Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What Is More Frustrating, No Toilets at All or an Impossibly Long Line?

I sort of brought this up in my status update but I thought it would be a good topic for the main board where someone brought up the fact that they were going to attend an event where there would be toilets available but that the lines would probably be impossibly long and that made me think of my own situation where I often don't have a toilet.

I thought of this one situation where I was at work and we actually did have a toilet on that particular occasion and there was a bit of a line. I remember that I got on a line but then my coworkers needed me so I had to get off of the line to go do something, but then I was able to go back and luckily relieve myself. Again it was a relatively minor line but that got me kind of thinking about a worse scenario.

The way I see it if there are no toilets available at all everybody is stuck in the same situation, so it's not like you can do anything about it, so that's probably easier to deal with. But a more frustrating situation is let's say you were in a situation where there were toilets available but you didn't have time to wait in the impossibly long line to use them. Maybe you keep trying to get in line but then you keep getting interrupted and having to leave the line and you basically see all of these other women getting to use the bathroom, and you are just trying to desperately find time to get to the bathroom, but every time the line ends up being too long and you have to leave the line.

So my question is what would you find more frustrating, simply having no toilets, or being in a situation where there were toilets there but because of the length of the line you simply didn't have time to wait in line in order to use them? To me the fact that there are toilets but a woefully inadequate amount makes it more terrible because some people are getting to go and others aren't, and there is competition to get to relieve yourself, where as if there are no toilets it still sucks but at least you don't have toilet adversaries that you have to face!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe with no toilets at all, you are kinda forced to hold it, until you got home or until you reach the middle of Sahara's desert so no fucking one can see you doing "business". With toilets avaialab

@rebeljaffa "If I'm treating a place like it has no bathroom, I'm better. When I'm thinking that I could use it, but then I can't, I find it much more difficult." I think that is part of the

Maybe with no toilets at all, you are kinda forced to hold it, until you got home or until you reach the middle of Sahara's desert so no fucking one can see you doing "business". With toilets avaialable but with extremely long queues... it's fucking for this that I got my very first accident. I did some of the queue, then I had to leave cause reason, then I found another bathroom with extremely long queue and i didn't make in time and THIS IS THE WORST FEELING EVER.

Edited by Mystic007 (see edit history)

I think a long line would be WAYY worse! Like if there were no bathrooms I would know not to drink anything and be alert about it. Then like you said everybody is in the same situation we can also share in the misery so to speak.

With a long line, I would not be planning on not drinking so I might get into a situation where I need to pee BAD. Then if its long and bad enough some might be cutting in line and make it worse for everyone.

So far it seems most feel that the line is worse than no bathroom at all and I think that maybe it has something to do with people not wanting to have to share an inadequate number of bathrooms, because when there is not enough to go around you start to feel a lot of tension between the other people that you have to compete with for bathroom access. More conflict than when you all have to go without completely.

@LizJWetting

I have been in that situation and I particularly remember this one specific time where I was at the opening of a baseball stadium. I was never much of a sports fan but me and my cousin and some of our friends got dragged to going to it. Unfortunately I had to go to the bathroom just when everybody was getting up at half time and everything like that. The men's room didn't have much of a line at all but of course the ladies room line was just gargantuan, so my guy friends just said you know what why don't we just go look for another bathroom where there isn't a line. So of course then we start leisurely looking around because they were in no rush themselves, we walk around the entire stadium probably taking like a half hour or something like that only to find that there are no other bathrooms and then we come back to the original only bathroom and the line is even longer and if I had just waited on that line I probably would have gotten to go to the bathroom by then.

So yes I do agree that the line can be more frustrating. Like I said when there's no bathroom there's nothing you can do about that, but when you know that there is a bathroom but that there is an entire horde of people in front of you blocking you from getting to the relief right away and you have to wait impatiently for all of those people to use it you kind of get annoyed at those people ahead of you that you have to share the bathroom with.

@April Nine

"I feel like a line makes me frustrated but no bathroom makes me anxious. When theres a slow moving line you see the finish but it takes forever to get there but when there is no bathroom I feel like I'm actually going to wet myself since I don't see the finish line."

I would always prefer a bathroom to be available even if I had to wait a while for it, but if it was a situation where the wait was so long that I didn't have time to wait for it simply having the bathroom there but knowing that I wouldn't be able to use it would just make it more frustrating, because I would see other people in line for the bathroom getting to go eventually, and I would be frustrated that there is a toilet right there but I couldn't just run in quickly and use it.

@SoBursting

I think one of the frustrating things about waiting in line is the fact that your relief is dependent upon others, and them taking a long time before you delays your relief, and yet you are supposed to wait there patiently, going back to my other thread about women being patient about waiting for the bathroom. It's like there could be other bathrooms there but you have to wait for all the other women to use it before you can get your relief, and it makes you kind of aggravated at the people ahead of you. And yet at the same time once it's your turn you don't really give a damn about the people behind you in line!

@DesperateJill

as a male, who isn’t used to waiting in public longer than I would do normally, as access to bathrooms is there if needed, the danger of waiting longer in a line and not knowing your limit in that situation is concerning, desperate visible pee holding techniques may have to be engaged, embarrassing, followed by the enevitable thoughts of what if I can’t wait till my turn?

In response to your suggestion that women just have to wait and it makes you aggravated to have to wait for your relief, suggesting women can wait if they have too, men can wait too but when not used to having to wait is a concern at the time, some can’t wait,

theres a u tube video of a guys line at a baseball game when just in the men’s door a guy in line cant wait and uses a trash can in the men’s,

i have heard of a night club that’s so busy in the women’s they use the sinks to pee into as they can’t wait they’re turn, this practice had become the norm, I wonder who was first to break the social code and not wait their turn out of sheer desperation,

just saying taking to the next level a solution must be found if waiting in line is too long for some, is this a new conversation ?

@SoBursting

That kind of goes along with what I was saying in my women's patient waiting for the bathroom thread, when men don't have a bathroom they usually tend to resort to other means, where as it takes more extreme situations before women start breaking free of the bathroom line like that. Personally I never seen anybody peeing in the sink before but then I don't really go to sports games I suppose in general. Really the only time I ever did was that time when I got dragged to the baseball stadium as I mentioned in my earlier post, and I didn't even really want to go to that LOL.

8 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@SoBursting

That kind of goes along with what I was saying in my women's patient waiting for the bathroom thread, when men don't have a bathroom they usually tend to resort to other means, where as it takes more extreme situations before women start breaking free of the bathroom line like that. Personally I never seen anybody peeing in the sink before but then I don't really go to sports games I suppose in general. Really the only time I ever did was that time when I got dragged to the baseball stadium as I mentioned in my earlier post, and I didn't even really want to go to that LOL.

Yea it was the women’s toilet in the night club that they were peeing in the sinks, (wash hand basins) but this was in the 80’s Im referring to so sorry for any miscommunication this was way back, before legislation improved, I’d imagine only 12 or so toilets for say 500 women On a Saturday night, what’s the rules today?

@liesjeversteven

I suppose that's actually not an unreasonable amount because I guess when you get down to it that amounts to maybe one toilet per 50 people, which I guess would actually be that bad as long as not everybody is going at the same time, but in a night club where people are drinking I suppose that could be a problem. But yeah I suppose that's not as bad as it initially sounds when you do the math.

At least it is better than the situation in my high school where they had five toilets for about 750 girls amounting to one per every 150 girls, but in high school it seemed like I there was never time to use the bathroom, so it was still pretty bad, but I suppose the night club has about three times as many toilets per person as my high school did, which would be a significant improvement! I mean I would have taken one toilet for every 50 girls over one for every 150 like it was in high school!

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@SoBursting

I don't really go to nightclubs but 12 toilets for 500 women wouldn't surprise me in the least bit even today.

Those figures are a guess, the main point is women were peeing in the sinks because they couldn’t wait for a cubicle so the lines must have been long and slow, the story on this is i was at the nightclub with an ex and next day she mentioned this to her mother who said that’s disgusting, the ex replied what would you do if you needed so bad you couldn’t wait, the mother said she would rather wet herself than use the sink, I don’t know if the ex peed in the sink or witnessed it as she waited her turn, nightclub was north England 1980’s,

@SoBursting

I know that my family would find the idea of me peeing in the sink really disgusting, even more disgusting than the idea of me using public toilets! But yeah I think that you have a good point that in this situation like that I probably would just continue holding it until I wet myself, although I would probably bust a kidney before I allowed myself to do that either. In a situation like that if I were truly truly in dire need I might resort to begging somebody to go ahead of them, luckily I have never gotten that bad so far, even though I have been extremely bursting for while in line.

@Ms. Tito
I can see your point about that because when there is a toilet available people expect you to wait for it, people are probably more forgiving of people just peeing anywhere when there is no other option. That is why sometimes for women I think that there is that obligation to feel that they have to wait in line simply because that is the "civilized" thing to do and I can say that I am definitely no different in that regards.

17 hours ago, SoBursting said:

Those figures are a guess, the main point is women were peeing in the sinks because they couldn’t wait for a cubicle so the lines must have been long and slow, the story on this is i was at the nightclub with an ex and next day she mentioned this to her mother who said that’s disgusting, the ex replied what would you do if you needed so bad you couldn’t wait, the mother said she would rather wet herself than use the sink, I don’t know if the ex peed in the sink or witnessed it as she waited her turn, nightclub was north England 1980’s,

Always intrigued  when I hear of a woman saying she would rather wet herself than use a public toilet or take an emergency squat somewhere. I often wonder how they would actually react if they ended up in a situation where they were so desperate that they had to make the choice.