Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Should they make wearing diapers at the theater a normal thing?

When theaters reopen, of course.

But while they do have bathrooms if you need them, and should definitely keep them whatever they do, I get the feeling a lot of people would be reluctant to miss something if they have to go during a movie. I ran to the bathroom once during Deadpool 2 and nearly missed Deadpool's revival, and I had to look at the "Times to Pee During Avengers: Endgame" since it was a 3-hour movie and I didn't want to miss the final fight at the end or undoing the Snap. (Which I can imagine got a lot of people really excited making it harder to hold it, but not wanting to miss anything)

Aside from really long movies, there's also jumpscares, sometimes near the end, like that one moment with a tiger (I think) in Zootopia, and when I saw that in theaters, I heard a girl (teenage or older based on her voice) say she peed her pants, though I didn't confirm it. Double so for horror movies.

Between both of those and how many wet seats there must have been as a result, I wonder if they should make it considered "normal" to wear diapers to the movie theater if you either really don't want to miss anything in a long movie or think you could potentially wet yourself from a jumpscare?

They probably won't, of course, we're in an age now where changes like this aren't made anymore and everything either stays the same or gets worse.

Of course if they did they'd also have to make it pretty clear which ones wouldn't leak. The only ones I could find when I was trying them out (didn't like quite as much as wetting pants, shorts, underwear, etc.) did leak so they wouldn't be any use there.

And I don't mean making it a requirement, of course, but that people could do it without being thought of as "disgusting" or "weird" by anyone outside of the omo community, just like peeing your wetsuit. (Again, probably won't. People are still free to do it, of course (or were when theaters were open), just had to keep it hidden from anyone who would be weirded out).

Theater-seat wetting occurs often enough that some IATSE manuals contain best practices for cleaning urine out of fabric.  (The manual I saw it in was from the late 1970s)  For theater workers it's part of the routine.  But I'm sure they'd prefer applying their efforts elsewhere.  Also, parents retrieving theater-going teens would rather not have soaked derrieres sitting on automobile upholstery.

The same reasoning applies for long and/or scary sleep-over videos.  Presumably, after a movie some people would rather not show the their soaked derrieres -- revealing their failure to prepare.

So asking diaper manufacturers to advertise additional diaper-wearing situations would likely increase teen usage.  Adults embarrassed by conspicuous wet clothing when teens were prepared would get on board.

47 minutes ago, Alex62 said:

I mean if you want to go ahead. It's already normal enough to buy them in stores. No need to let anyone know you are wearing. 

It's just that when I was trying to buy them to try them out I hesitated for like an hour, and took great effort to avoid being seen with them, and even then the ones I got wouldn't hold a full wetting, they leaked, I don't know if what I was looking for are even in stores where I live. And plus they take up some space too so if you live with someone they'd be difficult to hide.

3 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

It's just that when I was trying to buy them to try them out I hesitated for like an hour, and took great effort to avoid being seen with them, and even then the ones I got wouldn't hold a full wetting, they leaked, I don't know if what I was looking for are even in stores where I live. And plus they take up some space too so if you live with someone they'd be difficult to hide.

All this is very true. You will hesitate when you buy them always as in every ones mind it's wrong. Even in ours. We may enjoy it but all our life we have been “programed” its wrong. 

Most diapers do leak. I never worn any so I'm not really sure which do and don't, I just know from reading online. The only way to avoid leaking is for practice. Even if I could say which don't, only you know what truly fits.

They will be difficult to kid but unfortunately that's what comes with this kink. Not much you can do but try to hide them the best you can. 

3 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

You’ll rarely get anything decent off the shelf, that seems to go for most countries… buy online, there’s always click and collect if there are issues with people you live with seeing your parcels.

This seems like a good idea, even setting the kink aside; the "don't wanna miss anything" factor is always there when you can't pause the movie and diapers would allow not missing anything while also not causing wet movie theater seats.

As for actually normalizing it? I doubt anybody would openly talk about it enough for it to just become a normal thing. However, I do think if somebody asked and you explained why, you might get a reaction of "weird, but understandable." I do think diaper manufacturers would benefit from marketing their products in this way, though (bringing in customers who wouldn't otherwise buy their product and all)

I'm at the point where I could do it if I wanted to and could get my hands on them, but even as ordering them online goes I could still have my credit card, ebay/Amazon history, etc. traced to it, and plus I don't know what can actually hold a full wetting after the last ones I got. They're just too hard to get. I know others here have done it without much trouble but I'm just really afraid of someone I know IRL finding out. And if people could do what I described without getting any disgust or ridicule from anyone who finds out, even if it ends wet...

17 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I'm at the point where I could do it if I wanted to and could get my hands on them, but even as ordering them online goes I could still have my credit card, ebay/Amazon history, etc. traced to it, and plus I don't know what can actually hold a full wetting after the last ones I got. They're just too hard to get. I know others here have done it without much trouble but I'm just really afraid of someone I know IRL finding out. And if people could do what I described without getting any disgust or ridicule from anyone who finds out, even if it ends wet...

Your biggest problem might be the fact you have a person/people in your life who are likely to look at your credit card/Ebay/Amazon history…

Most sellers will use discreet billing names. And there’s always the option of a private second account.

1 hour ago, nappypants said:

Your biggest problem might be the fact you have a person/people in your life who are likely to look at your credit card/Ebay/Amazon history…

Most sellers will use discreet billing names. And there’s always the option of a private second account.

There is always the chance they'll see it if I need their help with something related to them (though this hasn't been the case in a long time, I still want to take no chances). And if I order something on Amazon it will be in that history permanently, and probably recommend similar stuff. If I can make a second account with the same email address it might work, or figure out how to make a second email address for it.

1 hour ago, PrincessPeeach said:

It sounds like you’re just an extremely cautious person. So even if ‘they’ (whoever they are 😉) made diaper wearing a relatively acceptable thing at the movies, I have a hunch you’d still feel uncomfortable with it, lest someone think maybe you were actually enjoying it..   

That is a good point, since I already have the fetish and I'm really shy about this kind of thing IRL.

"They" would be whoever decides what's proper and what gets disgust and/or ridicule, and also whoever markets the products, if they were just easier to get and it was no big deal for people to be seen getting them or having them in their home for such events. (Plus it would make enjoying them for fetish reasons easier)

Of course whether or not they do still a moot point as long as this pandemic is going on.

9 minutes ago, RonCloud said:

I think it wouldn't be that big of an issue if you went with someone who was also wearing, at least for me. Most of my movie trips involve a meal, hanging out, getting dessert after, and of course, the movie. Of course if my "date" started to get handsy, it could be awkward if they weren't expecting it. 

Yeah, definitely not advisable if it’s a “date” with someone unaware, unless perhaps you are a 24/7 wearer which is something you’d need to address with them pretty quickly if it progresses.

If it’s a situation with people who would never be likely to need to know, and you’re discreet about it, probably not an issue (though maybe consider the implications if they did find out, just as you would when making the decision to wear around any family/friends/work colleagues etc.)

4 minutes ago, China Girl said:

...you can already do this? I go diapered in public all the time and no one stops me. Granted if you're a guy and not allowed to wear skirts/dresses then hiding a diaper is admittedly a bit more difficult. I'd feel a bit awkward squeezing a diaper under tight jeans, LOL.

No need to wear tight jeans, especially if you’re over 30…

In fact, men can wear women’s jeans to give a little bit more room for a nappy.