Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do Women Poop in Public More?

This is another thing that I have talked about with numerous people in these communities over the years and it's something that I have wondered, and I think I might have had a similar thread like this in the past. My theory is that since women sit down to pee if they end up having to poop they will end up pooping, where as if a guy just has to pee he will be standing up with his butt cheeks clench and wouldn't necessarily have to poop. But if a woman has to poop and she sits down to pee I feel like she will end up having to let everything go whether she likes to or not!

This is kind of been my experience personally. I try to avoid pooping in public if at all possible but sometimes I go to sit down to pee and I have to poop and there is just no way that I can do one without doing the other, so inevitably it results in taking a public dump.

That is why I am interested in asking a more broader community. Lots of individuals have told me that they have found that to be true as well, that it seems like just because women do everything in stalls one way or another women are more likely to end up having to poop away from home, even though I suspect the majority of us would probably rather not!

I also speculate that this might be why it seems like the women's room is out of order more often or that there are more clogGED stalls. Again maybe I'm making a leap from that to that.

I also do somewhat wonder if it has something to do with increasing the women's line for the bathroom. I don't think it's a major factor, but I definitely think the factor that women have to share a limited number of stalls for both peeing and pooping, whereas men have the peeing express lane of urinals that it doesn't result in a pooper slowing down the overall line. But I think with women there is more likely that a woman will end up pooping in the stall and holding up the line overall and taking that stall out of commission for a while.

So I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences have been on this. Are women more likely to end up pooping in public or is it just me?

Also another interesting observation is that although shitting is seen as more of a guy thing and poop humor is seen as more of a guy thing, from talking to people over the years it seems like women mention having to poop, particularly in a public situation, more often than men do, where as men seem like they are more likely to try to avoid it at all cost, and I am wondering if that's just because it's easier for them to do so.

Well... If I don't have to poop urgently I can manage having a wee without pooping. But the other way around is simply impossible.  I pee in public quite often because I have a bladder the size of a pea, but I only poop in public when there's really no other option, like for intance on a long hike in the mountains... It takes a bit more logistics too, like having something to wipe your bum with.

@liesjeversteven

"Well... If I don't have to poop urgently I can manage having a wee without pooping. But the other way around is simply impossible.  I pee in public quite often because I have a bladder the size of a pea, but I only poop in public when there's really no other option, like for intance on a long hike in the mountains... It takes a bit more logistics too, like having something to wipe your bum with."

I pee in public basically every opportunity I get, at least partially out of precaution. I used to rarely ever poop in public but ever since I had my stomach problems and my acid reflux I find that whenever I eat I often have to go to the bathroom right away and if I sit down just to pee I will immediately relax my whole body and everything will come out. So the frustrating situation is if I go out to eat at a restaurant and I go to pee afterwards I'm probably going end up pooping as well. So now I went from never pooping in public to pooping in public more commonly and I am still somewhat self-conscious about it.

If I'm pooping in public I'm doing it in my panties/diaper, but I understand that not everyone on here is into that. I don't need to poo as much as pee when I'm out exercising, but if I do then I just do it in my panties so I don't slow everyone down. I'll hold it as long as I possibly can but sometimes poo just has to come out. I've actually seen clips of female runners doing this before so it's not just me. I actually showed a clip to my husband after he called me weird for taking a dump in my panties when we were running together. Since I wear a miniskirt to exercise, I can just remove the dirty panties if I need to. At work I'm in a diaper so it's no big deal.

The whole pooing myself strategy is way more viable because of my clothing choices of skirts/dresses though. If I had to wear pants, then it wouldn't really work. Even in a diaper it would be a bit risky.

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)

Maybe I'm the unusual one here but I often go just to pee. I've had times where I went multiple trips to the bathroom at school or work while sick and only peeing; sometimes because I'm paranoia to poop sometimes not even that. I think its just my personal paranoia that has become a "problem" but just like how people can have really shy bladders, its the same but with pooping for me. 

On 6/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, DesperateJill said:

I also do somewhat wonder if it has something to do with increasing the women's line for the bathroom. I don't think it's a major factor, but I definitely think the factor that women have to share a limited number of stalls for both peeing and pooping, whereas men have the peeing express lane of urinals that it doesn't result in a pooper slowing down the overall line. But I think with women there is more likely that a woman will end up pooping in the stall and holding up the line overall and taking that stall out of commission for a while.

I'll just state that I'm generalising a ton here, but yes, that could be one factor. Another factor can be that they may have a need to change a pad or a tampon after they have peed. But it is a third factor wich I think might be the most significant in contributing to this, and that is women who neither need to pee, poop or deal with their menstruation. It can be women who go to the toilet to adjust their clothes, re-do their makeup and take a full GB of selfies. It can also be women who go to the toilet to gossip with a friend, or to silently cry by herself. In other words, women tend to view the toilet as a sort of safe space, where they can retreat in to, and maybe linger for a few moments. That almost never happens in the men's room. It's in, piss, and out.

On 6/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, DesperateJill said:

This is another thing that I have talked about with numerous people in these communities over the years and it's something that I have wondered, and I think I might have had a similar thread like this in the past. My theory is that since women sit down to pee if they end up having to poop they will end up pooping, where as if a guy just has to pee he will be standing up with his butt cheeks clench and wouldn't necessarily have to poop. But if a woman has to poop and she sits down to pee I feel like she will end up having to let everything go whether she likes to or not!

This is kind of been my experience personally. I try to avoid pooping in public if at all possible but sometimes I go to sit down to pee and I have to poop and there is just no way that I can do one without doing the other, so inevitably it results in taking a public dump.

That is why I am interested in asking a more broader community. Lots of individuals have told me that they have found that to be true as well, that it seems like just because women do everything in stalls one way or another women are more likely to end up having to poop away from home, even though I suspect the majority of us would probably rather not!

I also speculate that this might be why it seems like the women's room is out of order more often or that there are more clogGED stalls. Again maybe I'm making a leap from that to that.

So I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences have been on this. Are women more likely to end up pooping in public or is it just me?

Also another interesting observation is that although shitting is seen as more of a guy thing and poop humor is seen as more of a guy thing, from talking to people over the years it seems like women mention having to poop, particularly in a public situation, more often than men do, where as men seem like they are more likely to try to avoid it at all cost, and I am wondering if that's just because it's easier for them to do so.

It's really interesting to hear your thoughts on this, Jill! Because as a man I was thinking the same as you - "do women poop more because they're already there?" My spouse told me for her, yeah, sometimes she'd be peeing and then feel a fart and poop and do it since she's already there, and I think you're right that it ends up clogging the line for toilets.

I don't know about actual toilet clogging either, but I think you're on the right track because women who poop might use a lot of toilet paper, leading to clogging for toilets that can't handle it, leading to more line ups. 

But for standing up peeing while holding in poop, nah, it's not comfortable even though our butt cheeks are clenched, for me I'm pretty sensitive. So even if I have the slightest fart or poop, I'd rather just wait and look for a stall, I wouldn't even bothering emptying out my urine alone, it actually wouldn't help me one bit.

A good example of this is with coffee, we all know it makes us poop more, but the caffeine makes me pee a lot too! But when I drink a bunch of coffee at work, I would never be able to use a urinal because there's the poop feeling. I always hear others using the urinals and I can hear others let out some huge farts, but I wouldn't do that. 

It is one thing that I like about the women's washrooms is that it's all stalls and it's probably more comfortable and easier to poop albeit more lines.

I've actually seen this happen a lot for me, where a woman would try to use the men's stalls due to a long lineup for women's toilets. So I'm in the men's stalls, and there's only one working stall the other is nasty and not working, and I could tell it's a women because I can see their feet under the stall, and they have heels and painted toenails, and I'd have to say to them "Sorry, I ate something bad haha, I'll be in here a while, you're probably better off joining the women's line!" because I'm badly using it.

I actually saw this in a YouTube show, skip to 19:40, except I'm the guy using the stall in this situation 😂

I don't know if that's the case or not; If I have to do both things then it's uncomfortable for me to stand up and pee while trying to hold the rest back. It's difficult to get my stream started if I'm trying to hold something else in at the same time, all those muscles kind of seem to want to ease up at once in those situations. The only reason I'd think women would poop in public more is, like, they sit down and once they're in that position they suddenly realize they need to poop as well, and guys wouldn't have that happen if they're standing to pee. And, I know for some people, pregnancy and periods may make them need to poop more frequently, which a male wouldn't have to deal with. 

I actually don't know if I have a shy bowel like I do a shy bladder. I've never actually had to even try pooping in a public restroom, since I guess I just got incredibly lucky with having a consistent 'schedule' for that. I go every other day, and always pretty late in the evening around when I take my shower, and thus already at home. The only time this schedule changes is if I'm sick, in which case I'm at home anyway. If I am out abnormally late for whatever reason, then I'll have several hours before my need starts to get that uncomfortable. 

@John

I seen that clip before and that's pretty accurate how people will react if you asked to cut in line for the ladies room. I probably wouldn't want to take a dump in the men's room though is that would be beyond mortifying, is just doing so in the ladies room is bad enough and everything like that, I guess because pooping is seen by most people is not feminine.

I don't think it's a major huge factor but I do think that often because women are pooping more that it does end up holding up the line especially in situations where there is only a single user bathroom whereas the men's room might have a urinal in addition to that ,and that's where I think it really makes a difference. I have been in a couple of situations and I even wrote a couple of stories about this where a woman ends up having to wait to go to the bathroom for like 20 minutes simply because the only stall is taken up by some woman who is pooping or she ends up clogging the stall. Stuff that I have experienced, again not super super often, but it definitely happens and I think that it happens more often than the ladies room that the men's room.

Again I can't speak of experience from the men's room or anything like that but it does seem like it's not super uncommon for a woman to be hogging a stall for a couple of minutes pooping and holding up the line for the other women who just want to pee, and it seems like the women's toilets end up being out of order and clogged more often and I think that that is at least partially due to women clogging the toilet pooping, and also because of inconsiderate bitches who throw their sanitary napkins  in the toilet despite the fact that it specifically tells you not to.

I understand , I think the stories and stuff would make me feel less alone, but if you're not comftrable I understand I have some stories as well but I'm not sure this is the place to share them, so for me I'm not embarrassed at all about peeing in public or people knowing I'm peeing, but because I was made fun of or teased for pooping a number of times I think that has shaped the way I feel, but it could also be helpful at some point for us to share what happend to us to take away the power as far as pooping in public is concerned, but i completely understand where you're coming from, so if you're comftrable do you mind sharing what made you shy and what about it makes you feel so shy?  I'll also do the same as hard as it is

I definitely poop in public somewhat often, although I rarely go to the bathroom with the intent to go poo. More often I'll sit down on the toilet, start peeing, realize I could probably poop, and push out what I can. Sometimes I'll wear a diaper on a nature walk or something and mess it, but I wouldn't call that public public.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:31 PM, John said:

Do they happen more often on your periods? My spouse tells me she gets very sick during her periods

I take contraceptive pills so my periods are a bit different from usual. I've messed before on my period and not. I like messing so it's just a fun accident for me and I don't try to stop it. i use diapers to contain the mess though!

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)