Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Description: When a new player arrives, they start at block 0, 60, 0. They start with an empty inventory, no armor, no clothing, no resources, full health, no thirst or hunger, and an empty bladder. The world is open to their will. 

Goal: Depends on their reason for entering.

Player may leave only when their goal has been met. 

——————————————————

Day 1 - 0, 60, 0

Lauren opened her eyes to a new world around her. Large blocks of all colors, decorations, and arrangements encircled her as far as she could see. 

This was her new reality for the foreseeable future. It was overwhelming at first. 

Lauren had to work to slow her breathing and focus. She would have a considerable amount of time for panic later. She had to get started now. 

They say day 1 is the hardest day. There is more to accomplish with less resources on this day than any other. 

Lauren was inclined to believe this sentiment as she took stock of her situation. 

For starters, she was naked. Her toned, slim body curved down in front of her, not even a pair of skimpy knickers to impede her view. B cup beasts on either side sat mostly perky. 

As she started to look around, she realized the sun was moving fast. It was already fully up, the bottom visible. Time certainly moved fast here. And she was wasting it. She had a list to get through. She would need wood, a building table, hopefully a few rock tools, even more hopefully some flammable ore to build a torch, and at the end of the day, she’d need to dig a little hold in the side of a hill somewhere to spend the night safely. What a laundry list. 

Lauren’s first priority was to pick a direction. Standing at her starting location was getting her nowhere. 

To her left, she saw a large swamp off in the distance. To her right, mostly plains with sheer cliffs in the very far distance. Behind her she found a vast and largely barren looking dessert nipping at her heels. And lastly, directly in front of her, Lauren saw nothing but deep blue ocean. 

She could literally head any direct, even splitting the difference between two areas. But she had to get moving. 

Which way should Lauren head first? (It’s a crude looking home page, I know  I’m not very good at visual arts).

63D72871-028F-468C-995A-F15705423BA7.thumb.jpeg.f40bfa2684cecc0776ae0b28bd4f65d1.jpeg

Lauren was torn. 

Of course the ocean and desert were no place for her yet. But the swamp and plains both held promise. The temptation of cliffs was alluring, but she wasn’t sure she like reach them today. And getting stuck out at night in open plains felt foolish. Lauren decided following her first instinct into the swamp would be the best option. 

As she took her first step, she noticed the numbers in the corner of her visual field changed to 0, 60, 1. That seemed positive. 

She continued on until she reached her first tree - a dark oak with few leaves.

Lauren wasn’t sure exactly how to go about retrieving the resource, but she knew wood was the most important first resource. 

She reached out to touch the tree to gauge its firmness when a small circle appeared at the intersection of her hand and the tree. Inside that circle, an even smaller one was growing outward as each moment passed. 

Before Lauren could fully take in what was happening, the piece of wood she was touching evaporated into a tiny version of itself in front of her with a little “pop”. 

Once again, she reached out towards the mini oak piece, only to have it disappear as her hand drew near. 

Lauren had no idea where it went until she shook her hand, and suddenly was holding the mini wood piece. Another shake, and it was gone. 

She had figured out resource collection AND inventory! 

Without wasting further sunlight (already almost directly above her now), Lauren set to work collecting the rest of the wood the tree had to offer, played with her inventory until she had broken down some of the wood into planks and sticks, and created a building table. 

Lauren threw the miniature version of the building table in front of her where it expanded into the full size version. At the table, she created an oak axe, pickaxe, and shovel. 

With a good grasp on basics and inventory, Lauren played around with her tools a little, seeing how to collect resources with them (holding the tool to the resource she wanted to collect), and accrued some dirt, seeds and an oak sapling in the process. 

Pleased with herself, Lauren’s stomach dropped as the sky above her turned red. “Don’t get caught out at night” echoed through her mind. She had wasted too much time playing around. Evening was here. She had no torches for light, no safe place to call home for the night, no armor, not even any clothes still.... Nothing. 

How long was the day??? Lauren thought to herself. It couldn’t have been any longer than 30 minutes at best.

Entering a panic, Lauren froze and desperately tried to come up with a quick solution. 

She could:

A) Build a 1X1X2 dirt wall around herself. Just enough to stand in and keep her safe through the night. Not comfortable, but better than nothing.

B) Try digging down a little and maybe try to block herself in. It felt daunting, especially given she had no light source, but maybe it could work. 

C) Jump up and place dirt blocks under her. She’d see all the horrors the night had to offer, but at least she’d be able to sit at the top through the night. 

D) Face the night head-on. It was terrifying and she felt incredibly underprepared, but the other options didn’t feel fantastic either. 

DE022385-319D-40E4-90B2-C0395E7179A6.thumb.jpeg.434294b53b6fa0e381522cf92eb0c0a8.jpeg

Lauren looked around one last time. She was pretty well out of options. Sky scraping was the best option. Lest there be a night dwelling creature standing there waiting if she boxed herself in. And digging always ran the risk of not being able to get back to the surface. 

With that, Lauren placed a dirt block on the ground in front of her, hopping on top of it. She then placed two more, one on top of the other, hopping on top of the taller pile. 

Turing around, she rested the process until she had used all 12 of her dirt block, and was standing on a 6 block tall, 2 block wide platform. 

“This better be tall enough,” she whispered to herself, laying down just as the top of the sun disappeared and the bottom of the moon became visible. She cut that one too close. 

Lauren laid down flat on her back across her new platform and closed her eyes. 

The sounds started slowly, but creepily. She heard the legs first. So many legs. It sounded like two different kinds - 1 tall and awkward, bumping into the things. The other sounded low to the ground, stealthy. It sounded much more comfortable in its own body. 

She laid and listened to horrified moaning and far too many bones clattering against each other. 

And finally, which she believed worst of all, was a noise she couldn’t describe nor compare to anything else. What scared her about it though, was how it moved. It almost seemed to teleport short distances at a time. She could only imagine what art of nightmare-inducing creature was mere blocks below her. 

Finally, FINALLY, the moon began to set and she could see the top of the sun rising, washing over the swamp in a glory of red and orange. 

The night was probably the same length as the day - maybe a half hour or so, but it felt much longer. It would certainly be a much larger challenge to navigate. 

Just as Lauren stood to start collecting her dirt blocks and continue on her way, the entire world beneath her jerked in a sudden shock wave explosion. 1 large “boom!” directly beneath her. 

She didn’t feel injured. Nor was she bleeding. But sure enough, her health STAT in the corner of her vision had dropped a bit. 

Shaken, Lauren waited until the bottom of the sun was fully risen before she started digging down. Unfortunately, she didn’t realize the explosion had caused several blocks beneath her to crumble, and she took a short fall. 

Once again, her HP took an equally small hit. But it decreased nonetheless. 

On the flip side, she collected a number of rock blocks from the area. 

Lauren couldn’t help but wonder what had happened as she continued on the same direction she had started in yesterday through the swamp. She collected a few materials here and there. Things she believed might be useful. 

She even began constructing the most basic and simple creations. Things she knew she needed and could make like a building table and furnace  

Until she came across a distinctly not-naturally formed structure.  It was a large rectangle building with a wooden door and windows. It looked quite pleasant and there had been some grounds keeping done to the surrounding area. 

“Hi there!” Came a high pitched voice to Lauren’s right. 

Behind a large bush, emerged a skinny brunette woman, probably a few years older than Lauren, clad in roughly cut leather top and skirt. 

“Hi!” She said again, walking toward Lauren. “I’m Amanda!” 

“Uh, hi!” Lauren replied, shaking the woman’s hand. 

“It’s nice to meet you!” Amanda continued on, turning her back toward Lauren as she started walking toward what Lauren could only assume was her house. 

“It’s been so long since anyone has passed through here. A lot of people lately seem to be heading towards the cliff to start their first day here.”

Amanda opened the wooden door and entered the house, leaving Lauren to assume she was also welcome inside. 

Once through the doorway, Amanda shut the door and took a long look at Lauren, who felt increasingly self conscious as she stood in the middle of the room, bluffly nude. 

“I don’t have much left to offer anymore,” Amanda started, finally breaking her gaze and bending down to fumble through a wooden chest. “But you’re welcome to these,” She continued, holding a pair of off-white and blue polka dot women’s underwear. 

“They’ve certainly seen better days, but they’re freshly washed and better than your  current clothing choice. 

Lauren graciously immediately accepted, tugging them on quickly. It would never have been her first choice, but beggars and choosers and all that. 

“I suppose we should get started then,” Amanda once again started. “Time is quite short, and it looks like night is once again upon us.”

Amanda will start with:

A) Explaining as much as she knows about the world around them

B) The down and dirty basics, just enough to get going

C) Letting Lauren take a quick rest. It’s been an eventful day and a half (1.5 hours)

D) Only the most important information. Lauren can then choose how to handle things from there

E) Other

50C6CD98-DA72-4C37-82E3-99D7690EFFA2.jpeg

Night 2 - 14, 60, 104

”Um, get started with what?” Lauren asked. “I’m sorry, I’m really new. This is only my second day here,” 

“Of course,” Amanda responded kindly. “No worries. That’s actually the reason I’m here.”

Amanda sighed kindly, sitting down on a bed on the right side of the room. She motioned for Lauren to sit on the bed on the left side. 

“I suppose I should start at the very beginning,” Amanda began. 

“This is a bad place. It’s marketed as peaceful, calming. But there’s a lot more to it.”

”You mean like the creatures at night?” Lauren asked. 

“No,” Amanda answered solemnly. “Of course those are no prize. But no.”

”I mean in the sense of why we’re here. I’m not sure what you know, but this is a land of punishment. This entire world, all of it, all around us.... It’s sole purpose is similar to the old concept of jail. People who break the rules are sent here.”

”Except you don’t just get to sit around like with jail. You have to survive.”

”And not just survive the dangers that exist here. No. You have to achieve something. The worse your crime, the harder they make your goal.”

”Most people don’t have it too bad,” Amanda explained. “Things like ‘obtain X amount of resources’ or ‘Reach X destination’. Easy things.”

”What’s your goal to get out?” Lauren asked. 

“Thank you for not asking my crime,” Amanda initially answered. “My exit goal is to assist 100 people in settling into this world and getting some basic knowledge and skill. You’re number 99.”

”Congratulations,” Lauren offered. 

A small smirk formed in the corner of Amanda’s mouth. “Thank you,” she said softly. 

“The Leaders felt that having people who have some skills to survive here is more marketable than a bunch of instant deaths,” Amanda continued. “Everything here is a live feed online. That’s how they make money to keep the program moving.”

”That’s disturbing,” Lauren answered, suddenly more uneasy about her recent significant and public nudity.

”It is, but it can play to some skill sets as well,” Amanda said  “There’s a group that likes to commit small to medium nuisance crimes. They get in an ‘speed run’ whatever their goal is.”

Amanda shook her head. “It’s truly atrocious .”

“May I ask what your goal is? Maybe I can better tailor what I show or teach you?” 

“It’s um.... It’s a big one,” Lauren softly admitted. “I have to go to the Endlands.”

Amanda paused for a moment. “So you need to travel a far distance? Like a certain number of blocks? We can certainly work on that!”

”No,” Lauren refuted. “I have to specifically reach the Endlands.” 

“That’s impossible,” Amanda argued. “Physically not possible. They don’t exist. They’re just a myth.”

”Myth or not... That’s my goal. So I have to try,” Lauren said. 

“Even if they exist, which I’m not saying they do,” Amanda began.” “They’re somewhere around 10 or 15 million blocks away! It would take you ages to walk there. You’d still probably never even get close!”

”I don’t have any other choices,” Lauren shrugged. “That’s my exit goal. I have to try.”

Amanda laid down on the bed for a few moments. Lauren was beginning to think she fell asleep when finally she said, “At first light, we’ll see what we can do to get you heading in the right direction.” 

Lauren also laid down. For the first time since she arrived, her body gave her a signal of discomfort. Of course she was sore from all the movement and her fall earlier. But she specifically was starting to feel a pressure in her lower belly. She was starting to need to pee. 

Nothing she could do about it now. Amanda was softly snoring in her bed. Daylight was probably another 20 minutes away. There was no obvious bathroom or place to go in the house. She’d just wait for now. 

She tried to ignore the feeling for now. Instead, she focused on what she wanted to learn tomorrow. Specifically, she wanted to learn:

A) Better resource obtainment

B) Rock and ore mining 

C) More advanced building

D) Night time survival skills

5F89BA6D-317B-43A5-8479-D9E66A9C30BA.jpeg

Day 3 - 14, 60, 104

Lauren had just started to drift off. In more of a thick haze of consciousness rather than actual sleep when she was loudly torn back to reality by Amanda. 

“Good morning new friend!”

Lauren managed a grumbled “morning,” in response as Amanda continued. 

“I’ve thought about it and I think I have a plan. Today we’re going to work on resource obtainment and management and tonight I’ll introduce you to night survival.”

Lauren shook the rest of the tiredness out of her head and replied, “Sounds good.”

Amanda led the way out of the house, starting, “You’re inventory is 25 spaces large. Each space can hold 99 of the same resource, or 1 tool. For example you can have 99 dirt, or 1 pickaxe.”

”Makes sense,” Lauren replied, trying to keep up with Amanda who was setting a blistering pace. She was glad to have such a dedicated mentor, but she’d have to try to find a down moment to ask about the bathroom. 

“With such limited space, you have to make everything count,” Amanda plowed ahead. “So take wooden resources for example. There’s wood blocks from different trees. Each type of wood takes a different space. Then you’ve got wooden planks, and finally sticks. That’s a lot of space if you just take a haphazard approach.” 

Amanda pulled a rock axe out of her inventory and handed it to Lauren. 

“But,” She continued. “If you only collect the same type of wood, and leave it in block form until you need it, you’re only filling up 1 inventory space for 396 planks or 1,584 sticks.”

”And then I just make them as I need them,” Lauren agreed. “That makes a lot of sense.”

”Travel light and smart,” Amanda confirmed, encouraging Lauren to collect some oak wood from the area before they continued. 

The day moved on largely in the same fashion. Lauren learned about smelting her ore quickly to avoid wasting inventory space, and using the lowest resource tools necessary. No use collecting rock with a valuable resource pickaxe. 

“Chests are only good if you’re going to return to that place,” Amanda moved on to explain in the afternoon. “Since you’re only heading in one direction, likely to never return, they’ll only be good to you if you stop somewhere for a few days.”

She paused for a moment after she finished her thought, looking right at Lauren. 

“Are you okay?” She asked. 

“What? Uh, yeah. I’m fine. Why do you ask?” Lauren asked, genuinely confused. 

“I don’t know,” Amanda started off. “You’re just kind of standing a little firmly, but you’re really fidgety this afternoon.”

”Oh,” Lauren squeaked out, her face turning bright red. She hadn’t thought it was noticeable at all. She didn’t have to go THAT badly yet. At least she thought she didn’t. 

“Um. I just kind of need to use your restroom,” She sheepishly admitted. “I didn’t see yours last night.”

Amanda mulled over her next words for a few seconds, confusing Lauren further. What was there to think about? She just had to pee. Surely that couldn’t be THAT confusing to Amanda.

“When were you scared?” Amanda asked, taking Lauren aback.

”What... What do you mean? What does that have to do with anything?” Lauren started losing her cool. Why was she being so cryptic?

“Time moves differently here,” Amanda started. “I know you’re aware of that. Every day / night cycle is only about an hour of real time. But that’s not the only thing that behaves differently.”

“Thirst, hunger, need to sleep... That all moves consistently slower as well,” Amanda continued. That’s why you’ve been here for 3 days and still barely need to eat or drink anything.”

”The reason I asked when you were scared,” Amanda began to finish, “Is because each basic human bodily need is directly sped up by a particular emotion or event.”

”For example, your thirst will increase dramatically in the desert regions. Equally, your hunger increases much faster when you’re running or swimming.”

”So your bladder fills up faster when you’re scared?” Lauren chimed in. 

“Exactly,” Amanda confirmed.

”Well. I was terrified the first night,” She admitted. 

“There’s our culprit!” Amanda chimed.

”Especially when whatever it was that blew up in the morning.”

”Ah, I see you’ve experienced an EGG,” Amanda explained.

”EGG?” Lauren asked. “Eggs explode here?”

Amanda chuckled. “No! It stands for Exploding Green Guys. They’re like tall green awkward beings with 8 legs that blow up when you’re close to them.” 

“Now I’m actually really scared for tonight,” Lauren admitted, thinking about her experience on the first night.

”Well..” Amanda started. “I suppose we’ll take a trip out to the toilet tomorrow morning....”

”What do you mean ‘trip out to’?” 

“Its far too late in the day to make it there and back...” Amanda continued.

”What do you mean? How far is it?” 

“About 500 blocks that way,” Amanda answered, pointing in the direction Lauren had previously been heading.

”What!?” Lauren exclaimed. “That’s so far! How do you live like that? Why don’t you just obtain it with like a pickaxe or something and bring it here? What am I supposed to do until then? Don’t you have to go?”

“Slow down,” Amanda eased. “One question at a time. 

“It is quite far, I’ll give you that,” Amanda began answering. “But I don’t have much choice in the matter. This is a very old world, and there are relics and ruins scattered everywhere. That is the closest ruin that has a toilet that I’ve found.”

”Can’t you just obtain it with a pickaxe or something like everything else?” Lauren asked. “Then you could have it here.”

”Unfortunately, no. There are certain things that require a tool that has had a magical spell placed upon it. It’s a more advanced process that requires high level experience and much more rare resources than I have.”

”So I make the trip out there about every week and a half or two weeks,” Amanda continued. “I typically lead a rather stress free life here. I feel quite safe. Which ultimately means my bladder fills at a slow, baseline level.”

”I also wait until I really question if I’ll be able to make the trip dry,” Amanda admitted. “I wait until the last possible morning to leave. Otherwise it feels like all I’m doing is making the hike to the toilet.”

”To answer another of your earlier questions, yes, I do have to go to some extent right now. I feel that pressure building. If I were alone, I’d hold it for another few days. Since I’m going out there with you tomorrow anyway, I’ll certainly be taking advantage of the relief.”

Lauren thought on that for a moment. “Maybe we shouldn’t cover night survival tonight? It seems like a bit of a risk.”

Amanda will answer:

A) They have such a short time together, they should do it regardless of risk to increased bladder pressure

B) They can get some rest / sleep tonight. It’s a long walk tomorrow

C) They can cover mining resource obtainment tonight. To play it safe

D) Other

A317F1F6-297E-48B4-A799-73DCAF26F7E8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Night 3 - 14, 70, 104

Lauren listened intently as Amanda pointed out and described each of the night creatures, as well as their realistic frequency. 

She pointed out an EGG early on, adding to Lauren’s sense of dread. THAT’s what was so close to her on the first night???! AND IT EXPLODES! Terrifying.

Then there was skeletons that shoot bows and arrows, zombies (the moaning she heard on the first night), HUGEEE spiders (she was NOT a fan of those in particular), as well as the description of a few more beings that had less frequency in this particular area. 

As the moon finally began to set and the first few rays of glorious morning sunlight began to shine, Lauren reflected on her night. 

She had learned a lot. Sitting atop Amanda’s roof with her and learning about the night creatures and how to fight them helped ease some of her anxieties. Of course talking about how to fight them, and actually doing so we’re two very different things. 

During a lull in the action, Amanda was even nice enough to discuss a few intricacies behind making livelihood items. 

In all, Lauren was quite glad and thankful Amanda had shared all this information. It was a night well spent. 

A night well spent, with a significant amount of fear, that was. Lauren was aware of her need to pee at the start of the night. She now couldn’t think of much else. 

It was the pressure that really made her focus on her predicament. The entire lower half of her belly felt full and heavy. In particular, she felt a spot, right at the base of her bladder, just above where her urine would soon come out, that seemed to emanate a stronger pressure than anywhere else. 

No matter how she stood or moved. Nothing helped. It was all just varying levels of pressure. 

Amanda was in the main room of the house as Lauren gingerly climbed down from the roof. “Can I ask you something?”

“I encourage it,” Amanda happily replied. 

“ It’s umm... It’s super embarrassing,” Lauren started. “But do you ever, you know... water a tree?”

“That’s... Not embarrassing,” Amanda answered largely confused. “The landscaping and greenery here doesn’t require any maintenance.”

”No,” Lauren almost chuckled. “I mean, since the toilet is so far away, if you really have to go, do you ever just, ya know, pop a....”

”NO!! No, no, no!” Amanda cut Lauren off. 

She collected herself for a moment before continuing. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to cut you off so rudely like that. It’s just...”

Amanda sighed, pausing for a long moment. “I had a male individual stay with me for a few days early on in my time here. Similarly to you, he had had a rough first couple days, and needed to relieve himself. I didn’t have to go, but was happy to show him to the toilet, but he offered to just ‘water a tree’ as you phrased it. I thought nothing of it, honestly. It was actually kind of convenient since then we didn’t have to waste a full day in travel.”

”That night though,” Amanda continued, a scared look forming on her face. “They all came. Every night beast within a thousand blocks must’ve all descended upon my little home here. I don’t know if they could smell it, or why they came, but every single space one could possibly be, they were. The windows were almost entirely blocked out by spiders crawling over the entire house. EGGs blew up my entire lawn. I lost count of how many actually exploded after a couple dozen.... It was awful.”

Amanda chuckled for a second. “Worst of all, we ended up having to take a trip to the toilet the very next day anyway after being so scared all night.”

”Right,” Lauren offered after giving Amanda a second to finish reflecting. “Don’t pee outside. Got it.”

”In that case though,” she continued. “We really need to get going.”

”Of course,” Amanda confirmed. We’ll leave as soon as the sun is fully up and the night creatures are all gone. Maybe a few more minutes.” 

Lauren groaned inwardly. She knew Amanda was right. But somehow, the added pressure of making sure she didn’t accidentally leak or have an accident outside made her need to go even more. And every delay like this was not helping. 

“In the meantime, how about we start discussing how to set up quick and strong temporary shelters for when you’re on the move,” Amanda offered.

Amanda will:

A) Accidentally lose track of time while taking and put them behind on their trip, potentially getting caught out at night.

B) Accidentally lose track of time while talking and try to postpone their trip another entire day (may contain some wetting content).

C) Accidentally lose track of time while talking and offer some insights as to how she has managed full bladders without the ability to reach the toilet while in this world (will contain some wetting content).

A6C2E81D-5E57-4557-8938-A1C1E9D652EE.jpeg