Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why doesnt it hurt to hold it even at the point of leaking? How do I experience the pain that people talk about

Even when I hold 1L where my bladder leaks (but still no wetting) I am noticing nothing actually hurts  and I dont really feel bladder strain. But I read desperation stories all the time about the pain the female was in. Are male/females different in this regard or is it because I hold it at home without public humilaition risk? Anyone like  me that leaks but cant wet and doesnt feel any pain?

3 hours ago, SpaceWonderer said:

I believe, to feel the pain you need stronger sphincters (holding muscles). If you start leaking before feeling any strain or pain, likely your bladder doesn't get to the pressure levels where it starts to hurt.

Oh wow I thought I had pretty strong control. I can't wet though; to lose control do you have to keep leaking? All the pee desperation video on lvoe wetting never seem to have leakages and just full on wetting so I used to think my control was strong for just leaking 

We as adults barely can have a full blown accident.
For me it kind of hurts as well (im male), but I never completely lost control. Only once I was high and I chained myself and the spasms where so big, so at some point I felt a huge wave of desperation/spasm coming and I knew I had let go or I thought I couldnt (dont even know that well anymore), so I pissed all over.

Usually I keep leaking as well unfortunately until the pain becomes too severe and I masturbate and let go.

From my own experience, a full bladder is more on the painful side when it’s filled up over a longer period of time. That familiar tingle-y sensation that is, I think, much more fun for everyone involved is - again, from my own experience - from when the full bladder is something that happened more rapidly because the person drank a lot. For instance, when I wake up in the morning, my bladder often kind of hurts. If I tried to do a hold right then, I’d don’t think I’d really enjoy it. I think there could also then be a correlation made between how painful/not painful a hold is vs. the color of the pee (more yellow vs. more clear).

Beyond that, however, I think there can be other factors to a hold that could cause pain, like urine getting trapped in the urethra between being in the bladder and being free. I have sometimes read that can be painful.

I think everyone's body responds different- but basically a few things happen in your body when you need to go.

Look at it like this: let's say you decide to join a fitness club and began lifting weights after a long period of inactivity. Your muscles are actually expanding (filling with blood) beyond what they are used to, many times becoming sore for periods of time. When the bladder is filled beyond what is 'regular', there is increased blood flow, causing the muscles to expand (squeezing harder). Now if you regularly stretch these muscles, among others, there is less and less soreness as time goes on. 

ALSO, as your bladder becomes extremely full, your blood pressure actually raises, which can cause other soreness in the body, such as headaches. 

I think it just depends on the person, and is partly the reason why some people have no problem holding it for hours and others can't stand it. I've always thought a full bladder was painful, but not terribly so. When I was younger, I couldn't stand any pain or discomfort at all, so I hated having to hold it. Now I like it (for the most part).

I agree with SpaceWonder. If your sphincter is not strong, you start leaking before it gets painful.

If your sphincter is strong enough and trained to resist a strong pressure, if you are able to overfill your bladder  to double size, or more, then it can get painful.

A bladder can get hard as a rock, if your bodily and your will power are strong enough to hold it and that can hurt and that can get painful, but pain is not pain.

I like this kind of pain from a bursting full bladder, the stronger my urge and my need to pee, the more i get aroused.

Personally, i can get my bladder fuller, if i fill it slowly, if the bladder has time to stretch and to expand and if i have time to get used to that feeling.

I don't think that men and women necessarily differ as far as bladder pain goes. What I have read is that women are able to deal with more long-term milder pain such as the pain of long-term pregnancy, whereas men are better able to take a punch, quick bursts of pain like that due to evolution. So in that regard women might be better at dealing with long term bladder pain, which is probably good seeing as women are more likely to experience long-term bladder pain. You really want to experience bladder pain, get a job as a woman outdoors without bathrooms, you'll experience plenty!

22 hours ago, Acura17 said:

Now if you regularly stretch these muscles, among others, there is less and less soreness as time goes on.

I've been doing holds for almost 20 years, and it didn't get any less painful when I'm at my limit. The only difference, my bladder volume somewhat increased over time so it takes longer to get to the same level of fullness/pain.

• 5 weeks later...

Have you tried pressing on your bladder? I started playing around with my partner and sometimes when I need to go they just put a bunch of weight on my bladder and it pleasurably hurts. If you're not hurting that's probably good, less likely to hurt yourself. But just shoving down on it might create the fullness pressure

Also agree with above comment that slow fill makes it hurt more than rapid fill. Rapid makes me feel urgent, slow gives my muscles a chance to get tired while keeping control.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:14 AM, BeeCat said:

Have you tried pressing on your bladder? I started playing around with my partner and sometimes when I need to go they just put a bunch of weight on my bladder and it pleasurably hurts. If you're not hurting that's probably good, less likely to hurt yourself. But just shoving down on it might create the fullness pressure

Also agree with above comment that slow fill makes it hurt more than rapid fill. Rapid makes me feel urgent, slow gives my muscles a chance to get tired while keeping control.

I agree pressing on the bladder has a feeling of hurt but not piercing, when I was a boy and wanted to pee but was holding on for longer in a desperate state pressing on the bladder helped, not now though,