Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Eyo, what’s poppin everybody! Got a new story for you today. It had a pretty dumb start. A joke someone made about Asuna’s Descent on my Of Death Games and Diapers thread (on Omorashi org, for those reading on DeviantArt) ended up getting the idea of a rewrite of Asuna’s Descent stuck in my head for days.

As I fleshed it out, it kind of became its own thing only loosely inspired by Asuna’s Descent, and now here we are. In effort of full disclosure, while there will be some light drama here and there, this story is also an experiment with writing in a lighter, sillier tone than is typical in my work. Also, this story is an alternate universe, and at the moment FullDive VR isn’t even a thing in it yet.

Final content warning, but this story dips a bit more heavily into the AB side of things than my work normally does. If none of this bothers you, read on, I think you might have some fun xD.

See you below!

D for (Diapered) Detention

Chapter One: Demotion

“It’s morning…” I mumbled, raising a hand to my eyes to block the sun shining in through the blinds.

My eyes slowly fluttered open to the beeping of my alarm clock. I blearily looked over at the time — eight AM. Right… a Saturday. As the alarm continued to sound off, I lazily looked up at the ceiling, letting the noise knock the cobwebs out of my head little by little.

But then, I bolted upright in bed as I felt a familiar twinge, so intense I could barely stand it.

“I gotta pee!”

I quickly got out of bed and rushed out of my bedroom, making a mad dash for the bathroom only a few meters’ distance away. But when I grasped the handle and turned, knees trembling in desperation, it wouldn’t budge — it was locked.

“Who’s in there? I gotta go, now!” I urgently cried, banging a fist on the door.

A voice called back, sounding frustratingly relaxed. “It’s me, Sugu. I’m almost done, don’t worry!”

As I waited, I began to fidget with my legs to try and quell the urge for just a few more moments. But soon, that wasn’t enough — a tiny spurt escaped, warming my crotch. So I began hopping from one foot to the other, doing everything I could to keep moving so my body wouldn’t relax enough to lose control.

“C-Can you please just let me in?!” I asked again — louder this time, panicked. “I don’t think I can wait!”

A moment later, I heard the sound of the toilet flushing, taunting me from a place I couldn’t reach. My hand jammed into my crotch just in time to prevent another spurt from becoming a full-blown accident. As I continued doing a glorified potty dance, I angrily wondered if my big sis started doing this on purpose; did she want me to pee my pants like a grade schooler? Again?

After the flush died down, my sister’s voice called out again, sounding a little amused. “Okay, I’m basically done! Let me just wash my hands.”

Wait, no—

Before I could tell her to stop, the sound of the running faucet met my ears…

“Oh no, no, no…!”

It was too much for my bladder to take. I tried to jam my other hand down there too in order to stem the flow, but it didn’t do a thing. I spurted once. Twice. I peed for a second… two seconds…

I teared up in embarrassed frustration and slumped to the floor, unable to stop peeing until I had nothing left to hold in. A complete failure to make it… again. Worse, it happened while I was awake, and that meant I’d have to—

The bathroom door suddenly opened, and my sister walked out, sitting down in front of me with an amused smirk. She lifted the hem of my nightgown and reached out to feel my underwear, something she’d done countless times my whole life.

“Well, looks like you don’t have to go anymore,” she said in a teasing tone, letting go of the hem to put a supportive hand on my shoulder. “It’s a good thing you wore a diaper to bed. I think your pullups would’ve leaked.”

As she stood up and pulled me to my feet, I groaned. “Don’t remind me, dummy…”

Why tease me with something I can’t have anymore?

I stood there, waiting for her to grab my hand and take me back to my room to change me into a fresh diaper, but she just started walking back to her own room instead. After a moment, she seemed to notice I was staring and paused for a moment.

“There’s a pullup for you to change into in the bathroom,” she said, giving me a casual wave over her shoulder. “You don’t need my help for that, do you?”

“What? B-But just now was my second daytime strike,” I sputtered, totally unprepared for this sudden kind gesture. I wet myself on the way home from the store last night, so why would she…?

She turned back to smile at me out of the corner of her eye. “I’m going over to Kotone’s house today,” she said, shrugging her shoulders before walking back to her room. “That accident happened in your sleep. No need to report a daytime strike for a nighttime accident, right?”

A few moments later, her bedroom door shut behind her and left me alone in the hall. She… planned to look the other way? She was going to cover for me in her report to mom? She hadn’t been this nice to me about my potty training since before I turned thirteen…

A wide grin crept onto my face as I headed into the bathroom to start off my day with a nice shower. But as my eyes found the pullup sis left for me on the toilet seat, I finally noticed something off about the whole situation. By the time I woke up, my sister was already in the bathroom. She couldn’t have known I would wake up while she was in here and need to pee right away; this was the first night in a week I didn’t wake up soaked.

So why did she bring one of my pullups with her into the bathroom?

I rang the doorbell to my best friend’s house, waiting out there in the blazing summer heat as the cicadas sang me a symphony. The veranda above the front door shielded me from the sun’s withering rays, but having to walk from the train station to her house in this unbearable heat left my clothes more liquid than solid at this point.

Good thing Kotone and I are mostly the same sizes… I dryly thought with a sigh. Because I really need a shower after all that sweat.

“Mitsuki, the door’s unlocked!” a familiar voice called down to me from the door atop the veranda a few moments after I rang. “You can go ahead and come in.”

No need to tell me twice. I barged right in, locking the door behind me as I relished the exquisitely cold air for a moment before walking in. I took the stairs on my left up to the second floor, where I found a certain blue-eyed blondie waiting for me in her bedroom doorway, dressed in a blue hoodie jacket over a pink and white-striped top with lace trim, with a green button up shirt in between. Her golden mini skirt and black thigh highs completed the look, and I briefly wondered why the hell she was dressed for an outing on a Saturday morning.

And a fall outing too, in the middle of summer…

She gave me a smile and a wave. “Welcome. You look exhausted, is it really that bad out there? Maybe I should go for something lighter…”

“Okay, what’s the deal here? I just got here and you’re already prepping to leave?” I gave her a disillusioned look. “I refuse to go outside again right after the hellish walk here from the train station. Which by the way, I need a shower and a change of clothes before I drown in my own sweat.”

In response, Takemiya Kotone averted her eyes, focusing on the backpack I held around my left shoulder as her cheeks reddened. “I mean… if I’m gonna commit to this, then I need to make sure no one will notice, right? That means going out where people can see me…”

“I still think this is the absolute dumbest idea you’ve ever had,” I replied, handing her the backpack with a sigh and a look. “Here. Brought it just like you asked. But you realize you need people to notice, right? If Sugu doesn’t, then there’s no point in putting one on.”

“Oh, huh. You’re right…” she said as she grabbed the backpack, before turning around and leading us back into her room. “Didn’t think about that. Guess I have to be pretty brazen about it…”

I smirked as I followed her inside and sat on the bed while she rooted around in her dresser’s bottom right drawer for some clothes, tossing out ones in black and gray every few seconds. We hung out often enough that she kept clothes in my colors for when I came over, but… yeah, she never bought any in my usual boyish style. No pants or tank tops for me, only short skirts and girlish tops, and the rest… I shuddered. Lace and frills for days.

Before long, she had an outfit picked out for me. A black mini skirt, a black bra and panties set with silver lace, and a black, silver-laced, frilled top which left the midriff and collarbones exposed. I sighed. I would complain about the outfit, but it was a free change of clothes, and she did buy all this black and silver almost exclusively for my benefit, so… beggars can’t be choosers.

“Thanks, you lace fiend,” I replied with a sardonic smile, taking the clothes laid out for me as I got up to head to the bathroom for a shower. “Be back after I shower. In the meantime, get a game set up for when I get back. Doesn’t matter what.”

She smiled back — a warmer, more genuine smile than mine. “Kay, see you in a bit!”

My own grin lightened up as I left the room. Didn’t have a mean bone in her body, this one. Though I guess that’s the problem with her. Too nice, too much empathy, and too many weird ideas on how to show it.

Still, she’s not the worst person to have around.

As I entered the bathroom and began to strip, I couldn’t help but smirk at the thought of what she just made me bring her.

… Once you get past the dumb shit she does on days like today.

With a refreshed sigh, I opened the door to Kotone’s room and slipped inside, eyes half closed as I instinctively tugged at my skirt. “I’m back… what are we playing?”

“Forgotten World 303. You brought your laptop, so we may as well play an MMO.” Kotone called back, sounding a little… shy?

Laptop? She looked through my bag already?

I opened my eyes in curiosity, only to instinctively look away. “The hell are you doing?”

Welp. That was a thing. She already put it on while I was in the shower, which I kind of expected, but did she have no shame? Why the hell did she take her skirt off? I know I said she needed people to notice, but that didn’t mean she had to make it completely impossible not to see…

I heard a familiar giggle. “You said I wanted people to notice, right?” she teased, and I saw her smile deviously out of the corner of my eye. “Just following your advice.”

This fuckin prankster…!

“Touché, now put your skirt back on!” I snapped back in a huff.

After she covered back up, we settled in to game, Kotone on her bed and me on her beanbag chair. We played Forgotten World 303 for a good while, leaving a trail of destruction in our wake as we traversed the post-apocalyptic open world in search of rare material drops to craft some legendary weapons. About an hour in, when we returned to a town to craft, my best friend moved her laptop aside and sat up in bed, preparing to get up.

“I’ll be right back,“ she said, standing up and moving for the door. “I’ve gotta use the toilet…”

I smirked, grabbing her wrist just before she reached the door and dragging her back to her bed. “You’re wearing your toilet,” I told her, knowing I probably had a grin like the Cheshire Cat. “You need to test its capacity. But more importantly, you’ll have to get used to using them if you want Sugu to buy this oh-so-brilliant plan of yours.”

Kotone blushed and averted her eyes. “But I… I just—”

“No excuses! Now quit being a baby and pee your pullup!”

With that as my war cry, I pushed her back on her bed and began the attack. I relentlessly tickled her, making sure to hit all the right spots — neck, underarms, sides, midriff, you name it. She laughed hysterically, struggling in vain to escape as I gradually ramped up my four-fingered assault.

“Hahah — Mitsuki, stop — Ahahaha!” she cried out breathlessly, her laughter intensifying by the second. “Seriously, I — Ahahah — I’m really about to—”

A soft hissing noise cut off her protests. I stopped tickling with a satisfied grin as we both went silent, frozen by the sound of her failing bladder. She could’ve stopped the flow at this point, but she just lay there, peeing her pants without resistance. As the stream began to taper off, she sat up, blushing and panting lightly while vacantly staring out into space.

I snapped her out of it when I instinctively reached beneath her skirt to feel the pullup. She flinched backwards, glaring at me as I felt her up with a fiery blush on her face. “Hey! What are you doing? Stop that!”

I pulled my hand away with an amused smirk. “Just checking to see if you need a change. Looks like it can handle one more wetting before it’ll leak.”

“How can a pullup hold that much? I thought they were only supposed to be for light leaks…” she asked, reaching under her skirt to gingerly feel it herself.

“Normally, yeah. But Sugu is a heavy wetter,” I replied with a shrug. “We had to get her some pretty absorbent ones, otherwise she’d leak if she wet herself at school… which happens a lot. And you know how other students would react to that…

“Social suicide… poor Sugu-chan.” Kotone’s eyes dropped to the floor as her shoulders slumped. “It’s gotta be rough for her, to have to deal with issues and risks like this all alone.”

I put a hand on her shoulder, offering a warm, supportive smile. “Look, I still think this idea of yours is really, really dumb… but at least it means she won’t have to be the only one who deals with this anymore. So… thanks.”

She gave me a sunny smile in return, wrapping me in a hug. “Sure! We’ve been friends since we were toddlers. I’ve gotta support you two sisters however I can, right?”

You’re a weirdo if you think this method of support makes sense, I chastised her in my head as I returned her embrace. But you’re the nicest weirdo I know.

After we pulled apart, I decided to tease her again. “So, you just peed your pants for the first time since that time in the third grade. How does it feel?”

She flicked my forehead. “Quit talking ancient history!” she retorted with a fiery blush. “But, um… it feels very… warm. I know you’ll never let me live it down, but… it doesn’t feel so bad. Kinda comfy…”

I couldn’t keep it together. I cracked up into a fit of giggles, laughing like I’d just bore witness to the funniest standup joke of all time. So hard I could barely breathe, let alone muster a reply. I collapsed onto the bed, grabbing her hand and taking her down with me as I laughed like no tomorrow.

“You don’t have to laugh that hard, you know…” she weakly protested in between my giggles.

Maybe I went a little overboard… she sounded a little hurt. But seriously, how was I supposed to react? Still, she did put herself in a pretty vulnerable position there… I should probably apologize.

As my laughter finally began to subside, I gave her hand a squeeze. “Sorry, sorry, it’s just… I never expected that. But it’s — hahah — it’s fine, I’m no one to judge,” I replied with a bright grin. “If anything, now I don’t have to worry that you’re putting yourself through hell for Sugu with this. Speaking of Sugu, though… pretty sure she’s about to be punished.”

Kotone’s hand tensed up. “What? Why?”

I looked over at her. Blue eyes stared into mine, open wide with worry. About what I expected. Almost made me feel bad for what I had to tell her…

Almost.

“Well, in order to bring you the pullup you’re wearing, I had to take it from Sugu’s stash. The stash is monitored by mom to keep Sugu honest,” I replied with a shrug. The one I left in the bathroom for Sugu would’ve been the one I took, but since she nearly caught me in the act, I took another while she showered. “When mom finds out it’s missing, what do you think she’ll assume? I’ll tell you: she’s gonna think Sugu wet herself and hid the evidence to avoid a strike. And since she already had one strike, that means…”

“I’m home, Suguha-chan.”

I nearly jumped out of my skin as a voice called out to me from the other side of my bedroom door. I felt a small spot on my pullup suddenly warm up, and I instantly realized that I just leaked. As my heart raced from the startle, I put a hand over my chest and tried to take deep breaths, the summer homework at my desk totally forgotten.

It’s okay… mom doesn’t give me strikes for small leaks. Only big accidents.

Speaking of my mom, my bedroom door opened next, and she came barging in. It always went like this… she never gave me any privacy, for as far back as I could remember. She walked over to me with a warm smile on her face.

“Hi mom,” I replied, finally calming down. “Don’t startle me like that!”

She patted me on the head. “Sorry, sweetie, but you know you startle easy. There isn’t much more I can do about that.” She ruffled my hair a bit before patting me on the shoulder. “Now come on. Time to check your diaper.”

“But moooooom, it’s a pullup today!” I whined, huffing a little and standing up anyway.

I knew better than to tell her no.

She chuckled warmly. “It won’t be for long if you keep up that tone.”

I gulped. She’s joking… right?

She pulled the pants of my red tracksuit down, then gave my pullup a good squeeze. She seemed to notice the small wet spot right away. “Dear, did you know your pullup is wet?”

That tone… has me kind of worried…

I looked down at my pullup. The wet spot… it looked bigger than it felt when I leaked. That’d make an awfully big wet patch on my panties if mom hadn’t put me back in pullups last night. But big enough for a strike? I didn’t know…

I nodded, rubbing the back of my head nervously. “I leaked when you startled me just now. It’s not too big, is it? I can stay in pullups, right?”

“This was a pretty big leak, hon… so let’s compromise,” mom said, ruffling my hair again. “You can keep wearing pullups, but you have to stay in them an extra day before going back to big girl panties. How does that sound?”

I grinned, worries fading away. “That’s fine. Thanks, mom!”

“Of course, dear,” mom replied with another tousle of my hair, before walking over to my bed and crouching down. “But let’s get you a new pullup. Wouldn’t want you to get a rash, now would we?”

She reached under my bed and pulled out an open pack of my white medical pullups for teens and adults. She put her hand through the opening torn in the end, but paused after rooting around a bit. What was she waiting for, exactly?

In an eerily calm tone, mom turned around and looked me dead in the eyes. “Suguha-chan. You’ve kept dry today before leaking just now, right?”

Her voice sent chills down my spine. That wasn’t mom’s usual, affectionate voice. She reserved this voice for when sis and I got in trouble. But… why would she ask that? She couldn’t know about my accident this morning… right?

“Y-Yeah, I did,” I told her, unable to stop my voice from shaking a bit.

It’s gonna be okay. There’s no way she found out. It’ll be fine, it’ll be—

“Then why is there a pullup missing today?”

My blood ran cold. I froze up for a second — I had no idea what she was talking about, but I already knew it wouldn’t end well for me. “I-I don’t know…”

That’s when it hit me. Sis took a pullup with her into the bathroom before I woke up. I don’t know why, but she probably took another before she left for her best friend’s house. But if I told mom, I’d have to explain that I wet myself this morning, and I’d be demoted back to diapers anyway. So I couldn’t tell her that.

“Don’t lie to me, Suguha-chan. I thought you grew past this childish behavior years ago. I thought you knew better than that, and you know I can tell when you lie to me,” mom said in a stern voice. “But if you had an accident, covered it up, and lied to my face, then clearly you aren’t responsible enough to keep trying to toilet train. You can try again some other time.”

What? No, no, no!

“But mom, that’s not fair! I really don’t know what happened to it!” I protested. Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes as I realized I just lost pullup privileges. But if I had nothing to lose… “Mitsuki took a pullup into the bathroom this morning! She let me wear it after I woke up, but she probably took another while I took a shower!”

Mom glared at me, so intensely that I took a step back without thinking. “And now you blame your sister? That takes some nerve, little missie,” she snapped at me. I hadn’t seen her this mad since I was thirteen… “If you insist on lying and blaming others for your own mistakes like a spoiled child, then trying to use the toilet is clearly a distraction. For the next month, you will wear your toilet, and I will hear no more excuses!”

A whole month? Just like when I was thirteen?!

Even worse, that meant I would be stuck in diapers for all of summer vacation. It wasn’t fair! Mitsuki had to be the one who took the pullup, but I knew mom would never believe me now. I wouldn’t be able to go to the pool or the beach without showing my shame for everyone to see, and it’d even mess up my forms during kendo practice…!

“Mom, I’m sixteen already! Stop treating me like a little kid and just listen for once!” I shouted back, finally fed up. “I really didn’t try to cover anything up! Mitsuki really did take a pullup into the bathroom! She had to be the one who took the missing one!”

Mom stood up and walked over to me with a fiery glower. “Don’t you take that tone with me, young missy! If you want to be treated your age, then act like it! Lying and blaming others is something a small child would do! If I hear one more disrespectful word out of you, you’ll be banned from pants and skirts as well, and everyone you meet will see just how childish you are!”

I couldn’t keep it together anymore. I burst into tears, slumping to the floor and sobbing like… like a baby. Mom’s expression finally softened, and she gently helped me up, walking me over to my bed. She laid me down, then reached underneath the bed and pulled out wipes, rash cream and my pack of diapers. Not the medical kind I wore to bed last night either… a pack of super thick adult diapers with childish magical girl designs she reserved for punishments. My sobbing got even louder at the sight.

Mom ran her hand through my hair. “Sweetie, it’ll be okay,” she said, voice calm and gentle again. “You’re not ready yet, but you can try to toilet train again when school starts back up. Needing diapers doesn’t make you a baby, it just makes you different.”

While I continued sobbing, mom got right to work. She tore the sides of my last pullup for a month and pulled it out from under me, tossing it in the diaper bin at the foot of my bed. Then, she unfolded one of my diapers, lifted my legs and slid it underneath me. She lowered me onto the soft, almost pillowy padding, then took a wipe and wiped me clean, and finally rubbed on some diaper rash cream all over my diaper area.

After finishing all that, she brought up the front panel, then taped it snugly into place, sealing me into my padded prison. It was over… my year-long fifth toilet training attempt ended in failure. As she pulled the pants of my tracksuit back up, I realized they didn’t do a great job concealing my new, childish underwear. The waistband of my diaper stuck out over the top, and the bulge looked pretty obvious.

I sniffled at the thought, curling into a ball on the sheets with a light crinkle. Mom soothingly rubbed my back, whispering words of comfort every so often until I finally stopped crying. She gave me a kiss on the forehead, then stood back up.

“That must’ve been exhausting for you. I think a nap would do you some good,” she said, heading for the door. “I’ll be in the kitchen, dear. I’ll wake you up when dinner is ready. Get some good rest, sweetie.”

She left and closed the door behind her. As if on cue, a moment later I felt an ironic feeling. I had to pee, really bad. I wished I could use the toilet, but mom probably locked the bathroom door again. And besides… as much as I hated it, I had my toilet taped around my waist now.

Ffsssssshhhhhh…

No point in trying to hold it now, so I didn’t bother. As exhaustion set in and I drifted off to sleep, I couldn’t help but find the warmth of my shameful accident frustratingly comforting.

I’m gonna guess that this last scene made some people uncomfortable lol. Never fear, Sugu will cheer up soon.

Also, if you’re wondering who Kotone is, she’s a gameverse character more commonly known by the name Philia. Read up on her some more here: https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Takemiya_Kotone

As an aside, if you’re looking for a super realistic story, this one likely isn’t for you lol. This chapter might’ve clued you in, but realism isn’t a major goal for this story, as it’s almost entirely written for fun and tonal experimentation.

Apart from that, don’t have much to say here that I didn’t up top. Catch you next chapter!

• 4 weeks later...

Yoooooo, what’s up guys? After finishing a chapter of ODGAD the other day and increasing the reserve count again, I decided to work on this for a bit instead, and here we are.

This chapter was originally going to have two more scenes in it, but I ultimately ended up realizing that it’d be way too long, so both scenes got pushed off to chapter three. This story is kind of a slice of life romantic comedy, so the pace is a lot slower than I’m used to, which ends up fucking with my ability to judge how many scenes I can fit in a chapter xD.

Anyway, that’s about it from me. Catch you down below!

Chapter Two: No Fair, Part I

“I’m home…”

I locked the front door behind me and walked inside. It didn’t take a genius to figure out why Mom called me back home early tonight. Ordinarily I’d just play innocent and be done with it, but Kotone would kill me if I let Sugu take the fall for our actions. Which meant I had to…

As I rounded the corner and entered the dining room, Mom greeted me from the kitchen. “Welcome home, Mitsuki. Please have a seat at the table.”

I sighed. May as well get it over with. I walked over to the table, hanging my backpack on the back of one of the chairs at the dining room table and sliding into a sit on it. As Mom worked on dinner, I took a deep breath, then began.

Stay cool.

“In effort of full disclosure, I plan to go back to Kotone’s to spend the night after we eat dinner,” I told her, watching for any sort of reaction. “Anyway, what’s up? Why am I here?”

I already knew why, but I reasoned playing dumb would benefit me more here, at least until I figured out exactly how much she knew. Like in any given strategy game, the first phase of battle was a war of information, rather than an exchange of force.

“Suguha-chan says you took a pullup into the bathroom this morning,” Mom said without even looking up from her cutting board as she minced some vegetables. “Why?”

I blinked. She picked an unusually disconnected fact of the case to ask about first. A feint to trick me into saying more than I should. But setting the tactic aside, if she knew about that, it probably meant Suguha told her about it to accuse me of taking the missing pullup. How to respond…

If I change my story later, she’ll hone in on it, figure out I’m lying and punish me harder, I mused, my expression unchanging as I thought my options through. And if that’s the case, I need to say something that won’t contradict what I have to say later.

“I was taking a picture of it,” I replied, sharing the partial truth with a noncommittal shrug. “I would’ve put it back afterwards, but Sugu came to use the bathroom while I was in there, and she had an accident before I could open the door.”

Well, more like I waited until she had an accident to open it, I admitted to myself, doing my best to keep myself from grinning. But eh, details.

Mom hummed to herself for a moment. “And why did you take a picture of it? Surely you know better than to show a friend for a cheap laugh.”

I took a deep breath. I had to choose my words carefully here. If I said the wrong thing, or even phrased the right thing incorrectly, I’d make things harder on myself. Kotone would kill me if I went back on our agreement, so I expected to be punished some for this… but screwing up would make the punishment far worse.

“I did show it to a friend, but not for a laugh. I… please don’t tell her parents, but Kotone has been having accidents lately,” I replied, trying my best to sound remorseful for even saying it. “We needed to know if it would fit her. She’s embarrassed about buying diapers for herself, so she didn’t want to have to do it more than once because she got the wrong size.”

Mom finally looked up and met my eyes. She seemed to appraise my claim in that moment, and I almost wondered if she would notice I lied. But eventually, she looked back down and continued prepping for dinner.

“And is that why you took one of Suguha-chan’s pullups over to her house?”

Good, she bought it.

I nodded, remaining composed under her all-seeing gaze. “She didn’t want to leave the house to buy her own pullups unprotected in case she had an accident, so I brought her one to change into,” I replied with a sigh. “But she ended up wetting herself before we even walked out the door. And, well… the pullup couldn’t hold it all, and it leaked.”

The ensuing silence lasted uncomfortably long. I almost wondered if she caught on. I met her gaze head-on afraid to look away for fear of her seeing it as a sign of deceit. I knew the way she played this game, and I had no intention of losing it. Finally, she looked back down at the kitchen counter and spoke.

“I see. I hope you understand that I can’t keep this between us. Her parents need to know, before the cleaning bills rack up,” she said, sounding firm, yet sympathetic. “As for you… wanting to help your friend is admirable, but you should’ve told me beforehand, and you also should’ve told me about Suguha’s accident this morning. After dinner, I’m putting you in Suguha-chan’s diapers for the next twenty-four hours, understood?”

I took a deep breath, then slowly let it out. “Understood, mom.”

That went about as well as it could have. She bought the cover story Kotone made me say, and she fell for my reverse psychology ploy to make her tell Kotone’s parents. She also didn’t seem like she planned to lighten Sugu’s punishment either. All of this went more or less according to plan. The only real downside was having to spend a day in diapers myself… but I’d take a day over a month, so I just had to bite the bullet there.

“Good. Now, can you go upstairs and check on Suguha-chan?” mom requested as she turned around to check the oven. “There should be time to change her before dinner is ready if need be.”

I shrugged. “Sure.”

I got up and headed for Sugu’s room without another word.

I woke up to the feeling of someone untaping my diaper.

I bolted upright in bed and came face to face with my big sister, Mitsuki, looking me in the eye with an amused smile. I scowled. “Get out of my room, Mitsuki!”

She just shook her head. “You know you’re no good at changing yourself,” she said with a giggle. “And we don’t have time for you to try. Dinner’s almost ready.”

“But I…”

I trailed off as she gently pushed me back down onto the bed and got to work wiping me off. I had so much I wanted to say, I couldn’t think straight enough to say any of it. I wanted to scream her head off for stealing one of my pullups to do who knows what. I wanted to cry that because of her, mom planned to keep me in diapers all summer vacation. I wanted to ask her why she even offered to cover for me this morning if she was just gonna steal one of my pullups anyway.

As she finished wiping me clean and started rubbing in some rash cream, sis talked as if she could read my mind. “I’m sure you’re wondering why I took one of your pullups. Keep this on the down low, but Kotone started having accidents recently,” she said with a sigh. “I took it so she could go to the store to buy some pullups of her own without worrying about having an accident in public… but she wet it before we could even leave her house, and it leaked on her to boot.”

My eyes went wide. “Takemiya-san is… having accidents like me now?”

My sister nodded, expertly lifting me by the legs to swap out my old diaper for a new one and snugly taping it up. I… I didn’t know how to feel about this. I felt horrible that someone other than me dealt with this problem, but… knowing I wasn’t alone anymore made me feel so relieved—

Is this a joke?!

Right as I realized I felt relieved at this news, I felt the need to relieve my bladder too, even stronger than when I woke up this morning. I could’ve probably held it for a minute or two, but why bother? I wouldn’t be using the toilet any time soon either way. And even if I could’ve, I wouldn’t have lasted until dinner ended anyway.

With a sigh, I let go right away. The warmth slowly spread over the front of the diaper sis just changed me into, feeling much better than the cold air I’d felt down there while sis changed me— wait, what the heck did I just think?!

“You’re peeing yourself again already? Heh,” Mitsuki said, stifling a chuckle as she watched me soak myself. “I’m not changing you into a new one before dinner. See you there.”

She turned around and walked out of my room, leaving me alone with my thoughts as the stream finally died down. For a moment, I didn’t even move. So… my sister’s best friend couldn’t make it in time anymore either? She’d have to wear diapers from now on too?

I’m not alone anymore…

When I got up to waddle after my sis, I tried to ignore the stupid grin that grew on my face at the thought.

Mom stuck the last tape firmly in place, then felt up the legholes to check the leak guards. After a moment, she stood back up and crossed her arms with a satisfied smile. “There, nice and snug. How does it feel, Mitsuki?”

I sat up in bed, taking note of the bulk forcing my legs apart. I couldn’t close them all the way… could I even walk like this? And, better question, could my clothes even hide it? Still… it felt soft. Like I had a pillow between my legs. At the risk of sounding like a certain dumbass friend of mine, I had to begrudgingly acknowledge that it felt…

Comfy…

“Not quite as bad as I expected,” I admitted, averting my eyes instinctively. “But the fact I’ll have to use it is, uh…”

As much as I hated to admit it, I probably wouldn’t last twenty-four hours without peeing. In all likelihood, I wouldn’t even last half that long. As for the other… I didn’t even wanna think about it.

“Just be glad you’re not stuck using them for all of summer vacation…” Sugu replied from her desk, shoulders slumped. “How am I even supposed to get changed when you’re at a friend’s every day? Mom doesn’t let me change myself…”

Mom didn’t miss her chance. “That’s because they leak easily the way you tape them on. It’s a waste of a perfectly good diaper,” she said, walking over to ruffle Sugu’s hair. “But you have a point about changes while your sister is away. We’ll have to look into getting a sitter for you.”

I released a breath I didn’t remember holding. I had expected mom to force her to come with me wherever I went. As cute and fun to tease as I found my adorkable little sister, I did not want to be a chaperone all summer long.

“But moooom, I’m sixteen! Having a sitter at my age is humiliating!” Sugu cried out in defiance.

As usual, mom had no patience for backtalk. “But is it more humiliating than getting a rash because you sat in a poopy diaper all day? I think not,” she countered, crossing her arms and giving her younger daughter an unamused look. “I won’t argue about this. Still, it will take a few days to find a sitter who suits your needs. In the meantime…”

Oh god damn it…

She looked in my direction, and I already knew what I’d be stuck with. “Mitsuki, until I find a sitter, I need you to take Suguha-chan with you any time you go out for more than a few hours,” she said, sealing my fate. “And since you’re spending the night at Kotone-chan’s house tonight, that means you have to take her with you so she has someone to change her tomorrow.”

I sighed. Trying to resist would just make her force it on me even longer. “Yes, mom.”

As my big sister led me by the hand through the evening streets of Setagaya, I felt more and more nervous. I’d never met someone who… someone like me before, and I didn’t know how to handle it. I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, wondering what to even say to her.

“It’s just Kotone, Sugu,” Mitsuki replied, giving my hand a squeeze. “You played with us all the time when we were kids.”

I only noticed how sweaty my palms were after she said that. I squeezed back. “Yeah, but… there’s never been anyone else… like me around before.” I said. The sinking feeling became even worse. “But I’ve always been like this, and she hasn’t. I don’t… I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and upset her.”

If she just started having accidents, she probably felt even worse about it than I did, because she used to be normal. I had no idea what to say to her that wouldn’t make it sound like we were the same, and she might get upset if I said that. But I couldn’t just ignore it either…

“She’s more likely to be upset for you than with you. Remember when the three of us used to play together in elementary and middle school?” Mitsuki replied with a smile back at me. “If anyone tried to pick on you for your issues, Kotone sent ‘em packing. She honestly looked after you more than I did. And she hasn’t changed, I promise. She’s not gonna be upset with you for caring.”

Oh yeah… Kotone really used to dote on me when we were younger. I remember crushing on her in middle school because of it… but then she graduated and went to high school with Mitsuki in my second year, and I kind of got over it. Still… I guess worrying about someone as kind and caring as Kotone being upset with me over this was kinda dumb.

I took a deep breath, then slowly let it out. “Okay. Thanks, sis.”

She squeezed my hand again, adjusting our diaper bag on her shoulder as we walked to the train station in comfortable silence. After a few seconds, I finally realized something important. I didn’t feel that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach because I was nervous. I felt it because…

Oh no.

I tugged on my sister’s hand to get her attention. “Um, Mitsuki? I need to use the toile—”

“Don’t even ask. You’re wearing one, so use it,” she replied in complete deadpan.

My eyes went wide. “But… but I—”

“No buts. After how mom took me lying this morning, I’m not taking any chances, just on principle,” Mitsuki sternly replied. “We’re almost at the train station. I’ll change you when we get there. That’s final.”

“No fair! Not in public…” I whined, clutching my stomach. “Please don’t make me use it…!”

“How exactly am I supposed to both let you use a toilet and not change you into a new diaper after you finish?” My heart almost leapt out of my chest when she said the word diaper out loud, but thankfully no one noticed. Then she looked back at me, her eyes widened for a second, and she smirked. “Oh… I see. I’ll change you when we get to Kotone’s place. You won’t last till we get there anyway.”

I shook my head. “No fair! Not in front of Kotone…!”

“Which will it be, Sugu? The station, where a bunch of strangers will see and judge you, or the house of a girl who used to change you more often than I did?” Mitsuki sounded fed up with me.

But I’m getting fed up too!

It took everything I had to keep from screaming. “I don’t want to have to use it in the first place!”

“Ugh, this is insufferable. Fine, you win,” she groaned, slumping her shoulders before smirking again as she met my eyes. “On one condition: make it to Kotone’s house. If you can hold it until you can actually use her toilet, fuck it, go ahead.”

I nearly dropped my jaw. The last time Mitsuki caved to me on my potty training before today happened years ago, and then today she did it twice. Wait… maybe not. She just said she didn’t think I could make it that long. So she didn’t cave just now — she challenged me.

I narrowed my eyes. “You still don’t think I’ll make it, do you?” I asked, clenching the hand clutching my stomach into a fist. “Just watch, I’ll prove you wrong. I’ll definitely make it!”

Her smirk widened. “Yeah, we’ll see. I know your body better than you think.”

She faced forward again. I looked ahead and saw the train station in the distance, a fire in my eyes. I could do this. I could definitely do this! I’d show her just how wrong she was!

Tonight, I’m definitely not going to poop myself!

Frrrt!

Right after I thought that, a muffled toot escaped me. My eyes snapped open wide and I looked around, but no one heard me. Or, almost no one. My sister giggled to herself, mocking my freakout. I took a deep breath, calming my nerves and preparing for a long, difficult struggle.

Definitely not....

Eyo, welcome back everybody!

So, Mitsuki has joined Sugu in the padded ranks for a day. Karma is catching up to her, but the question is, how will she proceed after she gets what’s coming to her?

As for Suguha, she’s in for a long, hard struggle against her own shaky bowel control. But whether she makes it this time or not, being in diapers for a whole month will take quite a toll on her continence…

Anyway, how’d you guys like this chapter? Lemme know in the comments down below! Constructive criticism is always welcome, but just sharing your general thoughts is fine too.

See you next time!

1 minute ago, Night Rain said:

Makes me wish I was the one writing this as I'm sure I'd have messing around with Sugu.

I wonder how their time at Kotone's place will be yet overall a very nice chapter.

Mitsuki would love to, don't get me wrong... but it's against their mother's rules, and she's not one for taking unnecessary risks. Last time she made fun of Sugu's pamps, she had to wear thicker ones, and for a lot longer than a day...

24 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Really bothers me that the mother is letting Suguha's punishment stand, even though she knows that Suguha was telling the truth about Mitsuki stealing a diaper. I hope Kotone is going to take Mitsuki to task over that.

Well written story, its just that unjust punishments really bother me.

You're not the first person to point that out (a friend of mine said the same thing in DMs a few days back), so I already have something planned to address that. Should be implemented into a scene in chapter three. Thanks for the feedback by the way, really appreciate the critique!

On 3/24/2021 at 11:05 AM, WriterForce6XV said:

You're not the first person to point that out (a friend of mine said the same thing in DMs a few days back), so I already have something planned to address that. Should be implemented into a scene in chapter three. Thanks for the feedback by the way, really appreciate the critique!

Definitely felt it was strange, I figured it was just something that added to the "lightheartedness" and fetishy nature of this story. Does feel out of character for your writing style, admittedly.

I can't say I'm too keen in seeing it changed too much, but I suppose some acknowledgement of the strangeness of the scenario would help it go down.

• 1 month later...

Yooooooooooooooooooooooo! This took way too goddamn long lmao

A bunch of stuff happened in my personal life between last chapter and this one. I’ll spare you the details, but suffice to say many I’ve been struggling to adapt to many different life changes at once, especially in the past week or so. Still, I’ve been trying to write and do my game dev shit as much as humanly possible, and ultimately this chapter is a product of that. I’ve been pushing myself to finish release prep today despite feeling like absolute crap due to my second Covid vaccine being yesterday, because I value my work above my health, as per usual. Hopefully that’s a value choice I won’t have to make again for a while, but we’ll see.

I still plan to start posting ODGAD chapters again soon as well, by the way. Since cutting the omake I had planned (added nothing to the story, couldn’t motivate myself to finish it once I realized that), I ended up starting the floor 25 arc, which is probably gonna be my favorite arc so far. Floors one and two were adapting Progressive, but this arc is original, and it’s where my continuity will start to branch off from canon. So if anyone’s been getting bored of rereading barely changed canon material, this miiiiiiiiiight be a good time to tune back in. 😛

Catch you below!

Chapter Three: No Fair, Part II

“Come on, this is our stop,” my sister called out to me, extending her hand. “Let’s go.”

I looked up and met her calm eyes in a panic. “I don’t wanna stand up right now…”

I could barely keep it together as is. The fifteen minute train ride felt constantly bumpy, and it really did a number on my insides. I worried I’d lose control the moment I stood up. But… I knew I couldn’t just sit here all night. I couldn’t use the toilet without getting up… I just had to work up my—

“I’m not sitting around waiting all night,” Mitsuki replied with a huff. “That’s what you’re wearing it for anyway.”

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a stand, and already I could feel my stomach churn. As she pulled me through the bustle of passengers and out into the station, I felt my muscles down there growing weaker by the second. When we finally made it out into the streets and the people thinned out, I realized I wouldn’t make it at this rate.

I hate having to do this in public, but…!

I used my free hand to press up against my behind, standing up straight and trying to keep my butt muscles as tightly clenched as possible. I knew I’d get a lot of weird looks, but… if I could keep from pooping my pants, I’d do what I had to do.

Mitsuki giggled, looking back at me with a smirk. “You know, for someone who hates being treated like a child, you sure do act like one…” she said, stifling another giggle. “The mature thing to do in your position is just give up and quietly get it over with. It’s not your fault you need diapers, so what’s the shame in using them?”

I scowled at her. “No way! And I don’t need them, dummy!”

I refused to give up. I hadn’t pooped myself in two whole months, and I had no intention of doing it now. I didn’t want the first time I saw Kotone in months to start with her seeing I still pooped my pants like a baby.

My sister just shrugged and faced forward. “Suit yourself. But you know, the way you’re holding yourself right now, people can tell you’re wearing diapers whether you use them or not.”

“Better than Kotone watching you change me,” I pushed back.

“At this rate, she definitely will,” Mitsuki replied with an eye roll. “Not that she hasn’t changed your poopy diapers herself before anyway, but I guess that doesn’t matter to you.”

I glared at her. “She won’t have to do it either! I’ll make it, just watch!”

Frrbt!

As soon as I finished talking, my body released another toot. Not good… I wouldn’t last very long like this. Kotone lived close to the station, but would I even last that long…?

Mitsuki smirked back at me. “Whatever you say, Sugu. But your behind is singing a different tune.”

Our bickering continued for another ten minutes, until finally we arrived on Kotone’s home street. Good thing too, I was about to hit my limit. As we approached her house, I could see a blond, blue-eyed girl standing on the balcony above the front door, waving at us with a smile.

I instinctively waved back at her, grinning. She looks even prettier than she did in middle school…

A moment later, I realized my mistake. My wave took away my last line of defense, and I could already feel my insides churning, pushing a warm, lumpy mess through my insides. I quickly returned my hand to my butt and clenched as hard as I could, but it barely even slowed it down.

No, no, no! I’m so close, I can’t give up now…!

Realizing I finally hit my limit, I let go of my sister’s hand and ran as fast as I could to Kotone’s front step. But when I arrived at the front door, it didn’t open. I banged on the door, but I already knew it was no use.

“Kotone, lemme in! I gotta go, now!” I desperately cried, struggling as hard as I could to hold it in just a few seconds longer.

She replied right away. “I’ll be right down!”

As I heard her run down the stairs, I felt my sphincter begin give out, a tiny bit of poop forcing its way through. No, not now! I’m almost there, I can’t lose control yet! I mentally cried. Finally, just as I began to lose hope, the door opened. But when I tried to run through—

“Gah!”

“Eep!”

I ran right into Kotone, knocking us both off balance. She caught me in her arms and tried to keep me steady, but then my momentum made her fall backwards, pulling me down with her. When we hit the ground, the impact broke my last line of defense…

And I began to poop myself.

Unable to stop it, I froze in horror as a hot, lumpy mess filled the seat of my diaper. It softly crinkled, ballooning out and giving my pants an ever-growing bulge. Tears built up in the corners of my eyes as I lie there in Kotone’s arms, pooping myself like an overgrown toddler.

No…

“I…” I said in a shaky voice. “Didn’t make it…”

No fair…

But before the first tear fell, Kotone’s hand wiped it away. She looked me in the eyes with a gentle smile, squeezing me with the hand supporting me as she caressed my face. “There, there. It’s okay… it’s just an accident. You couldn’t help it. I… I’ve been having them too, so I know how you feel.”

I sniffled, forcing a smile as my accident came to a close. “Th… thanks…”

Her smile is… so warm…

“So do you two need some help getting up?” a familiar voice called out from behind, sounding very amused. “Or do you plan to cuddle on the floor all night?”

That got us up in a hurry, both blushing bright red. A quick walk to Kotone’s room later, and Mitsuki threw our diaper bag on the bed, unzipping it and rooting around for supplies. She pulled out an unopened pack of diapers and pointed at Kotone, a slight smirk on her face.

“Mom said to bring you this pack so you’d have something to wear until your parents can buy you your own,” she said. “I told her you probably had some pullups left hidden away somewhere from when you used to wet the bed as a preteen, but she worried they’d leak on you.”

Kotone… used to wet the bed? I didn’t know…

Kotone’s cheeks reddened as she looked away. “Mom and dad made me wear one under my skirt once they got home… but yeah, they wouldn’t hold enough.”

Nodding, my sister pulled out two more diapers from the bag, along with a tube of rash cream, a package of wet wipes, and a folded up changing mat. She unfolded the mat and set it down on the bed next to the other supplies, smoothing down the wrinkles before giving it a soft pat.

“Okay you two, time to change you both,” she called us over with a relaxed grin. “Sugu first for obvious reasons, but there’s enough space to fit both of you on here, so you may as well both lay down now.”

Kotone and I shared a look, then walked over to the bed and sat down. Well, Kotone sat down, I just sorta stood there looking awkward. I didn’t want to sit… easily the worst part of pooping myself, I had to sit down to get changed.

Mitsuki sighed with a facepalm. “I’m not waiting all day.”

She grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me down onto the bed before I could react. The mess squished outward under my weight, sending shivers of disgust down my spine. I quickly lied back, just to take the pressure off my bum as fast as possible.

As Mitsuki lowered my track suit pants, untaped my diaper, held me up by the legs and began wiping me down, I felt a hand take mine. I met Kotone’s kind smile with a grin of my own, and she gave my hand an affectionate squeeze.

Starting to remember why I used to have a crush on her…

After she finished wiping, my sister used her free hand to roll up my used diaper and tape it shut. She set it aside for the moment before unfolding a clean diaper and placing it under me. Next, she squeezed out some rash cream and rubbed it in, the cold feeling down there making me shiver.

After wiping off her hands, she brought up the front of the diaper and taped it up, just snugly enough to prevent leaks. Finally, after checking the leak guards for holes and finding none, she stood back and admired her handiwork.

“One down, one to go,” she said, turning away from me. “Your turn, Kotone.”

Kotone gulped, and her hand tensed up. “O-Okay…”

She lay back, pulling up her skirt. I saw a blue bedwetting pullup with race car designs underneath, a brand I’d seen commercials for on TV a million times. I’d asked mom to let me try those instead of my nighttime tape-up diapers so many times, but she always said they wouldn’t hold enough… heck, the ones Kotone had on right now looked small on her too. But more importantly…

“Why do you have the boys’ design?” I asked, before remembering that it might be a sensitive topic. “I-If you don’t mind sharing, anyway. You don’t have to.”

She smiled, giving my hand a squeeze. “No, I don’t mind. My parents made me buy them myself to try and shame me into getting over it. So I bought the boys’ version, because then it made it look like I wasn’t buying them for myself.”

I blinked. That sounded awful… but Kotone’s solution made a lot of sense. I’d still prefer to just have someone order it online like mom, though… as long as they didn’t pick out super thick, babyish ones like the ones mom used for my punishment.

“I would tell you to go ahead and pee before I change you, but that pullup would probably leak…” Mitsuki said with a mischievous grin. “So just take it off. Sugu, stop staring.”

I turned a way in a hurry, cheeks burning at the realization I’d been staring at Kotone’s pullup for over a minute straight. As the sounds of Mitsuki changing her played in the background, it took everything I had to keep from taking a peek.

“And… Done,” I said as I stuck the last tape snugly in place stepping back and offering a hand. “So Kotone, how does it feel to wear a tape-up diaper for the first time since preschool?”

She took my hand, but averted her eyes as I pulled up, a fiery blush on her cheeks. “Quit talking ancient history! You wore them later than that yourself! Anyway, what should we play? I don’t think an MMO will work with Sugu-chan here…”

Fair point… I’m used to having all the same hardware as Kotone, I mused, blinking. But Sugu doesn’t even have a gaming PC, much less one she could’ve brought over. Not that it matters now, considering the hardware that’s about to come out this summer…

I shrugged, before pointing a thumb to the TV and console sitting atop her dresser. “Wanna play some Smash? We have it at home. How about it, Sugu? Up for some Smash?”

She responded to my shrug with one of her own, plus a smile. “Sure!”

“That settles it then,” Kotone replied.

She walked up to the dresser and fetched us some controllers, tossing one to each of us. Huh… she had exactly three controllers. I never really noticed because we only ever used the two… but now that I thought of it, I’d seen the one she tossed Sugu just now on the dresser every time I came over for months, since the start of the school year.

So Kotone’s been aware of it that long… I smirked. Ever since Sugu got into our school.

After we got settled in, booted up the console, and linked up all the controllers, the game finally began. After picking Giorno at character select for maximum trolling, I heard a buzzing sound. A moment later, Sugu’s voice piped up, sounding positively elated.

“Mom just texted me,” she said, sounding like a ray of sunshine. “She says she’s cutting my punishment in half!”

I blinked. I guess this is because of my discussion with Mom…? “Congrats. How long will it last now?”

“Only two weeks!” she replied in a chipper voice. “I might be able to go back to panties by the time school starts again!”

“That’s great!” Kotone replied, though her voice sounded kind of strained. She must’ve just realized how stupid her plan was… “I’m sure you can do it.”

I sighed, but otherwise didn’t reply. Sugu still couldn’t hold her bladder for longer than a few minutes past the initial urge, and she couldn’t hold her bowels for even half an hour, as tonight proved… and she thought she could fix that in two weeks? More than a little optimistic here…

Still, at least this might help Sugu cheer up a little. She had a rough day…

I looked over at Kotone and Sugu, sitting next to each other on the bed, so close they almost touched shoulders. I desperately wanted to tease the hell out of them, but I wanted this to go well for them both. And as boring as it sounded, that meant I had to let them get closer naturally. For now, anyway.

Speaking of natural things…

I began restlessly tapping my foot, waiting on them to pick their characters. “This brings me back… the last time we all played Smash together, we were all still in middle school,” I said, wistfully staring at the screen. “Kind of a shame that this style of gaming is about to become obsolete.”

“What are you talking about?” Sugu asked.

“I think she means that the Nerve Gear is about to come out. You know how we use augmented reality devices like Mitsuki’s earring and watch to do things like buying things, unlocking doors, and sending messages by making virtual keyboards in front of us?” Kotone said, right on cue. “The Nerve Gear takes the virtual sensory part of AR devices to the next level and creates a completely virtual space.”

I nodded. “That space replicates all five senses, too, while blocking out your real ones to keep you immersed. Plus, the commands your brain sends to move your body are rerouted to move your virtual body instead,” I said, unable to stop a grin from crossing my features. “The medical and scientific potential of this kind of tech is endless, and better yet, a number of big game development studios are already planning titles for it. Gaming is about to undergo a technological revolution.”

After picking Kirby for this round of Smash, Sugu replied in an uninterested tone. “Someone sure is hyped…”

Kotone giggled, picking Pikachu. “Honestly, I’m looking forward to it too. Mitsuki and I have been waiting for a full virtual reality device like this to come out for ages.”

Oh god… Pikachu? She plans to work together with Sugu, then…

I smirked. I appreciated the challenge. “All right, time to start. Let’s go!”

After a handful of matches, Kotone set her controller down and got off her bed to stretch. “What do you girls say we take a break? I’ll make us some tea and snacks, so let’s eat outside. The weather is great tonight.”

I nodded. “Fine by me. You two go on ahead, I’ll catch up in a bit.”

“Sure, let’s go out back,” Sugu replied with a smile as she stood up and headed for the door. “Let’s go, Kotone!”

As my little sister led a blushing Kotone out of the room by hand, the blondie gave me a look. A look that said she knew what I planned to do. But then why did she also look that smug about it…? If she really knew, she’d call me out for being unfair… right?

I have a bad feeling about this…

I waited until I couldn’t hear their footsteps anymore before emerging from the bedroom. I walked in the opposite direction from the kitchen and living area, coming to a stop in front of the door at the end of the hall. I couldn’t let either of them see me go in or out of this room. Sugu would tell mom and my punishment would be extended, but if Kotone saw… I didn’t even want to think about what horrors I would face.

The light next to the handle shone red — locked. I pressed the button on my left earring, then waved my watch in front of the door, and… no luck. An AR hologram appeared in front of me emblazoned with a simple message: “Access denied.”

My heart sunk.

Kotone’s smug, knowing look suddenly made perfect sense. Someone revoked my permissions for the lock… but why? And for that matter, why did they lock the door in the first place? Did mom tell them to…?

Well, not much I can do about that now…

With a sigh, I turned around and headed down the hall, out into the living room. Sugu sat on the couch watching TV and waiting, while Kotone worked in the kitchen. I sat down next to my sister, trying to avoid giving off any signs she might pick up on. I really didn’t want her to know that I had to… she’d get so annoying about it.

But not being able to tap my foot or fidget with my hands just made it that much harder to deal with. Thinking about it logically, I should’ve just done it while I was still in the hall… at least then, no one would’ve noticed anything amiss. Too late for that now, though… Sugu might hear me if I tried.

Still, what to do…?

Kotone’s voice called out from the entrance to the kitchen. “All right guys, everything is ready! Let’s go outside.”

I smiled as I saw what she chose for snacks. “Watermelon, huh? What, are we gonna swim?”

I’d feel bad about doing it in the pool… I mused as Sugu and I stood up to join her. But at this point, I’m not about to be picky about my methods.

Kotone gave me another smug, knowing look, and my heart sunk. “After today, my parents decided we’re not allowed to use the pool without either graduating from diapers first or wearing swim diapers. We don’t keep those on hand yet, so… not likely.”

I sighed. I should’ve seen this coming and thought to pack some of Sugu’s supply…

As the three of us headed outside into the nighttime summer air, I realized there was no way around it. The only question? Just how long I would last… before wetting myself for the first time since the fifth grade.

In effort of full disclosure, I cut Sugu’s pamp sentence in half for a reason. There are multiple people who have criticized the fact that it remained unchanged after Mitsuki’s plot was halfway uncovered, and I get what they mean, it wasn’t really fair to Sugu at all. If I had been writing Detention like ODGAD with a reserve and shit, then I could’ve fixed that problem before it began, but fixing it here at least addresses it, if a bit late.

By the way, some of you might’ve noticed some tech shit referenced and used in this chapter that the characters call Augmented Reality. And while that is what it is, it’s not the same type we already have IRL now. It’s more like the AR featured in Accel World, except I decided to have it come before Full Dive VR instead of long after the fact.

In keeping with that and because we’re almost to 2022 already, I decided to set the fic decades down the line, because otherwise the inability to reconcile the Nerve Gear launching basically next year irl with the fact that IRL tech is nowhere close to that level yet would break suspension of disbelief. But that said, don’t expect me to make this a death game fic. Fuck. That. For that matter I doubt I’ll be including any canon VR games at all, so don’t expect me to make the characters play SAO, ALO, GGO, or whatever else.

Anyway, I’m kinda dying here so I’m gonna cut the explanations here. Please feel free to leave a comment! Whether you like it or not, if you have anything to say about it, I wanna hear from you. I also wouldn’t mind a fave/rep, but that one’s more up to you and how you felt about the chapter, so I won’t go fishing for it.

See you next time!

• 1 month later...

Yoooooooo, how’ve y’all been doing this summer? My summer has been a weird one, but I won’t get into the sheer magnitude of bullshit that I’ve had to deal with recently. Thankfully, things are calming back down now, and I’ve got some stuff to look forward to in around a month.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter! See you down below.

Chapter Four: Karma is…

After ten minutes of sitting perfectly still while we ate, drank and talked on poolside beach chairs, I finally threw in the towel and began tapping my foot.

Gotta pee…

Neither of them noticed anything amiss. The three of us kept talking like nothing happened. Another five minutes passed, and we had eaten through over half the watermelon slices, our tea depleted about the same amount. At this point, I sacrificed a little more dignity and crossed my legs.

Gotta pee, gotta pee, gotta pee…!

For the next ten minutes, I could barely pay attention to the conversation. If I lost focus, I knew I’d lose control. But then, after ten minutes of sitting with my legs crossed, praying they didn’t look my way, something changed. As if through divine miracle, the urge died down a bit. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad to be afforded this moment of reprieve.

As if on cue, Kotone’s voice caught my attention. “So, you sisters have any plans this summer break?”

I shrugged. “Apart from typical stuff like Sugu’s kendo club practice and my HEMA meets, not much,” I said, taking another sip of my tea. “We were planning to hit the beach in Okinawa at some point, but with Sugu’s punishment, well…”

“It was cut in half! We can just go when it’s over,” Sugu bit back a fiery blush, averting her eyes. “It’s a shame though… it would’ve been nice to bring Kotone with us, but—”

“I’ll go.”

Figures…

Sugu’s eyes widened, and she looked over at my idiot best friend, as if to make sure she hadn’t misheard. “Even if you’re still in diapers by then?”

Kotone blushed with a slow nod. “It’d be embarrassing, but I’m not gonna stop living my life over a little embarrassment,” she said, instinctively pulling on the hem of her skirt. “Besides, I doubt anyone we know would be there the same day…”

Translation: You want to see Sugu in a swimsuit so bad you just don’t care who sees you in diapers.

I saw that coming a mile away. Blondie here lost her head when it came to Sugu the day my oblivious sister started going to our high school and Kotone realized she had become, and I quote, ‘Drop dead gorgeous.’ Still, to want to see it so bad she’d be willing to wear unconcealed diapers in public, at a tourist destination… I didn’t know whether to put on a snide grin or facepalm.

The thirst is real.

“I mean, if you’re sure you won’t regret it, who am I to stop you? Feel free to come with,” I replied with a shrug and a smirk. “It’ll be amusing to watch you parade around in a swim diaper, if nothing else. Just don’t come crying to me if you get weird looks when you inevitably pee your pants in broad daylight.”

Sugu got a look in her eye, like she realized something. “Inevitable, huh…?”

A moment later, a soft hissing noise filled the air around her. My desperation returned with a vengeance, and a hand shot to my crotch just in time to prevent a spurt from becoming a full blown accident. But I could feel it leaking out, a tiny trickle at a time.

Shit!

As I held myself, Kotone gave me a smirk, before closing her eyes and letting out a deep breath. A moment later, another hiss filled the air, and another spurt warmed the crotch of my diaper. I could feel my control rapidly slipping away, one spurt at a time. One, two, three more leaked out despite my best efforts to hold it. Tiny trickles turned into a steady stream, enveloping my crotch with warmth, until I finally gave up and let go.

As the warmth spread, I heaved a sigh, uncrossing my legs and relaxing into my chair. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to go this way when I finally used it. Really… this is what I’d been dreading all night? It hardly felt as gross as I feared. If anything, it was…

Again, I agree with my asinine best friend… god dammit.

Still, I couldn’t help but feel concerned about how quickly the urge went from barely noticeable to completely overwhelming. I’d only had to go at all for around forty-five minutes… that didn’t say good things about my continence. Maybe it had something to do with the refreshments Kotone got us. That wasn’t the tea she usually served…

I shrugged, picking up my teacup to take another sip. If it felt this tolerable, I really didn’t need to go out of my way to hold it as long as possible while wearing these things. Which meant even if the tea and snacks were the reason I lost it so quickly, I had no reason to care. If anything I’d just enjoy the convenience while it lasted… a day without having to worry about bathroom breaks sounded kinda nice.

I didn’t bother holding it the rest of the night.

My eyes fluttered open to the blaring alarm buzzing away on my nightstand. I stretched in bed for a moment before slowly sitting up, tapping the alarm’s off button and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

Stifling a yawn, I slowly rose to a stand and shook out the mental cobwebs. A quick look at my alarm clock showed the time as just past seven AM. So I only got five hours of sleep… I stayed up late studying for college entrance exams last night. It was summer vacation now, so I didn’t have much else to do to begin with.

As the daughter to the wealthy Yuuki family and a top scorer in my school, I didn’t exactly have a lot of friends worth spending time with outside of school hours. Barely anyone dared approach me in the first place. So free time only reminded me that I had no one to spend it with.

With a sigh, I walked into my personal bathroom, running a brush through my hair and using the restroom. A few minutes later, I emerged from my room and walked down the stairs, where our family housekeeper greeted me with a smile.

“Good morning, miss,” she said, calling up to me in a warm tone. “Breakfast has been prepared for you.”

I smiled back as I neared the bottom of the steps. “Good morning, miss Sada. Thanks for your hard work. Are we still on for noon today?”

“Of course, miss,” Sada replied with a nod. “Always a pleasure to help such a quick and eager learner.”

I walked by her into the dining room, and anxiety set in the moment I saw the person waiting at the dinner table, reading today’s newspaper with disinterest. I slowly approached the table, hesitating for a moment before sitting down.

“Good morning, mother,” I said, trying my best to sound upbeat.

She did not respond in kind. “You woke up late today, Asuna. I already finished eating,” she grumbled, irritation clear as day in her tone. “It looks like you studied very late last night. How do you feel?”

One might mistake that question as signifying concern for my wellbeing… but not me. She asked not about how I felt physically or emotionally after studying so hard all night, but rather about whether I felt I could produce the results she wanted. That’s all she ever cared about… the results.

“I consistently score in the upper third percentile every mock test I take online,” I replied, biting back a sigh. “I shouldn’t have problems getting into any school I want at this rate.”

My mother took a sip of her tea before giving me a dissatisfied look. “Upper third? You’re a Yuuki. You should aim for the upper first percentile. I expect an improved percentile next time.”

My gaze fell. Of course. I should’ve known it wouldn’t be good enough for her. I didn’t respond, instead turning to my breakfast plate. “Thanks for the food.”

As I cut into my meal, my mother set her newspaper down. “Asuna, it’s been long enough. It’s time to consider your marriage prospe—”

“Excuse me.”

Before I even took my first bite of breakfast, I stood up and left without a moment’s delay.

A hand grasped my shoulder. “Asuna? Sada’s waiting for you.”

My head rose from my pillow, and I saw my brother out of the corner of my eye. “I don’t want to be seen like this…”

I brushed his hand off my shoulder, and my head sank back into my pillow. Really… I felt like a child, sulking like this. But with everything on the line, all the pressure I knew I would face to forsake myself, I just couldn’t keep up the façade any longer.

I expected to hear him walk away. But instead, he sat down on my bed and began rubbing my back, something he always did to comfort me when I felt upset. Slowly, gently, softly, he kept soothing me until I finally relaxed, and began to speak.

“Mom says it’s time for me to get married…” I said, closing my eyes once more. “But… I don’t want to be married off to some man I don’t even know. Especially because… never mind.”

He let the silence linger for a moment. He seemed to understand how sensitive a topic this was for me. He waited for the muscles in my back I didn’t know I clenched to relax, then said, “Especially because… you’re gay?”

I froze, eyes snapping open wide. “Y… You knew?”

“I’m your older brother. Give me a little credit,” I could feel the gentle smile in his words. “You’ve never wanted anything for yourself. But then you asked Sada to help you learn to cook, right after meeting that friend at the family clinic last year. How is she doing, by the way?”

I smiled. “Her condition stabilized. I hear she’s practicing kendo again,” I said, the tension from his surprise deduction beginning to fade. “But she still has sick days when she can’t stick to her diet because of a craving. She lives a bit far, so I haven’t seen her in person in a while… but she’s doing well.”

My brother paused from rubbing my back to ruffle my hair. “You still have a thing for her, huh? To think mother is unwittingly getting in the way of something so pure,” he said, gentle as ever. “Well… something needs to be done about that. Tonight, at dinnertime, let’s tell mom and dad. Together.”

“I… I don’t think that’s a good idea…” I replied, timidity making my voice tremble slightly.

I didn’t worry about our father. I knew he would understand… but mother wouldn’t take it well. I said it already, but she only concerned herself with the results. The reason why didn’t matter to her. And I knew she wouldn’t like this result one bit.

He ruffled my hair again. “They’re your parents. I’m sure they’ll understand,” he said, full of confidence. “Besides, I’ll be with you the whole way through. All right?”

Maybe they’re like that with you…

I took a deep breath. “Okay…”

… But I’m not the golden child.

“So what should we do for lunch?”

I looked away from the TV to send a glance Sugu’s way. “It’s three in the afternoon and you’re only thinking about lunch now?

“I didn’t even wake up until after lunchtime!” she defensively sniped back. “And I’m hungry now. I don’t wanna wait until dinnertime to eat!”

I sighed, turning to Kotone for some help. But blondie turned traitor, getting up with a shrug. “Lemme check the fridge. We’re running kind of low on food though, next grocery trip is in a few days.”

As she headed for the kitchen, I felt a pressing urge for what felt like the hundredth time that day. I had to pee… again. Stifling a sigh, I relaxed and let go, further soaking the already wet diaper I’d been wearing for the past two hours. As the warmth spread, I had to begrudgingly admit that wearing diapers offered a certain level of convenience. It was kinda nice, being able to just let go without worrying about making it to the toilet… especially when I couldn’t use the toilet, like at this house, where Kotone’s parents decided to revoke my permissions for some godforsaken reason.

What wasn’t nice, on the other hand, was practically being forced to drink endless amounts of tea. Kotone kept refilling my glass all day, whenever I wasn’t looking. By the time Sugu woke up, I’d already gone through three diapers, the last of which she woke up in the middle of Kotone changing. And even after Sugu woke up, the freaking refill ninja didn’t stop. If anything, she stepped up her game, always doing it without Sugu noticing either.

And I couldn’t just not drink it either. Kotone clearly had it out for me after some of the things I said and did yesterday, and she knew enough about the situation yesterday and the Kirigaya house rules in general to get me in serious trouble back home if she really wanted to.

I’m no gambler, so I’d settle for playing along over the alternatives… Kotone was the nicest person I knew, but because she’s a prankster, the idea of pissing her off even more legitimately terrified me. The last person who… no, never mind. I didn’t even wanna think about that incident again.

As I heard Kotone begin to rummage around in the fridge, a window appeared in front of me, signifying a new unread message. I tapped it to expand the window and found a text from mom. With a quirked brow, I began to read.

“Hello, Mitsuki. I’m calling to tell you that I found a sitter for Suguha-chan. She starts tomorrow morning, so you two will need to come home tonight to meet her when she arrives. Also, after sunset tonight, your punishment will officially be over. I trust you remember how to take them off, so I’ll leave that to you.

Finally, I’ve added some funds to both your accounts, so you and your sister can go out to eat on the way home. I’ve included enough to pay for Kotone in the transfer to your account, just in case she wants to see you off. See you tonight, dear!”

It’s not like I planned to stick around here and subject myself to constant tea drinking all night, but being told I had to return home still made it sound annoying. That said, I’d almost started to get used to just letting go whenever the need arose. Returning to panties and toilets again once I got home would be quite welcome, but I still felt… kinda weird about it. No idea why.

Kotone walked over a moment later. “Yeah we’ve got nothing appetizing that wouldn’t take hours to cook. Will Sugu-chan be able to wait that long?”

I smirked. “Lucky us, she won’t have to. I just got a text from Mom. One of the things she mentioned?” I said, waving away the message window. “She added money to our accounts, enough for all three of us to go out for fast food. We’ll have to go home after that, though. Mom wants us both home for when the sitter starts tomorrow morning.”

“Well, that takes care of that,” Kotone said with a radiant grin. “Before we get packed and head out, do either of you need a change? I know I do…”

Sugu nodded, fidgeting with a blush. “Yeah, I need one too. I’ve been in the same diaper since I woke up, it’s pretty close to leaking.”

“Yeah, I’m pretty soaked myself,” I replied after a deep breath. “Kotone can change both of us, then I’ll change her. Sound good?”

Sugu blinked, before looking at me with a smug grin, almost like she thought she won something. “Really, you need a change again? That’s the third change for you since I woke up today! You sure you’re not the one who belongs in diapers here?”

I got up, waddled over and flicked her on the forehead. “Don’t get cocky. Even if I did, the two of you still belong in them just as much as before,” I told her with my best business smile. “Or have you forgotten who pooped her pants last night barely half an hour after realizing she had to go?”

Sugu’s cheeks went beet red. “T-That’s not fair, I—”

“That’s enough you two, settle down. Let’s not waste time bickering — we all need a change, so none of us are in any position to act all high and mighty,” Kotone butted in, almost sounding like mom. “But before we get down to it… Mitsuki, I don’t think you can claim to be less of a pottypants than your sister when you’ve been through five diapers in the time it took her to go through one.”

And whose fault is that, you freaking refill ninja?! As the smug grin returned to Sugu’s face, I glared at Kotone, burying my face in my left palm to stifle a blush.

One day, blondie… one day.

“See you girls later!”

Kotone said her farewells in a chipper tone, waving as the train door slid closed. Sugu and I waved back, with a smile, though mine was more relieved than anything else. Finally, I could stop peeing my pants every hour. I just hoped the refill ninja shenanigans would stop here… but knowing Kotone, it could go either way.

A short train ride later, and we found ourselves back in our home turf. As we walked out of the station, I noticed Sugu acting a little… fidgety. I had a feeling I knew exactly what that meant, but I had no intention of bringing it up myself. I couldn’t do much, whether she asked me directly or not.

Around the time we hit the residential area and became the only people out on the sidewalk, Sugu finally spoke up. “Mitsuki, can I—”

“Out of the question.” I cut her off without hesitation. I looked back at her to see her clutching her behind, as if it’d actually stop it. “I was already too lenient on you last night, but we’re going home this time. You won’t be allowed there no matter who you ask.”

“Come onnn!” she whined, a pitiful look crossing her features. “Can’t we just stop at a place with a public bathroom real quick? I don’t wanna poop myself two days in a row, it’s humiliating…!”

I sighed. This again… every time she got demoted back to diapers, she always tried to make me let her bend the rules every chance she got. Honestly, I get why this whole situation sucked for her, but… well, after being put back in diapers for a day myself, I couldn’t help but feel like she was taking a certain part of the whole ordeal for granted.

Grass is always greener, huh… I’m sure I’m just as guilty of that thinking as she is. Still…

“No means no, Sugu. Besides, do you not get how convenient it is to just go whenever the need arises? No one would even be mad, it’s literally expected of you,” I replied with a frustrated sigh. “You’ve spent so long chasing after the possibility of being able to hold it that you’ve forgotten how much happier you were when you didn’t even have to try.”

We both fell silent. She may not have remembered, but I did. She tried to toilet train a handful of times all throughout her life, but there were also long stretches of time where mom didn’t even entertain the thought. Every time Sugu got demoted back to diapers long-term, she always felt upset and depressed at first… but when she got used to it again, she became happier and more carefree than she ever felt when she tried to toilet train.

After a few moments of walking in silence, I glanced back, half-expecting to find Sugu glaring daggers at me. Given how insensitive what I just said probably was, I kinda deserved it. But to my surprise, I found a pensive frown on her face, as if carefully looking back through her memories to verify the truth of my claim.

She… didn’t reflexively dismiss it? Huh…

A moment later, she seemed to notice me giving her the side-eye. “I can’t remember super well… so I guess I just gotta test what you said while the punishment lasts,” Her cheeks reddened, and she used the hand previously clutching her behind to point dead ahead. “But just look away, will you? I don’t like people watching when I go…”

I faced forward with a smirk, barely able to keep from laughing. What did this impostor do with Sugu? But that didn’t mean I wouldn’t milk this hilarious turn of events for all it was worth… oh no, I’d get my money’s worth of laughs from this standup comedian playing at being my sister.

“Test it, huh? Interesting idea. What say we bet on it? Here’s how it’ll work: you don’t hold it at all for the rest of your two week punishment. No matter what you’re doing when the urge strikes, you let go on the spot,” I proposed, unable to hide the amusement in my tone. “Once time is up, if I’m right, you keep wearing them the rest of summer vacation. If you feel worse, I’ll do any one thing you ask, with the same time limit of the end of summer vacation. How about it?”

Sugu seemed to ponder for a moment, before replying in a hesitant tone. “It’s really silly, but… I’ll do it. Either you’re right and I’m happier, or you’re wrong and I get a free pass to order you around,” she said, her logic surprisingly sound. “If I win, you’ll spar with me every kendo practice day for the rest of summer break!”

My smirk softened into a normal smile. A surprisingly simple request. Honestly, she could’ve just asked me normally. I practiced SCA armored combat instead of kendo these days, but I could always stand to dust off my old shoto and daito for a good round or two with my sister. Honestly, I’d probably do it even if I won the bet.

No need to tell her that now, though.

I nodded. “All right, it’s on. Let’s get started right away. You know what that means!”

“… I’m about to poop my pants?” She audibly gulped.

“Yup. On the count of three. One…” I replied, starting to get way more into it than was probably appropriate.  “Two… three! Relax those muscles and let your body do the rest.”

“Okay…”

After giving the affirmative, she fell silent. I listened closely for any sounds that might give it away. Sure enough, I heard a distinctive crinkle, just a bit louder than the sound she made on the walk so far, along with a bout of muffled flatulence every few seconds or so. I could hardly believe how seriously she was taking the bet… what an amusingly crazy day.

After she finished doing the deed, we spent the rest of the walk home in much more peaceful, amicable chitchat.

I swear to god, this story keeps taking me by surprise. I’m the author, but I’m kinda just letting the characters do their thing, so there are many deviations from the original plans that happen as the characters take the reins here and there.

Not much else to say, really. If you liked what you read, or even if you didn’t, be sure to leave a comment telling me your thoughts! Feedback is the only way for an author to quickly improve, and I want as much as I can get in my endless pursuit of perfection.

See you next time!

1 minute ago, Night Rain said:

Asuna debuted interesting with that.

Yep. Her introduction is mostly setup, but she'll become a regular member of the cast soon enough. This story essentially has three main characters: Mitsuki, Suguha and Asuna. But Asuna can't fit in the first few chapters due to their narrative focus being something of a mismatch, so I've been saving her in my back pocket until there's enough room for her to join the cast. We're still not fully there yet, but we're close enough that I could throw out a little teaser with today's chapter.

2 hours ago, Night Rain said:

Little surprised you did choose Asuna could have went with Alice, Shino or any of the others girls. Might have been nice to see someone new take center stage.

Oh, they'll be in the story too actually, I'll just be introducing them after summer break ends in-universe (along with Lisbeth, Argo, Selka, and possibly Sachi, LLENN and Pitohui, though it's also worth noting that Yuuki, Rain and Seven will be introduced before school starts back up). As for why I chose Asuna, I think I mentioned early on this story started off as a rewrite of Asuna's Descent and became its own thing after the fact, right? Well, Asuna was the main character of that story, so... xD

Back to Alice and Sinonon tho, while I already know how I want to include everyone's favorite sniper, I haven't quite pieced together what I want to do with Alice. Idk who to pair her with is the main thing (I would say Eugeo, but like, it's an all girls school and I'm not interested in genderbending him, lol), but I also haven't really decided how I'll introduce her, or how I'll pad her up. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share.

You can make Alice the foreign exchange student, or if you don't wanna go that route. You can make her friends with Asuna as for how to pad her up maybe she was never potty trained or if you wanna take some of the LN elements. You could say her robot body has methods of exspelling waste and other means and she's not quite used to doing that and has to be padded.

Yooooooooooo, two chapters in one week! Has my turnaround time improved or what? Pretty sure I haven’t had an update this quick since the start of ODGAD. It’s a bit crazy. xD

I’ve actually been using one of the scenes in this chapter as motivation to work on this story for months now. I just had a vision stuck in my head that I had to write out, and I kept working on the story mostly to get to that scene. Now that I’ve written it out already, I have another scene motivating me, so hopefully I’ll be able to keep up a decent pace with these updates.

Anyway, that’s all for now. See you in the bottom author’s note!

Chapter Five: The Sitter

“We’re home!”

I opened the door and the two of us rushed in, eager to find respite from the harsh summer heat. Mom came out from the kitchen, appearing more than a little perplexed.

“Welcome home you two! I thought you wouldn’t be back for another few hours though…” she said, eyeing us with concern. “Is something the matter?”

I shook my head. “Nah, not really. Sugu overslept, so we ended up using the money you gave us for a belated lunch,” I replied, before stifling a smirk. “Though I guess if there’s anything, Sugu needs a change. She pooped herself on the way back.”

Mom walked over and took the flustered Sugu’s hand, preparing to head for the bedroom. “Oh dear, let’s change you out of that. Wouldn’t want a rash,” she said, before turning to me. “What about you, Mitsuki? Do you need a change?”

I blinked, before instinctively reaching down to feel my diaper. Since leaving Kotone’s place, I wet myself twice, once at the fast food joint and once on the way home. The diaper could definitely stand to hold more, but honestly, it’d been long enough that it felt mildly uncomfortable sitting around in it.

“I’d say so, yeah,” I replied, walking with them into the hall. “It’s not close to leaking, but it’s getting cold and clammy. And I don’t really want a rash either, so…”

Mom nodded. “All right, I’ll change you after Suguha-chan,” she said just as we entered Sugu’s bedroom. “I expected you to arrive home after sunset, but since you didn’t, you’ll have to wear one more diaper until then.”

I shrugged. “Yes, mom.”

I really didn’t care. I still had a bunch of water in my system from Kotone’s antics, so honestly, wearing one more would be preferable over constantly getting up to use the toilet all night. I’d probably wear it past sunset because of that and to make sure my overhydration didn’t make me wet the bed, but I’d throw it away tomorrow morning and mom would be none the wiser.

Hours later, as I slowly drifted off to sleep in a warm, recently wet diaper, it occurred to me that I probably lucked out, not having go to number two for the full duration of my punishment.

“All right, kids! Time to form groups!”

Oh no…

At the teacher’s word, the class began to gather into groups. Before long, everyone had found a group to join… except me. I stood alone, unwanted by anyone. This always happened. I should’ve been used to it by now. But every time it happened, it hurt just as much as the last.

As usual, the teacher’s sunny attitude didn’t falter. He walked over to me and took my hand, leading me to a nearby group. “You three, can you please let Mitsuki-chan join your group?”

One of the girls in the group faked a gag. “No way, she always stinks! Why can’t they take her?”

As she pointed to another group, the rest of the class broke into laughter. Of course… no one would want a third grader who still wore diapers in their group. The class made jokes at my expense every chance they got… no matter how upset I got, they just laughed all the harder.

The teacher reprimanded them, but they never cared. He never actually punished them for it, so why would they care? They’d get away with it anyway, so they had no reason to stop. The teacher seemed to think the bullying would motivate me to potty train… but if it were that easy, I would’ve done it years ago.

Later that day, on the way to recess, one of the tomboyish girls in my class ran up to me and lifted the back of my dress. “Hey, have you pooped yourself yet?”

I froze in terror as the kids around me all stared with sneers on their faces. The tomboy used her other hand to pull the waistband of my diaper out a bit and check it. After she finished checking me, she stuck something to the back of my dress with tape, keeping the hem from falling down. Oh no… I couldn’t reach it to take it off, but everyone would see my diaper like this…!

Halfway through recess, while playing by myself, my tummy began to feel bad. I knew what that meant, so I began to walk to the door back inside. If I could just make it to the bathroom this time, mommy might let me try to potty train again. But then…

The same tomboy from before stuck her foot out and tripped me. I tumbled to the ground with a loud thud. I didn’t scrape my knee this time, but the damage had been done. A warm, soft mess slid out of my behind and into the back of my diaper, right in front of the whole class. As my diaper bulged out from the growing mess, tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, while every child near me laughed uncontrollably. Right… no matter how hard I tried to make it, I’d always be the poopy girl.

The teacher supervising recess saw my accident and led me inside to the nurse. I knew this meant I wouldn’t be going back out for recess today, but… as long as I could get out of this messy diaper and away from those bratty classmates, I’d be okay.

As we walked through the halls, the teacher spoke up. “Oh? What’s this on your back?”

He ripped off the thing that tomboy taped onto my dress, showing it to me as my dress fell back down to cover my diaper. A piece of paper, with a message written in big letters.

“Tell me when I poop!”

A tear fell down my cheek. Why were the kids in my class so mean? I couldn’t help it…!

That night, mom and I were called in for parent-teacher meetings. After going over my grades, my teacher asked me to go out into the hall so he and my mom could speak in private. He began talking to my mom after I left the classroom, but I could hear every word.

“Miss Kirigaya, we have to talk about your daughter’s bathroom habits,” he said, sounding a little reluctant. “She still poops herself every day. She’s showing no signs of improvement, so the other teachers and I reached a decision. If she isn’t out of diapers by the end of third grade, I’m afraid we’ll have to hold her back until she is.”

Oh no…!

Mom stayed silent at first. She looked like she could barely process what she just heard. But then, she took a deep breath, and began to speak in a slow, measured tone.

“… We’ll—”

I awoke to the jarring feeling of cold air meeting my nether regions. My eyes snapped open wide, only to catch a girl my age with fiery red hair standing over me, untaping my diaper with one hand and reaching for a wet wipe with the other. I froze, unable to make any sense of what was happening. Our eyes met for just an instant, and she offered a smile.

“Sorry for waking you up,” she said, offering a nervous laugh. “I figured I’d check your diaper while you slept, and it looked pretty soaked. I tried to be as careful and quiet as possible with this, but I guess you’re a light sleeper…”

I couldn’t reply. My mind drew a complete blank, unable to form sentences. I could only think one thing, and that was…

Holy shit she’s hot! And pretty…

Hazel eyes, with hair dyed a blazing red. She had a slim figure with curves in all the right places, and she wore a white, one-piece dress with sky blue shawl over her shoulders, and a matching ribbon tied beneath her curvy chest, and… oh god, her chest…

Wait, stop staring! Focus!

As I watched her wipe me off, then roll up the used diaper, I noticed it looked wetter than it felt last night. So I really wet the bed… damn it Kotone! On an unrelated note, something about this redhead felt… familiar. Like I’d seen her before, but I couldn’t place where. But while I pondered this quandary, I noticed her unfolding a new d—

“U-Um, I don’t… I don’t normally… wear diapers,” I meekly pointed out.

In the time it took me to finish saying that, she’d already finished unfolding it and started lifting me up. Too stunned to react, I watched as she gave me a playful smile and slid the diaper under me anyway.

“I wouldn’t be here if you didn’t,” she said in a playful tone. “It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. My younger sister wears them too, and she’s the smartest person I know.”

With the diaper positioned properly, she let my legs down and reached for the rash cream. Did… did she mistake me for Suguha? What should I even do about that…? I was still half asleep, and too stunned by everything to react. I could barely even speak… but I had to say something…!

“But that was… it was already… wet. I just… went to bed in it,” I fumbled out, before internally panicking.

Fuck, literally the worst misspeak I’ve ever done! I thought, a furious blush heating my cheeks. God, I gay panicked so hard I might as well be talking in keysmash!

She blinked, before giving me a suspiciously sunny smile. “I see, so you don’t tell people about your accidents. Guess I’ll have to check you regularly then.”

My face felt even hotter. God, I really needed to calm down… as she carefully applied the cold rash cream, I focused on taking slow, deep breaths, trying to relax as much as possible. She was about to put me in another diaper… and she had mistaken me for Sugu.

With the stupid crap I just said, I doubt I could explain myself properly without weirding her out a bunch, and I did not want the new hot sitter’s first impression of me to be that I’m a creep. But I could at least clear up the mistaken identity… I just had no idea what to do about being put back in diapers again.

What to do…

“Okay, all done!” she cheerfully announced, standing up straight and offering me a hand. “Wanna get up now, or do you want to go back to sleep? Your call. I’m here to change you, not boss you around.”

I blinked. In the time I spent thinking about it, I apparently spaced out long enough for her to finish changing me. Nothing to be done about it now, I guess… I’d just have to play along until I thought of a better alternative. Besides… gaming without bathroom breaks sounded pretty convenient, at least. It’d really help when the Nerve Gear came out, since I’d be lying in bed for hours during long gaming sessions.

Well… I can justify it however I want, it’s still gonna be weird as hell…

I took her hand, standing up and waddling over to my dresser for some new clothes. “I’ll get up, but… Sugu probably needs a change, too.”

I saw the sitter’s eyes open wide with surprise. “You mean… you’re Mitsuki? Guess I checked the wrong room by mistake… I’ll go check on her,” she replied in mortified disbelief. For a moment, I froze wondering if she made the connection. But then, she simply gave a sheepish smile, walking out into the hall and muttering something under her breath. “I didn’t know they both needed diapers…”

As the door shut behind her, I finally found myself alone with my thoughts. That was… an experience. Now that I actually had the time and space to think, it really sank in just how screwed I was. I knew I could convince Sugu to keep quiet, but even if she didn’t tell mom, she’d eventually find out. I had to figure out a way to get out of this before that happened… but I couldn’t think of anything that’d fool my mother forever, which meant the answer lie elsewhere.

In the meantime… I guess I have to just play along.

As I changed my clothes and got ready for the day, I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if I couldn’t think of anything before mom found out.

I haven’t had that dream in a while…

As I absentmindedly cooked French toast for the three of us, my mind couldn’t help but wander back to the dream I had last night. A distant memory from my past… from before I was toilet trained. I’d almost forgotten all about it, since it happened so long ago, so far back we still lived at the old house.

And every time I have that dream, I wet the bed… I sighed in frustration. So I guess my hydration didn’t matter.

Naturally, I still had no idea how to deal with this weird situation I found myself in. I couldn’t really tell the sitter I didn’t need them when my words and actions suggested otherwise, and even if she believed me, I’d just look like a creep… and I’d rather be on more friendly terms with someone that far into my strike zone.

But on the flipside, if I let the misunderstanding continue, mom would definitely find out eventually. She didn’t keep track of the diaper supply as well as Sugu’s pullups, but I couldn’t hide it forever for many reasons. And I didn’t even wanna know the punishment in store for me once she found out…

I have to find a way out of this before we run out of diapers… I thought, dexterously flipping the perfectly golden brown french toast slices onto a nearby plate and moving onto the next batch. If I don’t, she’ll figure it out for sure.

“Something smells good in here,” a familiar bright, sunny voice chirped. “French toast? Looks great.”

I glanced back to find the redheaded sitter smiling over at me. God, that smile…! I turned away to hide the impending blush. “I figure if you’re here, mom’s already gone. And if mom’s gone, I’m the one who handles cooking. There’ll be enough for you too, of course.”

“Great! Thanks,” she said, before walking towards the kitchen. “I can help out, if you’d like.”

I put my free hand out in a stopping motion. “Nah, I’m good. If you’re only here to… to change us, then you’re basically a guest,” I said, trying to hide the nervousness in my tone. “It’s normal to do the cooking yourself when you have guests. I’m no five star chef, but I can handle simple stuff at least.”

That was a lie. I didn’t care about the social norms regarding guests at all. Heck, I cooked at Kotone’s house a lot. But we had a small kitchen here. I needed time to adjust before letting someone with those looks get that close to me…

Come to think of it though, she literally changed my diaper before even telling me her…

Oh… how did I forget something so basic?

“By the way, I assume you learned our names from mom,” I said, glancing back at her out of the corner of my eye. After an expert flip to cook the other side of the French toast, I continued. “But mom didn’t tell us yours. What should I call you?”

Our eyes met, and she smiled. “My name is Karatachi Nijika. But my friends just call me Rain, so let’s go with that.”

Karatachi Nijika… the name sounds familiar, I noted with a blink to refocus my eyes. And I swear I’ve seen her face somewhere before…

I nodded before returning my gaze to the French toast. “All right then. Nice to meet you, Rain.”

Facing away from her, my lips curled into a wry smile.

But I really, really wish I made a better first impression…

Around the time I finished cooking for all three of us, I heard a yawn coming from the hallway. I turned to face Sugu with a stare she recognized from our childhood. It meant, “play along.” She gave a subtle nod, before walking to the dinner table and stretching as she sat down.

Her groggy voice rang out with a query. “… What’s for breakfast?”

I set our plates, glasses of water and silverware down one thing at a time. Sugu sat across from me and Rain sat to the right of mine. After fetching the syrup, I plopped down into my seat. My cheeks reddened a tiny bit as the impact made my diaper crinkle. For a split second, I saw Sugu’s eyes widen just a bit, before she returned to normal and grabbed the syrup.

Good, she figured it out. Now she just needs to act natural and Rain won’t suspect a thing.

After she finished stranding her french toast in a sea of syrup and passed the bottle over to me, she spoke, stifling a yawn. “… So is she the sitter?”

“Yep. I’m Karatachi Nijika, but call me Rain.” She gave Sugu the same sunny smile she gave me earlier. “I actually go to the same school as you two. I’m a second year like Mitsuki.”

Oh you have got to be kidding me…

My eyes flashed in recognition as I took my first bite of French toast. She felt so familiar because she went to our school. The class rep of the class down the hall from mine. A girl with the last name Karatachi, who went by Rain… how did it take me this long to figure out? Maybe it was the casual clothes. Well, whatever. The problem is…

She’s part of the popular crowd. In other words… I thought, masking my bitter smile with another bite. She’s out of my league. I guess I should’ve realized that before now, considering our first interaction was her changing my diaper, but… it still sucks.

“I’m Suguha. Nice to meet you,” Sugu said with a grin, which quickly vanished as her face turned inquisitive. “So, did I actually wake up dry today, or did you…?”

Rain’s smile faltered. “Sorry, you didn’t make it. I changed you while you were sleeping,” she said, her eyes downcast. But then, her lips quirked. “But it’s nothing to feel bad about. I changed your sister this morning too, and she was a lot wetter than you were.”

A fiery blush erupted on my face as I choked on a sip of water and began to cough my lungs out. I’m sure my face looked about as red as Rain’s hair. Sugu burst out laughing, and I heard a playful snicker from Rain. Great… reduced to the butt of a joke by the hottest person in school.

Sugu’s laughter calmed down just enough for her to get in her own shot. “You know sis, after yesterday and this morning, I’m starting to— haha— I’m starting to think you need diapers more than I do.”

Says the girl who pooped her pants twice in two days!

As the coughing calmed down and calm returned to the table, I stifled an exasperated sigh.

Well… that happened.

Yep. Mitsuki’s love interest is Rain from the gameverse continuity. If you don’t know who that is, look up Karatachi Nijika on the SAO wiki. I decided to have her dye her hair to make her look more like her in-game avatar, mainly because I prefer the redhead avatar over her irl light brown hair.

Rain is one of the only female characters in the story I had no plans to pad up. But that said, I’m open to suggestions. If you have any ideas on how to get her to wear them, feel free to drop a comment on the story or in DMs with me. I can’t promise I’ll use them, but it shouldn’t be super hard to convince me if you have a good idea for how to do it.

Apart from that, not much to say. See you next chapter!