Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is it easier to hold it for men or women???

What do you think guys, who have it easier boys or girls. I now that when being Soo desperate it's not easy to keep holding your pee but what do you think 🤔 who has the advantage on those cases of bursting bladder, we women or you men. I don't maybe for example you boys have the advantage you can pinch with your finger or grab your penni's with your hand and maybe it can help in the case of men to hold it, I don't know, tell me 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's easier for men, and the reasons boil down mostly to biology.  The first factor to consider comes down to size - men tend to be larger, which usually means having larger bladders, though t

Another random bit of gravity and urinary trivia: that's also a factor that has to be considered in space travel, for both sexes (even men rely on it to some degree), to the point where astronauts and

I'm like totally a wuss and can't hold it so like about everybody holds it better than me.  So yeah. I'm way not the boi that should have an opinion here. 😉

I would say it's easier for men. A lot of reasons for it (men have prostates, men have longer urethras, larger bladders, stronger muscles and such) but there's also the fact that it's very hard for a guy to pee while erect, while I'm not sure if there's any comparable mechanism in women that closes the urethra during arousal. You may find individual examples where this isn't the case (a 20-something woman will have an easier time holding than a 50-something man who just had treatment for prostate cancer) but when you're speaking generally, male biology just makes holding way easier.

29 minutes ago, AdamantZoroark said:

I would say it's easier for men. A lot of reasons for it (men have prostates, men have longer urethras, larger bladders, stronger muscles and such) but there's also the fact that it's very hard for a guy to pee while erect, while I'm not sure if there's any comparable mechanism in women that closes the urethra during arousal. You may find individual examples where this isn't the case (a 20-something woman will have an easier time holding than a 50-something man who just had treatment for prostate cancer) but when you're speaking generally, male biology just makes holding way easier.

Funny you should mention the prostate, because that can actually make it harder for older men to hold it since it sometimes starts swelling up.  Most of the time this can be treated fairly easily, but sometimes it's an early sign of prostate cancer.

2 hours ago, D0nt45k said:

I think it's easier for men, and the reasons boil down mostly to biology.  The first factor to consider comes down to size - men tend to be larger, which usually means having larger bladders, though this also tends to come with a faster metabolism and that can fill it up faster, somewhat reducing the disparity.  Another factor is that men have an extra urinary sphincter that women don't have, although we can't actually control it voluntarily and its main function is to prevent semen from diverting into the bladder instead of out one's dick when climaxing (that's why guys have a hard time taking a piss while hard if you're curious...and why a lot of guys may suddenly get really desperate after having an orgasm).  There's also the fact that when it comes to actually emptying one's bladder, men apparently rely more on muscle power whereas women rely more on gravity to do the work for them, which can work against them most of the time.  Then, of course, there's having something external to grab onto and squeeze one's urethra shut if one really has to do so to buy a bit more time, as you've said yourself - I know I've done it a couple of times.

I like the “gravity” reference. Of course, for some women with weak pelvic floors the simple act of standing up can be enough for them to empty their bladder in their pants…

5 hours ago, nappypants said:

I like the “gravity” reference. Of course, for some women with weak pelvic floors the simple act of standing up can be enough for them to empty their bladder in their pants…

Another random bit of gravity and urinary trivia: that's also a factor that has to be considered in space travel, for both sexes (even men rely on it to some degree), to the point where astronauts and cosmonauts have to take regular piss breaks on a timed basis to avoid rupturing their bladders.  Of course, to make up for the lack of gravity they make use of what's basically an overengineered penis/pussy pump (complete with custom-made funnels for each person that has to use it) to assist them in this most delicate of tasks.  Might be something for any of you reading this to include in your sci-fi RPs or fiction.

But that's getting a bit off-topic now.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)

Based on my observation, I think most men have average holding capability, which means visiting bathroom every several hours. In modern society, it seldom introduces trouble and it's very hard to see a man desperate to pee. 

But a lot of girls fall into two extreme categories. Some of them need a bathroom break within 2 hours. But some  of them don't go all day long, even when an opportunity is available and every one else go to the bathroom together. 

So if we image a scenario that nobody can visit the bathroom more than 10 hours. I think some girls will wet firstly. But I'm not sure who will be the last one. 

As a person who has given way way way more thought to this than any one humanly should I can say that it is no contest, when it comes to relieving themselves guys are basically in pee pee paradise where as women are in cross legged bladder hell most of the time.

As has been pointed out here men tend to have bigger bladders, they don't have to make room for the uterus, they don't have female issues to deal with, they have longer urethras, erections can help to close off the peeing tubes and it has been demonstrated that the male bladder can deal with twice as much pressure inside than the female one. And urinary journals have shown that women tend to go 6 to 7 times a day on average whereas men go 3 to 4 times and you see a lot more cases of women being desperate than men and having other urinary problems, especially following pregnancy.

However that brings us up to the interesting paradox as pointed out by @Sudoers:

"But a lot of girls fall into two extreme categories. Some of them need a bathroom break within 2 hours. But some  of them don't go all day long, even when an opportunity is available and every one else go to the bathroom together."

I can say that I definitely need to go to the bathroom every two hours at least in terms of feeling the urge to go to the bathroom, but I can wait much longer than that if I have to such as at my job where I have learned the hard way that it is definitely possible for me to hold for 6 1/2 hours, albeit uncomfortably full for much of the day.

I think the paradox is that women tend to have to go to the bathroom more often but get fewer opportunities to go, which results in more desperation. So it sort of like the worst of both worlds, women both having to pee more but having to hold it more, so you get a lot of situations where men will be relieving themselves simply because they can, where as women won't be relieving themselves simply because it's not practical to do so.

As a result of that if a woman has to hold out of necessity, i.e. in the case of yours truly, she finds herself developing a much larger bladder than she would otherwise have or would have ever thought possible. So that's where you get a situation where because of necessity a lot of women end up developing bladders of steel simply to cope with the fact that they can't relieve themselves as easily as men can. So although women tend to have more urinary issues and desperation in general, I think that a lot of the more extreme holders and outliers tend to be women who have deliberately built up their bladder strength out of necessity or to deliberately holding it, and I can speak of that from experience!

For example at my job the men will typically pee several times during the course of the day simply because they have the opportunity to do so easily, where as I and my female coworkers will end up holding it pretty much all day. I think that we probably have to go just as often as the men do, except we don't have the opportunity to do so, so the situation develops that although we have similar urinary needs the guys are able to relieve theirs while we are not, so although we might have comparable holding abilities and desires to go, out of necessity the women end up having to hold it a lot more and probably develop stronger bladders as a result of that, cause we have no other option.

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

As a person who has given way way way more thought to this than any one humanly should I can say that it is no contest, when it comes to relieving themselves guys are basically in pee pee paradise where as women are in cross legged bladder hell most of the time.

As has been pointed out here men tend to have bigger bladders, they don't have to make room for the uterus, they don't have female issues to deal with, they have longer urethras, erections can help to close off the peeing tubes and it has been demonstrated that the male bladder can deal with twice as much pressure inside than the female one. And urinary journals have shown that women tend to go 6 to 7 times a day on average whereas men go 3 to 4 times and you see a lot more cases of women being desperate than men and having other urinary problems, especially following pregnancy.

However that brings us up to the interesting paradox as pointed out by @Sudoers:

"But a lot of girls fall into two extreme categories. Some of them need a bathroom break within 2 hours. But some  of them don't go all day long, even when an opportunity is available and every one else go to the bathroom together."

I can say that I definitely need to go to the bathroom every two hours at least in terms of feeling the urge to go to the bathroom, but I can wait much longer than that if I have to such as at my job where I have learned the hard way that it is definitely possible for me to hold for 6 1/2 hours, albeit uncomfortably full for much of the day.

I think the paradox is that women tend to have to go to the bathroom more often but get fewer opportunities to go, which results in more desperation. So it sort of like the worst of both worlds, women both having to pee more but having to hold it more, so you get a lot of situations where men will be relieving themselves simply because they can, where as women won't be relieving themselves simply because it's not practical to do so.

As a result of that if a woman has to hold out of necessity, i.e. in the case of yours truly, she finds herself developing a much larger bladder than she would otherwise have or would have ever thought possible. So that's where you get a situation where because of necessity a lot of women end up developing bladders of steel simply to cope with the fact that they can't relieve themselves as easily as men can. So although women tend to have more urinary issues and desperation in general, I think that a lot of the more extreme holders and outliers tend to be women who have deliberately built up their bladder strength out of necessity or to deliberately holding it, and I can speak of that from experience!

For example at my job the men will typically pee several times during the course of the day simply because they have the opportunity to do so easily, where as I and my female coworkers will end up holding it pretty much all day. I think that we probably have to go just as often as the men do, except we don't have the opportunity to do so, so the situation develops that although we have similar urinary needs the guys are able to relieve theirs while we are not, so although we might have comparable holding abilities and desires to go, out of necessity the women end up having to hold it a lot more and probably develop stronger bladders as a result of that, cause we have no other option.

That's actually a rather interesting observation, because usually when it comes to biological bell curves, the trends are reversed, with men tending to fall more on either extreme and women usually being more average (an example of this being IQ - men are much more likely to have IQs above 120 or below 85, that is to say more likely to be geniuses or be mentally retarded, than women are), or at least according to most of what I've read over the years.  I wonder if there's a study on this particular phenomenon regarding bladder capacity, continence, and urination.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
16 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I knew several girls with strong bladder who are very proud about it. As mentioned, they sometimes skip natural opportunities to visit bathroom and become distinguished. Following is some examples. Maybe I have mentioned some of them here. 

Back to my middle school age, I found one of my classmates never visit the bathroom. She isn't the that kind of girls too shy to mention pee related issues. One day I found an opportunity to raise this topic to her.  She admitted that she doesn't need to use school bathroom proudly with a challenging mood. 

When I was in university, our lab once organized a team building to climbing a mountain in rural area. We departured early in the morning and  took about two hours to arrive there by bus. There was a bathroom near the bus stop.  Since it is undeveloped area, that bathroom is probably the only bathroom we can see during the day (actually it is). Also because everyone took two hours bus, then all but one girl took a piss. I heard another girl suggest to her that we will have no opportunity to pee for a long time, you had better use this bathroom. But she said she doesn't need and just stayed outside to wait everyone else. She had not use the bathroom until evening after we were back and found an restaurant for dinner.  When we entered the restaurant, she headed to the bathroom directly. 

Another case about this girl. Once she had some medical issues. I stayed together with her in the hospital all afternoon to help her for some examinations. The doctor prescribed intravenous drip treatment for her. Before the treatment, I suggested her to use the bathroom firstly since the treatment will take a long time and keep inputting liquid into her body.  Plus I knew she did not use the bathroom at least the whole afternoon. Again she refused to do so and said it's totally not necessary. She really did not show any urgent during the treatment, and she had not went even several hours after the treatment until we separated that day. 

5 hours ago, Sudoers said:

When I was in university, our lab once organized a team building to climbing a mountain in rural area. We departured early in the morning and  took about two hours to arrive there by bus. There was a bathroom near the bus stop.  Since it is undeveloped area, that bathroom is probably the only bathroom we can see during the day (actually it is). Also because everyone took two hours bus, then all but one girl took a piss. I heard another girl suggest to her that we will have no opportunity to pee for a long time, you had better use this bathroom. But she said she doesn't need and just stayed outside to wait everyone else. She had not use the bathroom until evening after we were back and found an restaurant for dinner.  When we entered the restaurant, she headed to the bathroom directly. 

Another case about this girl. Once she had some medical issues. I stayed together with her in the hospital all afternoon to help her for some examinations. The doctor prescribed intravenous drip treatment for her. Before the treatment, I suggested her to use the bathroom firstly since the treatment will take a long time and keep inputting liquid into her body.  Plus I knew she did not use the bathroom at least the whole afternoon. Again she refused to do so and said it's totally not necessary. She really did not show any urgent during the treatment, and she had not went even several hours after the treatment until we separated that day. 

Are you sure she didn’t wear diapers?

It would kind of make sense in explaining “unusual” toilet behaviour, like not wanting to go with everyone else. Also medical issues could be a bit of a red flag for it, and in the case of an intravenous treatment with hugh levels of hydration it’s possible they give someone a nappy or a catheter anyway? You may have good reasons to have ruled it out as a possibility though.

Edited by nappypants (see edit history)

@D0nt45k

"That's actually a rather interesting observation, because usually when it comes to biological bell curves, the trends are reversed, with men tending to fall more on either extreme and women usually being more average (an example of this being IQ - men are much more likely to have IQs above 120 or below 85, that is to say more likely to be geniuses or be mentally retarded, than women are), or at least according to most of what I've read over the years.  I wonder if there's a study on this particular phenomenon regarding bladder capacity, continence, and urination."

This is what I have heard as well, when it comes to bell curves it seems like testosterone is a factor that either makes you really smart or really dumb and that women tend to be more average somewhere in between, which could be because all fetuses initially start out as female, so the actual default for human beings is female with male pushing stronger in one direction or another when testosterone is added.

I think that with bladder specifically though that, again the feminist in me kind of hates to admit this, is that it does seem like women have more difficulties when it comes to urination, that women have smaller bladders and have to go more in general, but I do think that women tend to also represent the extremes in this case out of circumstance. I think that women in this case end up taking one of two extremes, either they have a small bladder and they plan their lives around it (the girl who always has to pee stereotype), otherwise they deliberately try to make their bladder stronger through holding it largely out of necessity or out of desire to avoid using public bathrooms or being on a bladder leash, and I think that a lot of women who have large bladders tend to be prideful about it and tend to be more judgmental of women who relieve themselves more often, which has just been my observation in general.

I can sort of come at it from both standpoints because I was a person who from a young age kind of had an overactive bladder and was always going to the bathroom all the time, but gradually through holding it have made my bladder a lot stronger and everything like that. The bladder is a muscle that you can stretch and that you can improve over time, but I think that in general it's more of a challenge for women who start at a disadvantage when it comes to holding it but because of circumstances, ironically, often have to rise to the occasion and learn to bear down and hold it and learn to stretch those bladder muscles! I can say personally that I have learned this the very hard way.

But I do feel that genetics play a role as some people are just born with bigger bladders or smaller ones regardless of sex, and even if you can make your bladder larger I have found over time that although I can hold a lot longer than I used to do, I still feel the need to go, the urge to go just as soon, I have just learned that I can hold that urge a lot longer, albeit with much discomfort.Generally speaking I would normally go to the bathroom every hour or two because that's when I first feel the urge, although I can hold it for six or seven hours or more, but I spend most of that time really feeling the urge to go and finding it hard to ignore even if I can hold it.

Generally it's much easier for men. I've seen many women have accidents before, but only a man once or twice. In each case it was a drunk man who had passed out and wet his pants. It happens, but not so often. Maybe 10% of accidents are male I think.

This is also why it's much more common for women to have this kink, and why most content is about us, even written stories and experiences which could be about anyone easily.

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)

I was hiking with my father when I was 10 years old. I noticed that even if we drank the same amount of water he needed to pee much more often than me, and I came to the conclusion that it must be because I have shorter legs, so I work harder and sweat more. Never did it cross my mind that me, a girl, might be better than an adult man at holding it, but thinking back on it I´m pretty sure that it was the case. If you believe that in general men are better than women at something, or vice versa, that will be what you see. But individual differences will always be much bigger.

Females have a long history of having to hold their pee because it is impracticable for them to go . Even think back to the era of long dresses and multiple layers of clothing.  Guys do have it easier in that regard.

Men might have the advantage in being larger and thus have larger bladders.

Females who have given birth  often have weakened pelvic floors  that can result in leaks and incontinence as they age.

Us males - including me- have enlarged prostates as we age that result in urinary issues including sudden urges , leaks and incontinence. 

Myth busting : Again I must mention  this fact having a penis to squeeze does not physically help hold our pee. It does seem to help psychologically but so does a woman holding her crotch. Our sphincter is located at the base of our penis. Once urine gets past that, and into our urethra, it is coming out no matter what we do. Little drops are okay but any significant amount or under pressure is extremely painful. Much worse than any desperation might feel. I reflexively release my hand and the pee in my urethra comes out. There is nothing in the penis to stop it.

All humans, including of course females have a sphincter.  The valve that prevents urine and seman mixing, blocking the bladder when penis is erect, is seperate . Our sphincter then allows us to hold back ejaculating as long as possable which feels awesome. [ Thus in my mind the connection of pee holding and sex ]  What males do have is a much longer urethra because it goes from the sphincter & prostate through the length of the penis. But like I say once urine in in the urethra it is coming out in at most seconds regardless.

In summation I think who can hold it longer depends  on the individual, more than gender , and their physical makeup , like the size of their bladder , and strength of their sphincter, as well as their tolerance for discomfort and pain . 

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

@China Girl

"Generally it's much easier for men. I've seen many women have accidents before, but only a man once or twice. In each case it was a drunk man who had passed out and wet his pants. It happens, but not so often. Maybe 10% of accidents are male I think.

This is also why it's much more common for women to have this kink, and why most content is about us, even written stories and experiences which could be about anyone easily."

I strongly agree with this. When you just go to experiences when you see someone desperate it is usually a woman and it's just true that women do just have more experiences of desperation simply due to circumstances. At first I thought maybe it was just because all kinks are more popular and expressed more by men because any kink community tends to be dominated by men, but even with this fetish it seems like women prefer other women desperate in most cases.

So once again I feel it just reflects the reality that or men holding is a rarity unless they specifically choose it, where as most women have to hold it on a regular basis. Like a couple of people have said over the years, almost every woman has a desperate story to share, it's just more part of our life and I think that results in the kink more. Women get the kink because they experience it, men get the kink because they witness it far more than they do their own desperation.

@wettingman

"In summation I think who can hold it longer depends  on the individual, more than gender , and their physical makeup , like the size of their bladder , and strength of their sphincter, as well as their tolerance for discomfort and pain . "

An interesting thing on that last point is I remember reading that due to evolution it does seem like men can take more direct intense pain, such as getting punched in the face, better than women can, but women can deal better with prolonged persistent pain such as the pain of pregnancy or menstruation or things of that nature.

I can't remember where I saw the article originally but the basic gist of it was because men evolve through fighting and protecting their territory and stuff like that they had to evolve to take more quick short bursts of pain such as in combat. But since women have to deal with the long term pain of things like pregnancy and stuff like that they are able to deal better with long-term persistent lower grade pain.

This I often think of in regards to a full bladder. I do think that maybe women are little bit better at dealing with a prolonged painfully full bladder than men are. But again a lot of that is circumstantial, men can relieve themselves so they do, women can't so they hold. Although there is probably a lot of individual variance based on individuals regardless of gender, the fact is that out of circumstance women just end up holding it more one way or another. Whether women are better at holding it it may not be able to say conclusively, but we are definitely more frequently holding it by a long shot.

Actually there are kinks more common among women and kinks more common among men. Men are much more likely to like putting things up their butt, for example, while women are more likely to have fantasies about being raped. Wetting happens to be one of the (very) female dominated ones.

Speaking for myself, while I wouldn't say I have rape fantasies exactly, I do like the idea of my husband putting his hand up my skirt and making me orgasm without asking. Though of course he knows I like that.

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)
51 minutes ago, China Girl said:

Actually there are kinks more common among women and kinks more common among men. Men are much more likely to like putting things up their butt, for example, while women are more likely to have fantasies about being raped. Wetting happens to be one of the (very) female dominated ones.

Speaking for myself, while I wouldn't say I have rape fantasies exactly, I do like the idea of my husband putting his hand up my skirt and making me orgasm without asking. Though of course he knows I like that.

I do personally like the thought of meeting a girl who'd get off to that sort of thing, especially if it results in forcing her to piss herself, particularly in a public or semi-public environment...of course I'd never do that unless I knew for certain that she was into it and that she wouldn't object at a given time (gotta emphasize the "C" in the "SSC" part of kink play).  Of course, these days more than ever before, you have to be really careful when approaching that topic with prospective partners...lest they make rather unfortunate insinuations about you for your trouble that you'll have a very difficult time trying to disprove.

10 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@D0nt45k

"That's actually a rather interesting observation, because usually when it comes to biological bell curves, the trends are reversed, with men tending to fall more on either extreme and women usually being more average (an example of this being IQ - men are much more likely to have IQs above 120 or below 85, that is to say more likely to be geniuses or be mentally retarded, than women are), or at least according to most of what I've read over the years.  I wonder if there's a study on this particular phenomenon regarding bladder capacity, continence, and urination."

This is what I have heard as well, when it comes to bell curves it seems like testosterone is a factor that either makes you really smart or really dumb and that women tend to be more average somewhere in between, which could be because all fetuses initially start out as female, so the actual default for human beings is female with male pushing stronger in one direction or another when testosterone is added.

I think that with bladder specifically though that, again the feminist in me kind of hates to admit this, is that it does seem like women have more difficulties when it comes to urination, that women have smaller bladders and have to go more in general, but I do think that women tend to also represent the extremes in this case out of circumstance. I think that women in this case end up taking one of two extremes, either they have a small bladder and they plan their lives around it (the girl who always has to pee stereotype), otherwise they deliberately try to make their bladder stronger through holding it largely out of necessity or out of desire to avoid using public bathrooms or being on a bladder leash, and I think that a lot of women who have large bladders tend to be prideful about it and tend to be more judgmental of women who relieve themselves more often, which has just been my observation in general.

I can sort of come at it from both standpoints because I was a person who from a young age kind of had an overactive bladder and was always going to the bathroom all the time, but gradually through holding it have made my bladder a lot stronger and everything like that. The bladder is a muscle that you can stretch and that you can improve over time, but I think that in general it's more of a challenge for women who start at a disadvantage when it comes to holding it but because of circumstances, ironically, often have to rise to the occasion and learn to bear down and hold it and learn to stretch those bladder muscles! I can say personally that I have learned this the very hard way.

But I do feel that genetics play a role as some people are just born with bigger bladders or smaller ones regardless of sex, and even if you can make your bladder larger I have found over time that although I can hold a lot longer than I used to do, I still feel the need to go, the urge to go just as soon, I have just learned that I can hold that urge a lot longer, albeit with much discomfort.Generally speaking I would normally go to the bathroom every hour or two because that's when I first feel the urge, although I can hold it for six or seven hours or more, but I spend most of that time really feeling the urge to go and finding it hard to ignore even if I can hold it.

Yeah I agree, I think that women are in the extremes a lot. My spouse has such a mastery over her bladder it's astonishing. She can drink fluids and hold all day, and when she needs to release on command.

When she pees she can pee a lot at once, like 50mL/second and within just 20 seconds she'll have released almost a liter of it. And I'm just watching and thinking "wow". Sometimes she can even spray me, hold it in, then spray me again, she has really strong pelvic muscles.

Of course she's in a good category, she had no kids and is in her 30's, but I'm just so amazed. She can definitely hold much more than I can. She crosses her legs a lot, but she usually does so because of fashion not necessarily from holding though I have seen her do a pee pee dance once in a while. But up until the final moments, she's really good at it and can go a whole day without using the washroom whereas I'd go a few times. 

22 hours ago, CatFood said:

I think it varies more by person than it does by gender. Just an observation?

I'm with you on that.  Most of the time I can't see much difference in day to day life.  I know a couple of men who rarely pee (I don't pay much attention but I sometimes travel with one of them so it shows) and equally I've known women who tend to wait for noticeably long times.  Experience tells me that women can be sightly more prone to leakage, then again I've only ever made girlfriends laugh to the point that they threaten to leak, or actually leak. Men might but don't talk about it, for all I know. 

There may be social reasons why women make themselves hold sometimes. 

I still feel that overall it averages out roughly the same if you just take a simple cross section of people.  Maybe someone has done a survey and compiled data on that?

@John

"Of course she's in a good category, she had no kids and is in her 30's, but I'm just so amazed. She can definitely hold much more than I can. She crosses her legs a lot, but she usually does so because of fashion not necessarily from holding though I have seen her do a pee pee dance once in a while. But up until the final moments, she's really good at it and can go a whole day without using the washroom whereas I'd go a few times."

I think that I have that going for me as well and that I am 37 and I have never been pregnant or had kids or anything like that, I think if it were otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to go as long as I am now. So even though I will be crossing my legs half of the day while I am at work I can still ultimately hold it when I really need to. A woman who had had several children probably would not be able to do so I am guessing.

@rebeljaffa

"There may be social reasons why women make themselves hold sometimes. 

I still feel that overall it averages out roughly the same if you just take a simple cross section of people.  Maybe someone has done a survey and compiled data on that?"

The main social reason for women holding it is simply because there either isn't a bathroom or the lines are too impossibly long. I did do one survey though about my long ladies room line survey which showed that women frequently have to give up going to the bathroom or having to wait a really long time because of lines, which I always found to be a very interesting survey as it jibes from my own personal experience as well. https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/540072/results

But I did mention those other two studies that were done such as the urinary journals and internal bladder pressure test which shows that women tend to be more prone to bladder problems and tend to go to the bathroom more, although I still think that paradoxically we can hold it more simply because we have to.