Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do You Guys Face Or Face Away From Your Shower Head?

Guest Armaril

Guest Armaril

Literally the most off-topic question ever but- do you guys face or face away from your shower head? I've had this question since the day of my birth I tell you. I would always see those actors on television who face their shower head. Is that like a normal thing? I always have my back facing the shower head, only ever turning around to wash shampoo and stuff out my hair. Even if I'd like to face the shower head, I always have my showers at burning temperatures. Only my back can handle that boiling water dude. But seriously, is facing your shower head normal?

Guest Armaril
15 hours ago, Gatto-Italiano said:

I face the side, don’t know why, just do.

Though I face opposite from the shower head a majority of the time, I also face the side fairly often. Didn't think I'd find someone who does it too so helloo 👋✌️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Armaril
8 hours ago, HeyItsClaire said:

This is crazy, I thought it was normal to face it. I've always faced it. It's like going to the beach lol, you never face away from the ocean. Also how are you supposed to rinse off your body if you can't see where the water is going??

Well it probably depends on the temperature of your shower. Most of the people who face away, like me, like their water at burning temperatures. My back is the only thing that can stand such heat. I've tried to take showers facing the shower head but it's seriously too painful. I assume the people who do face the shower head like their showers at warm or cold temperatures. I only ever face the water when I need to rinse my hair or front side. When I'd do that, I'd usually change the temperature so it isn't so painful.

And I can't help but giggle at the mental image of your example 😂

Guest tortoise

I sit sideways in my (disability/adapted) shower so don’t face the showerhead any way. If I do stand, I have to face the shower. Facing backwards makes me feel like I’m going to fall 😆

I face away for most of my shower for a practical reason. If I am facing it the while washing most of my body, the soap I am applying to my body rinses off as soon as I apply it, before it can do its job. Of course I turn around to wash my back and to rinse off.

And keeping with the omo theme of this site, if I am holding my pee until I can't, facing the very warm water so that it lands on my bladder and penis, makes it much more difficult, or impossible  to continue to hold my pee. This of course is a reason to face the shower .

I face away because I keep my shower at a pretty scalding temperature as well, lol, but also I don't like that feeling of water constantly, uncontrollably hitting my face, it just makes me uncomfortable. I stand a little away from the water stream while I'm shampooing or conditioning my hair or while I'm soaping up my body but then of course I stand under the water again when it's time to rinse my skin off or wash the soap out of my hair. The only times I face the shower are if I'm washing my face (which I take water in my cupped hands and splash my face to do) or if I'm washing the front part of me, or if I'm wetting in the shower, or if I'm masturbating, because the steam makes it warmer and more pleasant. I don't get why they face the water in film either lmao it looks so uncomfortable to me. 

So, when I'm standing just under the stream to enjoy the hot water I tend to face away. I only face the shower itself when washing my face or rinsing the front of my body. Or if I need to adjust the taps for some reason, of course.  But I'd say the majority of the shower time is hair and soaping up, which I spend the entire time facing away from the shower head for. 

If I'm wetting in the shower I tend to stay facing away from the stream until I'm ready to clean up so that I can feel the whole effect of the wetting first. (though I will concede with @wettingman, when trying to hold, facing the water does intensify the need to go a lot which is fun.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, Armaril said:

I always have my back facing the shower head, only ever turning around to wash shampoo and stuff out my hair. Even if I'd like to face the shower head, I always have my showers at burning temperatures. Only my back can handle that boiling water dude.

Same. Exactly the same. 😄

I never really thought about this before, but it is just the way you described it. I'm facing away from the shower head most of the time, partly because the very hot water (the whole bathroom resembles a sauna when I'm taking a shower), and partly because I dislike hot water getting into my eyes/ears/mouth/other miscellaneous bodily orifices. I prefer standing with my back towards the stream of the water, making sure it travels down as much of my arms, torso and legs as possible, and closing my eyes. That just feels natural, relaxing and soothing. My best shower thoughts were had in this exact position 😉

i rotate all the way around to rinse off my entire body with the shower hose. same for my hair when i do my hair first then rinse it before doing my body with soap. I turn the shower off while shampooing my hair as it takes a while of working the shampoo in my hair and scalp to get all the soap off. I thought everyone one turns the shower off while shampooing hair then turn it on to rinse the hair out, then repeats that with the hair, turning shower off again while shampooing hair then rinse hair second time, then turn shower off again while soaping then scrubbing the skin before turning the shower on again to rinse off rotating around several times to get fully rinsed, then using shower hose to get the rest of the places the fixed shower head does not reach. I thought everyone turns shower off between steps as water is expensive and only the rich can afford to leave the shower running while working shampoo through the hair, or while soaping the skin. 

21 minutes ago, miamiclubkid said:

I thought everyone turns shower off between steps as water is expensive and only the rich can afford to leave the shower running while working shampoo through the hair, or while soaping the skin. 

Wait, people don't turn off the water for that?

I do of course, not only because the water is indeed really expensive but also because it would be pointless shampooing my hair or sopaing my body while the water is washing everything off immediately. 

• 3 weeks later...

An electric heater on the floor in the bathroom while taking a shower warms it up a lot. Cheaper then running the shower long time on full hot running it around the tiles in the shower to heat them up before you start your shower. and you can only have it so hot on your skin before it starts to burn. runs the water bill way up using a lot of extra water to stay warm in the shower as well as to warm up the tiles on the walls and warm the tube up. 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:04 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

I think I’d perish if I had to turn the water off between steps. Brrrrrrrr. I save $$ by keeping the heat low at night so the bathroom is always cold to me. Plus getting out of my cozy bed....😩

theres nothing I hate more than being cold and wet. The only thing that motivates me to be in the shower without it blasting warm water on me is the chance to potty dance a lil and then wet myself.
I don’t like the water to dilute the amazing feeling of warm wetness gushing down my legs ☺️

you save money by running an electric heater on the floor in the bathroom while your taking the shower. far cheaper then keeping the shower running to stay warm. the heater of course is outside the shower a good distance away from the shower in the bathroom so it does not get water splashed on it or its power cord. then you can keep the house cold in winter to save money and still keep from freezing in the shower. common price for water is a penny a gallon. electricity  is 8 cents a kilo watt hour. you can see its far cheaper to run electric heater in bathroom then to leave the shower running to stay warm.