Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do Your Pets Watch You in the Bathroom?

This is just something I am wondering because often when I am upstairs and I go to sit on the toilet the cat will come into the bathroom and he will start getting in all types of mischief, just like he knows because I can't just get up and chase him. And sometimes he will sit there and he will stare up at me while I am using the bathroom as I pet him and everything like that. I don't think the cats have a pee fetish but I do kind of wonder if anybody else's animals do this, they follow you into the bathroom when they sort of watch you and spend time with you while you are in the bathroom.

@liesjeversteven

"My cat jumps on my lap and wants to get petted when I'm taking a n°2"

That's cute, mine doesn't jump on my lap while I am on the toilet but if I am sitting there taking a dump I will end up indulging my cat and petting him, I mean it's not the same as though a human being were doing that, so I'm not as self-conscious on the toilet around my cats as I would be with people! And I figure I'm not going anywhere or doing anything else, so I might as well give some pleasure to my pussy ;).

I... Actually get pee-shy if our cat is in the restroom when I'm trying to use it, if she's there I have to put her on the other side of the door. My partner thinks it's hilarious. 

Although, I think my anxiety there is less about her watching me go, and more about her rubbing up against me or climbing my leg and screwing up my aim. That did happen once, and was a bit of a mess. I did think it was pretty funny after I'd cleaned up the floor though.

Yes, partly because my cat just likes being around me in general, and partly because he taught himself how - and finds it fun - to open doors (if it has a level-type handle)...and when he can't (either because it has a round knob or it's locked), he starts meowing at me to let him in and pawing at the door until I do.

My cat does it to people on the rare occasion- I remember hearing that it’s apparently a sign of trust like when they stare at you when they’re going to the toilet, like they’re trying to protect you. I don’t know how much I believe the latter part when they start pawing your legs and wanting pet but hey ho