Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Oblivious Desperation/First Pee

There was briefly a TV series called Kyle XY in which the eponymous character sort of just appeared outside of Seattle with no knowledge, but with a teenaged body.  He is also the narrator of the story.  In one episode, he is complaining about a pain in his abdomen which gets stronger and stronger, until he has an accident, which accident was the first time he'd ever peed.

1 hour ago, SoggyShorts said:

There was briefly a TV series called Kyle XY in which the eponymous character sort of just appeared outside of Seattle with no knowledge, but with a teenaged body.  He is also the narrator of the story.  In one episode, he is complaining about a pain in his abdomen which gets stronger and stronger, until he has an accident, which accident was the first time he'd ever peed.

Any idea which epidode?

On 4/11/2021 at 3:37 AM, SoggyShorts said:

1996-2001 there was a TV series called 3rd Rock from the Sun.
It was comedy series and the idea was that "A group of aliens are sent to Earth, disguised as a human family, to experience and report life on the third planet from the sun." (Internet Movie Database)

If I don't remember totally wrong, in that series had a very similar moment.
One of the person learned somehow (I don't remember how) that people have to pee and she/he commented something as "so this pain in my lower body is caused by that?" or something similar.

Edited by WilllB (see edit history)
5 hours ago, WilllB said:

1996-2001 there was a TV series called 3rd Rock from the Sun.
It was comedy series and the idea was that "A group of aliens are sent to Earth, disguised as a human family, to experience and report life on the third planet from the sun." (Internet Movie Database)

If I don't remember totally wrong, in that series had a very similar moment.
One of the person learned somehow (I don't remember how) that people have to pee and she/he commented something as "so this pain in my lower body is caused by that?" or something similar.

Could somebody find the episode?

5 hours ago, desperation_fan said:

This is a concept I've toyed with, but never explored. I had the idea of fairy tale characters being extracted from their stories into the real world and not understanding the concept of urination.

There was kind of a scene like that in Stephen King's short story Umney's Last Case. (Spoilers) An author becomes disillusioned by his life and so trades places with the main character in the series of novels he writes (Umney). Umney finds himself in the body of his creator and in the real world. There is a brief mention that he wet himself, because there had never been a scene in any of the novels where Umney took a leak, so he didn't even know that was something he'd have to do. 

I can't be sure, but I seem to remember that in Star Trek: The Next Generation, there's an episode where Q (an omnipotent astral being) is punished by his continuum by becoming a mortal human, which he's obviously never done before. They touch a few times on him suddenly experiencing human problems, like back pain, and hunger, and for some reason I think I remember them mentioning him having to learn what the bathroom is. might be worth a watch. well, star trek is always worth a watch lol

EDIT: ST-TNG, S3 Ep13 "Deja Q"

Edited by DakotaDriver
episode (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
15 hours ago, John said:

Elfen Lied had a great omo scene like you described in the first episode 15 min or so in. She feels pressure and is confused and falls to the ground, and lets it all flow out

I thought that was less "not knowing she had to pee," and more "can't communicate that she has to pee." Looking back, she couldn't hold it for longer than a second, so you're probably right about it being her first time.

I really like this concept too, but it's not one I've seen often. I have read one story in the past on ao3 that was of Castiel from Supernatural experiencing this, but that's about all I've come across.

I really like the idea of a non-human character having to learn about human bodily functions and not fully understanding them when they happen. There's something kind of cute/innocent about it. Like they experience the sensation of needing to pee but can't pin down what it is as nobody has thought to explain it to them, nor have they themselves thought to ask, and it eventually just happens out of the blue and they have no idea what's going on. Bonus points if someone has to explain it to them afterwards/during or has to comfort them about their accident. Or they have to learn to control their bladder over time, sometimes forgetting it exists and being caught short. Or maybe they just get really annoyed about how inconvienent it is and try to put off going for too long, to the same effect. 

Another thing I like is previously human characters that transformed into something else without/with less physical needs then had to transform back into a human body and re-learn how to control their bladder. Since they've been out of the habit so long, I bet their holding ability would be weak and they often forget about their need as it was something they weren't used to dealing with anymore. 

This is definitely an underused idea with a lot of potential and I'd love to see more of it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...