Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Question for Betwetters

Hi guys, I have a question for those of you that like to wet the bed. This is something I've never done but I've been feeling curious about and wanted to try but I never have because of the logistics involved. My issue is that I don't want to ruin or stain the mattress and or leave noticeable pee stains on the sheets, so what do you guys do to avoid this if you're not using diapers? Do you use some type of cover under the sheets like plastic bags? And the sheets do I have to immediately wash them after wetting to avoid leaving stains? And for those of you that have actually wet the bed for real and not intentionally what do you after if you didn't have cover, any special way to clean the mattress afterwards?

I'm just curious about this because there's been many times that I wake up in the morning needing to pee and feel like I want to just wet myself in the bed but these issues arise every time and always stops me.  

I have an actual waterproof sheet that i put on top of mattress and underneath the normal sheet. Between the 2 sheets I then put a couple of towels so that the pee will soak in. This avoids pooling and gives more comfort lying down and also provides a more close feeling after you have peed to what wetting direct into the mattress is like, which is what i personally am always trying to replicate. 
If you not have a special sheet then decent bin bags taped together will do fine for that purpose. As for washing sheet, i have left mine on after peeing to dry and re-wet it a few times and never had any stains remain after finally washing it so i would say no hurry to wash them after wetting if you dont want to.  

I don't wear diapers, and generally the clothes I wear to bed are pretty lightweight.  I wet the bed usually 2-8 times a month, always on purpose.

I have my mattress encased in two zippered waterproof covers.  A quilt goes on top of that. 

After wetting the bed, I can gather the quilt up and stuff it into a plastic bag, and it will take most of my pee with it.  I can then wipe down the plastic cover with a towel, and deploy a dry quilt.  The towel and my wet clothes go into a bag as well, and then the lot can go into the wash at the next opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...

As others have said your best bet is to get a good mattress cover to avoid ruining your mattress. If that isn't an option for what ever reason there are pet stain removers. I have also found success in using a spray bottle of vinegar to remove the stain and smell from the mattress. Don't soak the bed in it but mist it over the stained area. Then dump baking soda over the wet area to pull the wetness from the mattress. After that you can vacuum the baking soda up.