completely closed off to me now so I'm hoping when I finally get a job it'll be 100% work-from-home as there's no way I'm leaving my house for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, with no chance of using the toilet."

>.< I'm not germophobic so if there's a toilet available I will be very glad to use it as I have found during the pandemic it seemed like bathrooms have been closed off to me, and much like you I miss working at home being near a toilet 24/7. As it is my job is only once a week and it doesn't always not have toilet access, but having to hold it for 6 1/2 hours a day on those days when no toilet is available makes me really really really miss working at home, and makes me really really jealous of those women who do!

I seriously think you should experiment with diapers, would take a bit of getting used too, letting go a bit now and then for comfort, chinagirl seems an expert in the use of them, possibility?

I'm a bit of a precautionary one myself, usually.  The correct way to train the bladder is to not take any precautionary pees and only empty it when it is full.  I have friends who seemingly do that, and don't pee often. They usually are the ones who get up in the middle of the movie and tread on everybody though!! I don't 🤣

It’s an interesting topic, I have heard women say they forgot to go before and now they are bursting like it’s an excuse/explanation as to why they are in their current predicament, maybe it’s good behaviour to go before so as not to risk breaking up a group of others plans to ask for an unscheduled pee stop when one that shouldn’t be necessary,

example being we were meeting up outside a hotel as a communal meeting point for a bus ride to a wedding evening reception for a work colleague, the journey would have been an hour, there would have been various pre journey drinking at peoples homes or a bar etc by most of the 20 or so couples attending, in conversation before we all boarded the bus a lady said she had better nip in to use loo before we go or she would never make it, I assume the first signs of needing to pee again were there, 

Medical bladder-training rules generally discourage precautionary pees.  Continence and level of urgency are affected by psychological factors, so you don't want to teach yourself the wrong thing.  Except when anticipating a long period of time when a toilet will not be available (like a long car trip) you should wait until the need to pee is uncomfortably urgent.  Like Rebeljaffa, I've known people who frequently hold their pee until they really have to go, and sometimes they inconvenience others in their need to get to a toilet.  Some, of course, are "closet holders" who secretly enjoy it!

@Spectator9

I find a full bladder or even a moderately full one difficult to ignore as if I don't go to the bathroom it's hard for me not to think about my bladder, although I have to admit that maybe the fact that I always went to the bathroom at the first urge was why I didn't develop much bladder strength until I was forced to through circumstance, making it a very difficult learning process!

I haven't gone out for more than about an hour in a while, but honestly, I have a bit of the opposite problem; my bladder is strong, but my bowels absolutely are not due to IBS. I'd consider myself a "take chances" type of person, if I was ever allowed to get desperate to pee more than once a week tops.

EDIT: I should add that I"m not a "take chances" person with having to poop, only with having to pee. I will genuinely starve myself some days just to avoid the risk of having no access to a restroom when I need to poop.

Edited by Lapis Lazuli
clarification (see edit history)

It’s been said if your into omo then it will be on your mind to go if you don’t want to risk it or vice versa,

if not into omo maybe situations arise because your just not thinking about it ?

Like the female in the story I posted who left the pub for the ride to the party venue and didn’t think to go before she left although she hadn’t been yet and as a result was bursting for almost all of the journey,

I have as I said been a lifelong pre-cautionary pee-err. This thread made me wonder why. Now I remember as a child being told to “make our finals” (pee) before we left the house and absolutely before bed. So this habit was ingrained at an early age.  Add to that my pee shyness that I endured for a very long time, I went so hopefully I won’t have to ask to go; or what if there is no place to pee. Back then I just held it even though it hurt, and I was at risk of an accident. .

Now I must pee before I leave the house or I will need to find a restroom soon as the urge which didn’t exist before becomes urgent. The same when I arrive home. My need to pee quickly goes from mild to moderate to urgent to struggling not to wet my pants. Sometimes I leak as I approach the door, or must go right away once inside, before putting away my packages.

Lately I have tried forcing myself to hold it while I put things away; sometimes I make it others not without at least leaking. I try not to go first thing when I get up , but that no longer lasts long

Of course, as I have mentioned I can’t go to sleep unless totally empty.

My advice, which I have tried doing recently, is skipping the excessive habit pees, because as you get older they become mandatory. Psychologically your bladder thinks I am home (or whatever) it’s time to pee.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)
1 hour ago, wettingman said:

I have as I said been a lifelong pre-cautionary pee-err. This thread made me wonder why. Now I remember as a child being told to “make our finals” (pee) before we left the house and absolutely before bed. So this habit was ingrained at an early age.  Add to that my pee shyness that I endured for a very long time, I went so hopefully I won’t have to ask to go; or what if there is no place to pee. Back then I just held it even though it hurt, and I was at risk of an accident. .

Now I must pee before I leave the house or I will need to find a restroom soon as the urge which didn’t exist before becomes urgent. The same when I arrive home. My need to pee quickly goes from mild to moderate to urgent to struggling not to wet my pants. Sometimes I leak as I approach the door, or must go right away once inside, before putting away my packages.

Lately I have tried forcing myself to hold it while I put things away; sometimes I make it others not without at least leaking. I try not to go first thing when I get up , but that no longer lasts long

Of course, as I have mentioned I can’t go to sleep unless totally empty.

My advice, which I have tried doing recently, is skipping the excessive habit pees, because as you get older they become mandatory. Psychologically your bladder thinks I am home (or whatever) it’s time to pee.

Join the club.  I'm older than you and with an enlarged prostate, so your post could have been written by me at your age.  I pee before going out, and I'm cautious about drinking fluids until I get home.  My need to pee goes from mild to urgent quickly.  Sometimes it's for good reason and l will pee a considerable amount, but at other times not so much.  There's a psychological element to it.  If I've been out and come home, I will suddenly need to pee urgently the moment I come in the door.  Depending on my level of hydration I may need to get up to pee twice during the night.  Like you, I can't get to sleep (or back to sleep if awakened) unless I am empty.  Gone are the days of rolling over and holding it until morning!

• 10 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:55 PM, Dune1001 said:

Its funny that my attitude towards my bladder is reflective of so much else in my life - failing to plan and only dealing with it when the problem fully presents itself 😆

I find that a very common attitude. Have you ever heard of the 5 P's of Success - Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance?

In this case, it can be read as Preemptive Peeing Prevents Pissed Pants! 🤣