Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Thinking about Diapers at Night

Before I moved when I was in my early 20's and got married, I wore diapers to bed every night for at least a few months, maybe a year.  I'd do it again if I could.  But diapers are expensive and I have bills now I didn't have then.  But Depends were easier to find and seemed like they were a bit better than they are now, and I worked at a home medical warehouse that threw out literal packs (I think it was multiple cases worth, but I was able to snap up a few packs), so I had a supply.  It was a great feeling and I actually slept better, once I got used to it.

If you decide to wear and use the diaper at night, I would recommend some bed protection too in case of leaking. At least until you find your perfect fit.

I've been surprised how much differences there are with different diaper brands in how they leak or don't leak during the night. I have to use quite large diapers in order to not leak. It might have something to do with the male vs female anatomy, and also how you lie in bed when peeing (sideways, on your back or on your stomach).  But it's for sure convenient!

Definitely lie on your back to "use the toilet" in bed. Particularly if you have male anatomy, but I would imagine it would work best for females as well, as it all just flows downwards into your nappy in that position, wherever you are peeing from.

I do have a waterproof mattress protector but it's hardly ever called into action!

I started using diapers when I went to bed a few years ago. I did really get tired of waking up in the night, so I started letting myself wet my diaper when I woke up and eventually I trained myself to just sleep through it entirely. Waking up in nice, soft, puffy padding is a nice bonus, too... Definitely recommend giving it a shot. I'd recommend testing diapers out by letting your bladder fill then wearing one and lying in a tub in your normal sleeping position and trying to release it. See if there's leak potential in capacity or in fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...