Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Unusual Bathroom Design

Picture this: You're living in Boston and dating someone who confesses that they're nervous about bodily functions and can't go to the bathroom unless they're confident they have complete, absolute privacy. You take them back to your place for the first time, and this is the only bathroom you have available. For 900,000 dollars, you can make that dream a reality.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/302-South-St-2-Boston-MA-02130/67396361_zpid/?

open plan 1.jpg

open plan 2.jpg

Edited by ControlFreak
Forgot the link to prove it's real. (see edit history)
44 minutes ago, DrBorderline said:

Despite being a completely different style, this is vaguely reminiscent of that trend when bathrooms were carpeted instead of tiled, and it was thick shaggy carpeting at that. It's like the uncanny valley of bathrooms, or one designed by a neural network.

We had two carpeted bathrooms in the doublewide we once lived in. It was built in 1990, so I guess those were still a thing even back then. It was awful

I can't picture an actual bathroom like that existing and I have also had nightmares like many others here where I find myself in a bathroom but there is no privacy because the toilet has no doors or dividers or stalls or anything. I would have a very hard time using that to pee but especially if I had to poop though.

This actually makes me think of that episode of The Simpsons where Ned Flanders house was destroyed by a hurricane and his neighbors rebuilt it in crappy manner and then he found that there was like a toilet just in the middle of the kitchen next to his refrigerator and he was wondering what was the deal with that and Chief Wiggum was like, have you ever tried carrying a toilet up the stairs Ned?!

2 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

I can't picture an actual bathroom like that existing and I have also had nightmares like many others here where I find myself in a bathroom but there is no privacy because the toilet has no doors or dividers or stalls or anything. I would have a very hard time using that to pee but especially if I had to poop though.

This actually makes me think of that episode of The Simpsons where Ned Flanders house was destroyed by a hurricane and his neighbors rebuilt it in crappy manner and then he found that there was like a toilet just in the middle of the kitchen next to his refrigerator and he was wondering what was the deal with that and Chief Wiggum was like, have you ever tried carrying a toilet up the stairs Ned?!

I have a recurring nightmare where the men's room has multiple toilets in a stall, and doors from all directions. And when i get the courage to try to pee, i cannot, because there is always someone coming in through one of the doors so i clench up

@Legscrossed

"I have a recurring nightmare where the men's room has multiple toilets in a stall, and doors from all directions. And when i get the courage to try to pee, i cannot, because there is always someone coming in through one of the doors so i clench up"

In my case it's more just that the stalls don't have dividers or that the stalls are out in the open where you have toilets right next to each other where you are sitting literally ass to ass with other women and then I just can't go. And then sometimes there are men using the toilet as well which makes it even more awkward and embarrassing.

I have actually been in a situation like that once when I was a lot younger where there was sort of this outhouse or a communal pit where it was just sort of a plank with dividers between it and you were sitting on this plank with lots of other women and although you weren't touching ass to ass but if you looked into the hole you could see the asses of the women sitting next to you. The situation was made worse by the fact that when I was using that I ended up having to poop for a long time so probably a lot of women caught a glance of me doing my business! And the fact that I knew that they were watching me made it even harder to go.

I also have lots of dreams where I go to use the bathroom but there are only men's rooms available so I have to keep looking for one. And then there are other dreams where I open the stall and then it's just a floor with no bathroom or toilet whatsoever, and funny as I often mention one time I opened a bathroom stall instead of a toilet there was a camel standing there!

And then there are plenty of dreams where I need to pee and only urinals are available which I can't use cause I'm not a guy.

I think that these dreams sort of reflect my concerns. Finding only men's room probably reflects the fact that I work with male coworkers who can pee when I cannot or in high school where they locked the girls rooms but not the boys, and coming across urinals when I have to pee that I can use probably is a result of what I call "urinal envy". I like to say women don't have penis envy, we don't want penises, we just envy the convenience of urinals.

So I do think that I have analyzed these dreams probably too much but I can understand why I have them often. And the ones about no privacy just reflect the fact that I am a very private and shy person in general. I also have a fair number of dreams where I am naked in public!

Just now, DesperateJill said:

@Legscrossed

"I have a recurring nightmare where the men's room has multiple toilets in a stall, and doors from all directions. And when i get the courage to try to pee, i cannot, because there is always someone coming in through one of the doors so i clench up"

In my case it's more just that the stalls don't have dividers or that the stalls are out in the open where you have toilets right next to each other where you are sitting literally ass to ass with other women and then I just can't go. And then sometimes there are men using the toilet as well which makes it even more awkward and embarrassing.

I have actually been in a situation like that once when I was a lot younger where there was sort of this outhouse or a communal pit where it was just sort of a plank with dividers between it and you were sitting on this plank with lots of other women and although you weren't touching ass to ass but if you looked into the hole you could see the asses of the women sitting next to you. The situation was made worse by the fact that when I was using that I ended up having to poop for a long time so probably a lot of women caught a glance of me doing my business! And the fact that I knew that they were watching me made it even harder to go.

I also have lots of dreams where I go to use the bathroom but there are only men's rooms available so I have to keep looking for one. And then there are other dreams where I open the stall and then it's just a floor with no bathroom or toilet whatsoever, and funny as I often mention one time I opened a bathroom stall instead of a toilet there was a camel standing there!

And then there are plenty of dreams where I need to pee and only urinals are available which I can't use cause I'm not a guy.

I think that these dreams sort of reflect my concerns. Finding only men's room probably reflects the fact that I work with male coworkers who can pee when I cannot or in high school where they locked the girls rooms but not the boys, and coming across urinals when I have to pee that I can use probably is a result of what I call "urinal envy". I like to say women don't have penis envy, we don't want penises, we just envy the convenience of urinals.

So I do think that I have analyzed these dreams probably too much but I can understand why I have them often. And the ones about no privacy just reflect the fact that I am a very private and shy person in general. I also have a fair number of dreams where I am naked in public!

The camel dream is funny.

My most recent dream was that i needed to pee, and went to a men's room with no stalls at all. And there were women in there. I had to go really bad in the dream, so i went ahead and used a urinal while they ridiculed me. Weird dream. I woke up and had to quickly make my way to the bathroom to actually pee. Woke up bursting

On HGTV I've seen a number of homes with no door between the master bedroom and bathroom.  Some have the toilet in a separate compartment with a door, but I remember one where the toilet was right out in the open.  I've also seen frosted glass used in bathroom door and wall panels where a person using the toilet would be quite visible at least in outline.  Some homes have squeezed in a powder room for guests right next to the dining table or kitchen workspace, so every tinkle could be heard.

Re carpeting in the bathroom, that was a fad that I've seen in a number of homes that are being renovated..  Gross!

@Legscrossed

I can see how a guy would get pee shy in a situation like that, although if I were in that dream I wouldn't be ridiculing you, I would just be really jealous that you had urinals and we had nothing! But at least when men have urinals they usually have dividers don't they you, where you could always use stalls if you are shy about it.

Fortunately other than that one time or so at that outhouse I have never actually had to sit ass cheek to ass cheek with other women on a toilet with no stall doors.
Once when I was in a psychiatric hospital they didn't have doors on the stalls and just had shower curtains, and one other time when I went on a school trip they also had this really disgusting bathroom with sort of ripped shower curtains instead of stall doors, and that was kind of difficult to use, but when you gotta go you gotta go!

I have been very bladder shy in pubic using rest rooms. I cant go with a lot of guys looking at me or around men when I am at urinal in public. I wont be able to go with no dividers and men looking at me. It has been better for me to use a stall in public. I wont be able to go if no door to stall and men looking at me. I would try to close my eyes and try to let go. 

I remember when I had an overnight stay in a so-called design hotel and there was a clear glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom. So while you were lying on the bed, you could see straight into the shower. Mind you, it was a double room! If you wanted to see the toilet from the bedroom, you had to look through the glass from a very awkward angle though, so at least that offered you a little bit of privacy.

I stayed there with the wife and she loved that setup. Actually she peed into white panties in that shower while I was watching her through the window. She knows that I'm into pee, but doesn't know I'm into wetting - so I was surprised when she came up with that on her own. Needless to say, this was a very sexy weekend trip.

8 hours ago, Viridis said:

Who in their right mind would put carpeted floor in a bathroom?!

My parents' house had this in the master bath when I was younger. Eventually they had the carpet ripped out and had the floor re-done. It got loads of mildew because the carpet went around the toilet and sink and right up to the bathtub. I have no idea why the people my parents bought it from would have wanted that. 

9 minutes ago, peedesperate12 said:

Bathrooms like this are harmful and uncomfortable for anyone. But ESPECIALLY the trans* community. 

I have a friend that's a trans-man. He has this thing (a prosthetic, I guess?) that helps him to pee standing, but he says he still prefers stalls because it's not always easy to use it through a zipper, and he's worried it won't look "real" enough if somebody glances at him. I'd be worried for his safety if he had to go somewhere that he wasn't given the option of extra privacy. 

This isn't to code. The bathroom requires a powered vent that can move a certain amount of air based on the size of the bathroom. This is to remove water vapor from the shower so it doesn't mold up the place. The larger the bathroom the more air the vent has to move. There is no vent at all in the pictures. I believe the bathroom also has to be a seperate room.