Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Something for omo content creators

There isn't an ideal platform for omo content creators to sell their content.  Sure, there are lots of options, but they all have their pitfalls.  Because of this, I have expanded a project that I embarked on to streamline publishing to my own sites, HD Wetting and HD Diapers, into a full platform to support multiple publishers.

This is still very much a work in progress, but I wanted to share a screenshot of the admin interface that content publishers will use.  If you have any questions, thoughts, or suggestions about this project, feel free to post them.

screenshot.jpg

• 1 month later...

Petition to remove the duplicate password field - rather, just have a show/hide password option if users want to check they got it right. If there's one thing I hate, it's sites that make me type in stuff like passwords/email twice. I feel like they're deliberately calling me dumb.

14 hours ago, Kez said:

Petition to remove the duplicate password field - rather, just have a show/hide password option if users want to check they got it right. If there's one thing I hate, it's sites that make me type in stuff like passwords/email twice. I feel like they're deliberately calling me dumb.

It is to help protect against typos.  This info is stored using a strong, one-way hashing algorithm, so there is no way to recover it if it is forgotten.  While it can be reset, if the information is entered wrong in the first place, resetting may not be possible.

18 hours ago, TVGuy said:

It is to help protect against typos.  This info is stored using a strong, one-way hashing algorithm, so there is no way to recover it if it is forgotten.  While it can be reset, if the information is entered wrong in the first place, resetting may not be possible.

Oh of course, passwords should always be hashed - but surely any content stored in a database can be overwritten/reset, even if it does mean slightly more effort to code up some form of email verification or 2FA as a security measure for it?

I just feel like in the current age of password managers and browser autofilling, having to re-type fields in sign up forms incase of typos is a little bit of a dated measure, to be honest - I think a show/hide option for the password field is better in terms of UX.

Edited by Kez (see edit history)
12 minutes ago, Kez said:

but surely any content stored in a database can be overwritten/reset, even if it does mean slightly more effort to code up some form of email verification or 2FA as a security measure for it?

Sure... But e-mail and 2FA only works if the info is correct to begin with.  So, the issue is how to make sure that there isn't a typo to begin with, so that you can use some form of 2FA to reset data.  Having the user type something twice, at signup when they first register as a way to protect against typos is a simple way  to remove possible errors.

Once a user is signed up, they won't have to type the password twice.  There will even be an option to set to remember their login, so they won't need to login again every time they visit the site.