Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do you get embarrassed when your seal heals and you have to keep visiting the toilet after a few beers?

Maybe some of you, like me, find that after you have peed once during a beer drinking session you then have to keep going every twenty minutes or so and does it bother you in front of friends who seem to have more robust bladders? The best scenario I ever witnessed of someone in this situation was one evening in my local. Two friends I didn’t recognise were enjoying a few beers and one of them seemed to be afflicted with this problem more than the other. This caught my attention and after his second visit, when his friend hadn’t been at all, he started to fidget and hold himself under the the table. After his friend went for the first time, he made a third dash and the two of them were there for a while until they were reaching the end of their third or fourth pints of beer and he had been at least once or twice more. Glancing across, I could see that he was desperate to go again. He was now sitting leaning forwards, crossing and uncrossing his legs and was maintaining a firm continuous grip of his crotch under the table. As the two guys got up to leave I took my chance to visit the gents. Walking past them, the guy in question was trying to put on his jacket in a way which didn’t give away his predicament and was struggling to maintain his dignity. It was clear he was at bursting point and as I walked past I heard him tell his friend he ‘needed to nip to the loo before they left’. He held it as long as possible and was obviously worried about his dignity on the taxi ride afterwards. As I was standing at the urinal the door behind me opened with such force it banged against the wall and it was no surprise who came in fumbling with his flies, panting and trying to keep his jacket on one shoulder. As he dashed forwards, the jacket fell off onto the wet floor and he let out an ‘oh fuck’. Going through his mind in that instant must have been the dilemma of leaving it there and reaching the urinal in time or stopping to pick it up, put it on and risk flooding his jeans. He went for the latter but was pee dancing like crazy and grabbing himself at least once. As he reached the urinal, he exploded piss and let out is gentle sigh. It was the closest I had ever seen someone nearly wet themselves in a pub toilet. As we washed our hands I couldn’t resist striking up a conversation, avoiding the embarrassment of pointing out to as complete stranger that he had had a very close call. It turned out he was a TV cameraman visiting his friend. It made me wonder how easy it must be for people in such a job to take a leak when out doing live shoots. 

On the few occasions when I drink a lot of beer I will mostly reach that point at some time. And when I'm already a little bit tipsy, I'm definitely more inclined to hold it in voluntarily. So I will often wait until I'm really bursting. But I don't do that out of embarrassment, it's rather the inconvenience of getting up and going to the toilet. Especially if the available restrooms are dirty or something.

I was in a perfect position to see him discreetly holding himself under the table out of sight of his friend. I don’t think he realised I had such a view without even turning my head. His embarrassment was my entertainment and the sphincter muscle power he must have summoned up when his jacket fell must have been an agonising risk. I admired him for not wetting himself. He was almost in tears as he peed and clearly welcomed the chance to chat over the hand washing. 

Incidentally, I have always had issues after a broken seal. It used to embarrass me more than it does now and as you get more intoxicated you stop worrying about it. 

18 hours ago, Allegretto said:

Timing the journey home can be an issue!

Yup, I definitely experienced this walking home from the pub on more than one occasion! One time I remember pissing at the pub before walking home. The walk is probably only 20 minutes but by the time I reached my house I was bursting to piss again, subtly grabbing my cock through my jeans pockets. Rushing up to the bathroom, when I got there time seemed to slow down as I felt like I was on the verge of pissing myself. It was only a couple of steps to the toilet but in the time it took me to get there I started leaking in my underwear. My jeans ended up with a small wet patch.

But I don't need to be drinking alcohol to have this problem. I also experience it with tea too! As a Brit, I am an avid tea drinker and it gets me into trouble all the time. At work, if I am spending more time in my office sitting at my computer instead of being active, the need to pee comes quicker and more frequently. I try to hold it as long as I can, especially since the toilet is right near the admin desk and it would be strange to see me go inside every 20 minutes.

At least at work I do have easy access to a toilet, even if it is embarrassing to be seen using it so often. I also have this issue on the weekends when doing chores. I will have a cup of tea or two, then we will need to go grocery shopping. I'll use the toilet before we leave but then while shopping I may end up needing to go again. One time that was particularly bad was when my wife's sister was visiting. We went out to go shopping but because the sister was here, we went to more shops than usual. There wasn't anywhere to go pee and I was getting more and more desperate. Finally, we head home and I am sitting in drivers seat wondering if I am going to wet myself in front of my sister in law. I started to get that dull ache that precedes starting to lose control just as we made the exit home. Pulling up to my driveway, it definitely felt like my briefs were damp, though I don't remember feeling any big leaks. Once inside I took the biggest piss of the year!

As someone with a fair amount of beer drinking experience, you would think it wouldn't bother me but it does sometimes. It kind of depends who I'm with as it may be different with friends I see regularly versus say a session with work colleagues but there are definitely times I can be self conscious about it. Especially if someone comments on the frequency. Then it really does bother me and I try and hold it which of course is not easy!

a lot of it has to do with how old you are. as a younger guy i can go a number of beers before the first piss. and still go a few between each piss after that. see other guys my age fairly  new to the club scene are also good at drinking beer and holding. then  the older guys the older they are the less beers they are able to drink between each time they go when drinking beers. the first time is not only your bladder capacity. but how hydrated you were before going to the club. and also how fast or how slow your digestive system absorbs it. and h ow fast or slow your kidneys get rid of it. 

16 hours ago, miamiclubkid said:

a lot of it has to do with how old you are. as a younger guy i can go a number of beers before the first piss. and still go a few between each piss after that. see other guys my age fairly  new to the club scene are also good at drinking beer and holding. then  the older guys the older they are the less beers they are able to drink between each time they go when drinking beers. the first time is not only your bladder capacity. but how hydrated you were before going to the club. and also how fast or how slow your digestive system absorbs it. and h ow fast or slow your kidneys get rid of it. 

Hydration is important to avoid the hangovers but alcohol also makes you pee more than you consume, something to do with the body trying to flush out the toxins from the system it uses up your fluids that’s how you get hangovers as dehydrated, so you pee more when your drinking and I’m sure that’s where the last pee on the way home comes from, having peed before leaving the bar the last drink has to come out but with a vengeance and not too long after the last pee at the bar...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 6:01 PM, SoBursting said:

Hydration is important to avoid the hangovers but alcohol also makes you pee more than you consume, something to do with the body trying to flush out the toxins from the system it uses up your fluids that’s how you get hangovers as dehydrated, so you pee more when your drinking and I’m sure that’s where the last pee on the way home comes from, having peed before leaving the bar the last drink has to come out but with a vengeance and not too long after the last pee at the bar...

yes mine has become really full again by the time i got home and same for others. I'm able to make it home without having  stop along the way then go big time once i get home. I drink a lot of water before bed to reduce how much of a hangover  i will have in the morning. wake up busting big time. 

This is one of the reasons I don't drink alcohol, and especially wouldn't in public. It wouldn't be good to drink a diuretic and then have my shy bladder freeze up and not allow me to get any of it out. Maybe being intoxicated would lower my inhibitions so I don't freeze up, though? I'm not sure, I have never tried and don't think I should risk it. (Plus there are several other reasons that I don't drink, as well.) 

But, I do have experience with a different diuretic, I guess. There's this candy I like, Warheads Double Drops. It's a liquid candy that you're kind of supposed to slowly drip into your mouth. But, I like them so much that I more or less just drink them like I would a bottle of water. I'm not sure what's in them that causes this (or if they even have the same effect on everybody), but they go through me very, very fast. The need comes on super suddenly, too. I'll be fine for a while after drinking them, and then instantaneously feel like I'm about to explode. There's no build-up or warning, just all the sudden I feel like I'm on the verge of an accident. I didn't really make the connection between that and the candies until I was at a party in my high school years thrown for students like me in a homeschool group. There were a ton of these candies at it. They're known for being almost unbearably sour, so some people thought it was impressive that I'd drink them all in a few gulps like that. Like an idiot, I drank a whole bunch of them, one after the other, to show off. This wasn't good for my tongue, which started to burn for a while after. And, it most definitely wasn't good for my bladder. Soon, I was hit with that sudden onset of intense desperation. 

First I tried using the toilet closest by, but the sounds outside the door made me way too anxious to let go. But, thankfully, this was being held in a huge house with multiple floors. I was able to relieve myself fairly easily once I was on a higher floor and couldn't hear anything anymore. (Getting up the stairs hadn't been a great feeling, though.) My bladder was seriously irritated by all the candies I'd drank, though, and the sudden "PEE NOW!" messaging must have been happening every fifteen minutes almost. I did worry that someone would wonder where I kept disappearing to so often, but nobody said anything. 

I rarely even think about it, because usually everybody else I'm with will be also breaking their seals around the same time. But actually yes, at least one time I was drinking with a friend who apparently had an enormous bladder, and it was somewhat embarassing, also because we were outside and there were no very secluded places to go. Luckily it's quite a rare occurrece, and most of the time I'm not the only one breaking their seal and having to pee more often.

10 hours ago, miamiclubkid said:

yes mine has become really full again by the time i got home and same for others. I'm able to make it home without having  stop along the way then go big time once i get home. I drink a lot of water before bed to reduce how much of a hangover  i will have in the morning. wake up busting big time. 

I also drink water before bed but just a small mouthful as usually I need to get up during the night to pee most nights Sometimes I’m so tired I know in my sleep I’m bursting and I always waken up when it becomes too much...