Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Have You Been in a Mixed Sex Situation Where Only Men Were Able to Go to the Bathroom?

I imagine that this will break down in very different reactions based on gender lines. I think that for men this is like a dream come true but even for women who enjoy desperation it can be like the ultimate nightmare.

As I have mentioned numerous to be in a job that's outdoors and sometimes there are bathrooms, sometimes there aren't, but when there aren't grossly results and the women having to hold all day and most do so without trying to show it or actively complaining but the whole day everybody has to know what the situation was.

This sort of inspired my latest story about men peeing on the side of the road where I was chatting with somebody about a similar situation where he remembered being on a bus just like I had and he remembered that the bus would stop several times for the men to pee on the side of the road or just have brief stops where everybody could just run and have a quick pee, but mostly just the men. So it was a situation where the bathroom stops for women were very few and far between. Then when they finally did get a chance to go to the bathroom the women would be basically screaming at the men to hurry up and move out of the way so that they could get to the bathroom and he thought that this was rather comical and that the women seemed like they were insane. But he came from it from a male perspective because he has never been in a situation where he had to go to the bathroom for several hours as women were getting to pee and he wasn't. So I pretty much had to explain to him that if you had not peed in for six hours while you had to see the men going on the side of the road you would be ready to go insane as well!

So my question is to all of you men and women out there have you ever been in a situation where you are in a group situation with lots of men and women where you knew that the men were peeing and that the women weren't and how did that affect your interaction? Were the men thinking all of these women haven't peed all this time and thinking about the contents of their bladder? Were the women thinking that they were furious that the men got to pee and that they were just trying to ignore that fact as best they can? How did you feel with that.

That was what my friend thought when he read my story, that I really picked up the tension of a situation like that perfectly. It really is sort of a crazy situation such as a bus ride where the men are frequently stopping to pee on the side of the road but the women are expected to keep holding and then the women are just also expected at the same time to just be really cordial to the men and ignore the fact that their bladders are getting fuller by the hour.

To me that just seems like one of the craziest situations in the world and I know that for a lot of people that would be a very exciting situation, but at the same time you have to think, this is crazy, and it's weird to think that you're interacting where the women have these full bladders and the men have empty bladders and they are just interacting like it's fully normal and just going about the situation. But you can see how the women would be getting antsy and rather testy over time, and I think that the men probably don't realize just how uncomfortable it is to have to interact with others when you have a very full bladder like that.

So my question is when you are in situations like this how were the interactions between men and women and how were you thinking specifically about the situation and handling your interaction with the opposite sex?

One of the things that I was going for that story to try to get across was just how frustrating it would be to be a woman with a full bladder and having to argue with men that you want relief and knowing that they hold all the cards. It is certainly a very tense situation when all of the men have gone to the bathroom and you as a woman are trying to convince the male driver of the bus that you should be able to get to a bathroom and knowing that they aren't going to budge on the issue and you just have to deal with the situation as best you can. Nothing is more difficult than arguing with a full bladder.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it rare to have the sorts of mixed company situations where extremely desperate women have zero options to go whereas men are able and likely to go just out of convenience like you describe, bu

I've noticed that at most music festivals I've been to, the male "open air" urinals seemed to be abundant and dotted about all over the place, yet the ladies port-a-loos were always grouped together i

Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of

Posted Images

I find it rare to have the sorts of mixed company situations where extremely desperate women have zero options to go whereas men are able and likely to go just out of convenience like you describe, but it is pretty common to have situations where the options available are quicker or more convenient or more sanitary for men than women so moderately desperate women are likely to hold it when moderately desperate men wouldn't. Using your example, unless it's just me and my girlfriend, I would be extremely reluctant to pee on the side of the road in mixed company just out of convenience because of mild desperation. It is fairly common in my experience for mildly to moderately desperate women to pass up opportunities to use a dirty toilet or wait in a long bathroom line while men aren't as affected and can go with convenience, which I have seen lead to extreme desperation on occasion if they misjudge when the next opportunity to relieve themselves will be.

The most salient of these situations I remember was a time I went to see a concert by a female pop star with my girlfriend, four of her friends, and a couple of her friends' boyfriends. The concert had a large majority female fans because of who we were seeing, so the line for the women's bathroom after the concert was unfathomably long and disorganized, stretching back really far out the door and also multiple people across. After I and the other boyfriends had used the men's room, we went over to talk to the women, and they ended up all deciding among themselves that considering how long the line was and how it was hardly moving, there was no point in waiting because we wanted to catch our bus and it probably wouldn't take that much longer to get home than waiting in the line. My girlfriend was a little bit desperate and vocalized her disappointment, and a couple of her friends were VERY desperate - one had a look of agony on her face, and the other couldn't stand still and was shuffling side to side. The other two women didn't really complain much and seemed comfortable as far as I could tell. We all took the bus back to one friend's apartment to hang out after, and while on the bus, the women who didn't get to go were pretty peeved about the situation, although they were joking about it and teasing each other a little, including the two who didn't look like they had to go that bad, and my girlfriend and the two very desperate women were being good sports about it and laughing along even though they were annoyed by the situation. The two other boyfriends and I did not join in the teasing and limited our participation to making a couple encouraging comments about how we would get to the apartment soon, at least in my case partly because I felt bad for them and figured my participation would be unwelcome given the unfair dynamic, and partly because I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to engage in fetish-fulfilling behavior with either of the women who weren't my girlfriend. Hard to recall specifics, but there were definitely complaints about how long the women's room line had been compared to the men's, and I agreed and said it wasn't fair, that they should have planned better, or something along those lines.

When we finally got to the bus stop, we still had a short walk back to the apartment, and by this point the woman who had that look of agony on her face earlier had to bend over with her hands in her pockets while walking. This was much to the delight of one of the non-desperate women (the one whose apartment we were visiting, in fact), who laughed a bit about how funny she looked, but by this point the extremely desperate woman was no longer in the mood for being teased and looked pretty miffed about the whole thing, so the teasing stopped and the rest of the short walk was just us boyfriends, the two comfortable women, and my girlfriend (who was at that point very desperate but not so severely that she was in a bad mood about it) talking about how much we enjoyed the concert while the other two female friends were I guess just silently focusing on holding it in until we got to the apartment.

As we reached the apartment, the three desperate women worked out the order they would get to use the bathroom: bent over in agony first, shuffler second, my girlfriend third, and if I remember correctly I think the woman whose apartment we were heading to said she wanted to go after them but could hold it. I don't recall what happened with the fifth woman - I know she was in line at the concert, but either she went after everyone else was done and didn't make a big deal of it, or she didn't actually have to go and was just keeping her friends company in the line earlier. The shuffler was in a bad state and encouraged bent-over to get in and out as quickly as she could. My girlfriend like I said was very desperate but still in a jocular mood; she undid her belt in front of us and joked about how she wanted a head start to get her pants down as quickly as possible once she was inside the bathroom. After all the women who wanted to had gone (and like I said, that was at least four, and I don't remember if the fifth did as well), the mood lightened and all eight of us joked a bit about the situation, with me directing some teasing at my girlfriend for her stunt with the belt. One of my girlfriend's friends joked about how they should have just used the men's room earlier, and she got some laughs and a couple semi-serious-sounding words of agreement.

My girlfriend has retold this story and specifically her experience to me because she knows I enjoy hearing her talk about her desperation, but it's not my favorite of her experiences because her friends were clearly much more desperate than her and they're not part of our "thing". She doesn't enjoy getting desperate, but she at least enjoys that I get a kick out of her being in these situations, so I would have much preferred it if it was just her involved. The reason I'm telling it here instead of the ones I've enjoyed more is because it is the closest thing I've experienced that matches what you are asking about - unequal opportunities for relief where multiple men got to go and multiple desperate women were forced unfairly to hold it.

When my girlfriend and I have one of these situations come up on its own, she has given me blanket permission to enjoy her struggle. For my benefit, she also frequently deliberately sets herself up for situations where she is desperate but has to hold it while I'm comfortable, like drinking far too much coffee or skipping a bathroom visit before travel.

Occasionally, the reverse has happened, where I have been desperate while she was comfortable. This is pretty rare for a variety of reasons (men's room less likely to have unreasonable lines that make it not worth waiting, I am fine using a dirty toilet, I drink a lot less caffeine and alcohol than she does, I am more cautious about using bathrooms before leaving places than she is, I am less reluctant than her to pull over and pee outdoors if it's just the two of us on a car ride), but when it has happened, she has taken to teasing me about it and joking about how much I would enjoy it if the situation were reversed. So this can go in both directions!

I haven't necessarily found it due to closed bathrooms or anything, but the *only* times I've found men having to "wait" in mixed company are indoor brewery festivals/events. So much drinking/liquids going on, and even though they're set-up in stadium-type rooms, the men's bathroom is not designed to be handling 90% of the capacity. It's one of the only times I've found that, as a woman, the bathroom is virtually empty when I go while there are huge lines for the men's room every time I look over there.

If it was outdoor, I'm sure some guys would go pee against buildings/nature/whatever, but since it's indoor, just a lot of long lines. 

"I find it rare to have the sorts of mixed company situations where extremely desperate women have zero options to go whereas men are able and likely to go just out of convenience like you describe, but it is pretty common to have situations where the options available are quicker or more convenient or more sanitary for men than women so moderately desperate women are likely to hold it when moderately desperate men wouldn't. Using your example, unless it's just me and my girlfriend, I would be extremely reluctant to pee on the side of the road in mixed company just out of convenience because of mild desperation. It is fairly common in my experience for mildly to moderately desperate women to pass up opportunities to use a dirty toilet or wait in a long bathroom line while men aren't as affected and can go with convenience, which I have seen lead to extreme desperation on occasion if they misjudge when the next opportunity to relieve themselves will be."

This is definitely true but those situations aren't as frustrating when men get to use the bathroom and the women don't get to go at all, those are the most frustrating but admittedly are more rare. But it is relatively common for men to have more bathroom convenience whereas the women will pass up an opportunity because of the line or because of the cleanliness of the bathroom.

But I think the difference as you say is true, women skip out on a bathroom opportunity at their own peril, men can usually find some other option but for a woman deciding not to wait in line or just not having the time to wait in line can often mean extended holding. And then you have to wonder, when am I going to get to a bathroom again, is the next bathroom also going to have a line? That's why I say that if you are a woman and you have an opportunity to pee you should pee because you don't know when you're going to get the chance again you might end up regretting it! Guys usually don't have to worry about that as much.

Like one experience that I have had numerous times that I think is also pretty common is that it is right that men might not be completely desperate still can usually relieve themselves whereas a woman might skip out unless she is on the brink of an accident or where there is peer pressure. I guess I am sort of unfortunate in that most of my friends and relatives have been guys so I have been a lot of situations where I'm with maybe six or eight other guys and I'm the only woman and you don't want to be the one holding up the group.

The annoying thing is that in a lot of situations it will arise where you have a really limited amount of time to use the bathroom and I have literally been in situations where a guy is like just hold on a second, ran into the men's room and been out in like less than a minute and the ladies room line is just standing there stationary. And you know that it's just not practical to use the ladies room line but it still kind of frustrating to see just how convenient it is for men to relieve themselves instantly and always even when you have hardly time to go. You may be in a huge rush but a man can often run into the bathroom to be in and out lickety-split and then you just sort of have to go off with them knowing that it's simply not practical to use the ladies room in the same amount of time.

And again I don't want to sound like a complainer or that I am a bitch. I understand that men can pee faster and it's just really practical and everything like that. I do not begrudge men the fact that they are lucky enough that they can go to the bathroom, but it still kind of frustrating when you are with a male companion, he runs into the bathroom a second andthen is like come on Jill we have to go catch the train etc. and you know that it means you're probably not going to get to go for at least another hour. Again I get it, guys can pee faster, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't make you feel really frustrated! But I'm not going to tell a guy don't go when you could go, because if I could go that quickly I surely would!

"If it was outdoor, I'm sure some guys would go pee against buildings/nature/whatever, but since it's indoor, just a lot of long lines."

I think this makes a difference as well as outdoor events people will often go find some other option because you can go and be discreet and maybe pee in the bushes or something like that and even some women will do that as well. But when you are indoors can't exactly say be on Broadway at intermission and just get out of the line and go pee in the plants or something like that!

That is why think that indoor lines tend to get longer and they have fewer places to go honestly. That is where you see lines snaking up and down hallways and up-and-down stairways and all this other stuff, but again it still mostly ladies room lines where the men's room line are rare. I have been to numerous Broadway shows and in every instance the guys that were with me were able to go at intermission without any problem but I was not able to because of the line, and then after the show they were able to go again really quick whereas I had a gargantuan line to wait in. Again I definitely think it's much more a situation when time is limited often means men can pee and women cannot. Again I realize sometimes it's not practical, but it still gets really frustrating!

It is true though that there are some definitely male-dominated events overwhelmingly where that sometimes is the ratio skewed but I can honestly say I have never been at that reverse situation where there was a long men's line and no line to the women's that wasn't also astonishingly long.

Even at a sports stadium that I went to one time. I am totally not a sports fan but one time I got dragged to the opening of a baseball stadium with my family and I mostly spent the day hanging out with my cousins and this one other guy who went with us. When it came time for them to go to the bathroom they were in and out of the men's room in like five minutes absolute tops. The ladies room was literally snaking around the entire place and had to be at least 40 minutes long. They suggested that I just go to try and find another bathroom but after we circled around the entire stadium we came back to the original line which had now grown longer. It's a good thing I wasn't really interested in the game because otherwise I would have been rather annoyed that I spent probably an hour or more just either searching for a bathroom wall waiting in line to use the bathroom all the guys basically had virtually no wait whatsoever.

In fact as we walked around the stadium we would occasionally pause for a while and the guys would look at something or they would start talking and I would be sitting up against the wall with my legs crossed and then I would suddenly have to remind them, um guys we were still looking for a bathroom for me, I didn't get to go remember! And again since they got to go it was immediately not on their minds, oh yeah, I forgot Jill didn't get to go to the bathroom!

I actually don't know what a good name for this phenomenon would be called maybe like bathroom amnesia. It's a phenomenon where after guys are able to relieve themselves suddenly the bathroom issue evaporates because they have relieved themselves and now they are no longer thinking about it. Then you may have their female companions who didn't get to pee and then maybe like a half hour goes by and the guys are wondering why the girls are getting so agitated, but meanwhile they're thinking the whole time okay when we going to get to the bathroom, like guys remember we needed to get to a bathroom! But the guys got to go so they aren't thinking about it, so it's easy to forget, oh right we have women with us who didn't get to go and who have to probably go more by the minute and we aren't really hurrying up to get to the bathroom! It is more of an afterthought the women also need to go.

I've actually known a situation in which a mixed group was doing long days of field work and the person who was least comfortable urinating outside happened to be one of the guys. Toward the end of one day he decided to hold it in rather than pee outside because he figured he'd be able to go to a real bathroom soon. They ended up getting delayed on the drive back, and (although he didn't admit it to anyone at the time) he was pretty desperate by the time they got to their destination.

I don't think I've had any such experiences on a truly group scale, though - where multiple people of one gender were holding it while multiple people of the other gender could go easily. I remember one time a men's room was out of order and a guy had to use the women's room. And another time a women's room was out of order and a woman had to use the men's room. Those were single-occupancy restrooms in both cases, so no one seemed to take offense on either occasion. It would pretty much have to make anyone think twice about whether they really needed to go before encroaching upon the "wrong" room, but it didn't really force a whole gender group to hold en masse in that the great majority of people would probably agree that you have to use the functional restroom under the circumstances.

I'd certainly agree that needing to go while other people, regardless of gender, don't need to go can be an awkward experience to say the least. When I'm out in a group, I actually find it a little comforting if there's someone else with us that I can be pretty sure will need to go before I do - whether because they drank more or haven't gone in a longer period of time or are simply known to fill up quicker - because that way I'm not the one who has to make a rest stop happen.

I've noticed that at most music festivals I've been to, the male "open air" urinals seemed to be abundant and dotted about all over the place, yet the ladies port-a-loos were always grouped together in only a few places, meaning that the guys could easily just have a pee without missing much of a gig, but the girls had to make a long trek usually a fair distance away from the stage. Consequently many tended to hold it until the end of a performance, something that seemed to be confirmed by the amount of females hurrying towards the toilets at the end - and the inevitable desperate queues. Oh I do miss those festivals, always managed to find/see something pee related. Bloody pandemic!

@bustin2pee

I must admit I do find it endlessly fascinating how it seems like in almost every instance people planning these things try to make it as convenient as possible for the men to relieve themselves but make it as difficult as possible for the women to relieve themselves. I haven't been to many music festivals, any really because I'm not really one for loud crowded events, but I have been to outdoor events and I have noticed things like that as well. And even in building sometimes it seems like they hide the ladies room where they only provide one ladies room in some out-of-the-way area while they have men's rooms dotted all over the place.

It really does cause me to scratch my head. I mean I don't think people doing that specifically are doing that because they have a fetish, it's probably more of a case of once again just privileging men's urinary needs, but it really is weird that that just seems to be very consistent in a lot of places.

I guess they figure that men if they don't get to go to the bathroom right away probably wouldn't walk very far to use a urinal and would just start peeing openly on the floor or something like that. They probably figured if men are not going to walk very far to go to the bathroom let's make it convenient for them, but since the women will keep holding it anyway we don't have to make it extremely convenient for them to use it even though they are paying the same money to go to the festival. Again it really is mind-boggling, but it is consistent!

I also think the same thinking goes along with the street urinals that they provide in Europe. They start closing all the bathrooms so a lot of men just started peeing in the street and it became a problem, so they figure if men are peeing in the streets let's give them urinals the end the problem. But since the women aren't peeing in the streets they can continue holding is I guess what people figure. Urinals are cheap and effective ways of men relieving themselves but they just don't want to put in the time or money for women to relieve themselves, since women aren't making a problem with peeing in the streets in general.

Seriously, I don't know where that idea stems from that men are just peeing in the streets if they don't find a toilet within two minutes. This is not what the majority of us do!

I live in Europe, have been traveling around the continent a lot and have yet to see a "street urinal". This is a myth! You sometimes see them during festivals or carnivals, but they are NOT common here. And still... you won't find men pissing in the streets around every corner. We do as the women do - we hold it until we find a public toilet. And there are plenty of those here. Most bigger stores have toilets for customers. There are public toilets in parks and recreational areas, most of them are pretty clean and they are usually signposted. I've been exploring so many cities in Europe (and overseas) with my wife - none of us ever had an accident or a "close call" because we couldn't find a toilet in time.

I get that women sometimes have a tougher time finding a toilet and I'm all for trying to improve the situation. But I strongly disagree with the idea that most of us men are just relieving ourselves wherever we go. That's not the case!

6 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I must admit I do find it endlessly fascinating how it seems like in almost every instance people planning these things try to make it as convenient as possible for the men to relieve themselves but make it as difficult as possible for the women to relieve themselves

I think it's more likely that even now, 20+ years into the 21st century, the majority of town planners, architects and event organisers etc are men, with a male oriented view, and simply brush women's needs to the back. Hence the "potty disparity" that seems to exist everywhere, after all if women were doing the planning,  things would surely be different.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, bustin2pee said:

I've noticed that at most music festivals I've been to, the male "open air" urinals seemed to be abundant and dotted about all over the place

Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of the very long queue of women waiting to use them. Every morning at the campsite I'd walk to the open air urinals and go past the queue of bursting women, enjoy my morning pee while in full view of everyone in the queue, then walk back feeling relieved while the women stuck in the queue just had to cross their legs and wait their turn for the portaloos. 

3 hours ago, JensH2 said:

I live in Europe, have been traveling around the continent a lot and have yet to see a "street urinal". This is a myth! You sometimes see them during festivals or carnivals, but they are NOT common here.

I've only ever seen them in Amsterdam and actually used them a couple of times out of desperation, it's quite a liberating feeling peeing while people walk by just metres away. The ones I used looked like this:

534e7cced9d736a5aad52263d4954bc7.thumb.jpg.ec6c2ad28a150ee20af94d09504b8aa3.jpg

33 minutes ago, Despguy123 said:

Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of the very long queue of women waiting to use them.

Yeah that's the kind I'm talking about - like this below. I've never been to Download oddly enough and I only live about 7 miles from Donnington.

140420_krosurinals-0145.JPG

9 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

I've only ever seen them in Amsterdam and actually used them a couple of times out of desperation, it's quite a liberating feeling peeing while people walk by just metres away. The ones I used looked like this:

See, if I had to guess where in Europe you can find them (except festivals), I would've said Amsterdam! 😉 I have admit I haven't been there for a while - which is a shame, such a wonderful city. Not just because of the street urinals of course.

@bustin2pee
 "I think it's more likely that even now, 20+ years into the 21st century, the majority of town planners, architects and event organisers etc are men, with a male oriented view, and simply brush women's needs to the back. Hence the "potty disparity" that seems to exist everywhere, after all if women were doing the planning,  things would surely be different."

Bingo. Something like 85% of architects and planners and organizers are men and they simply don't think of the women's needs because they are looking at it from a male perspective. There have actually been a couple of books written about this how the world is basically designed overwhelmingly from a male perspective that doesn't really consult with women or take women's experiences into an account. And I think that some outdoor planners don't even provide bathrooms at all figuring that the men will just pee outside and don't even think, well what will the women do? Seriously until we have more parity in architecture and things of that nature we probably won't have more parity in bathroom allocation either.

@Despguy123
"Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of the very long queue of women waiting to use them. Every morning at the campsite I'd walk to the open air urinals and go past the queue of bursting women, enjoy my morning pee while in full view of everyone in the queue, then walk back feeling relieved while the women stuck in the queue just had to cross their legs and wait their turn for the portaloos."

That almost seems like it is a taunt, putting it right in the view of the women waiting in line like that! I have to say being able to walk past all of those women in line and enjoy yourself urinating without a single moments wait and getting to see all of the women in line squirming must be a truly amazing feeling. It's a feeling I have never known, but I have known what it's like to be the woman in the line seeing the men getting relief, although usually I just see the men walk into the men's room, usually not see them at a urinal actually peeing right there in full view while you are standing there cross legged with a bursting full bladder. Now that would be truly maddening! Another situation where you guys can be very very lucky! Again I'm a little bit jealous I will admit, but for a guy who likes female desperation that must truly be a paradise, although it must be a hell for a woman who really needs relief!

@JensH2
"See, if I had to guess where in Europe you can find them (except festivals), I would've said Amsterdam! 😉 I have admit I haven't been there for a while - which is a shame, such a wonderful city. Not just because of the street urinals of course."

Yes Amsterdam is what I had been thinking of. I had read articles about how they started providing street urinals in Amsterdam and a lot of feminists ended up protesting the lack of provisions for women. I heard that they also have them in France in Paris although I don't think that they are the norm. They are still more of a new thing in the experimental phase.

What I have read though that in a lot of places like the UK and elsewhere they have closed a very large number of public bathrooms which has resulted in a lot of people taking to the streets to relieve themselves. And recently I read a good book about the lack of toilets and how it affects society called No Place to Go How Public Restrooms Fail Our Private Needs.

And despite the way may sound I am actually not opposed to street urinals at all. I can see how they would be a practical solution to provide relief for men like that, I'm just saying that it would be kind of frustrating for the ladies! I know if I was walking around a city with a full bladder with a bunch of male companions and they were able to relieve themselves at a street urinal and I had no real option that would truly be torturous! But again I have a good sense of humor about these things. I even wrote a story about it in my blog https://desperatejill.livejournal.com/15767.html

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

What I have read though that in a lot of places like the UK and elsewhere they have closed a very large number of public bathrooms which has resulted in a lot of people taking to the streets to relieve themselves. And recently I read a good book about the lack of toilets and how it affects society called No Place to Go How Public Restrooms Fail Our Private Needs.

The situation is probably different in various countries. Here in Germany we do have quite a number of public toilets in the cities, at least in most areas. Some of them are really clean, some are so-so but should be okay for urgent needs. And during business hours you will find toilets for customers in every bigger store, mall or restaurant - sometimes they charge a small amount of money for non-customers that only come in to take a wee, but most of the owners are really friendly and forthcoming. And if there's a toilet for men, there's also a toilet for women (or just one lockable unisex stall in small places).

As I said: I rarely see people peeing in the streets here - it mostly happens during festivities when there's big crowds (pre-COVID) and the majority of people are drunk. But maybe that situation is also different in other countries, who knows. I doubt it happens a lot in Europe - but maybe in the UK, who knows. 😜

18 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@bustin2pee

I must admit I do find it endlessly fascinating how it seems like in almost every instance people planning these things try to make it as convenient as possible for the men to relieve themselves but make it as difficult as possible for the women to relieve themselves. I haven't been to many music festivals, any really because I'm not really one for loud crowded events, but I have been to outdoor events and I have noticed things like that as well. And even in building sometimes it seems like they hide the ladies room where they only provide one ladies room in some out-of-the-way area while they have men's rooms dotted all over the place.

It really does cause me to scratch my head. I mean I don't think people doing that specifically are doing that because they have a fetish, it's probably more of a case of once again just privileging men's urinary needs, but it really is weird that that just seems to be very consistent in a lot of places.

I guess they figure that men if they don't get to go to the bathroom right away probably wouldn't walk very far to use a urinal and would just start peeing openly on the floor or something like that. They probably figured if men are not going to walk very far to go to the bathroom let's make it convenient for them, but since the women will keep holding it anyway we don't have to make it extremely convenient for them to use it even though they are paying the same money to go to the festival. Again it really is mind-boggling, but it is consistent!

I also think the same thinking goes along with the street urinals that they provide in Europe. They start closing all the bathrooms so a lot of men just started peeing in the street and it became a problem, so they figure if men are peeing in the streets let's give them urinals the end the problem. But since the women aren't peeing in the streets they can continue holding is I guess what people figure. Urinals are cheap and effective ways of men relieving themselves but they just don't want to put in the time or money for women to relieve themselves, since women aren't making a problem with peeing in the streets in general.

I agree with you that it is not always fair for girls, but i think it is now much better than it has been years before.

As you write, boys could and did pee everywhere, against a house wall, against a tree, or anywhere.

To prevent that they do that and to keep the streets clean, they built street urinals for men.

Girls could not squat, they could not wee so easily anywhere,  they had to hold it and they did hold it, even they had to go urgently.

The philosophy, that girls don’t pee on the street and so they don’t need public toilets, is absolutely bad and unfair for girls.

22 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

Those urinals were everywhere at Download Festival when I went in 2009, they had very little privacy and they always seemed to be placed out in the open, right next to the portaloos in plain sight of the very long queue of women waiting to use them. Every morning at the campsite I'd walk to the open air urinals and go past the queue of bursting women, enjoy my morning pee while in full view of everyone in the queue, then walk back feeling relieved while the women stuck in the queue just had to cross their legs and wait their turn for the portaloos. 

534e7cced9d736a5aad52263d4954bc7.thumb.jpg.ec6c2ad28a150ee20af94d09504b8aa3.jpg

Amsterdam must be a good place for boys who likes girls desperate to pee.

To imagine that two boys make a walk in the city with their girlfriends. The boys take a pee in one of this street urinals.

The girls are waiting outside with their bladders full too, but nowhere to go for girls, they have to hold it, maybe for hours more.

Exciting to imagine that the boys go in a second time,  but the girls did not wee even one time.

17 minutes ago, huberp76 said:

To imagine that two boys make a walk in the city with their girlfriends. The boys take a pee in one of this street urinals.

To be honest I don't think I would be comfortable peeing in one of those things with everyone passing by knowing exactly what you are doing, and where does the wee go? Can the people walking by see the wee splashing down between your feet or is there a urinal inside not visible in the photo? I think I'd have to be very desperate to make use of one!

@DesperateJill If it’s not a situation where safety would be an issue, you should just go anyway, getting whatever other women you can to do so as well so you’re not alone. Everyone encouraging everyone else to just heed nature, until one side of the bus is the mens’ room and one is the ladies’ room, to go with one of your examples. 

Whoever hammered it into you that it’s not ladylike to fail to convince people your body does not use some sorcery to never make waste, and that being “ladylike” is more important than breathing... that person is not here, and not offering to do your laundry either.

(And if I were in a situation like yours, though I’m a guy I’d join the women in going to the higher-ups about it. Half my friends spending the day miserable wouldn’t be okay with me!)

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)
9 hours ago, huberp76 said:

8 hours ago, bustin2pee said:

To be honest I don't think I would be comfortable peeing in one of those things with everyone passing by knowing exactly what you are doing...

This would be a great setting for a story.  Lots of opportunities for action and conflict!  I think I'm going to write a scene right now...

Great idea, i am waiting for your story.

It would be hot to see a girl in one of this thighs.

I imagine that a girl is needing to wee so really, really bad. 
She is holding it for so long, her bladder is stretched and full to explode, she nearly do it in her panties and then she see one of this thighs, it is only made for men, but girls are needing to wee too!!!

I think  girls should be able to hold it, no matter how bad they would need to go, but she absolutely can’t anymore, the only chance for her, not peeing herself, is to go in.

13 hours ago, bustin2pee said:

To be honest I don't think I would be comfortable peeing in one of those things with everyone passing by knowing exactly what you are doing, and where does the wee go? Can the people walking by see the wee splashing down between your feet or is there a urinal inside not visible in the photo? I think I'd have to be very desperate to make use of one!

In the ones I used, there was no urinal inside, just a metal wall that I pissed against with a metal grate at the bottom where the pee drains slowly away. People walking by could definitely hear and see the pee hitting the wall and splashing down. I tried peeing straight into the grate but that just made it louder somehow. It's a very weird experience, it feels 'wrong' in a way as its basically just pissing in the middle of a very busy and public place with very little privacy. I only used them a couple of times when I was really desperate and I knew it would be while before I got to a proper toilet. 

1 hour ago, Despguy123 said:

In the ones I used, there was no urinal inside, just a metal wall that I pissed against with a metal grate at the bottom where the pee drains slowly away. People walking by could definitely hear and see the pee hitting the wall and splashing down. I tried peeing straight into the grate but that just made it louder somehow. It's a very weird experience, it feels 'wrong' in a way as its basically just pissing in the middle of a very busy and public place with very little privacy. I only used them a couple of times when I was really desperate and I knew it would be while before I got to a proper toilet. 

Went to Stockholm in the late eighties- remember something very similar in the city centre!

I have to admit I do find it rather interesting and ironic that it seems like the countries that are best known for their feminist principles and high standards for women seem to be the ones that have been the most prevalent in providing urinals but not even thinking what would the women use?! Just an observation. But I can see from this thread that even though a lot of you guys would feel weird about using the urinals it seems like most of you are happy that they are there!

Again I'm not judging or anything, it must be a pretty nice feeling to have all these places to relieve yourselves like that. But I could see how the women who might see these things would definitely be jealous!

1 hour ago, Despguy123 said:

Jeez, that's just what I thought they would be like! Not for me I'm afraid, the festival ones were bad enough but at least I was usually too drunk to care!