Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Have You Been in a Mixed Sex Situation Where Only Men Were Able to Go to the Bathroom?

Many gay bars are set up to cater primarily to men.  Gay bars in the middle of major metropolitan areas don't options for remodeling--they have to work with the space and setup they have.  Thus, there are many in New York City and San Francisco that have limited bathroom facilities.

I know of two bars that have a very specific bathroom setup:  A men's room consisting of only urinals (both have three urinals, oddly enough) and a unisex one-seater bathroom.

Both of these bars draw a very mixed crowed that includes lots of cis women.  One of them even had a ladies' night on Tuesdays.  At times the line to the unisex bathroom can get a bit long.

Here's the thing--I've been at these bars when the unisex bathroom has been out of order.  Typical bar reasons--someone throwing up and making a mess, the toilet clogging, nothing too out of the ordinary.  However, when this happens the *only* remaining restroom in the bar is the men's room, which once again consists of only urinals.

The women are then faced with a choice:

1. Hold it.

2. Dash out the door and try to get into another bar to use the restroom there.

3. Boldly stroll into the men's room and attempt to use a urinal.

I've seen many, many women choose option three, sometimes with a grin and a shrug, other times after fidgeting for ages and working up their courage.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it rare to have the sorts of mixed company situations where extremely desperate women have zero options to go whereas men are able and likely to go just out of convenience like you describe, bu

I've noticed that at most music festivals I've been to, the male "open air" urinals seemed to be abundant and dotted about all over the place, yet the ladies port-a-loos were always grouped together i

Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of

Posted Images

@markbassplayer

I can kind of understand the logic if it's a gay bar for men having more men's places to go to the bathroom, but in any place where there is a mixed sex situation, including places that actually have a ladies night or an equal amount of gay men and women, that is a truly horrendous set up for the women really.
This goes back to what I was saying in my other thread about how the fact that men have urinals gives them a lot more options especially when there is only single toilet option for the women. This is the perfect illustration of that, if the one toilet for sitting down that only women can use is out of order the men still have three places to pee, whereas the women have nothing.

I have been in numerous situations where the women had only one toilet that was out of order and they close the entire ladies room, where is the men still had urinals to use of the men's room remained open. I mean I can understand you can't help it if it's broken, but still when you have a situation where you have a restroom for men but literally nothing for women that is truly a frustrating situation! And it goes back to my pet peeve that I am frequently talking about, a lot of situations people accept that, situations where there are bathrooms or urinary relief options for men where the women are just sort of expected to stoically hold it out of necessity or convenience.

And even in a situation where it's not out of order the men still have four potential places to pee to only one place for the women, so the men will always have the express lane of the urinals probably without any real wait, whereas the women might have to wait for ages for the only toilet to become available.

I have to admit it must be fun to go to a bar like that though as a guy and get to see all of those women squirming around, but it would really be frustrating to be a woman in that situation. I know that in a situation like that I would probably just continue to hold it until I could take it no longer and would have to go somewhere else and find a bathroom. But again if you are in a mixed sex situation and you are the only woman there, there is of course the peer pressure to just put up with the situation, so you end up standing there and holding it all day while your male companions are relieving themselves whenever they feel the need as you sit there squirming and fidgeting impatiently wondering when you are finally going to get to a bathroom.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:38 AM, DesperateJill said:

@markbassplayer

I have to admit it must be fun to go to a bar like that though as a guy and get to see all of those women squirming around, but it would really be frustrating to be a woman in that situation. I know that in a situation like that I would probably just continue to hold it until I could take it no longer and would have to go somewhere else and find a bathroom. But again if you are in a mixed sex situation and you are the only woman there, there is of course the peer pressure to just put up with the situation, so you end up standing there and holding it all day while your male companions are relieving themselves whenever they feel the need as you sit there squirming and fidgeting impatiently wondering when you are finally going to get to a bathroom.

It is fun, although I feel a bit guilty when it happens because it truly is unfair.  I will admit my favorite part is watching when girls make up their mind to use the men's room--the deep breath, the determined walk, pushing open the door, then awkwardly pulling down their clothes and maneuvering to squat in front of a urinal--often next to a man.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:19 AM, markbassplayer said:

It is fun, although I feel a bit guilty when it happens because it truly is unfair.  I will admit my favorite part is watching when girls make up their mind to use the men's room--the deep breath, the determined walk, pushing open the door, then awkwardly pulling down their clothes and maneuvering to squat in front of a urinal--often next to a man.

In your experience, are women more likely to approach a urinal from the front or the back? 

On 7/6/2021 at 7:02 PM, bibibibi said:

In your experience, are women more likely to approach a urinal from the front or the back? 

The vast majority I've seen approach it by squatting while facing away from it, like these three examples:

https://thumb-p1.xhcdn.com/a/huLRPzPOHN214Y1bSQS3UQ/000/336/058/741_1000.jpg

https://thumb-p5.xhcdn.com/a/MPSVXgjkXri5cW-niIMCnw/000/336/059/215_1000.jpg

https://thumb-p7.xhcdn.com/a/ZWmOeV3euC1GugFKCprOxw/000/336/064/657_1000.jpg

I've only seen a woman use a urinal by standing and facing it twice.  One girl walked confidently to the urinal, slide her jeans and panties down to mid-thigh, positioned things with her hand, and seemed very comfortable aiming (there were privacy dividers, so I was only able to see her general positioning).

The other girl didn't use her hand to position her bits and instead simply kind of thrust her crotch forward and hoped for the best....and as a result, pissed all over herself.

@markbassplayer

Most videos and images that I have seen of women trying to use urinals do usually involve them turning around and squatting into the urinals like a toilet, which is probably the best option because like you said if you just try to pull your crotch forward you will most likely pee all over yourself. Even backing up your ass into the urinal like a toilet probably won't result in the best experience for you! Urinals are meant for men to be peeing straight down into them rather than women trying to aim their asses and nether regions backwards into them. Urinals generally weren't designed with women in mind which is why it's so tricky for women to use them.

I’ve been in situations where it was the other way around, where women were permitted restroom breaks and men weren’t.

The closest equivalent to a time I’d experienced when men could take a leak and women couldn’t was more of a case where men found it more convenient/less embarrassing than the women did.  I was driving along a two-lane highway in the middle of a desert when it turned out that some jackasses up ahead had everybody stopped for...filming some shit I think.  A bunch of guys took leaks off the sides of the road pretty nonchallantly, but the women were much more hesitant to relieve themselves publicly.  Needless to say, I let them know exactly what I thought of their little project once I caught up with the crew, in more than just the verbal sense, after being made to waste three hours idling in 110 degree Fahrenheit heat for the sake of some asshole’s vanity project, there were plenty of other desert roads that weren’t in use they could’ve filmed on.  I was really tempted to try and take the car off-road and go around that bullshit, but decided against it since I didn't have a spare tire in case something happened.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
6 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@markbassplayer

Urinals are meant for men to be peeing straight down into them rather than women trying to aim their asses and nether regions backwards into them. Urinals generally weren't designed with women in mind which is why it's so tricky for women to use them.

And that's the essence of why I find it so exciting to see women trying to use them.  It's the culmination of a fascinating formula:

1. The desperation that leads her to go into a men's bathroom, and the taboo nature of being in there.

2. The frustration with not having a stall to use (for whatever reason)

3. Culminating in the decision that she has no choice but to try to maneuver herself to somehow use something that was absolutely not designed for her anatomy, surrounded by men, while trying not to expose herself, and also trying to not piss on her leg or her clothes.

It's fun to see which position a girl chooses, and to see the mix of embarrassment and concentration on her face. 

9 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@markbassplayer

Most videos and images that I have seen of women trying to use urinals do usually involve them turning around and squatting into the urinals like a toilet, which is probably the best option because like you said if you just try to pull your crotch forward you will most likely pee all over yourself. Even backing up your ass into the urinal like a toilet probably won't result in the best experience for you! Urinals are meant for men to be peeing straight down into them rather than women trying to aim their asses and nether regions backwards into them. Urinals generally weren't designed with women in mind which is why it's so tricky for women to use them.

*straight forward, not straight down.

@markbassplayer

"3. Culminating in the decision that she has no choice but to try to maneuver herself to somehow use something that was absolutely not designed for her anatomy, surrounded by men, while trying not to expose herself, and also trying to not piss on her leg or her clothes."

This is the frustrating thing that came up in the other thread that I started about Street urinals, they had Street urinals for all of the men and when the woman ended up peeing on the side of the road because they didn't have anything for the women the judge said that she should have used the urinal in spite of the fact that it was not designed for them to use it in the same way as men. That is part of the frustration of the situation I think, there is basically a bathroom there that is made and designed exclusively or primarily for use by men and the women are supposed to make do with the same, meaning in most instances that they would be unable to use one effectively without really embarrassing themselves.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

This is the frustrating thing that came up in the other thread that I started about Street urinals, they had Street urinals for all of the men and when the woman ended up peeing on the side of the road because they didn't have anything for the women the judge said that she should have used the urinal in spite of the fact that it was not designed for them to use it in the same way as men. That is part of the frustration of the situation I think, there is basically a bathroom there that is made and designed exclusively or primarily for use by men and the women are supposed to make do with the same, meaning in most instances that they would be unable to use one effectively without really embarrassing themselves.

Kink / fetish aside, that is completely unfair and frustrating.  I've seen a few attempts to design urinals for women, but none seem to have caught on.

This is a picture I came across recently of a more female-friendly design being tested out at a festival--but if you're wearing jeans (or basically anything other than a dress/skirt) it would leave you extremely exposed.

mXsInud.jpg.1b69c4f3ea8e60d84d5908c7414a219a.jpg (1300×867) (peefans.com)

@DesperateJill, your comment also reminded me of this picture - more than a little awkward, and it's a good thing she had a long jacket to cover up with:

miec7SR.jpg.fdfcff08b6bab685c49f3345420a52cb.jpg (1200×1600) (peefans.com)

Edited by markbassplayer
Formatting (see edit history)

@markbassplayer

I enjoyed those pictures but they are the perfect illustration of exactly why female urinals haven't really caught on as unless you are wearing a dress or skirt they are almost impossible to use, and even then you are still kind of exposing yourself probably more than you would want to and probably still risking getting your clothing wet. The fact is that women just can't use urinals as efficiently and privately as men can because they are built for men with male equipment. Most female urinals would probably require some type of female urinary device to be used every time, and even those tend to be a bit mess,y so it makes sense to provide toilets instead of a urinal given that it is so much more difficult for a woman to use a urinal you might as well just provide a full stall, except in the case of street urinals they just provide street urinals and basically nothing for the women is what the issue really is though.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2021 at 11:28 PM, huberp76 said:

Amsterdam must be a good place for boys who likes girls desperate to pee.

To imagine that two boys make a walk in the city with their girlfriends. The boys take a pee in one of this street urinals.

The girls are waiting outside with their bladders full too, but nowhere to go for girls, they have to hold it, maybe for hours more.

Exciting to imagine that the boys go in a second time,  but the girls did not wee even one time.

For boys who like it if girls have to hold a full bladder must it be very exciting and arousing to know that the girls are needing to wee, to know that they have a very full bladder in their abdomen, but they can’t go and have to wait during the boys pee in a street urinal.

Maybe the girls tell the boys that they would need to wee as well urgently, but they have no opportunity.

Then they go on with their sightseeing, the boys very relieved, but the girls have to wait and to hold it sometimes for hours longer.