Sign In

Bella Hadid said she was "sewn into" her Met Gala catsuit and couldn't pee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Becky Lewis "Resurecting an old thread here with a 2023 twist https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/celebrities-holding-pee-at-met-gala-49161476 Met Gala again but Ashley Graham thi

Another good video along the same lines, I love the way she tells the story.   

Most of my dancing costumes are also like this, where I can't pee once I get dressed in. But I accept that because they're made for strong girls who can control the bladder 

I'll be honest I'm not 100% who she is either but it just shows the lengths some will go too and how some fashion is designed to look 'good' but certainly not be practical for peeing in haha  How long she wore it for (and so how long she didn't pee for) isn't mentioned  sadly.

Reading that same story on various sites most comments on the story seem to be from women suggesting that if they were sewn into any outfit the first thing they'd be thinking of it 'I need to pee!'

I wonder, do catwalk models ever get similar problems?  Outfits sewn onto them to make them fit perfectly but then being unremovable?

2 hours ago, Becky Lewis said:

I wonder, do catwalk models ever get similar problems?  Outfits sewn onto them to make them fit perfectly but then being unremovable?

If you do a bit of searching in this forum, or some googling, you'll find a number of stories where celebrities talk about stuff like this with their difficult outfits.

Katy Perry said a few years ago that the shewee devices are a huge help for some of very impractical outfits that make it very difficult if not impossible to use the toilet the normal way. I imagine a number of women use it for the same purposes.

1 hour ago, Spectator9 said:

Costumes for stage performances sometimes get last-minute alterations that literally sew or pin the performer into it, and they can't disrobe until the play is over.  I've seen actors dying to pee by the last act!

I wonder what the actors/actresses think when they realise that their role requires them to have to hold their pee in for most of the night, maybe for several hours - possibly every night then for several days/weeks if the shows go on and on?

9 hours ago, FullBladder85 said:

If you do a bit of searching in this forum, or some googling, you'll find a number of stories where celebrities talk about stuff like this with their difficult outfits.

Katy Perry said a few years ago that the shewee devices are a huge help for some of very impractical outfits that make it very difficult if not impossible to use the toilet the normal way. I imagine a number of women use it for the same purposes.

Yes I've read about this too, just rare to get a story where a celebrity admits that there was no way for them to go at all and they just had to not pee all night.  She doesn't say she was desperate to pee by the end but depending on the length of the event she could well have been!

I think this is just a perfect example of get one of another bazillion instances where women's needs to urinate are just not taken into consideration at all. Again it's probably men who design things like this and think, I bet she looked really attractive in the suit. But she can't pee? Oh well, tough for her!

I am definitely one of those women who dresses for comfort and practicality but on a couple of occasions I've had to wear formalwear that makes it very difficult to pee and I have to say it really drove me up a wall, especially seeing as a lot of my male companions were wearing things where they could just undo their zipper and relieve themselves.

13 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

Dresses that you have to take off to pee are really unpractical. I have 2 of them and have to unzip them on the back. Is not really an easy task to do and get yourself back into it after you peed it's even harder in a stall of a public bathroom with limits space you have.

Do you find you just try to avoid needing to pee then?  Me and my friends have dresses like that and we joke that they are 'no peeing dresses' haha

3 minutes ago, Becky Lewis said:

Do you find you just try to avoid needing to pee then?  Me and my friends have dresses like that and we joke that they are 'no peeing dresses' haha

Yes,  I try not to use a bathroom and drink much or ask a friend to go with me to a bathroom and help me with a dress (more common solution, because I can't hold it for the whole evening or night, even if I don't drink much). Sometimes, if it's not too inconvenient, I just pee down my legs when I can't hold it any more. Of course, I try to find a place where I can do that without being seen and don't sit down until my panties and pantyhose dry up. But mainly, I avoid wearing those dresses in public. They're beautiful, but too inconvenient for wearing.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, trekkie said:

I've heard of movie costumes that have that problem, especially the sci-fi stuff where it's supposed to look natural and not like someone in a suit. Apparently, it really sucks to be a Borg from Star Trek in need of a potty.

There is a video on YouTube of someone cosplaying as Mystique from X-Men.  Blue paint everywhere but also latex actually glued to her body so impossible for her to take it off to pee!

She claims it took 6 hours of make up, then photos and a party to go to and 3 hours to remove so I suspect she might just possibly have needed to pee after all that!

I've read a few true comments and bits about models in pee-restrictive clothing. It makes for great mental pictures. I'd love to read something more detailed. Maybe someone who has strong familiarity with the world of fashion can write a delicious fictional account. Not about an actual real celebrity but drawing inspiration from things like the Bella Hadid interview.

Incidentally I once saw a headline that read "Gold Is Covering the Runways This Fall" and had a wonderful thought of models leaking golden trails.

Edited by Jimmy Olsen (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, Becky Lewis said:

Are you ever actually sewn into costumes to dance or are they just very inconvenient pee in and difficult to remove?

Usually dancing costumes are difficult and time taking to wear and remove. So we can't think of peeing after wearing them until the event is over. Occasionally I have been sewn into dancing costumes too.

1 hour ago, HoldingPrinces said:

Usually dancing costumes are difficult and time taking to wear and remove. So we can't think of peeing after wearing them until the event is over. Occasionally I have been sewn into dancing costumes too.

Oh wow that is quite amazing - Was it you just you others who were also sewn into costumes and how did you all cope?

• 5 months later...