Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Aftermath of School Wettings

20 hours ago, benverona said:

In my primary school in 1950s England, some teachers were much stricter than others in allowing children to "be excused" from class. They said that we should make sure that we went to the toilet during playtime and that we had no excuse to need to leave the classroom during a lesson. This meant that, in some classes, wettings could be quite frequent when someone had forgotten to go to the toilet before the bell rang for classes to resume. In my memory this seemed to happen much more frequently to girls than to boys - but it could be that those are just the ones I remember! Does anyone else have the same thought?

I

I was referring to English primary school (age 5 - 11 years) rather than secondary (11-18 years). I went to an all boys secondary and I'm fairly sure that no boy ever wet himself there. I wouldn't know what did or did not happen in girls' schools or co-ed schools.  In  my primary school, though, wetting accidents were fairly common and it did seem to be girls more often than boys. Maybe it was that girls were more careless about making sure they used the tolilets at playtime or maybe it was that they were less good at holding on when they had forgotten and were refused permission to "be excused" as we called it.

I do remember that the girls' spare clothes were more varied than the boys'. Skirts and dresses of different colours and materials while the boys' spares were mainly grey shorts. I did sometimes wonder what the spare knickers were like but, of course, they were hidden!

Guest Despboy15

They never really had anything on standby for my schools, just a pair of pants in the lost and found at most. In preschool they had the option of bringing in a spare change of clothes in case, but it was not required. Once in kindergarten I wet myself because recess was right after lunch and of course I didn’t want to skip even a little bit of recess. The spare clothes were only for preschool, so I just got a pair of pants out of the lost and found. They were big on me so they gave me a belt too, but I didn’t know how to use belts so when I had to go again I spent ages tugging at it, but couldn’t get it off so I held it until I got home. From then on, there was really nothing. No guarantee of clothes so if you wet yourself you pretty much go home for the day. You can come back with changed clothes obviously, but do you really wanna come back and face all that humiliation?

In middle school I went to a private school with uniforms, so those were the spares. They were very strict on bathroom usage so they got used pretty often. They restricted it the most around lunch time, which meant  100+ boys bursting in line for 1 toilet, despite there being many more. If you were caught sneaking in, they would send you to the back of the line. I remember seeing a few people, including myself, having an accident in that line.

High school was pretty much the same except we got our uniforms from a private company rather than the school, so there were no spares that I know of. So if you had an accident, tough luck just go home.

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, EEin said:

Earlier I wrote about a high school wetting experience I had and this had me thinking about the aftermath of school wettings for either yourself or others.

For example in primary anyone who had an accident was supplied with the required clean clothes and depending on age would be offered assistance changing from a classroom assistant. At this age any sort of teasing was pretty much non-existent. 

In secondary school it was standard for parents to either drop off clean clothes or take them home depending on their choice. If their parents weren't available they were usually sent home on their own but I believe there was a small of supply of girls clothes which were probably in case of period incidents. Obviously in secondary school teasing was more common however in my experience it was limited to a handful of people but it was more common for more of the year to have a laugh/joke about it with me.

What was your experiences of it?

Hmm, for me, I either changed myself, or my mom changed me after school

I have vague memories of accidents in school. I remember early on as a kid I was too lazy to get up and use the bathroom, resulting in a lot of accidents, even at home. And I remember going home from school a few times with a bag containing wet pants, and my mom getting mad at me every time. 

There was this one time, either in kindergarten or first grade, when I had an accident. I don't remember exactly how it happened, probably the usual me not wanting to go to the bathroom and wetting myself, but I remember sitting on the floor in the nurse's office waiting for new pants, while I was wetting myself for some reason. There was a literal puddle that I was sitting on, and for some reason I just decided to sit there and play with an apple. I even put the apple in the puddle at one point. Eventually I was given new clothes and I changed into them, but I still don't know why I sat on the ground wetting myself. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, EEin said:

Earlier I wrote about a high school wetting experience I had and this had me thinking about the aftermath of school wettings for either yourself or others.

For example in primary anyone who had an accident was supplied with the required clean clothes and depending on age would be offered assistance changing from a classroom assistant. At this age any sort of teasing was pretty much non-existent. 

In secondary school it was standard for parents to either drop off clean clothes or take them home depending on their choice. If their parents weren't available they were usually sent home on their own but I believe there was a small of supply of girls clothes which were probably in case of period incidents. Obviously in secondary school teasing was more common however in my experience it was limited to a handful of people but it was more common for more of the year to have a laugh/joke about it with me.

What was your experiences of it?

Hmm, while I didn't see too many accidents growing up, IRC, accidents were taken care of via like, taking the student to the infirmary, and their parents called to bring fresh clothes.

I never had an accident in school, but it happened to some of my classmates - about equally boys and girls. We were a small school that didn’t have a full time nurse, but kids who had accidents were sent to the office (of the principal’s secretary), where they kept some spare clothes. One notable thing I remember is that on one occasion (in 1st grade), the teacher made the girl who wet herself clean up the puddle herself. I don’t have a clear recollection of how that was done on the other few occasions when someone wet themselves.