Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

College accidents vs high school accidents

It is common sense that in general the younger you are the more likely it is to have an accident. However I think there is one expectation to the rule high school versus college. Many people get through high school without so much as an emergency. However due to the partying and alcohol fueled environment at college many of the same people have had multiple accidents during their college years.  I remember coming out of frat parties and seeing many girls running for the bushes or with tightly crossed legs in the Uber home from the bars. Without fail every Saturday and Sunday I would bump inti at least 3 people changing their sheets possibly from an alcohol fueled bed wetting. So do you guys agree with my hypothesis that a person is way more likely to suffer an accident during their college years as opposed to a high school student?

College accidents certainly seem a lot more frequent. At least where I went to High School, you did NOT want to be humiliated for any reason. So you would do everything in your power to ensure you didn't end up embarrassed. I wasn't lucky in avoiding accidents in both environments, but with college, people generally care a lot less than in High School where EVERYONE is worrying about being humiliated. 

I was never the party type and I don't drink alcohol so college wasn't an issue for me. But because of circumstances in high school when they locked all of the girls bathrooms there was a whole lot more desperation, where luckily in college there was plenty of time to use the bathroom between every class and you could leave during class to go to the bathroom like you couldn't in high school.

For me, college was much better, because in high school same kids that tried to make me pee my pants in junior high, also done that to me in high school. It was less successful, but still happened. If nothing else, bullying always worked. In college I had a few wetting accidents too, but were mostly related to alcohol at parties and didn't happen in the college itself. I had a few leaks due to nervousness, but people didn't notice that, because I was wearing incontinence pads when attending exams.

Did not have any accidents in college myself, but had a lot of desperate experiences since I was too anxious to make myself pee in public toilets. The closest I have come to a full-blown accident in my life happened in college. I forgot to pee before I left the house somehow and couldn't get myself to go at school. The journey back home was one of the most painful experiences of my entire life, and once I was safely in my own bathroom, I started to pee uncontrollably as I struggled to unzip. I mostly got it all into the toilet, but it was obvious enough that I hadn't completely "made it" that I needed to change.

I don't drink alcohol, so I never ended up getting desperate or having an accident because I was drunk. I did see a guy wet himself after passing out at a party, though. And there was one girl who I was talking to outside at a different party, who was really intoxicated and just all the sudden stopped and popped a squat barely a few feet away from me. I could hear her stream spraying really loudly, and had to fight not to look as my face kept heating up. I remember almost feeling jealous of how bold she was to do that, even though it was probably just because she was drunk. Here I couldn't go behind a locked stall door and with far less clothing to remove, yet she could just pee out in the open like that without a care. 

Despite not having an accident at college I did find myself in a lot more desperation scenarios. Most of which were alcohol fueled and ended with a drunken run towards the nearest bathroom or an extremely long bus ride back from the city centre. 

Also had desperation moments due to shared bathrooms in the early college days.

Broadly speaking nobody really cares at college vs high school, everyone tends to mind their own business a lot more than was the case in high school.

This was certainly true for me. I had quite some accidents as a kid, but by the time I was in high school I had learned how to live with my smaller bladder. I went to the toilet very regularly - during play time or pauses it was the first thing I did. I didn't go out much at that age too, so my life was pretty structured.

Entering the party scene during college was a total different story. On the one hand there was the beer that created more severe desperation, that could suddenly rise very quickly. At the same time there is not structured toilet access. There are so many scenarios where you suddenly have to wait: walking outside, driving home with a friend, on the bus home, at a party in such a tiny club that the toilet cannot be reached, etc.

And the problem is that you are not prepared for it. You learn from experience. Many desperate experiences.

Guest CanbeWonders

I mean, I've never had a real accident. At least not since being a very young child. I think I had a lot more close calls/desperate moments in high school though because a) teachers were less willing to let you go during class (and you had to ask them to leave which is embarrassing) and b) my highschool honestly just didn't have enough bathrooms and there were always long lines (especially during passing periods). 

If I drank/partied more maybe I'd have had more issues in college but I haven't had any accidents or super severe desperation (other than when I did so on purpose for omo reasons lol). Nor have I ever witnessed an accident on campus. So while I'm sure it's a thing at parties I don't think college campuses are just filled with wettings. 

• 2 years later...

I had many wetting accidents in both high school and college. In college, it usually involved alcohol and was always off campus. I was just unable to make it to a bathroom while on the subway or whatever. In high school there were many situations that prevented me from using the bathroom and once desperation hits, I don’t have much time before I start peeing. I don’t know how many accidents I had in high school but it was a LOT. I was “pissboy” to a whole crew of people. I kinda got off on the humiliation though. I gave me a kind of high.

I never had any accidents in high school, and don’t really remember being close to one in class, although I’m sure there were times where I badly needed to go before class ended. Although I did my share of partying in college, it never led to wetting myself or my bed, but I did have an accident during a final exam freshman year. I don’t know why, but I started needing to pee soon after the exam started, and it rapidly got worse over the first hour of two until I was desperate. We couldn’t leave the lecture hall during the exam, and I didn’t want to spoil my A by turning it in unfinished, so I tried my best to hold it. With half an hour left, I started leaking, and was noticeably wet by the time I finished. To avoid being seen in wet pants, I unwisely decided to sneak out of the exam room through the front (directly outside) and back to my room, rather than exit with most of the other students through the back where there was a bathroom in the hall. I couldn’t hold it on the walk back and had pretty thoroughly peed my pants by the time I reached my dorm. Fortunately, I was able to slip in without being caught by anyone I knew. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel this applies more to an American setting?

We don't have the same level of hyped up college-life here in the UK, with the frat houses and parties etc. It's not so much of an experience in that way, more of a relaxed version of school.

We got to go to the toilet freely as and when we needed without requiring permission from our tutors, so accidents were unheard of (although I heard two students talking about wetting themselves during my time in college, with one of them hysterically admitting to peeing himself at the back of the class 5 minutes earlier in his black chinos/jeans after a spontaneous urge he apparently wasn't able to control). 

For me, high school was the only time growing up that I had accidents myself. All of them genuine. All of them on my way home (except one where I didn't even make it out of the last lesson of the day). They happened very out-of-the-blue and a year apart from each other, on average. Thank god we have black school pants in the UK otherwise I'd never have gotten away with those accidents lol