Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is Desperation More Interesting and Exciting When It Subtle and Unacknowledged?

I suppose that some people prefer it when the person vocalizes the fact that they have to go to the bathroom, where as others like to see people sort of suffering in silence or making subtle moves and being shy about admitting that they have to go to the bathroom. To me I think it's when the person is trying to hide their desperation but failing miserably that makes it more interesting because of the socially awkward nature of it. Maybe just because I'm a socially awkward person myself.

With family or friends I would probably speak up about having to go to the bathroom, but with more casual acquaintances and coworkers I am really shy about admitting that I have to go to the bathroom, yet at the same time you can tell just from the way that they are looking at you that they must know that you have to go to the bathroom. They can tell that you are walking funny or that you are crossing your legs or that you are leaning against the wall and tapping your foot. Nobody says anything but there is sort of that unacknowledged acknowledgment that everybody knows what is going on, and that I think makes things a little bit more interesting.

I can tell when my other coworkers have to go to the bathroom and although I usually won't say anything about it I think that when we look at each other there is that acknowledgment of, yes we both really have to pee, and yes neither of us wants to admit it. And at the same time we are thinking that probably our male coworkers can tell just from how animated and "lively" we are as we are sort of talking and shifting around that they probably know what is going on and it makes me wonder what is going through their heads.

What does everybody else here think? Is desperation more interesting and exciting when the person is trying to hide it and not acknowledging it, or is it better when they are loudly vocalizing the fact that they need to go? And in the case of yourself which personally do you tend to do, do tend to be one to vocalize it, or do you try to hide your desperation and are shy about admitting it?

Yes I think it is quite hot and exciting too when you know someone must need to pee but they haven't let on that they are desperate.

Sometimes I notice this on nights out with the girls if one of them is maybe wearing a dress or clothes that are rather difficult to get out of to pee and you notice they haven't been to the bathroom for quite a long time but are still drinking you can then look out for tell tale signs of legs bobbing and shifting around so you know that they really do need to pee badly!

I definitely enjoy the unspoken, just deducing the need from various clues even if that's just the passage of time!   I do often read rather too much in those situations as sometimes the next time I am with that person they just go matter of factly too the bathroom, which rather sticks in pin in everything I had been imagining before!!    

I did have a partner once who said "What if one day, without warning, I try to hold it but keep you guessing at the same time?".   It half worked, but whenever a certain amount of time passes I'm always watching like a hawk! 

13 minutes ago, rebeljaffa said:

I definitely enjoy the unspoken, just deducing the need from various clues even if that's just the passage of time!   I do often read rather too much in those situations as sometimes the next time I am with that person they just go matter of factly too the bathroom, which rather sticks in pin in everything I had been imagining before!!   

As I say if I'm with others who are wearing clothes that would often be a pain to go to the bathroom in you tend to notice they go to the bathroom far less often (or not at all sometimes?) than others in the group because it is too much effort to get everything off to then go and pee.  If they are still drinking the same as everyone else though then they must be filling up with pee even if they aren't saying anything about it!

Edited by Becky Lewis
Adding more information (see edit history)

I am always surprised by the people who go several hours and yet show no signs of desperation. Like my cousin's wife. Basically I can't remember ever seeing her go to the bathroom even when I have been with her all day except maybe on one occasion and I can't help but think, doesn't she have to pee at some point?

I think that some people are just good at not showing it although I don't think that I am one of them, I think I'm obviously very squirmy and fidgety in general even when I don't have to pee! I am like one of those people who finds it hard to sit still and seems like I have ants in my pants a lot of the time and I know it's kind of annoys and drives crazy a lot of people around me but I am probably on the autism spectrum anyway so I am one of those people with little quirks and stuff like that.

But yeah even at my job I think that most of my female coworkers try not to show signs of desperation but if you are paying attention you can tell that as the day is going on and especially as the day is ending you can see them getting a little bit antsy and anticipating everything. To any of the guys watching the fact that we all charge towards the bathroom at the end of the day must confirm what they are thinking, those girls really gotta go! And it's kind of embarrassing to do so because you don't want to basically confirm what everybody knows what is the case but then when you go bolting to the bathroom you pretty much give yourself away.

Most coworkers are polite enough not to say anything but one time in the summer when I was getting ready to go to the bathroom at the end of the day one of my male coworkers could see just from my behavior and said don't worry we will back to the bathroom soon, so I guess I must have been more obvious than I thought.

I once again I think that this is more of a gender difference. Guys are rarely desperate and I think that it's mostly guys watching women for signs of desperation and women trying to be coy about the fact that they are ready to explode. I think that most women try not to show that they are desperate but then when the final opportunity comes to actually go to the bathroom everything is given away by how fast you bolt for that bathroom! It's actually quite funny because you will have me and my female coworkers trying to sit quietly in the back of the van not trying to give anything away but soon as that van stops we are all throwing off our seatbelts and are racing towards that bathroom!

I really like it both ways. I really enjoy seeing the squirming and shifting of people who are trying to hold it, but I also really like when girls mention how badly they have to pee. I'm always caught off guard and a little excited when I hear a cute girl casually mention "I have to pee so bad" or, my favorite "I'm about to pee myself!" even if they definitely don't actually mean it. There are a lot of girls in my classes and at work who seem to have no problem announcing how badly they have to pee and I always love to hear it.