Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Could interest in Omo weaken the bladder?

Have anyone else ever considered the effect Omo could have on the ability to hold when one needs to? Put differently, do you think the fetish opens someone up for more genuine accidents than someone with no interest in the fetish? 

It's something I've always wondered given the amount of stories I've seen here, while in the outside world, this is always something that I feel like just doesn't happen to people. Many subconsciously already do whatever they can to avoid the situation entirely, and even if they are in a desperate situation, they power through, possibly risking injury. 

Or, could it be the other way around? Where it's really just those who may struggle more to hold it than the average population end up developing the fetish. 

I imagine is varies from person to person, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Hmm. See, my instinct is to say no. Because that's not really how bodies... work? But---

But I definitely understand that there is some correlation. I think the correlation though is that people who are turned on by omo are often also turned on by holding and likely to push themselves a bit. Sometimes this results in an accident because they simply misjudged how much longer they could handle something, or things outside their control pushed them over the time they could safely hold.

Then, of course, there is the fact that holding too long can weaken your ability to hold later. There is damage that can be done by holding too long, or by pushing yourself into having accidents repeatedly by waiting until you literally can't wait anymore. I think the combination is likely what leads to this. 

The other potential factor, of course, is that people with weakened ability to hold (over active, small, etc) may be drawn to the community because they are able to find some common ground with the members of it? 

Holding to your limits will temporarily weaken the bladder and doing so frequently can be the cause of bladder issues later in life. Those of us who enjoy this can certainly lead to more genuine accidents. Some of us with more bladder problems also probably have a larger chance of catching fun with it since it happens more frequently as well. Most people also have good bladder training and so while they can get very desperate, most of them won't wet themselves.

Edited by April Nine (see edit history)

While holding can temporarily weaken the bladder I guess it could stretch/increase holding ability longer term - although bladder issues are sometimes attributed to people who don't use the toilet "normally" (e.g. holding all day) for long periods of time.

On ABDL forums it does seem surprisingly common that people who like wearing nappies have ended up with genuine incontinence issues. Some of the stories are perhaps fantasies, but in reality there is perhaps an element of training it to happen or maybe just a sense of it being somehow meant to happen to them...

I know that when I am in a situation where I have no choice but to hold past the point of pain, I will be very sore and have to pee more frequently for the next several days. But, soon I'm back to my normal schedule, so it's just temporary because my muscles had gotten exhausted. 

When I hold it for fun, I don't go past the point of pain. And, while I do have to go more frequently the rest of the day after a hold, that's more because of the amount of water I drank still having to work through my system. I give myself a break after I've done a hold like that, and haven't noticed my bladder weakening as a result. If anything, I've found my capacity expanding. 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:01 PM, nappypants said:

On ABDL forums it does seem surprisingly common that people who like wearing nappies have ended up with genuine incontinence issues. Some of the stories are perhaps fantasies, but in reality there is perhaps an element of training it to happen or maybe just a sense of it being somehow meant to happen to them...

Well the thing is with nappies and even just here you have people asking straight up "How do I weaken my bladder to have genuine accidents" and yeah the first few times it can be fun but people dont seem to realise that if you intentionally become incontenenet it might stick around since youve undone years of training on your body

8 hours ago, Bisonwin said:

Well the thing is with nappies and even just here you have people asking straight up "How do I weaken my bladder to have genuine accidents" and yeah the first few times it can be fun but people dont seem to realise that if you intentionally become incontenenet it might stick around since youve undone years of training on your body

Yeah, that would be my worry. Like I do feel like repeated attempts at genuine accidents like that could lead to something mentally weakening one's ability to hold, not necessarily physically (though that could happen to, as pointed out in this thread).

There's kind of two sides to it, in this case. Where one involves permanent damage to one's bladder, and the other is a reprogramming of one's brain which could lead to one "letting go" way before they're at their proper physical limit. 

Yeah there are definitely two sides to it! And the nappy thing is not an aspect I really thought about, but there are definitely people who deliberately push and slowly train themselves to just... have accidents. And if they're successful then that's pretty much it unless/until they go through all the work of training back to being totally continent. Which, is way harder to do over a certain age in general because bodies just... don't learn as quickly. 

Also sometimes the *way* they train themselves to have those accidents can have lasting effects. I've seen people who do like lots of medications to basically up their need to "go" constantly and long term use of some medications like that can have their own effects.

But like, the mind is a Super powerful thing so it's certianly possible to just kind of psych yourself into stuff like that sometimes, so to say.

14 hours ago, Drip Drop said:

Yeah, that would be my worry. Like I do feel like repeated attempts at genuine accidents like that could lead to something mentally weakening one's ability to hold, not necessarily physically (though that could happen to, as pointed out in this thread).

There's kind of two sides to it, in this case. Where one involves permanent damage to one's bladder, and the other is a reprogramming of one's brain which could lead to one "letting go" way before they're at their proper physical limit. 

Agreed!

11 hours ago, AquaVitae said:

Once you train yourself to remove that block, then yes true accidents become more possible than before.

This definitely happened to me when I first started wearing real diapers at night instead of pullups, I started having more frequent wet nights and wetting more heavily.

When I was 15-16 I wet 3-4 times in a week and rarely leaked from a pullup, and now I wet almost every night. If I wore a pullup to bed now, I'd certainly overflow it. Some of that might be because of growth, but I think also that knowing subconsciously that I can wet and not face the discomfort of a wet bed means my brain lets go much more easily when I sleep.

Holding too long can cause UTI's, which can be very painful. They cause you to have the sensation of having to pee very often, which admittedly can be kinda fun if you have an omo fetish. However, since UTI's are dangerous (they can become deadly if untreated), I recommend against getting one on purpose or holding your pee for too long. It's better to just let it out so you can live to hold another day lmao.

https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/your-guide-urinary-tract-infections

https://www.healthandfitnessrapidly.com/2018/05/what-causes-uti-in-men-dangers-of-holding-to-your-pee.html?m=1

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/urinary-tract-infection/symptoms-causes/syc-20353447

I don't know the the percentage but there are a lot of people who have what is termed Overactive Bladder.  As I see it, these are people who are candidates for the Omorashi lifestyle but just don't know it.  Instead of learning to enjoy, they spend money on prescriptions and diapers or other such underwear, as well as worrying where the next restroom is.  I'm no doctor but I don't think holding will lead to Overactive Bladder.  You either have it or you don't.  After learning several years ago, that I have Overactive Bladder, I began searching to see if there are people like me and what they are doing.   I learned that needing to pee isn't a bad thing.  It 's enjoyable, a feeling of liberation, and can be sexually arousing.  The downside is, in everyday life, it's very difficult to find like minded people who you can interact with in person.  Also, in everyday life, there are too many situations where you can't let it flow when you want to, such as work and other social situations. I have a prescription for Overactive Bladder but  take it only when traveling, as that's a situation where I have the least control over what's happening.  In my case, holding won't cause my bladder to behave any differently.  

I don't have the fetish, but since joining the site because of my bladder control issues I've actually have had better success controlling my bladder, though at the same time it's like I'm 14 again and my brain is frequently forgetting the concept of bladder control. Mixed results since this is a community that offers positive feedback for this?

On 4/3/2021 at 2:23 AM, Barefoot247 said:

I don't know the the percentage but there are a lot of people who have what is termed Overactive Bladder.  As I see it, these are people who are candidates for the Omorashi lifestyle but just don't know it.  Instead of learning to enjoy, they spend money on prescriptions and diapers or other such underwear, as well as worrying where the next restroom is.  I'm no doctor but I don't think holding will lead to Overactive Bladder.  You either have it or you don't.  After learning several years ago, that I have Overactive Bladder, I began searching to see if there are people like me and what they are doing.   I learned that needing to pee isn't a bad thing.  It 's enjoyable, a feeling of liberation, and can be sexually arousing.  The downside is, in everyday life, it's very difficult to find like minded people who you can interact with in person.  Also, in everyday life, there are too many situations where you can't let it flow when you want to, such as work and other social situations. I have a prescription for Overactive Bladder but  take it only when traveling, as that's a situation where I have the least control over what's happening.  In my case, holding won't cause my bladder to behave any differently.  

You can wear diapers and enjoy it, as nobody around you has any idea you're answering the call of your overactive bladder in your pants 😉 

Since I enjoy the pain from having a very full bladder I won't give up that easily so I think it makes me less likely to have real life accidents.

The thing is that what turns me on the most is to genuinely lose control of my bladder while trying my best to hold it.

This has becomed very difficult to achieve as my bladder muscles strentegned.

I am not doctor but my experiences show that I have weakened bladder some few days after holding games. Usually 2-3 days. If it is not possible to have a pee games and I use WC as a usually peoples, after 2-3 days my bladder is not weakened and I can hold my pee for a long time.

So I do not have a long-term consequences but only short time consequences.

I cannot speak to the many aspects of holding- because I certainly enjoy the wetting more.   

For me, it's a brain thing, like a drug.

To be honest, I probably had been wet more days than not in 2020. My wettings slowed down a bit during the holidays, so I tried to lighten up in 2021. I made it about 90 days. Not a drop. I finally gave in on Monday. When I broke the seal, I couldn't stop; it felt so darn good. Since then, even if my bladder isn't full, I've felt  "rapid desperation".  To the point where I have to make multiple trips to the toilet within an hour. At the same time, all I can think about is how good it would feel to wet myself again.  I felt this same urge just minutes after I went in the toilet today. I decided to see if pee would come out if I just relaxed. With an empty bladder, I wetted a coin size amount of pee in my pants without effort.  What I am saying is, my brain just told my bladder that it was full- it was not. It was not difficult at all to start peeing.  I do not experience these sensations much during times I put effort in to staying dry. 

I fully believe it's an addition or habit like other things. I made it a few days since Monday, but decided to wet tonight. Didn't make it thought this post. My current situation will tell you that I probably won't make it another 9 days, nevermind 90! 

On 4/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, AquaVitae said:

Once you train yourself to remove that block, then yes true accidents become more possible than before. You can get downright Pavlovian with it, if you know what you're doing 😉

There's a certain place in my kitchen where I often relieve myself while making a drink, and on occasions I've had to stop myself with the realisation that I'm not wearing a nappy...

On 3/31/2021 at 8:15 AM, ascela said:

Hmm. See, my instinct is to say no. Because that's not really how bodies... work? But---

But I definitely understand that there is some correlation. I think the correlation though is that people who are turned on by omo are often also turned on by holding and likely to push themselves a bit. Sometimes this results in an accident because they simply misjudged how much longer they could handle something, or things outside their control pushed them over the time they could safely hold.

Then, of course, there is the fact that holding too long can weaken your ability to hold later. There is damage that can be done by holding too long, or by pushing yourself into having accidents repeatedly by waiting until you literally can't wait anymore. I think the combination is likely what leads to this. 

The other potential factor, of course, is that people with weakened ability to hold (over active, small, etc) may be drawn to the community because they are able to find some common ground with the members of it? 

Your last point is certainly true: a lot of the correlation is caused because people that got focused on their bladder because of some "problem" are at higher chance of getting this focus mixed with a sexual interest.

For me this is the case. I had a very small bladder capacity as a child, which caused my many accidents and lots of trouble at school. I got very focused on my bladder, but as a coping mechanism for the humiliation I began enjoying seeing OTHERS in desperate need. How did they handle that situation I had gotten so often into? Before I knew it this obsession was mixed with my sexual feelings, growing into a desperation fetish.

I still have a small bladder. I can live with it if I am careful with my drinking habits and toilet visits. But my limited holding capacity is not caused by omorashi, it's the other way around.

I think so. Most grown women rarely ever pee in their pants, so the idea of wetting themselves is not even on their mind when they have to go badly, so their mind and body will force their bladders to hold it until they finally burst and have an accident. On the flip side, if you've intentionally peed your pants a couple times a month for the past few years, your brain doesn't have that hurdle to jump over when you're desperate, so you might involuntarily lose your hold on your bladder and wet your pants sooner.

My source is me, my girlfriend, and one other girl. All of us began having more accidents after peeing ourselves on purpose a handful of times.

I think the same thing holds true for messing, although that's a bit different.

17 hours ago, Theonlysaneperson said:

I think so. Most grown women rarely ever pee in their pants, so the idea of wetting themselves is not even on their mind when they have to go badly, so their mind and body will force their bladders to hold it until they finally burst and have an accident. On the flip side, if you've intentionally peed your pants a couple times a month for the past few years, your brain doesn't have that hurdle to jump over when you're desperate, so you might involuntarily lose your hold on your bladder and wet your pants sooner.

My source is me, my girlfriend, and one other girl. All of us began having more accidents after peeing ourselves on purpose a handful of times.

I think the same thing holds true for messing, although that's a bit different.

That's interesting, as I do find that "hurdle" is still there, even when I wear nappies continuously for a period of time. There's this little hesitation, saying "Are you sure you want to do this in your pants" just before the release happens, and I sort of have to mentally confirm it!

If I'm desperate and not wearing a nappy/in a position to wet myself, I don't feel like it's any more likely I'll have an accident, the holding instinct is still just as strong in a situation where wetting would cause social embarrassment, damage to furniture etc.