Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are people more sympathetic toward women who have an emergency or an accident?

In general I think people are more understanding when a women’s bursting than a man. Often when a woman or a girl can’t wait anymore she gets sympathy and encouragement. While if a boy is having the same issue he gets questioned about his manliness and teased if he wets. Does anyone else think desperate women get more sympathy?

I think so. A few times when I was with some of my friends, got desperate and couldn't go, they ended up teasing me about it. But, on occasions when one of our female friends was in a similar situation, she wasn't teased or made fun of. Some of my friends don't really understand that my shy bladder is an actual, physical thing for me that won't allow me to pee, even in an emergency, if I feel nervous. Whereas, a woman having a hard time peeing outside, in a place where the only toilet is filthy, or in a place with very little privacy is more understandable to them because of anatomical differences. 

I think that that is sort of the societal expectation, the societal expectation is that men will just relieve themselves in most situations so it's kind of rare to see men desperate, and when you see men desperate you kind of wonder why they are holding on instead of finding some place to relieve themselves.

With a woman it's understood that she can't pee as easily in a lot of situations and that accidents sometimes happen more frequently with women for various reasons. I do think that people tend to be more sympathetic towards women who have to go to the bathroom or who end up having an accident because it's just more common than the other way around.

I agree and especially more so if a woman is pregnant. When I was pregnant in a public facing job throughout my pregnancy I had nothing but sympathy from the public when I clearly had to pee. 
Like others have said I also think there are elements of perceived differences n society that come into play too. Men are perceived as stronger, more professional and mature which isn’t actually always the case and other of our bodies need to pee frequently. I also think there are aspects of how easily peeing is for me and how quickly this can happen in relation to a woman. 
Finally I do think we have to remember menstration and the effect this has on a woman’s need to use a bathroom more which men don’t experience at all.

Having said all that I do love seeing a man desperate lol 

From what I have seen this is definitely the case in most places.  I have found that if a man is even just desperate to pee and it is noticeable people will usually mock him.  If he loses control he will definitely be mocked and looked at like something is wrong with him.  On the other hand a woman can be sitting there holding herself and shaking and everyone will just giggle it off.  I have seen the response to a woman wetting be as simple as "oh she wet herself"  like its just another day at the office.  I know this isn't the case everywhere but would be the common response where I'm from.