Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is it easier to hold it for men or women???

I sort of interpreted the "easier" as a psychological thing when I read the topic title.

Because there is one important thing: as a man you aren't used to holding it in inconvenient situations. You might have held it because you sort of chose to, but not out of pure necessity. And some men like me grab every opportunity they have to do a quick pee. Just because it is a minor thing to quickly visit a toilet and relieve that bladder.

But when situations suddenly arise where I cannot visit a toilet and my bladder is filling, I have noticed I get a lot of stress from it. While my female companions might feel equally uncomfortable, but are sort of more calm about it. For them it's like: we have been here before. While my brain is like: hey, I want to pee, what do you mean I cannot do that?

So at that moment it often seems "easier" for women to hold it. For me as a guy it is psychological torture. And okay, we might be at the same level of desperation, the desperation is much more difficult to bear for me at that point.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's easier for men, and the reasons boil down mostly to biology.  The first factor to consider comes down to size - men tend to be larger, which usually means having larger bladders, though t

Another random bit of gravity and urinary trivia: that's also a factor that has to be considered in space travel, for both sexes (even men rely on it to some degree), to the point where astronauts and

I'm like totally a wuss and can't hold it so like about everybody holds it better than me.  So yeah. I'm way not the boi that should have an opinion here. 😉

@DespLoveDennis

This again goes back to my other thread about women more patient waiting in line for the bathroom or waiting for the bathroom in general. Women are just expected to hold it and they get used to the fact that probably going to have to hold it in lots of situations where men are able to pee. For men that is extremely rare, so I imagine it is more frustrating on those rare occasions when it does happen because men have not learned to be patient about getting their urinary needs met, as they usually get themmet right away, where as for women a potential wait is an expected thing all the time.

28 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@DespLoveDennis

This again goes back to my other thread about women more patient waiting in line for the bathroom or waiting for the bathroom in general. Women are just expected to hold it and they get used to the fact that probably going to have to hold it in lots of situations where men are able to pee. For men that is extremely rare, so I imagine it is more frustrating on those rare occasions when it does happen because men have not learned to be patient about getting their urinary needs met, as they usually get themmet right away, where as for women a potential wait is an expected thing all the time.

Speak for yourself, most of the guys I know are taught to be stoic about their needs and don't complain about it until it's almost unbearable if forced to wait for some reason (though, again, this usually isn't necessary).  The main exceptions are older guys who probably suffer from enlarged prostates and so can't hold it as long.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
1 hour ago, D0nt45k said:

Speak for yourself, most of the guys I know are taught to be stoic about their needs and don't complain about it until it's almost unbearable if forced to wait for some reason (though, again, this usually isn't necessary).  The main exceptions are older guys who probably suffer from enlarged prostates and so can't hold it as long.

I agree that some men are, indeed, stoic and don't complain until they're truly desperate.  They feel that they're supposed to be "strong", and they avoid showing any sign of weakness - like needing to pee.  Others are shy and feel embarrassed about mentioning the need.