Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Which drinks make you need to pee the most ?

Alcohol is 100% the best drink for desperation, even in small amounts. It actually suppresses the hormone that makes you hold on to water (ADH). But if that's out of the question, drinks like herbal teas can stimulate the need to pee slightly, in the same way coffee does. So glass per glass, tea will make you feel more desperate quicker than water. But honestly, the safest and most effective way is to use the rapid desperation guide and stick to it. The only draw back is it requires a few hours of preparing yourself. But trust me, its so worth the extra effort and it makes clean up much easier.

I don't drink alcohol because even a family history of alcoholism, because I am a writer, because I have a dependent personality and all the other negative things to go along with alcoholism, as well as acid reflux, so I don't tempt fate. Although I would say from what I have heard from others alcohol probably is the best way to make yourself have to pee quickly.

In my case though I find anything other than water tends to make me have to pee pretty quickly but one thing that seems to particularly do that is orange juice. That's why I only infrequently drink orange juice and try to avoid it before I go to sleep because otherwise I will be up constantly going to the bathroom that will keep me from sleeping. It also seems to make me have like a burning feeling of urination. But it is very diuretic.

• 1 month later...

I like a good mocha, and so (in my experience) coffee (even though I’m less of a coffee fan than other men in my family (due to coffee’s bitter taste)). It doesn’t taste too much like coffee if you add enough chocolate and sugar, and you use instant coffee and make it with milk instead of water.

Soda is often a close second (unless it is a small size). 

I avoid orange juice because while it does make me have to go quite a bit, the burning during urination prevents any urination afterward from being enjoyable (whether accidental or deliberate).

Edited by RDFan2020
I felt the need to add additional details for clarification. (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Despboy15

Probably Gatorade and tea. Tea goes straight to my bladder pretty much. I don’t think it’s the Gatorade itself, but since it tastes so good and I drank it frequently while playing sports on hot days, it resulted in numerous times I was desperate and couldn’t go.

7 hours ago, segaface said:

I also found some beverages with some kinds of juices and sugar take the effect most fast. 

Once I attended a training course and for each day they ordered some suit for lunch. It includes a beverage with kiwi and several other fruits. Every time after I finished that beverage, I can feel the strong urge of pee as soon as the afternoon lecture starts. 

I remembered we had some tight schedule and group activities for some days. I had to hold the pee in for about two hours until someone else asked for a bathroom break. Actually most of us need to pee badly and we all dashed to the bathroom. 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, Joey1234 said:

I'm mostly asking this for advice purposes as I'm looking for a drink that isn't coffee (cant stand it) that may make we desperate but without the feeling of bloatedness from chugging water.

If it’s not been said prior, energy drinks or sports drinks. Gatorade usually hits me relatively quick especially if I drink a little water (not more than a glass) prior to help hydrate. 

And for the energy drinks, usually I’ll sip on a bottle of water, then drink a Reign or Bang and usually I’m pretty desperate within half an hour.

3 or 4 large mugs of regular black fills my bladder relatively quickly. However, later in the day the caffeine will keep we awake at night .  So later in the day,  3 or 4 - 12 ounce beers may even be faster.  It depends on when I do the hold. That is enough alcohol to kick my kidneys into overdrive filling my bladder rapidly. I will get a bit of a buzz but not drunk, being drunk dulls my senses and spoils the fun, and I don't like the aftermath of drunkenness. 

Also 2 one quart bottles of Gatorade plus some water does the trick nicely .

• 1 month later...