• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Do I have a small bladder?

Question

All my life I've thought I had a fairly large bladder. But now, Im not so sure.

A little context. I've recently been getting into the whole holding scene, and really enjoy it. I love the feeling of desperation and the thought of humiliation. However, while reading these forums, I hear people holding easily for 3, 6, or even 12 hours.

I try my hardest, but the longest I can go from using the restroom to leaking a ton (I tested) was 2 and a half hours. This was with only drinking 20oz (500ml)  of water during that whole time. 

I don't wet the bed, I haven't had an accident when I wasn't doing holding sessions since 2nd grade. 

Do I have a small bladder?!?!

PLEASE HELP.

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

1) I don't think you should take the stories about long holds and large amounts of pee held as an example of what is normal.

2) Your kidney activity does not depend only on what you've drunk after the last bathroom visit. If you are well hydrated 2.5 hours from empty to full may be absolutely OK.

3) You didn't say anything about the volume of pee your bladder holds when you start leaking. A quick search on google for "bladder volume" might help. I found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_bladder (urge starts at 300 - 400 ml), https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/bladder-capacity (normal capacity 500 - 600 ml) or https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5336626/ (400 - 600 ml). Be aware that there is a natural variation in bladder volumes.

4) Some people here say the bladder capacity can be increased by training (an idea which I'm not fond of personally).

Disclaimer: I'm not a physician, so what do I know? If you still think your capacity is abnormally low or decreasing over time, you might want to see a doctor.

Edited by hubertheiser
typo corrected (see edit history)

After pushing myself to the absolute limit and using a measuring cup, it seems I have a strange result. I actaully urinated 20oz (500 ml)! that's 4oz (100ml) above the adult average. I also read online that a healthy bladder can stretch.

I don't know what to think, an insight or other comparisons would be appreciated.

16 hours ago, SPT said:

After pushing myself to the absolute limit and using a measuring cup, it seems I have a strange result. I actaully urinated 20oz (500 ml)! that's 4oz (100ml) above the adult average. I also read online that a healthy bladder can stretch.

The bladder actually can stretch, it is a muscle after all. But there are limits of course. With a few holds you won't be able to increase your capacity significantly. (And again, my personal opinion: I'm not very fond of the idea of "training" your bladder capacity as I'm not sure about potential health issues showing up in the long run.)

Concerning the volume: When I push myself to the absolute limit or beyond, the first time pee is much less than my capacity. But I have to pee again shortly after that, and it's a considerable amount, often more than the first pee. From that point of view I would say, your bladder seems to be in line with what is normal.

Again: Do not take the holding/capacity heroes of the site as an example of what is normal. I'm way below their capacity, too, and not concerned at all.

I am not sure what is normal but I am glad i can't hold for 12 hours.  That would just get boring after a while. 2 hours is long enough to not get bored.

Not only that but I you are talking about the holds on discord you might noticed that those really long holders don't drink much water all day.

I should also add that for ultrasounds they usually tell you to drink 32 oz 2 hours beforehand so that your bladder is really full and a lot of people have a lot of trouble with that so.

Edited by Chame1eon (see edit history)
On 6/3/2021 at 1:36 AM, SPT said:

I don't know what to think, an insight or other comparisons would be appreciated.

Yeah, that sounds like an average amount. You're fine. Don't worry about trying to out-hold others you come across on this site, just think of how to use your capacity whenever you want to have fun with it.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:00 AM, SPT said:

All my life I've thought I had a fairly large bladder. But now, Im not so sure.

A little context. I've recently been getting into the whole holding scene, and really enjoy it. I love the feeling of desperation and the thought of humiliation. However, while reading these forums, I hear people holding easily for 3, 6, or even 12 hours.

I try my hardest, but the longest I can go from using the restroom to leaking a ton (I tested) was 2 and a half hours. This was with only drinking 20oz (500ml)  of water during that whole time. 

I don't wet the bed, I haven't had an accident when I wasn't doing holding sessions since 2nd grade. 

Do I have a small bladder?!?!

PLEASE HELP.

You have a small bladder, but obviously also good bladder control. How long you can hold it after you get the urge to pee?

I usually have to pee in 2 hour intervals too, but unlike you, I have real accidents due to poor bladder control. I pee myself when scared or nervous and also recently started to wet the bed at night, because I don't always wake up when I have to pee. On a good day I can hold up to 30 minutes after I get the urge to pee, than I start to leak heavily.