Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Peeing in the sink...and why we don't use urinals at home?

I'll start by qualifying my opinion with the fact I live alone and don't tend to entertain guests at home - I live above my business, which is a far better entertaining space, and the below only typically applies when I'm at home (although, not exclusively 😉 ).

So, hands up, I probably pee in the sink far, far more often than I do in the toilet. Why, I hear you cry? Well, for starters it's far more conveniently placed than the toilet bowl for a 6ft+ chunky bloke - if I'm standing to pee, as I tend to when I only need to pee, then it's bound to get messy if I try to aim into the bowl, and I don't want to have to keep wiping the seat/rim/floor. The sink/basin on the other hand is conveniently positioned at roughly waist height, much more useful - I can either keep hold and aim at the plughole without risking splashes as there's much less distance for the stream to travel, or if I'm feeling lazy then I can flop it over the edge and leave it to do its thing whilst I'm otherwise occupied playing with my phone, sorting my hair, brushing teeth or whatever, with no danger of spills making a mess.

It really is just like having a urinal in my own bathroom. 😄 In fact, that's what got me to thinking, why don't we tend to have urinals installed in our houses? Especially for single blokes, it would make so much sense! And even for families, it would be a cheap and easy way of adding another way of peeing, especially with young boys in the house, or even high maintenance teens who tend to hog the bathroom/loo for far, far too long.

Obviously I keep on top of cleaning the sink so that it doesn't smell, and whilst I'll not pretend I've never used a sink somewhere else I tend not to because I don't want somebody else needing to use it for more normal purposes after I've peed in it and before it's had a proper clean etc. But yeah, sink peeing, if you haven't then you should try it! 😄 

Well, at my parents house we have a real urinal in one bathroom. Why? Well.....

My mom was very strict with her bathroom rules. Absolutely no peeing while standing! But my dad was a plumber, so for the second bathroom he installed a urinal. We had to renovate so it hadn't made a big difference.

But obviously you need more room for this and it doesn't replace a toilet so you would need both. I think that is the reason why we usually don't see them in apartments or houses.

Oh and I don't use the sink for that in my apartment.

2 hours ago, FluffySeal said:

Well, at my parents house we have a real urinal in one bathroom. Why? Well.....

My mom was very strict with her bathroom rules. Absolutely no peeing while standing! But my dad was a plumber, so for the second bathroom he installed a urinal. We had to renovate so it hadn't made a big difference.

But obviously you need more room for this and it doesn't replace a toilet so you would need both. I think that is the reason why we usually don't see them in apartments or houses.

Oh and I don't use the sink for that in my apartment.

Well, that's one way to avoid the "toilet seat" argument I guess.

Anyway, using a sink as a urinal I guess depends on where the sink is relative to your crotch - in most of the places I've lived the sinks have been set higher than is average for some reason (and I'm a bit taller than average myself), so using it as one isn't really that realistic for me.  I guess you could use a bathtub as a trough-style urinal though, or if you have a bidet (don't see them much in America but they're fairly common in Europe as far as I know, not sure about Asia), you can use that too.

14 hours ago, Piddly said:

So, hands up, I probably pee in the sink far, far more often than I do in the toilet.

Exactly the same here and for much the same reasons, ever since I got my PA piercing over twenty years ago and the stream became less predictable.  Allows giving my penis a quick wash every time which is good for hygiene too (and you never know when a woman might suddenly turn up unannounced and give a blowjob - well, I can dream) and also no drips after it's back in my trousers.  The exception is if I'm in my chastity belt in which case sitting is the only option.

I've thought about it before, it's kind of a nice height... just a bit of a concern that the drains might smell as sink plumbing isn't designed for use as a toilet?

Interesting thought as to why urinals aren't seen in houses. I guess you only really need them in multi-occupancy toilet facilities, if there's only one person using a bathroom at the time then I suppose you only need the toilet.

Guest Super C18

Well when it comes to Single Public Restrooms (or let it be called the "Family" Bathroom in most places) I have recently been peeing in both Trash Cans & the SINK. For the first time ever not that I only peed in the sink... I even masturbated/came in the sink... yeah I got horny apparently luckily it was an Easy Clean due to me carrying Germ X, Soap, Water, & PaperTowels/ToiletPaper for me to clean so no one would notice. 

On 6/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, nappypants said:

I've thought about it before, it's kind of a nice height... just a bit of a concern that the drains might smell as sink plumbing isn't designed for use as a toilet?

Interesting thought as to why urinals aren't seen in houses. I guess you only really need them in multi-occupancy toilet facilities, if there's only one person using a bathroom at the time then I suppose you only need the toilet.

It's basically only water.  Just run some water after it and it's all gone.  it's like peeing in the shower really....

1 hour ago, liesjeversteven said:

It's basically only water.  Just run some water after it and it's all gone.  it's like peeing in the shower really....

And sinks (in the UK anyway) drain to the same soil pipe and have a trap just the same as a toilet (only smaller) or urinal which relies on 'trapped' water to prevent foul air coming out, so as long as you run half a litre or so of water (you DO wash your hands afterwards) it's clear.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

Lol I’ve got to admit I’m guilty of this far more often than I should be and I don’t even have the excuse of it being more convenient 😆 I just like it. I dunno if it’s the challenge of it, or just the fact that it’s something different, but it feels naughty and fun. 

Interested how you manage the 'challenge'?  🙂

On 6/28/2021 at 12:30 AM, PrincessPeeach said:

Lol I’ve got to admit I’m guilty of this far more often than I should be and I don’t even have the excuse of it being more convenient 😆 I just like it. I dunno if it’s the challenge of it, or just the fact that it’s something different, but it feels naughty and fun. 

Agreed, it's a naughty fun way of having a pee with a super easy clean up so why not!

I have a biologically female body and I've also peed in the sink a few times, mostly just because it's fun and naughty but at least twice it has saved me from having an accident when someone else was on the toilet! 

I also like to pee in the shower and outside all the time, and a few times I have peed in public floor drains. Something about the uncommon location is so fun and naughty! 

21 hours ago, PrincessPeeach said:

Basically I have to sit on the counter 😆, which is why I only do this at home. Although I shouldn’t say that. My old work had a single stall bathroom with a single sink just attached to the wall. There was also conveniently a step stool in there. I had a lot of naughty fun in that bathroom after everyone else had left for the day. I always did a wipe down, but the cleaners also came in every night after we left….I miss that place 😩

You were naughty at work!

I always think it is such a waste of water peeing and having to flush the whole cistern. Very environmentally unfriendly. Mind you, the amount of loo I have seen some women use to wipe themselves after peeing would decimate a forest in no time!

21 minutes ago, Holdon said:

You were naughty at work!

I always think it is such a waste of water peeing and having to flush the whole cistern. Very environmentally unfriendly. Mind you, the amount of loo I have seen some women use to wipe themselves after peeing would decimate a forest in no time!

It's probably more about not wanting to smell ammonia in the air, but staying well-hydrated can help mitigate that I think.