Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is it easier to hold it for men or women???

29 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@John

"Of course she's in a good category, she had no kids and is in her 30's, but I'm just so amazed. She can definitely hold much more than I can. She crosses her legs a lot, but she usually does so because of fashion not necessarily from holding though I have seen her do a pee pee dance once in a while. But up until the final moments, she's really good at it and can go a whole day without using the washroom whereas I'd go a few times."

I think that I have that going for me as well and that I am 37 and I have never been pregnant or had kids or anything like that, I think if it were otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to go as long as I am now. So even though I will be crossing my legs half of the day while I am at work I can still ultimately hold it when I really need to. A woman who had had several children probably would not be able to do so I am guessing.

@rebeljaffa

"There may be social reasons why women make themselves hold sometimes. 

I still feel that overall it averages out roughly the same if you just take a simple cross section of people.  Maybe someone has done a survey and compiled data on that?"

The main social reason for women holding it is simply because there either isn't a bathroom or the lines are too impossibly long. I did do one survey though about my long ladies room line survey which showed that women frequently have to give up going to the bathroom or having to wait a really long time because of lines, which I always found to be a very interesting survey as it jibes from my own personal experience as well. https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/540072/results

But I did mention those other two studies that were done such as the urinary journals and internal bladder pressure test which shows that women tend to be more prone to bladder problems and tend to go to the bathroom more, although I still think that paradoxically we can hold it more simply because we have to.

Tricky, because the best holders I've ever known were all females - with the caveat that I don't study the bathroom habits of the men I know nearly as closely!  I have no idea if they had to work even harder at it to overcome anatomy and pressure, but however they do it, they do it. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's easier for men, and the reasons boil down mostly to biology.  The first factor to consider comes down to size - men tend to be larger, which usually means having larger bladders, though t

Another random bit of gravity and urinary trivia: that's also a factor that has to be considered in space travel, for both sexes (even men rely on it to some degree), to the point where astronauts and

I'm like totally a wuss and can't hold it so like about everybody holds it better than me.  So yeah. I'm way not the boi that should have an opinion here. 😉

@rebeljaffa

"Tricky, because the best holders I've ever known were all females - with the caveat that I don't study the bathroom habits of the men I know nearly as closely!  I have no idea if they had to work even harder at it to overcome anatomy and pressure, but however they do it, they do it."

That has been my observation as well. But again all the studies I read suggest that women go to the bathroom more, have more urinary difficulties especially as they grow older and when you see desperation it is usually female desperation, and I think that all of these factors turn a lot of women into super holders out of necessity. So like I said it's a combination of being in the worst of both worlds, having to go more but getting to go less, and that tends to build up bladder strength. Women have more holding challenges to overcome but more often have to rise to the challenge and learn to deal with more bladder pain.

15 hours ago, D0nt45k said:

I do personally like the thought of meeting a girl who'd get off to that sort of thing, especially if it results in forcing her to piss herself, particularly in a public or semi-public environment...of course I'd never do that unless I knew for certain that she was into it and that she wouldn't object at a given time (gotta emphasize the "C" in the "SSC" part of kink play).  Of course, these days more than ever before, you have to be really careful when approaching that topic with prospective partners...lest they make rather unfortunate insinuations about you for your trouble that you'll have a very difficult time trying to disprove.

Well the obvious thing is to have a safe word and a role play scenario. For example one time my husband got his dick caught in his tight jeans during omorashi sex, and we had to stop and get him "untangled" before we could carry on! Since it was sore, he just used a vibrator to make me orgasm instead.

6 hours ago, China Girl said:

Well the obvious thing is to have a safe word and a role play scenario. For example one time my husband got his dick caught in his tight jeans during omorashi sex, and we had to stop and get him "untangled" before we could carry on! Since it was sore, he just used a vibrator to make me orgasm instead.

Well of course...and it would probably just be "safe word" to make it easy to remember.

And that bit with your husband reminds me of a story my grandfather told me about his time in the aviation industry.  There was a time when...I think it was Lockheed was considering putting in a new design of toilet on their airliners back in the 50s that had a trap door-style lid which bifurcated down the middle as I understand it, and used a spring to open it when  somebody pushed a lever and close it when they got off the seat after a short delay (the idea was that it would be more hygienic, you see); they ran into the obvious problem when a...shall we say rather "gifted" gentleman got off the seat during a test and it turned out that the delay in the mechanism wasn't enough to account for a man of his size in a certain area.  The design was abandoned, to put it lightly.

I remember when I did the same question and the people get angry, the theard get closed quickly.

Anyway.

My opinion: Depends of the person, but Im kinda sure the men had a stronger with the plus of a bigger bladder.

Also, IRL, there is more chances of a female accident than a male one. (Drunks, for example).

PD: There is good women holders, but someday, they will develop incontinence for ""Training holding""

Edited by faffef
Extra opinion (see edit history)

Sometimes age and health conditions are just as important as the gender.  That being said, assuming equal age and health conditions, I would assume it’s easier for men to “hold it” (if we’re talking about pee).  It’s probably about even if we’re talking about “#2”.  It seems to me that boys have more or a “chance” to “hold it in” before “wetting themselves” because they have a penis and a longer urethra than girls have.   Generally speaking, boys can hold it in unless they were either drunk, have some kind of health problem, or something else unusual.  But a girl could lose control much more easily.

I think that generally boys get more opportunities to pee because if worse comes to worse, they can find a place to pee in the bushes or something like that, while it’s not as easy for girls.  In addition, boys can pee in either urinals or toilets, while girls only have toilets to pee in.

While thinking about public settings (such as schools), girls generally have more places to pee in their  bathrooms than girls do (I  have no proof that this is true).  On the flip side, since there are many more urinals than toilets in men’s bathrooms, those needing to do #2 may have a harder time finding an open stall, but that’s a different topic altogether.  Since we’re talking about primarily #1, it could lead to some interesting situations in a school setting, depending on time constraints between classes or at lunch.  Generally, speaking boys can hold it longer, so they don’t “have to pee” as often as girls do, but when they do decide to relieve themselves, they usually don’t have much of a line (if any) to wait in, and they can sometimes unzip, pee, flush, and rezip in as little as 30 seconds or so.  But for girls, they have to do much more than that.  They have to get into a stall, undress their bottoms, pee, wipe, pull their pants back up, flush, and exit the stall.  I would think that whole process has to take at least a minute, and probably longer if they are desperate or need to do #2.  And since girls can’t hold it as long as guys (assuming equal age and health conditions), they need to pee more often, and it takes twice as long to pee.  And depending on what source you listen to, there aren’t as many facilities in the girls bathrooms as there are in boys bathrooms.  So in a school setting, you can probably guess how this can get interesting.  Let’s say you have 5 minutes between classes to get to a bathroom, and that there are 7 combined toilets/urinals in a boys bathroom, but only 5 toilets in a girls bathroom.  Maybe there are other bathrooms in the school that are smaller or larger, but that’s not the point.  Anyway, if we go by the rules that you can’t be late and can’t use the bathroom during class, this is where it can get fun, especially for the girls.  Let’s assume that two girls have to pee for every boy that has to pee, so for example, let’s say in a given 5 minute break only 10 boys have to pee, but 20 girls have to pee.  For the boys, this isn’t a big problem because there are 7 places to pee, and for most of them, it only takes 30 to 45 seconds to pee, and another 20 seconds or so to wash their hands.  So there would be very little (if any) line.  A few additional boys might be able to pee if necessary, but they don’t really NEED to.  But for the girls, you could be looking at 20 girls that NEED TO PEE during that particular break and can’t wait another hour.  And in a 5 minute passing period with 5 toilets, each toilet can use a maximum of four girls during a passing period, you can see where this gets interesting.  Remember, the girls take longer to pee, and there are less facilities, and more girls need to pee (those creating longer lines), but no more time between classes than guys get.  So just thinking about it, there’s going to be a long line for the girls bathroom, and there’s not going to be enough time for everyone who needs to pee to actually pee.

So it’s kind of a situation where girls need to pee more often than boys (in general), but it takes them longer to do so, and don’t have as many opportunities to do so.

3 hours ago, DesperateQueue said:

Sometimes age and health conditions are just as important as the gender.  That being said, assuming equal age and health conditions, I would assume it’s easier for men to “hold it” (if we’re talking about pee).  It’s probably about even if we’re talking about “#2”.  It seems to me that boys have more or a “chance” to “hold it in” before “wetting themselves” because they have a penis and a longer urethra than girls have.   Generally speaking, boys can hold it in unless they were either drunk, have some kind of health problem, or something else unusual.  But a girl could lose control much more easily.

I think that generally boys get more opportunities to pee because if worse comes to worse, they can find a place to pee in the bushes or something like that, while it’s not as easy for girls.  In addition, boys can pee in either urinals or toilets, while girls only have toilets to pee in.

While thinking about public settings (such as schools), girls generally have more places to pee in their  bathrooms than girls do (I  have no proof that this is true).  On the flip side, since there are many more urinals than toilets in men’s bathrooms, those needing to do #2 may have a harder time finding an open stall, but that’s a different topic altogether.  Since we’re talking about primarily #1, it could lead to some interesting situations in a school setting, depending on time constraints between classes or at lunch.  Generally, speaking boys can hold it longer, so they don’t “have to pee” as often as girls do, but when they do decide to relieve themselves, they usually don’t have much of a line (if any) to wait in, and they can sometimes unzip, pee, flush, and rezip in as little as 30 seconds or so.  But for girls, they have to do much more than that.  They have to get into a stall, undress their bottoms, pee, wipe, pull their pants back up, flush, and exit the stall.  I would think that whole process has to take at least a minute, and probably longer if they are desperate or need to do #2.  And since girls can’t hold it as long as guys (assuming equal age and health conditions), they need to pee more often, and it takes twice as long to pee.  And depending on what source you listen to, there aren’t as many facilities in the girls bathrooms as there are in boys bathrooms.  So in a school setting, you can probably guess how this can get interesting.  Let’s say you have 5 minutes between classes to get to a bathroom, and that there are 7 combined toilets/urinals in a boys bathroom, but only 5 toilets in a girls bathroom.  Maybe there are other bathrooms in the school that are smaller or larger, but that’s not the point.  Anyway, if we go by the rules that you can’t be late and can’t use the bathroom during class, this is where it can get fun, especially for the girls.  Let’s assume that two girls have to pee for every boy that has to pee, so for example, let’s say in a given 5 minute break only 10 boys have to pee, but 20 girls have to pee.  For the boys, this isn’t a big problem because there are 7 places to pee, and for most of them, it only takes 30 to 45 seconds to pee, and another 20 seconds or so to wash their hands.  So there would be very little (if any) line.  A few additional boys might be able to pee if necessary, but they don’t really NEED to.  But for the girls, you could be looking at 20 girls that NEED TO PEE during that particular break and can’t wait another hour.  And in a 5 minute passing period with 5 toilets, each toilet can use a maximum of four girls during a passing period, you can see where this gets interesting.  Remember, the girls take longer to pee, and there are less facilities, and more girls need to pee (those creating longer lines), but no more time between classes than guys get.  So just thinking about it, there’s going to be a long line for the girls bathroom, and there’s not going to be enough time for everyone who needs to pee to actually pee.

So it’s kind of a situation where girls need to pee more often than boys (in general), but it takes them longer to do so, and don’t have as many opportunities to do so.

In new construction, "potty parity" is often the rule.  This can result in up to twice the number of fixtures for women  toilets) as for men (toilets and urinals combined).  

@DesperateQueue

"So it’s kind of a situation where girls need to pee more often than boys (in general), but it takes them longer to do so, and don’t have as many opportunities to do so."

Thank you, this 1 million times over! Like I said the worst of all worlds of needing to go more but getting to go less which results in a lot of bladder discomfort and desperation.

The situation in my high school was especially bad because they found drugs and the girls bathroom so they ended up closing all but one of them resulting in there being five stalls for 750 girls. The worse thing rather than having no bathroom whatsoever is to have so few that only a small percentage of people can use them only if you are lucky to be the first one in there and don't have to wait in line, because then you resent all of the girls who did actually get to go and everything like that. What guys never experienced I don't think in high school is that, since that they always manage to go to the bathroom between class because they could whip into the bathroom and pee within 30 seconds and be out of there, where as for the girls there would often be a line and if there is a line you simply have to say, I guess I'll have to wait until next break, and after a while those keep building up and building up and you get quite desperate to the point where you are practically praying that there won't be a line simply so that you can get a chance to go to the bathroom. But you have to figure that with one toilet per 150 girls and four minutes between class that the majority of girls must have been holding it very uncomfortably all day or most of the day at any rate. I know I certainly was!

@China Girl

"I haven't noticed that much here, it tends to be ridiculous queues for women and a bit less ridiculous for men."

True although the US is lacking in potty parity I hear the situation is terrible in China. Large population+few toilets=lots of squirmy ladies!

That would be really sexy if it was for adults, but it's just cruel with children. I must admit that when I was at university, I did sometimes wish that toilet breaks weren't allowed, so some of my classmates might end up having an accident. But that's at an age where people are mature enough to get over an accident.

In practical terms I did actually go to a club once where there were no toilets for women, since they had been clogged up with sanitary products. It was absolute omorashi paradise and, aside from myself, I saw several wet and messy skirts, and who knows how many didn't make it home. Granted there was a lot of beer involved in that too...

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)
7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@DesperateQueue

"So it’s kind of a situation where girls need to pee more often than boys (in general), but it takes them longer to do so, and don’t have as many opportunities to do so."

Thank you, this 1 million times over! Like I said the worst of all worlds of needing to go more but getting to go less which results in a lot of bladder discomfort and desperation.

The situation in my high school was especially bad because they found drugs and the girls bathroom so they ended up closing all but one of them resulting in there being five stalls for 750 girls. The worse thing rather than having no bathroom whatsoever is to have so few that only a small percentage of people can use them only if you are lucky to be the first one in there and don't have to wait in line, because then you resent all of the girls who did actually get to go and everything like that. What guys never experienced I don't think in high school is that, since that they always manage to go to the bathroom between class because they could whip into the bathroom and pee within 30 seconds and be out of there, where as for the girls there would often be a line and if there is a line you simply have to say, I guess I'll have to wait until next break, and after a while those keep building up and building up and you get quite desperate to the point where you are practically praying that there won't be a line simply so that you can get a chance to go to the bathroom. But you have to figure that with one toilet per 150 girls and four minutes between class that the majority of girls must have been holding it very uncomfortably all day or most of the day at any rate. I know I certainly was!

@China Girl

"I haven't noticed that much here, it tends to be ridiculous queues for women and a bit less ridiculous for men."

True although the US is lacking in potty parity I hear the situation is terrible in China. Large population+few toilets=lots of squirmy ladies!

Couple that with their completely fucked sexual demographics as a consequence of the "One Child" law.  Must be hell trying to find a partner as a straight guy over there.

36 minutes ago, China Girl said:

That would be really sexy if it was for adults, but it's just cruel with children. I must admit that when I was at university, I did sometimes wish that toilet breaks weren't allowed, so some of my classmates might end up having an accident. But that's at an age where people are mature enough to get over an accident.

In practical terms I did actually go to a club once where there were no toilets for women, since they had been clogged up with sanitary products. It was absolute omorashi paradise and, aside from myself, I saw several wet and messy skirts, and who knows how many didn't make it home. Granted there was a lot of beer involved in that too...

I'll admit, hearing of people pulling that kind of shit on children makes my blood boil.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
14 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

In new construction, "potty parity" is often the rule.  This can result in up to twice the number of fixtures for women  toilets) as for men (toilets and urinals combined).  

In theory, that’s what needs to happen,  but in practice, it seems like men get more toilets/urinals than women get toilets  because urinals take up less space, and if men’s and women’s restrooms have the same square footage, then men have more places to pee than women.

Edited by DesperateQueue (see edit history)
1 hour ago, DesperateQueue said:

In theory, that’s what needs to happen,  it on practice, it seems like me  get more toilets/urinals than women get tillers because urinals take up less space, and if men’s and women’s restrooms have the same square footage, then men have more places to pee than women.

Taken to its logical conclusion, it basically results in there just being extra women's restrooms, though this probably leads to legal headaches in the US since that's technically gender-based discrimination against men, and that violates a Constitutional amendment (aimed at granting women equal protections to men, which would mean going both ways in practice).

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)

@DesperateQueue

"In theory, that’s what needs to happen,  but in practice, it seems like men get more toilets/urinals than women get toilets  because urinals take up less space, and if men’s and women’s restrooms have the same square footage, then men have more places to pee than women."

@D0nt45k

"Taken to its logical conclusion, it basically results in there just being extra women's restrooms, though this probably leads to legal headaches in the US since that's technically gender-based discrimination against men, and that violates a Constitutional amendment (aimed at granting women equal protections to men, which would mean going both ways in practice)."

Actually it wouldn't be giving women extra bathrooms as it would just be bring them up to the equal number of stalls and urinals in the men's room. The whole idea of potty parity is that actually now men technically do get more when you count urinals.

Like if you don't take potty parity into consideration you can have a situation where there are five stalls in the ladies room and five stalls and maybe a whole wall full of urinals in the men's room, like 10 of them or something like that. If you are going by equal number of stalls you can say that the men and women have an equal number, and if you don't count urinals than that doesn't bring up the fact that men technically have three times as many places to go as women.

Bringing the number of women stalls up to the number of stalls and urinals in the men's room would technically be bringing about actual parity, but at the same time since women take longer and have to go more men still technically have the advantage.

The key I think is whether you are going for equality of opportunity or equality of outcome, because even if you give women the same number of stalls as stalls and urinals in the men's room the men will still be able to make use of them more quickly, so women will still be at a disadvantage. This is one case where providing the same amount for each sex still results in a disparity for women, whereas to actually get women to be able to go as quickly as men you would have to give them significantly more.

It actually does remind me of a video that suggested that they did a study and they found that the line to the women's room is 34 times as long as the men's room, 34 times! Obviously it's not realistic to provide women 34 times as many places to go to the bathroom, never going to happen in 1 million years, and even there I have to admit that in some cases maybe it's just not practical to have the same equality of outcome.

But when it comes down to it having the same number of stalls and urinals in the ladies rooms as exists in the men's rooms would at least be a little bit better than having men having three times as many places to pee and considering that they go less and go faster.

Right now women are once again in the worst of all worlds in that we have to go more, take longer to go and yet  or have half or a third as many places to pee, so that's just a recipe for extreme inequality and desperation. It's a paradise for omorashi lovers but a hell if you really want to relieve yourself!

If you accept the quality as he quality of outcome it means having to provide the women significantly more places to go than men, but if you believe simply inequality of opportunity that still means accepting that women will not be able to go as quickly as men would be able to relieve themselves as easily, and I think that when it comes to potty parity most people go with equality of opportunity rather than equality of outcome, so even then it still technically doesn't solve the problem by a long shot.

@China Girl

"Worst of all possible worlds, or best for us, LOL.

I'm bisexual and like all kinds of desperation, but I mostly end up enjoying female desperation, for that reason!"

I enjoy female desperation too but sometimes when you are bursting you don't want to have to wait 45 additional minutes or have to skip out on going because the line is too long, although it is fun to watch others in that situation once you have relieved yourself!

Why does the shorter urthrea matter though if once your pee leaves your bladder and into the uthrea it is coming out either way. Its not like there is muscles inside it if you a guy or girl based on my understanding. 

I think girls may be more willing to hold it out than us guys. Sometimes I take a pee at a public restroom instead of waiting 10mins to walk home, but if I was a girl and cant use a urinal I may be more willling to hold it. I think thats why we are more likey to know of girls being desperate to pee than boys 

5 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Why does the shorter urthrea matter though if once your pee leaves your bladder and into the uthrea it is coming out either way. Its not like there is muscles inside it if you a guy or girl based on my understanding. 

I think girls may be more willing to hold it out than us guys. Sometimes I take a pee at a public restroom instead of waiting 10mins to walk home, but if I was a girl and cant use a urinal I may be more willling to hold it. I think thats why we are more likey to know of girls being desperate to pee than boys 

It's probably that guys have an external part that, if one's really trying to buy some extra time, one can just grab onto and squeeze shut...though in practice this is only going to buy you a minute or two.

3 hours ago, D0nt45k said:

It's probably that guys have an external part that, if one's really trying to buy some extra time, one can just grab onto and squeeze shut...though in practice this is only going to buy you a minute or two.

I don't think squeezing is physically helpful. It only have mentally effect because when I'm desperate, I feel the urgency comes from there instead of the bladder, which make you want to grab it to relieve the urgency somehow. 

1 hour ago, Sudoers said:

I don't think squeezing is physically helpful. It only have mentally effect because when I'm desperate, I feel the urgency comes from there instead of the bladder, which make you want to grab it to relieve the urgency somehow. 

It’s bought me another minute in a couple of cases.

@Angusburger

"Why does the shorter urthrea matter though if once your pee leaves your bladder and into the uthrea it is coming out either way. Its not like there is muscles inside it if you a guy or girl based on my understanding."

Actually it does make a difference as I have read about this. The typical female urethra is only 4 cm long whereas the male urethra is 20 cm long. The male urethra has more muscle wrapped around it which helps for holding. Because of the shorter female urethra there's a lot more pressure that is generated in the bladder so when there is a lot of pee pressing up against the you feel the pressure more.

I thought of an experiment that I think would illustrate this point. Imagine taking a balloon and filling it really full with water. Picture the female urethra as being like that tiny little thing at the end where you would tie it shut. If you tie it shut like that and hold it there you can feel all the pressure and as soon as you let it go all of the water is going to gush out.

Now picture the male urethra being like taking a balloon and instead of having that little opening at the bottom you put like a 20 inch straw in there. Now when you release the straw the water will trickle out slowly and the pressure won't be as extreme and I think that illustrates the points of the male and female bladder.

And it is true that people have done tests where they have measured the pressure in the male and female bladder and it turns out that the male bladder creates twice as much pressure inside and can handle twice as much pressure, which is one reason why women tend to leak urine more.

"I think girls may be more willing to hold it out than us guys. Sometimes I take a pee at a public restroom instead of waiting 10mins to walk home, but if I was a girl and cant use a urinal I may be more willling to hold it. I think thats why we are more likey to know of girls being desperate to pee than boys"

I think that this might be a factor, because as I said in my other thread women's asses have to make contact with the toilet seat and a lot of women simply don't like using public toilets or would prefer to use their home toilet if possible. So if there was only a short wait a lot of women would probably choose to go to the bathroom whereas men would be more likely to have a pee in the urinal. And again at the men's room there is rarely a line where as if a woman encounters a line she might think, well you know I can probably get home faster than I can wait in this line, but then unexpected circumstances could end up changing that, and then you might end up regretting that you didn't go to the bathroom. So I do think that a lot of situations a girl might be more likely to hold it in a situation where a boy would just relieve himself.

Women do often end up holding it more because of queues. Sometimes I've been walking home with female friends who didn't pee at the club they were at because of the long queue, and end up wetting themselves walking home as a result. But they're pretty at ease with wetting themselves, and it spares them queueing for ages and being late home.