Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ladies, which way do you sit on the toilet?

This is something I’ve been curious about for some years.

I’d never really considered there was any other way to sit other than the usual back to the wall, feet on the floor, facing into the room way. But one day I met a lady and she came back to mine. She used the bathroom and sat on the toilet facing the wall! Her knees were either side of the toilet bowl against the wall. I’d never seen that before and I was quite taken aback. I’ve never seen that before or since.

She was of Asian origin, not sure if that is relevant.

Does anyone else do this?

Any other weird ways of sitting on the toilet?

I definitely think the people who sit on the toilet backward are in the minority and maybe it is a cultural thing because I know in Asia they have squat toilets where the people usually toilets facing forward like that, which from our perspective would be in reverse I guess.

I have actually tried it once or twice out of curiosity but it was so uncomfortable and it just seems like it was not meant for that at all. Although sometimes if I am in a space where there is room I will turn to the side on the toilet or something like that, but generally speaking I sit on the toilet the typical Western way facing forward with legs apart.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

I definitely think the people who sit on the toilet backward are in the minority and maybe it is a cultural thing because I know in Asia they have squat toilets where the people usually toilets facing forward like that, which from our perspective would be in reverse I guess.

I have actually tried it once or twice out of curiosity but it was so uncomfortable and it just seems like it was not meant for that at all. Although sometimes if I am in a space where there is room I will turn to the side on the toilet or something like that, but generally speaking I sit on the toilet the typical Western way facing forward with legs apart.

This reminded me of an ex-girlfriend who couldn't pee at all if her thighs were apart. Not good news for me trying to get a look at the good stuff.

Thinking about it, I had another girlfriend who could go if her knees were bent - she used to sit on the toilet with her legs sticking straight out in front! Now I'm wondering what other curious peccadillos some ladies have.

I do consider it interesting how people have different stances when it comes to using the toilet. It's also interesting in that a guy would traditionally pee standing up facing the toilet whereas a woman has her back to the toilet. I had often thought that the toilet the way it was designed was designed for men peeing from the front and that is what prompted me to try what it would be like, but it's just not made for women peeing forward, it's meant for women to be sitting back whereas men are leaning forward. Once again it's interesting the difference a couple of inches of tubing can make.

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I do consider it interesting how people have different stances when it comes to using the toilet. It's also interesting in that a guy would traditionally pee standing up facing the toilet whereas a woman has her back to the toilet. I had often thought that the toilet the way it was designed was designed for men peeing from the front and that is what prompted me to try what it would be like, but it's just not made for women peeing forward, it's meant for women to be sitting back whereas men are leaning forward. Once again it's interesting the difference a couple of inches of tubing can make.

I think a Western toilet is meant to be used sitting. We men just use it the other way around because it is possible - because of our tubing, like you said. For us it is just some bowl or a hole we can pee in. But rather inconvenient because we have to stoop to lift a lid up and then aim towards a target way below.

It's urinals that are made for men peeing forward standing. With a "wall" in front, stretching upwards where you can just freely pee against without much aiming.

1 hour ago, DespLoveDennis said:

I think a Western toilet is meant to be used sitting. We men just use it the other way around because it is possible - because of our tubing, like you said. For us it is just some bowl or a hole we can pee in. But rather inconvenient because we have to stoop to lift a lid up and then aim towards a target way below.

It's urinals that are made for men peeing forward standing. With a "wall" in front, stretching upwards where you can just freely pee against without much aiming.

With those old fashioned trough urinals reaching from floor to chest height you don’t really need to aim at all!

This is making me think of that old South Park episode where sitting backwards on the toilet is said to be the correct position to use it in. 

11 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I think they were more designed with sitting in mind since they aren't only meant for peeing like urinals are, and I don't think anybody can manage a standing poo facing forwards and actually get anything into the toilet. 

3 hours ago, DespLoveDennis said:

I've never found it to be inconvenient to lift the lid/seat or aim. But, I'm pretty short so the "target" isn't that far below for me. I've always been pretty grateful to be able to go standing up easily, since I don't end up needing to take my clothes all the way down, and can aim away from the water to make less noise if I want. 

Maybe she came from another country where squat toilets are common, and thought that was how you were supposed to use a non-squat toilet?

I've read a few stories about women from countries with only squat toilets doing stuff like squatting on top of the toilet seat the first time they had to use a non-squat toilet because they didn't realize you were supposed to sit on it.

I sit like in the drawing, since I can remember and since I have memory of it. And I can't imagine sitting other way.

I was going to explain with text but I realized it was easier with a drawing, so I did a random girl drawing. XD

I think it's because if I sit the "more traditional way" with the feet in front and back in the base of the toilet, for me it's very uncomfortable because my butt has always been small, and there's an enormous space on the bowl for me, so I feel I'm going to fall inside the toilet. And believe me, it's not an agreable thing to feel when you're trying to do your pysiologic needs!

toilet.jpg

Edited by Cephy (see edit history)

@Cephy

"I think it's because if I sit the "more traditional way" with the feet in front and back in the base of the toilet, for me it's very uncomfortable because my butt has always been small, and there's an enormous space on the bowl for me, so I feel I'm going to fall inside the toilet. And believe me, it's not an agreable thing to feel when you're trying to do your pysiologic needs!"

I like that picture and reminds me of this girl in high school who was really small that I knew and I once recall her saying that she didn't like sitting on the toilet because her ass was so small that you couldn't sit on the toilet without falling in, and she had to hold on. There must be really inconvenient. Luckily I have always had the opposite situation, my ass is nice and big and fat so there is no chance of me falling in the toilet when I sit down!

10 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Cephy

"I think it's because if I sit the "more traditional way" with the feet in front and back in the base of the toilet, for me it's very uncomfortable because my butt has always been small, and there's an enormous space on the bowl for me, so I feel I'm going to fall inside the toilet. And believe me, it's not an agreable thing to feel when you're trying to do your pysiologic needs!"

I like that picture and reminds me of this girl in high school who was really small that I knew and I once recall her saying that she didn't like sitting on the toilet because her ass was so small that you couldn't sit on the toilet without falling in, and she had to hold on. There must be really inconvenient. Luckily I have always had the opposite situation, my ass is nice and big and fat so there is no chance of me falling in the toilet when I sit down!

Hehehe! Yeah that's what happens to me too! Sitting in the front toilet side there's a big space on the back of the toilet! I think that's cool you have a butt that fits well on the toilet!

I'm a guy, but I have been to some places where they had ill designed stalls.  I have had to sit sideways on a toilet before because the toilet paper dispenser was over the toilet seat on one of the sides and I couldn't get my leg beneath it to go.  The other side of the stall had plenty of room, but for whatever reason, they decided to install the TP dispenser on that side.