Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Unusual Bathroom Design

@ashnacamon

"It was designed by a nudist colony. The glass serves to protect from water."

I feel like even nudists might like privacy in the bathroom. They may not be shy about having their bodies on display but they might feel shy about other people seeing them doing their business. But then again I guess you have to figure that maybe nudists are less shy about doing things like that in front of others as well. I'm just saying that just because you are nudist doesn't mean you would want to necessarily go to the bathroom in front of other people as well. Even nudists probably would want privacy sometimes.

21 hours ago, segaface said:

My parents' house had this in the master bath when I was younger. Eventually they had the carpet ripped out and had the floor re-done. It got loads of mildew because the carpet went around the toilet and sink and right up to the bathtub. I have no idea why the people my parents bought it from would have wanted that. 

I have a friend that's a trans-man. He has this thing (a prosthetic, I guess?) that helps him to pee standing, but he says he still prefers stalls because it's not always easy to use it through a zipper, and he's worried it won't look "real" enough if somebody glances at him. I'd be worried for his safety if he had to go somewhere that he wasn't given the option of extra privacy. 

Exactly my point! It's a huge risk to their safety! Well I'm glad he's got a friend like you around 

I would definitely feel really uncomfortable using a bathroom like that, especially if I would hear people walking around the house. I feel uncomfortable using a public bathroom when I have to use a urinal or even a stall that is not completely closed. Sitting on a toilet where every second someone could walk on you and see your private parts, is unthinkable.