Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Looking for bed wetting stories.

I have one that I published ages ago, but I don't remember where.  Good news is, I still have the file 😄

I've been working on and off on a rewrite, and on a sequel and prequel, but my muse hasn't been with me consistently.

Chapter 1
25 June 2006

Lara lived in the basement of her parents' home in Painesville, Ohio.  She'd lived there all her life, so far, save for four years at University, but now, at the age of 24, having graduated from University near Rochester, New York, she had been starting to think about getting out of there, but not too hard.  Melinda, her older sister and only sibling, had moved out a few years earlier, so her parents had not been pushing particularly hard for her to depart, fearing empty nest syndrome.

Lara was a petite woman, about 160cm tall and maybe weighing 50 kilos soaking wet.  She had long, straight blonde hair, big brown eyes, and an enchanting smile.  She wasn't overly endowed in the chest, but in very good shape, well-toned muscles, and very limber.

She had a steady boyfriend, Roger, whom she'd been dating for over a year now, a local boy, not someone from University.  The plan for the moment was that she would stay where she was for the time being, and that they would move in together sometime in the next year or so.  For now, she had the entire basement to herself and her cat, essentially having the benefit of an apartment, without the complication of rent.  Her parents generally respected her privacy, and because they liked Roger, his frequent visits were usually left uninterrupted.

One night when Lara was on her own, her cell phone rang.  It was her friend, Arianne.

"Hey, sweetie, what's up?"  Lara called everyone sweetie.  Lara was herself a real sweetheart, a true friend to anyone, a problem solver, and a total nympho.  She was also the person that people -- both genders -- turned to when they were having relationship problems, and right now was Arianne's turn.

Arianne was sobbing on the other end of the phone.  "It's David.  He just told me to get the fuck out."

"He told YOU that?  It's your apartment!"

"I know, and he knows, too, but he's really pissed off.  Right now he's run out to God only knows where, and I need a friend!"

"Do you want me to swing by?" Lara asked.

"Would you mind, please?" whimpered Arianne.

"I'll be right over."

Lara flipped her phone closed and looked at the clock.  7:00 PM.  She wandered up the stairs into the kitchen, where her mom was loading the dishwasher.  "I'm going over to Ari's place.... she's having problems with David again.  I think it sounds terminal."

"Okay, dear," her mom said, "Drive carefully, let me know if you need anything.  Ari's a sweet girl, so let her know that I'm here for her, too."  

"I know, Mom."  

Lara got into her truck and drove over to Arianne's.  Ari met her at the door, with tears streaking down her face.  "Come in," she sobbed.

Where Lara was petite, Arianne was doubly so.  She stood a mere 148cm, and weighed in well under 50 kilos.  She had long, curly locks of brown hair, a shy manner, and her normally bright blue eyes were now swollen and red.

"Thank you for coming over," she sobbed.  I've got to get away for a bit.  I've got to just get this shit behind me and go away."

"I'm sure my folks wouldn't mind if you crashed at our place," Lara offered.

"Thanks, but I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why not?"

Arianne just sobbed some more.  It looked like there was something she wanted to say, some deep, dark secret that she thought Lara should know, but that she just couldn't bring herself to say.

"Aww, sweetie, you know you can tell me anything."

She could.  Lara was the best confidante a person could want.  She also had a manner about her that could extract even the deepest, darkest secret out of anyone.  Finally, Arianne gave in.

"I wet the bed," Arianne finally confessed.

"Is that all?" Lara said, putting Arianne at ease, "Listen, honey, it's okay.  It happens to everyone once in a while."

"Three to four times a week, ever since I was 13," Arianne added.

"Awww, Ari, I'm so sorry."

"It's why David and I are fighting.  He's so tired of it," she continued, "and it gets worse.  I gush like a water fountain whenever I have sex."

"Oh!" Lara said, with the kernel of an idea forming in her brain.

"See why I'm in the shit?  What the fuck am I supposed to do?" Arianne begged her friend.

"It's okay, sweetie.  We can get you through this.  You need a vacation."

"I know," Arianne squeaked, "but I can't do that, even."

"Got any vacation time at work?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay.  Let me talk to someone I know about setting up a trip."

"Who?"

"Can't say just now.  Let me set it up and take it from there.  Listen, you can still crash at our place if you want.  We'll figure out a way to deal with it."

Arianne looked around at her apartment.  "You're right, I need to get out of here for a little while."  She walked into another room and rustled around a bit.  A moment later, she emerged with a backpack strapped to her back and a waterproof bed cover folded up in her arms.  She went into the kitchen and pulled a paper bag out of a cupboard and put the cover in the bag.

"Let's go," she said to Lara, starting to cheer up.

Arianne shut off the lights, locked the door, and they left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2

Lara called home as she started driving to let her mom know that Ari would be staying with her for a day or two, just until she got her calm back.

They pulled in and headed down to the basement at Lara's.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me," Arianne said.

"What are friends for?" asked Lara, as she started fishing around in a small refrigerator for something to drink.

"So who is this friend of yours?"

"Oh, it's just someone who lives out of town.  Let me talk to him first, and see if he is up for a visit.  Here," Lara said, handing Arianne a wine cooler, "want one?"

"Thanks.  Him?"

"Yeah, it's a guy I used to know when I was in Rochester.  He thinks a lot like me.  I think he'll be able to put us up and help you get away and forget David."

"You're not setting me up with him, are you?"

"You're done with David, aren't you?" she said, then, in a scolding tone, “You'd better say yes."

"Well, yeah, I guess so."

"So what's the problem?"

"Lara, I'm a fucking bedwetter!"

"Trust me, it won't be a problem with this guy."

Arianne sighed.  "I just don't know.  Yes, I need to get away, but... THIS," she gestured at the bag with the waterproof cover, "this always gets in my way."

"Alright, sweetie, but listen, he gets off on that sort of thing."

"What?"

"Ever hear of water sports?"

"You mean like, water skiing?"

"No, like a sexual freak."

"No."

"Trust me, you find a guy who likes water sports, you will be perfect for him.  This guy likes water sports  Besides, he lives far enough away that if this doesn't work out, you can walk away from each other and forget whatever happens."

Arianne took a sip of her wine cooler and sighed.  "I guess," she finally said.  

"Cool.  Let me give him a call.  By the way, you got a passport?"

"Yeah.... just how far away does this guy live?"

"Toronto."

"Oh good.  I was afraid we'd have to fly.  I just can't afford that."

"Nah, I'll drive."

"Thanks for being such a good friend," Arianne said, and with that, they began preparing Melinda's old room for Arianne.

Chapter 3
26 June 2006

Chuck's phone was ringing.  He picked it up to hear the voice of his best friend, Lara, coming to him from Ohio.

"Hey, cutie!" she said.  

She always called him that.  They'd been friends since their first year of University in Rochester.  They had never really tried at a relationship, because whenever he'd been single, she wasn't, and vice-versa.  There was one brief time when they were both single at the same time, and while they didn't really establish a relationship as such, they did fuck a lot.  

In the year or so since they got out of University, they'd visited each other in their respective hometowns, but strictly as friends since she had met Roger.  That was okay, though, because her company was still worth the trip.  Lara was now planning another one of these trips.

"Listen, cutie, Roger and I were looking to get away for a while.  Mind if we come up there for a visit?" she asked.  Chuck sensed that Lara was up to something, but he wasn't sure just what yet.  

"Not at all," Chuck answered, flirtatiously, "When have I ever passed up an opportunity to see your beautiful face?"

"Never that I can remember.  Listen, though, there's something else."

"What's that?"

"Well, do you remember meeting my friend Arianne?"

Did he ever.  The last time he was in Ohio, he had met Arianne briefly and couldn't keep his eyes off of her.  Unfortunately, she was attached at the time.

"Yeah, I remember her."

"Well, listen, she's just had a really, really bad breakup and needs to get away.  This is kind of an odd thing, I know, but... um... can she sleep with you?"

Chuck was silent for a moment as the question crowbarred its way through his cranium.  

"Are you okay?" Lara asked.

"Uh, ya," Chuck stammered.  "You're right, that is an odd thing.  You sure she wants to?"

"Well, she needs to get laid," Lara said, "She and her ex haven't done anything but fight for way too long."

Chuck thought for a moment.  "Well," he said, "I suppose so, if you're really sure.  It's not like I couldn't do with a bedtime partner, It's just kind of an odd request coming from a third party."

"Yeah, I know, but I think you two are going to be a good match.  We'll be up there this weekend."  

“Okay.”  Chuck still felt there was something odd going on, something Lara wasn't telling him, but he trusted her for some reason.  He glanced at the calendar on the wall.  "Oh, this'll be a good weekend!  Saturday is Canada day.  There'll be lots to do."

"Even better.  We'll see you then."

Chuck set about cleaning house and stocking up the fridge with food and beer in anticipation of their arrival.

Chapter 4

Arianne and Lara set about discussing Ari's problems.  Lara took some time to convince Ari that she didn't need David.

"Okay," Ari finally said, "you're right.  He can't accept me the way I am.  He gets upset when I wet the bed, and he gets upset when I piss on him when we're having sex.  And he won't bring me off, just so that I don't piss on him."

"It's okay.  Like I said, this guy Chuck likes it.  I've done him a couple of times -"

"Big surprise," Ari interrupted.

Lara just shot Ari a dirty look, then continued, "anyway, one of those times, he asked me to piss my panties, and I just thought that was weird, but when I finally broke down and did it, he got so turned on."

"You pissed your panties on purpose?"

"Yeah.  Sounds weird, doesn't it?  I haven't even thought about it since the last time we fucked, but yeah."

"Wow.  I've never even thought about doing that."

"Well, listen, are you skeeved out by the thought of it?"

"No, not really.  I mean, I wake up wet half the time anyway, so I'm kind of used to that part."

"Well, look, then.  Let's do this.  Why don't you hold it starting now, and when you feel like you have to piss, see if you can just do it in your panties."

"I guess I could give it a try," Ari said, "It just seems kind of weird"

"Yeah, I thought so too, but if you want to meet a guy who won't get pissed off at you for getting pissed on by you, this will help."

Some time passed, Lara and Ari talking through the problems, and drinking, and getting a buzz on, and finally Ari sauntered off towards Lara's bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Lara asked.

"Bathroom," Ari answered.

"No, just stand over there on the linoleum and let it go."

Ari realised at that moment that Lara was serious about this, and shot a pleading look back at her friend.

"I'm serious," Lara said, "If you can pull this off, you'll have a lot of fun this weekend."

Ari was too buzzed to reason.  She went over to the section of the room past the carpet and stood there for a moment.  "So what do I do?" she asked.

"Pee your pants, of course.  Look, will it make it any easier for you if I do it with you?"

Lara got up without waiting for an answer and walked over to where Ari was standing and looked Ari straight in the eyes.  A moment later, there was a spattering sound.  Ari looked down to see that there was a waterfall coming from the crotch of Lara's shorts and spattering on the floor below.

"Okay, I'll try," Ari said.  She closed her eyes for a moment, and the spattering noise doubled as Ari wet her shorts.

"How do you feel?" Lara asked.

"Wet," was Ari's reply.  "Nothing unusual there, but this time it feels kind of naughty."

"Of course it does," said Lara, "You just did that on purpose.  We just broke the first rule we were ever taught."

"So now what?"

"Well," Lara said, "Why don't you go get ready for bed, and I'll go get a mop.  You've had a hard day."

Arianne thanked her friend and headed off to Melinda's old room, and Lara got a mop and cleaned up the puddle they had made before turning in herself.

Chapter 5

27 June 2006

Arianne woke up the next morning, and took a moment to recognise her surroundings.  She realised with dread that she was soaking wet, and then remembered that she had put her waterproof cover on the bed she was in.  

Still, she was a little bit off-balance from the situation.  She had put her absolute trust in her friend Lara, and was really hoping she hadn't made a mistake in doing so.

She got up pulled some clean clothes from her bag and headed to the bathroom to shower and change.  She came back from the bathroom and blushed mightily to find that Lara was there, pulling the sheets off the bed.  Lara smiled sweetly when Ari entered the room and told her not to worry, that everything was going to be alright.

"Besides," Lara said, "You're going to do it again tonight, so what does it matter?"

"What do you mean?" Ari asked, "it only happens like once every other night or so."

"Well," Lara said, "tonight, I want you to stay here again.  Get a second cover, though."

"Alright, I guess.  Listen, my car is still at my place, can you give me a lift home so I can get it?"

"Of course.  Listen, I have the day off from work.  How about you?"

"Yeah, I kind of told my boss I'd be out for a bit because of problems at home."

"Alright.  Let's go to your place and get some more things you'll need.... If you want, you can just stay here until we go up North."

"Yeah," Ari answered, "that might not be a bad idea.  It'll be good for me, no doubt."

"No doubt."

Ari and Lara hung out for the rest of the day, stopping briefly at Ari's place to retrieve some of her belongings.... another mattress cover, passport, extra clothes, some things to wear in Toronto, and so on.  Then, they went shopping.

Chapter 6

Lara and Arianne got back around dinner time, ate, and returned to the sanctuary of the basement.  

During the day, they'd gone shopping for things Arianne might need in Toronto: diapers, in case Chuck wasn't as helpful as expected, lingerie, in case he was, and so on.

Lara had kind of coached Ari on what Chuck liked.  She had bought three or four different things, but the really cool items were a maroon cami-tap set and a kelly green camisole with matched panties, both of which fit Ari like a glove, something Lara was never quite able to pull off.  Lara was mildly jealous of this.

As the night wore on, Lara declared that it was time for Ari to take the next step.

"What do I need to do?" Ari asked.

"Well, last night, you wet your shorts.  Tonight, I want to have you try to wet the bed."

"I don't need to try that."

"No, you need to try it to do it while you are awake."

"I think I might be able to...."

"Well, try it tonight.  Instead of going to the bathroom before you go to bed, just go straight to bed and let it all out.  Seriously.  Try it.  You might even like it."

"Well, alright, then, I'll try."

Ari let all of these thoughts tumble through her head as she was getting ready for bed.  Certainly, the sensation of being in a wet bed was nothing new to her.  She was able to sleep right through, waking up several hours after she'd wet herself, and even then it would take a moment to realise that she was wet.  Clearly, then, she was comfortable in a wet bed.

She'd never liked diapers, and never wore them.  They made her feel like too much of a cripple, and since waking up wet didn't bother her, she didn't bother with them.

She had even wet the bed wide awake many times, though always accompanied by an orgasm, which, in turn, had been the cause.  She didn't know the exact relationship, but she loved cumming (who doesn't?) and was never bothered by the mess that she made whenever she did.

Even when masturbating, she would wet when she came.  Since she had done that in bed many times, she could almost convince herself that she'd wet the bed on purpose before.  "Yeah," she thought to herself, "I've done this before."

But tonight, she wouldn't masturbate her way into it.  Tonight, she was going to wet the bed for the sake of wetting the bed.  Then, maybe, if she wanted, she might masturbate.  The idea was starting to turn her on.

She switched off the light and climbed into bed.  She realised that she was starting to get a little hot.  She didn't rightly know why.  

She realised that she was about to do something very naughty, and maybe that was why she was getting turned on.  She was about to do something that she did a lot, but never on purpose.  As such, she'd never actually broken the "first rule" before.  Not until the night before, when she and Lara peed their shorts together.  

She realised that she had started to finger herself through her panties, and made herself stop.  "No," she thought to herself, "not until after."  

She started to feel her stomach get tight and her heart race.  "Alright," she said to herself quietly, "here we go.... now!"

Nothing happened.

"Okay..... now!"

Again, nothing.

"Okay, on three.  One, Two, Three!"

Her muscles tightened up a tad, but nothing happened.

"Okay, maybe I'm not ready yet," she thought, "let me think about this for a moment."

Her body relaxed as she started to think about this event as not being imminent.  The butterflies eased, her heart slowed down a little.  She thought about a dream she'd had, where she'd woken up wet.  In the dream, she had been sitting on a toilet, peeing.  

Her mind a little relaxed, she caught herself off guard and said "Now."  Her body tensed again, but differently this time, and the first few dribbles began to escape from her.  

She held the tension.  The dribbles turned to a squirt, the squirt to a stream, the stream to a gush.  Before she knew it, she was pissing her panties with all her might.

The sensation of warmth that came with this was astonishing to her.  A warm feeling, originating at her pussy, worked its way down between her legs and spread out under her bum.  "Oh, God, that feels fantastic" she thought to herself as she began fingering herself through the fabric of her panties that was now clinging to her pussy lips.

She jammed the crotch of her panties into her pussy and fingered herself until she got off.  Much to her surprise, another gush of piss sprayed into her panties for a good ten seconds as she got off.  

"Oh God, that felt sensational" she said to herself, in a fog of post-orgasmic bliss.

Chapter 7

Chuck was sleepless.  An couple of hours had passed since he pulled on his favourite pair of running shorts and climbed into bed.  His mind was spinning with thoughts of his friend Lara and her upcoming visit.  He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she was bringing along someone for him.  

He stopped to think about what he knew of Arianne.  Not much, really.  When he'd met her on his last trip to Painesville, she was with some guy named Doug.  Or was it Dave?  He couldn't remember, but it didn't matter at the time.  He thought she was really, really cute, but it didn't matter, because she wasn't available.  

But now she was.  Lara being who she is, Chuck knew that she thought the best solution to every problem was for everyone to have more sex.  Surely, as Lara's friend, Arianne knew this, too.  But why had she picked him, Chuck wondered.

Chuck started to picture Arianne in his mind, and started undressing her in his thoughts.  This wasn't hard, as it turned out, because when they had met, they were having a pool party at Lara's folks' place.  Ari had worn a little black bikini that, without being trashy, had left very little to the imagination.  She was really, really cute.

He remembered that she was particularly fit, too.  Much like Lara, she had nicely toned muscles, he remembered, and he seemed to remember hearing something about her hiking in the mountains in southwestern New York every chance she got.

With the picture of Ari in that cute little black bikini fully withdrawn from his spank bank, Chuck started to picture how she might look in a sexy nightie.  Then he played his trump card: he pictured her wetting herself uncontrollably in a sexy little nightie.  

He started to rub himself though the flimsy fabric of his running shorts.  As the fantasy played out in his mind, he imagined that it had gotten to his turn.  His muscles tensed up a little as he began to piss in his shorts.  They almost instantly got mercilessly soaked as he reveled in the sensation of his piss running down along the waistband of his shorts, and rolling down between his legs, tickling his balls.  He felt the warmth build under his bum as the sheets beneath him became soaked.  

He turned up the pressure and continued to pee in his shorts, of which there was now not a single dry fibre.  The wet spot on his bed grew until it reached halfway up his back, and he was empty.

He started to rub himself through the sodden fabric of his running shorts.  A minute later, with a final, mighty stroke, he added a dozen squirts of cum to the pee that so thoroughly soaked his shorts and bedsheets, and immediately fell straight asleep.

Chapter 8

Arianne was soaking in her post-orgasmic bliss and urine.  As her thoughts began to coalesce, she finally decided to get up and dry off.  She turned on the light and threw off the covers to see a huge wet spot that had formed under her.  Her blue cotton panties had a big wet spot that began near the crotch and no doubt had run all along the back.  

But she didn't feel stressed.  This part was new.  Even so, she startled slightly when Lara knocked on the door.

"What?" she yelled at the door.

"Can I come in?" Lara called back.

Arianne thought about this for a second.  Lara knew what was going on, and Ari knew she knew it.  Ari took a deep breath.  "I..  I guess so." she finally said.  

Lara gently opened the door and looked at Arianne, still sitting in her wet mess.  "How do you feel?" she asked.

"Strange," Ari answered.  "I don't understand it.  I've never done this before, and anytime I've peed my bed before, I've felt stressed.  I don't feel that now.  What happened?"

"You were allowed to be yourself for a change" was Lara's answer, "there isn't anybody who is going to get mad at you, yell at you or whatever.  Who cares if you're wet?"

Arianne blushed at the last part, and got out of bed.  "I guess I should go get cleaned up," she said.

"Go ahead and take a warm shower, and I'll get your bed re-made."

Arianne picked out a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom to shower.  When she wandered back out, she found Lara sitting in the central area of the basement watching TV.  Ari wandered back into her room for a moment to put down her wet clothes, then wandered back out to talk to her friend.

"How did you know this would help?" she asked.

"I don't know," Lara answered, "I just did.  I have good instincts, I guess."

"You aren't getting weird on me, are you?"

"No, I'm just trying to support a friend.  There's nothing weird about that."

"Good.  If I found out you were hot for me, I don't think I could take it."

Lara blushed a little at the idea.  "Don't worry, sweetie, I just want what's best for you, as a friend, and nothing more."

Ari breathed a sigh of relief.  

After a brief silence, she spoke again.  "So, this friend of yours, Chuck, what's he like?"

"What do you want to know?"

"What's he do?  What does he like?"

"Oh, well, he's a professional computer geek.  He grew up in Kitchener, and went to RIT with me.  He got hired into some sort of high-paying job at a software company in Toronto almost right out of college.  Really sharp guy."

"Problem is, he has a problem keeping girlfriends, because he's into pee games.  A lot of girls get skeeved out by it."

"How come you two never hooked up?"

"Oh, we fucked, don't get me wrong, but he and I are better off friends than lovers.  I didn't mind pissing my panties for him once in a while, but it's not really my thing."

"Oh.  I guess that's where I come in?"

"Yeah, I figured that Toronto's far enough away that if you two don't hit it off, you can write the whole experience off and never have to see each other again."

"I think he sounds a little familiar.  Have I ever met him?"

"Yeah, I think I introduced you to him once.  You had just hooked up with David at the time, though, so I don't think you were all there.  It was that time last summer when we had the pool party here.  I noticed he couldn't take his eyes off you."

"Why me?  What've I got?  I'm short, for crying out loud!"

"Heh.  Yeah, short and busty," Lara said, gesturing at her own lack of bounce.  "Well, he isn't exactly tall.  I think he might be 5'4" or something.  Yeah, that's taller than me, certainly taller than you, but you take good care of yourself, and he really loves fit women."

"Hm.  I guess that little black bikini I was wearing that day removed all doubt about my fitness"

"Yeah, and endowment!" Lara retorted, mocking a dirty look.

Ari smiled at her friend's joke.  "Well, here's hoping.  Listen, I'm going to crash.  I'm starting to feel a lot better about myself, thanks for the help."

"Anytime.  I think I'll do same."

Lara shut off the TV and the light in the central room and the girls headed off in the directions of their respective rooms.

Chapter 9

29 June 2006

Arianne's stay at Lara's had been very good for her.  She was starting to exude a confidence that hadn't been seen in her in a good long time, if, in fact, ever.

The trip to Toronto was drawing near, and Ari was starting to show genuine enthusiasm for it.  She felt good, partly because she was rid of David, partly because she didn't have to worry about her problem, and partly because her problem was about to become an asset.

That evening, Lara and Arianne were shooting the shit again, and as it got closer to time to crash, the topic of things to come came up.

"So you bought those cute outfits the other day," Lara began, "you should break them in before we visit Chuck."

"What do you mean?" asked Ari.

"Well, so far, whenever you've wet the bed, you've been wearing whatever you normally wear.  You should try wearing what you're going to wear for Chuck, just in case the nighties make you uncomfortable or anxious, or if there's some kind of wardrobe malfunction you should know about."

"I guess I could pee in them."  She chuckled.  "That's really what I bought them for anyway, isn't it?"

"Yeah, kind of.  Did you know what you were going to wear the first night?"

"Yeah, I was thinking about the maroon outfit."

"Good choice," Lara continued, "It's not too trashy, so it doesn't say you're looking for sex, but it's not too conservative, so it also doesn't say you don't want sex."

"Kind of what I was thinking," Ari answered.  

"Well, put it on when you go to bed tonight, and let me have a look at you before and after you wet, and we'll make sure it flatters you right.  Alright?"

"Alright."

They shot the shit some more and finally Ari got up and headed to her room.  

A moment later, Ari emerged in the maroon satin cami-tap set.  The camisole hugged her every curve, as though it had been tailor-made for her.  It stopped just barely below her navel, neatly baring a strip of midriff above the waistline of her shorts.  The shorts were a split-leg style, capable of baring as much or as little leg as she wanted, depending on how she stood.

"You know, I hate the way you can do that," Lara commented, "how the hell do you find things that just fit, especially with your strange dimensions?"

"Dunno," Ari replied, "I just sort of do."

"Well, look, that outfit is perfect.  It should light Chuck right up."

"Sweet!" Ari exclaimed, turning towards her room.  "I'll be back in a little while."

Ari stepped into her room and started to realise that Lara was right; this would be treading on new ground, and she should make sure she was ready.  She climbed into the bed and shut off the light.

She felt how nice the silky fabric of her camisole and shorts felt against her skin.

She felt how full her bladder was.

She thought warm thoughts.

She started to feel the knots in her stomach that she had felt a couple of nights earlier.  "Oh no you don't!" she said to herself.  She squeezed and started peeing in her shorts.

Her dribble became a stream, and the stream became a gush, much as the many times in the past couple of days.  This time, however, instead of cotton, she was wearing satin, and loose-fitting shorts rather than panties.  The comparative light weight of her shorts made them soak so much more quickly, and their looseness caused them to lift a bit, and she jumped when she hit full stream as it sprayed out of the legs of her shorts and sprayed the insides of her thighs.

The tickling sensation made her stop for a moment, but then she resumed her peeing.  She could sense that this was a much more spectacular wetting than the ones she had done the past few nights.  Before she knew it, she had emptied herself and was working on getting herself off.

A moment later, she had pushed her magic fun button.  A small squirt escaped as she orgasmed, and she lay there soaking in the sensations and piss before switching on the light.

She stood up and looked at herself in the mirror.  The outfit was still really sexy.  The rivulets that ran out of the fabric and down her legs didn't take that away.  She turned around and looked over her shoulder so she could see her back in the mirror.  The back of her camisole and shorts had tuned a dark brown from the drenching, and the shorts clung to her ass in a way that showed just how firm it was.

Satisfied, she grabbed a change of clothes and headed to the shower.

Chapter 10

Ari returned from the shower in her more typical bedclothes, to find that while she was in there, Lara had completely changed the bed and laid out her other outfit.  She hadn't expected this, and stepped out into the center room, where Lara was watching TV.

Lara heard Ari coming and spoke first.  "I thought you might want to get a feel for the other outfit.  It's up to you, though.

Ari thought for a second.  "Yeah, you know, you're right.  I probably won't get another chance before we have to pack."

"That was what I was thinking.  Again, though, you don't have to if you don't want to.  Hell, you can even back out of going if you want."

"I'll admit, I'm starting to get a little nervous about meeting this guy, and it seems like we're going to a lot of trouble for him."

Lara shook her head.  "Not for him.  For you.  If it works out for him, that's all the better, but I'm more concerned about you.  You say the word and we'll call the whole thing off."

Ari pondered this for a moment, but knew, deep down, that her friend had never steered her wrong.  "I dunno," she said, "let me have a couple of drinks while I think about it."

"That's the spirit," Lara said, and fetched a wine cooler for Ari.

Chapter 11

Two hours, two sodas and two wine coolers later, Arianne decided to try out her other new outfit.  She wandered into her room, stripped down and put on the new outfit.  Like the maroon outfit, the kelly green camisole hugged her every curve, stopping just at the level of her belly button.  The matched panties were a string-bikini bottom.  They completely covered her backside, and had an alluring dip in the front.  Only the barest amount of material connected the front and back.

She looked at herself in the mirror, and checked the way every curve was accented.  She climbed into bed, and turned out the light.  

Only a minute passed before Arianne was fully relieving herself into her brand-new panties.  She released the volume equivalent of her two sodas and two wine coolers with great gusto and was almost shocked to realise how easily it had come to her this time.  She was just plain anxious to see how the outfit looked, she guessed, but deep inside, she was starting to enjoy this.

She turned the light back on, climbed out of the bed and stood before the mirror.  Her outfit looked much the same, save for a dark spot at the crotch.  When she turned around, though, boy, what a difference.  The kelly green had become a deep forest green, and the panties clung to her ass.  

She ran her hands over her ass to feel how the wet fabric felt.  It felt wonderful.  She fingered herself, standing in front of the mirror, and brought herself off, causing another minor gush, which landed on the floor at her feet.  

Another shower, another change of clothes, and sure enough, Lara had changed the bedding again before turning in.  What a friend!  She heard the washing machine running in the other room, and let its pulsating hum lull her to sleep.

Chapter 12

1 July, 2006

Friday, Arianne, Lara and Roger spent the day doing laundry, packing, getting the truck checked out, etc.  Saturday arrived, and the three hit the road at 7:00 in the morning.  Finally, at around 1:30 in the afternoon, they arrived at Chuck's apartment complex near Toronto.

Lara and Roger piled out of the truck and started stretching as Arianne pulled herself out of the third seat.  She climbed out of the truck carefully; her right leg had fallen asleep from leaning up against the back of Roger's seat.  As she joined the stretching, Chuck approached the group from the building.  

"Any problems at the border?" he asked, just to start the conversation.

Arianne spoke.  "The border patrol guys were very polite.  It was kind of eerie."

"Ah, but wait 'til you head back down south, eh?" Chuck said, "You'll find that their American counterparts will make up the difference."

Chuck walked up to Lara and gave her a hug, then shook Roger's hand before turning his attention to Arianne.  She looked a little uncertain, but he gave her a warm hug, and that seemed to help a little.  "Good to see you again," he told her.

"Hm," she replied, "I hope whatever happens in the next couple of days doesn't change that."

"Dunno," said Chuck, still holding her gently, "The way I see it, if it screws with your head too much, there's enough distance between here and Painesville that we can put it behind us.  I know what my role is here; don't sweat it."

"Yeah, that's what Lara was saying, too."  Ari flashed him an uncertain smile, and, after a moment of hesitation, a cautious kiss.

"Here, let me help with those things," Chuck said, as Lara and Roger had started pulling bags out of the back of her truck.  He took a couple of the bags from Lara and led the way up to his apartment.  Arianne followed close behind him, carrying her backpack, and Lara and Roger hung back a bit to give Ari and Chuck some space.

"You know," Chuck told her, "I don't know what Lara has and hasn't told you.  I don't want you to feel obligated in any way, because I'm taking you in as a friend.  There's room in my place besides in my bed if you feel uncomfortable."

"Thanks," she said, "I just don't know.  We'll have to see what happens.  Lara's a bit of a schemer, but I'm sure you know that."

"She is that," Chuck said, "But still, I trust her for some foolish reason.  Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but the truth is, she's never done wrong by me.  She's been mischievous, to be sure, but she's never done me wrong."

Ari let out a nervous giggle as they reached the top of the stairs.  Chuck opened the door and gestured for Arianne to enter.  Her jaw dropped when she did.

"My God!  This place is huge!  How big is this place?!?" she said.

"One hundred square meters... I think that's about eleven hundred square feet" Chuck replied.  "I know it's big, but I like my space."

Lara and Roger appeared at the door.  "So?" said Lara, "Do we get the grand tour?"

Chuck smiled at his friend's outspokenness and said, "Ya, sure.  Put your bags down and I'll show you around.  Oh, you got everything out of the truck first?"

"Yeah, it's all here," Lara said.  

"Okay, cool."  

Chuck showed them around his place, the large, sunken living room, the open kitchen and dining room, and the three bedrooms down the hall, one of which was set up as the master bedroom, one as a guest bedroom, and one as an office.  The office had a futon along one wall.  The opposing wall was dominated by a handful of home-built computers and one very large monitor.  The main computer (Chuck called it his workstation) had been programmed to shut off the monitor after a few minutes of non-use, and it did so just as the group entered the room, but not before Arianne saw the words "Wet Set" in large, yellow script on a black backdrop in his web browser.

Chuck wandered out to the living room and picked up Lara and Roger's bags and set them down in the corridor next to the guest room.  Arianne followed, carrying her backpack.  "For crying out loud, put down your pack!" Chuck said, taking it from her and putting it with the others' bags in the corridor.  "You are a guest here, and you should relax and make yourself at home."

"So," Chuck said, walking towards the kitchen, "Why don't you all take a load off."

Roger and Lara sat on one of the fluffy couches in Chuck's living room, and Ari took a place in the comfy chair off to one side.  

"Anyone like a beer, wine, water, pop, whatever?"  Everyone called back their requests, and Chuck returned to the living room with a couple of bottles and handed them around.  

Roger took a drink from his beer and said, "Wow, that's pretty good."

"Heh," Chuck said, "You've never been up this side of the border, have you?"

"No," Roger said, "How could you tell?"

"This is our run of the mill swill up here.  Reminds me of my favourite joke, though."

Lara covered her face and shook her head, because she knew where this was going.

"So don't take this the wrong way, eh?" Chuck said, laying on the thickest Ottawa Valley accent he could muster, "Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?"

Roger hesitated for a moment.  "Okay, I'll bite.  Why?"

"Because it's fucking close to water, eh?!"

Roger and Ari laughed hard.  Lara just kind of shook her head, smiling, and said, "I can't believe you're still telling that joke."

"Oh, come on!  It's a classic!"

The group loosened up a bit after a couple of rounds, and shot the shit for a few hours.  They were going to take the streetcar, then the subway to get to the festivities downtown, so nobody was particularly concerned about remaining sober.  Beer flowed.  Jokes and stories were told.  Arianne was the quietest in the group, as she sat and admired their host, much in the manner that he had done to her when he had last visited Ohio.

After a while, Chuck asked if anyone was interested in going to get some food.  After some negotiation, they agreed on oriental food.  Lara and Roger headed to their room to get ready to go.  Chuck took the opportunity to talk to Ari alone.

"You know, you can back out at any time," he said, "I won't be offended."

She just smiled and said, "Thank you."  

Just then, Roger and Lara came back into the living room.  "Ready to go?" Chuck asked.  They nodded.  "Alright, then."  They headed down to the street.

About twenty minutes later, by streetcar, they found themselves at Spring Rolls on Dundas.

"Kind of a fancy place, isn't it, Chuck?" asked Ari.

"Nah.  This place is great.  The food is really good, and the place is hip, but the staff is cool.  You don't get the attitude you might think you'd get."

"You're not just doing this to impress me, are you?"

"Well, what if I was?" he retorted with a grin.

Ari smiled a this and the group entered.  True to Chuck's word, they were seated quickly, served promptly and politely, and enjoyed the good food and good company.  They sat and chatted for a while after they finished eating.  Finally, Chuck called for the tab.  When the waitress returned with it, he gave it a quick glance, gave her some twenties, and dropped a ten and some twonies on the table and said to the group, "well, shall we?"

They had been going to take the subway to the festivities, but instead ended up just walking the remaining few blocks.  The beer flowed freely all night.  The music and fireworks were awesome as one would expect.  Arianne and Chuck stuck together like they'd been lovers for a long time.  Around 11:00, they stumbled back into his apartment, laughing raucously as Chuck demonstrated that he can't sing when he is drunk.

When good friends haven't seen each other for a long time, there is a tendency to stay up into the wee hours of the morning chatting about just about everything, and this is, indeed, what happened next.  

Chapter 13

After a while their collective alcohol and adrenaline rushes wore off, and they decided to call it a night.  Lara and Roger headed to their room.

Needless to say, there was some uncertainty between Chuck and Ari.  "You don't have to do this if you don't want to," she told him, "I don't want you to feel obligated."

Chuck laughed out loud at the remark and told her that she was totally welcome in his bed, and that *she* didn't have to if she didn't want to.  She grinned, wandered into the master bedroom, grabbing her pack on the way through.  She took a small bag out of her backpack and headed to the bathroom.

Chuck stripped down and put on a pair of red silk boxers.  He wasn't sure if she was joining him or not, and he had figured this to be a safe option, because he could pass it off as his usual bedclothes, but they were still nice enough to show to a new bedtime partner.  He turned on the lamp next to his bed, switched off the overhead, and crawled into his bed.

He lay there wondering if Ari would join him or not.  He was really hoping she would.  He had really been enjoying her company all evening.  

He was waiting to hear a toilet flush as a cue that Ari was coming his way, and so he was startled when she just showed up at the door.  She was wearing the maroon outfit that she had bought earlier that week, and struck a pose that showed a lot of leg through the split sides of her shorts.  

Chuck admired how nicely the outfit fit her, showing off every curve, and demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt just how cute she was.  She smiled nervously.

Picking up on her nervousness, he said, "I don't bite.  Unless you want me to, that is."

She smiled and crossed the room.  She crawled into bed with him and took a straddling position over him.  He admired her for a moment, and then reached up for her shoulders, pulled her close to him and they kissed, long, articulate, deep.

As they kissed, his hands found their way down her back.  He reached up the legs of her shorts, which moved out of the way obligingly.  He admired how firm her body was.  He fondled and squeezed her ass.  Slowly, they began to gyrate against each other, but it was apparent to Chuck that something was bothering her.  He hoped that she would relax, or tell him, or something.

Finally, she spoke up.  She gently pulled her lips away from his and propped herself up on her arms.  She gazed at Chuck's face admiringly.  Then she looked away for a nervous moment.

"I have a surprise for you," she said, "Lara told me a lot about you and what you like."

"Really?  What did she tell you?"

"She told me that you would be really turned on if I told you I'd been holding it all night and I really needed to piss."

Chuck's already turgid member became noticeably stiffer at this announcement.

"So I see it's true." she said, reaching down and stroking him through his shorts.

"So have you?" Chuck gasped, hoping he knew where this was going.

"Mm-hmm" she said, smiling in the alluring, mischievous way that only a mid-western girl can do.  "And she told me you'd *really* like this."

She lowered herself back down onto him and held him tightly.  Their lips locked and their tongues danced.  A moment later, a hissing sound emerged from from Ari's shorts.  Another moment, and Chuck felt a warm sensation spreading across the front of his shorts, and he realised that Ari was pissing her pants.... a lot!  It took all he could do not to cream his shorts instantly.

She disengaged her arms for a moment, and got into an upright position, kneeling over Chuck and grinned at him.  A pouty expression crossed her face.  "Oops!" she said, "I peed my pants.  What should I do?"

"Do it again!"  he said, admiring how wet her shorts were.

A devilish look crossed her face.  She closed her eyes and threw her head back.  A moment later, the hissing sound returned, coupled with a dribbling.  A fountain had formed at the lower front of her shorts.  The legs got quickly and mercilessly re-soaked, and the piss dripped off both legs and all over the front of Chuck's shorts.

Chuck reached up and put his hands on her shoulders before knocking her over onto her back, evoking a playful screech and giggle.  He got on top and watched as she just kept pissing and pissing.  He couldn't take his eyes off the fact that she was pissing so hard that it lifted up the fabric of her shorts and sprayed out of the legs.  He began rubbing her pussy through the sodden fabric of her shorts, and she took the cue to grab and start massaging his dick through his soggy shorts.

"I'd ask if you were wet," he said, "but I think the meaning might be lost."

She giggled at the pun.  "I am," she said.

She reached up and started to pull his shorts off.  His dick sprung up as it was released from its silken encumbrance.  She got the shorts down to his knees, and he kicked them off the rest of the way.  One final kick sent them into a graceful arc onto the floor, where they landed with a soggy "Schlop!"

He started rubbing her pussy again through the sodden satin shorts she was wearing, this time using his dick instead.  He reached down, slid her shorts off and tossed them.  Again, "Schlop!" as they hit the floor.  She giggled at this.

He touched his dick to her pussy lips, sending a shiver up and down her, resulting in another small gush of piss pouring forth from her.  It hit his stomach and rolled off, tickling his balls on the way down.

He gently pressed a little harder.  He felt her lips part, admitting him.  He felt her quiver as he took her then and there, feeling the bed squish beneath them in the puddle she had just made for him.  "Oh yes," she said, "Don't stop!  Don't stop!  Yes!  yes!  yesyesyesyesyes YEEEESSSSSSSS!"

On her orgasm, a gush of piss sprayed forth, as she finished uncontrollably emptying herself all over him, making him go off.

They lay there for a while, talking a little about this and that.  She confessed to him that that was just what she needed.

"So what do we do about this mess?" she finally asked.

"Yeah," Chuck said, "I guess we should do something about it, eh?"

She got up, looking magnificent, nude from the waist down.

"What a shame!" Chuck said.

"What?"

"Not a drop on your camisole."

"Awww... and I peed so hard."

"No worries.  We'll take another crack at it if you like."

Chuck peeled the sheets back to reveal a waterproof cover, which he removed with them.  He bundled them up and put them in a basket, then got out fresh linens, complete with a fresh waterproof cover, and the two of them remade the bed.  He put on a dry pair of shorts, and she grabbed something and headed to the washroom.

Chuck had just finished smoothing the bed when she returned in the kelly green outfit.  He looked her over and was just amazed at how sexy this new outfit looked on her.  It showed off and emphasized the shapeliness of her legs, the flatness of her stomach, and cut some nice cleavage up top.  

Chuck excused himself for a moment and stepped into the washroom, where he quickly guzzled two cups of water and returned to the bedroom to find that she had already crawled in and was waiting for him.  He crawled in next to her and turned out the light.  He put his arm around her and held her until the morning.

Chapter 14

2 July, 2006

Chuck awoke to find himself face-to-face with Ari, who was gazing admiringly at him.  "Been awake long?" he asked.

"Just a few minutes," she said.

"Any regrets?"

"Only one."

"What's that?"

"I'm dying for a piss," she said.
Chuck's cock hardened a little, a fact that had not escaped Ari's attention.  "Yeah," he said, "me too."  The water he had drunk the night before had worked its way through his system.

"So go." she said.  

She peeled back the covers so that she could look at the front of his shorts.  

"It's a little difficult with a stiffie...." he said, "Give me a sec."

He concentrated for a moment, and then felt the first small drips escape.  She looked down at the front of his shorts and confirmed the small wet spot that had formed.

"Give me more!" she said.

Chuck pushed with all his might, and finally got a stream going strong.  That's when Ari pulled his shorts down and his pis sprayed all over the front of her cute green satin camisole.

"Wet me!" she said.

He got up into a kneeling position, the waist of his shorts still under his balls, and pointed his dick at her camisole.  

"Wet me." she said, whispering this time.

He pushed with all his might.  A moment later, he had a full gusher going.  He directed the spray over her tits, where the camisole obligingly clung to her nipples.  He peed all up and down her, wetting her thoroughly, almost.

"You didn't get my panties," she said.

"I want you to get those," he said.

She smiled.  He watched attentively.  A moment later, a spot at the front of her crotch turned from kelly green to forest green to match her now-soaked camisole.  A fountain formed in the ever growing dark spot, and he watched attentively as the piss sprayed out of the legs of her panties, soaking her crotch and bum.  He was very hard.

He pulled his shorts the rest of the way off and gave them a toss.  He touched the tip of his dick to the front of her panties and started rubbing her through them with it.  "You're a tease," she scolded, "Don't stop."

He didn't.  A moment later, she pulled the crotch of her panties aside with one hand and pushed him in with the other.  Before he knew it, they were fucking again.  Tightness released slightly, fully in, up and down, in and out.  Squish, squish, squish.  He could swear she was still pissing.  He put his hand on the front of her panties and found out that she _was_ still pissing.

"Oh god.  Oh god.  Oh yes.  Oh god yes.  Yes.  Yes!  Yes!  YES!  oh YES!  YESSSSSSSS!!"  A final gush of piss poured forth from her as she came.  Again, Chuck came right after her, and collapsed in a heap on top of her, feeling her form though the sodden fabric of her soiled nightclothes.

He kissed her, long and hard, wondering to himself if he had just found the perfect sex partner.  They lay there for a moment, drinking in what had just happened.

Finally, Ari spoke.  "We probably woke up the others.  We should check on them."

"Good point," Chuck said, "and I want to start my morning ritual, anyway."

"What's that?"

"If the weather's good, I go for a swim every morning.  It's already 22 degrees out.  It's going to be a beautiful day.  Wanna come with?"  He started rummaging for a pair of shorts to swim in.

"Hm.  I didn't bring a swimsuit.  Let me see what I've got," she said.

Chuck pulled on his shorts.  "I'll just go have a look and see if the others are awake, then."

Chuck wandered down the hall and put his ear to the door.  He didn't hear anything.  He gently opened the door, and found Lara and Roger fast asleep.  He closed the door and returned to his room.

Ari had found a pair of black satin panties that would serve as a Bikini bottom, and coupled them with a black sports bra.  "God she looks hot" Chuck thought to himself.

"They're still asleep," he told her.

"Cool.  Let's go for a swim.  I'm all sticky anyway, and I'm sure you are, too."

Chuck grabbed a couple of towels and they wandered down to the pool in back of the building.  She sat down on the edge and dangled her feet, looking cute as could be.  Chuck jumped in and swam a lap before coming to rest at her feet.

"Have you been enjoying the trip?" he asked.

She grinned.  "No, not at all," she said sarcastically.  "Seriously, I needed this badly.  I needed to have some release without the ugly regrets that come later."

"Glad to oblige," he said, recalling that he had done the same thing for Lara sometime in the past.  "So, I gotta ask you.... Did you do all this pissing just for me, or are you the same sort of freak I am?"

Ari blushed.  "It's kind of embarrassing, actually.  Somehow I'm wired so that I piss full force whenever I cum.  It grossed out a lot of my former boyfriends.  As if that wasn't enough, I also wet the bed about every other night, so it's been kind of lonely for me.  That's what my ex and I argued about so much."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad feelings," he said, genuine concern on his face.

She grimaced and nodded.  "It's okay.  This weekend is therapy for me."

"So anyway," she continued, "It got to where I'm so used to being wet that when Lara told me she knew someone I should meet, who would like it, that she had me start practicing doing it on purpose.  It took me about a week to get it to where I could do what I did last night."

"What was your plan if I didn't want you to sleep with me?"

"Then I'd go put on a diaper and sleep in another room.  I was really hoping we'd hit it off; I hate diapers."

"Arianne, last night was some of the best sex I have ever had.  Lara used to piss her panties for me, but I'm not sure whether or not she liked it."

They both turned when they heard a spattering sound.  Lara was standing there, with a mischievous grin on her face.  She was wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of teal-coloured silk flutter panties, from the bottom of which was pouring a stream of piss, that was spattering onto the patio.

"So you did like it?" Chuck asked.

"Eh.  Little bit," Lara answered.  "I like the fact that it feels naughty.  I just did that now to get your attention."

"It worked," Chuck said.  He turned his attention back to Ari.  "Care to join?"

"Okay," she said, slipping into the pool and into Chuck's arms.  Chuck and Ari played and splashed and groped and fingered and frolicked in the water.  After a moment, Roger came down from the apartment.  Chuck hadn't noticed, and jumped a little when he spoke to Lara.

"How come you haven't joined the fun?" he asked Lara.  He had slung a couple of towels over his shoulder before coming down.

"I didn't bring a suit," she said.

"You're already wet!" he said.  Lara screeched and giggled as Roger wrapped his arms around her and jumped into the pool with her.

Chuck looked back to Ari.  He pointed his thumb at the other couple, shaking his head.  "Kids!" he said sarcastically.

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Ari said, playing along.

"This!" he said, sending a splash of water her way.  The splash started a short-lived splash battle, which ended up with Ari and Chuck pressed tightly together, kissing and fondling each other.

The group played for a while longer, then headed up to Chuck's apartment to dry off, change and have breakfast.  Chuck tossed everyone's pissy and wet clothes into the washing machine before making breakfast for his friends.  A few hours later, the group was ready to return to Ohio.

Chuck took Ari in his arms and gave her one last long, articulate kiss before reluctantly sending them on their way back to the States.  He knew it may be a while before he got to see her again. 

I swear i've written some stories...

But I get the impression you are looking for books, properly published books, that feature bedwetting prominently. There are a lot of kids books, like Do Little Mermaids Wet The Bed, and there are a lot of books that mention bedwetting... but it's like part of abuse or not covered well...

However, this book has bedwetting as the central plot - a young witch wets the bed and its a premonition of bad things to come. 

Blue is for Nightmares!

https://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Nightmares-Laurie-Faria-Stolarz-ebook/dp/B009M9Z69K/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Blue+is+for+Nightmares&qid=1623799209&sr=8-1

I love it!

Boarding school junior Stacey Brown has nightmares too real to ignore.  Her nightmares come true. This time they're about Drea, her best friend who's become the target of one seriously psycho stalker. To  try and protect her, Stacey's working with what she knows-candles, cards, incantations, and spells..

Description from Amazon, and yeah... the too real to ignore part is that she wets the bed.

Grade 7-10-Stacey's nightmares have proven to tell the future in the past, and now they have returned. The person who is in danger in the teen's dreams is her roommate. Determined to discover who is out to kill Drea, the protagonist performs a series of spells taught to her by her grandmother to ferret out the murderer. Seemingly, all of the girls' friends and acquaintances are suspects. This mystery will initially attract readers who are into Wicca and spells, but may not be successful in keeping their interest. Stacey's bedwetting (at age 16) is a troublesome plot point that remains mostly unresolved at the end. The girls' adventures are unfettered by adults for the most part, and since the story takes place at a boarding school, it is hard to believe that so much could go on unnoticed. Stolarz's first novel is an admirable attempt, but falls short when compared to the works of other mystery-writing greats such as Nancy Werlin and Carol Plum-Ucci.