Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Please move "messing" to its own category.

Go to solution Solved by Kyuu,

9 minutes ago, Kyuu said:

Additionally I'm going to add opt-out fields to the registration form so people can automatically filter content they aren't interested in immediately after signing up.

1) Will this also be available to those of us who have already registered on the site?

2) I feel like this topic needs to be locked/closed.  You've clearly stated you have no plans to make a separate category/site/what-have-you for messing and there's no reason to keep this thread open any longer IMO.

Just now, Kei said:

1) Will this also be available to those of us who have already registered on the site?

2) I feel like this topic needs to be locked/closed.  You've clearly stated you have no plans to make a separate category/site/what-have-you for messing and there's no reason to keep this thread open any longer IMO.

1. Yes

2. I recognize it is an issue for some people and am working on a solution, but I am just not creating a new forum for said content as I don't believe this is a good long-term solution right now. This isn't likely to change, but I still welcome feedback from members that wish to share there personal feelings.

I believe everyone will be satisfied with the sites future updates on this, it will just take a bit more time to implement everything.

As someone who only cares for a very particular type of messing content, I've found it pretty easy to identify and avoid posts I don't want to see on this site. In my experience, the tagging system generally works fine, and even when content isn't tagged, it's usually spoilered or forewarned to some degree. Compared to a site like Pixiv where the omorashi tag includes both wetting, messing, and even diapers without discrimination, OmoOrg is much more organized when it comes to tags. Ultimately, as has been concluded so far in this thread, no system will stop people from posting in the wrong areas.

However, I think one area that could be looked at is the status update thing on the home page. There have been a few times that I've seen status updates get a bit... "into it" regarding both messing and peeing/wetting. While the explicitness doesn't really bother me, these status updates aren't tagged and are pretty prominently placed on the home page so it's kind of hard to avoid them if they contain content you don't want to see. I'm not fully familiar with the rules of what you can put into a status update, but I'd probably suggest that they stay relatively clean (regarding messing or wetting), have tags, or potentially even be relocated. Those are just my thoughts, though, and I understand there is no real "simple" solution.

Guest tortoise
13 hours ago, P.G. said:

However, I think one area that could be looked at is the status update thing on the home page. There have been a few times that I've seen status updates get a bit... "into it" regarding both messing and peeing/wetting. While the explicitness doesn't really bother me, these status updates aren't tagged and are pretty prominently placed on the home page so it's kind of hard to avoid them if they contain content you don't want to see. I'm not fully familiar with the rules of what you can put into a status update, but I'd probably suggest that they stay relatively clean (regarding messing or wetting), have tags, or potentially even be relocated. Those are just my thoughts, though, and I understand there is no real "simple" solution.

This is something I agree with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a messing desperation natural toilet fan in strokes but I understand it turns some people off maybe a messing section or tag system that makes it easier to find or avoid would be good but must sympathise to moderators who have too check and inforce. As said above just please don't remove it entirely! even in stories a good site with messing is so hard to find.

• The topic was locked
  • 2 weeks later...

You seem not so interested in moving poop to its own world.

I definitely don't come here to browse as often as I used to.  Poop is about half as sexy as bedsores with maggots crawling in the dead flesh, and I don't want to THINK of it, even in passing, when I'm looking for material that arouses me.

Yes, I can download material using a set of mental rules about what I'll be likely to be interested in viewing when I'm once again in the mood, but having the mood killed makes browsing less of a delightful activity in itself and more of a chore.

My prediction is that you're going to have more and more participants who are into the poop thing and it will eventually be central to what the site is about, as other people who are seriously not into it move on and look for other sites.

• The topic was unlocked

The simple solution would be to just make a new section for that sort of stuff and encourage people to post that content over there, and, of course, for the mods to move stuff that keeps being posted in the wrong section to the right one until people start to take a hint.  That sort of thing isn't just a turn-off for me, it actually makes me physically ill to see it much of the time - I'll admit it, I don't have a particularly strong stomach for certain content.  Just get people to keep it out of the Omorashi section.  Thanks.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious to know whether the people who frequent the Omutsu / Diaper fetish portion of the board also have a lot of participants who don't want to encounter shit or mentions of shit, poop, messing, etc.... or if that might be a better home for it.

I never go in there (well, I just did, investigating the above question, but I don't typically).  So if all the poop stuff were in Omutsu (or in a subforum of it) that would hide it from my view.

My opinion on this is pretty much that of the OP. The site has "omorashi" in its name, and orthodox omorashi has always been about desperation/wetting. Female desperation/wetting, if narrowed down to what the majority really likes.

In reality, the perception of omorashi has somehow morphed to include every fetish in existence. The most outlandish thing omorashi I've heard is "holding breath"... Yeah.

Theoretically, inclusivity is good, it A) allows to get more visitors for the site; and B) it allows those smaller and less organized groups to get a site to call home.

But at the same time, inclusivity is also bad:

1) it dillutes the content, leading to situations where people come to this site, expecting to find certain content, but struggle to do that as the site has been taken over by other content, one having little to do with its name.

2) some of the content (scat in particular) is disgusting to some people and turn them away alltogether.

A request to move messing into its own category is fair and logical, because omo, AB/DL and scat all represent very distinct groups of fetishes and I'm not sure all of them coexisting under the same roof is a good idea in the long run.

3 hours ago, KnottyBuoy said:

I'm curious to know whether the people who frequent the Omutsu / Diaper fetish portion of the board also have a lot of participants who don't want to encounter shit or mentions of shit, poop, messing, etc.... or if that might be a better home for it.

I never go in there (well, I just did, investigating the above question, but I don't typically).  So if all the poop stuff were in Omutsu (or in a subforum of it) that would hide it from my view.

I go in there and i'm not really into the adult baby part or the messing so i don't think you could really say that people who like diapers necessarily like any other particular thing.  It's kind of like anything else.

I also think that if you go into any kind of adult or fetish forum you might see things that gross you out so i am glad the tags are getting added so i don't accidentally stumble onto graphic descriptions of things i don't really like.

As a lover of messing content, I'm also very much aware that messing is a hard squick to a lot of wetting lovers, and I'm keen to do whatever I can to make sure those people do not get exposed to any messing content I might want to read or author.

Right now, all I can do is tag it, make sure my thread titles don't contain any explicit references to it, and report any messing content I encounter that isn't tagged. But that still means people for whom messing is a hard no will see my thread title and the tag.

Although moving messing content to a subforum is one option, I have another feature suggestion, one that would be challenging to implement but will do more to help insulate non-messing people from messing:

Tag blacklist feature.

Allow users to create a list of tags they don't want to see, and hide from them any content that has those tags. One could also use the blacklist for any other content that one finds distressing.

EDIT: I see that Kyuu has already expressed an intention to do this. I fully support this feature and await it eagerly.

Separate from tag blacklisting, I would also favor an explicit policy in the Guidelines such that untagged messing content is a violation of the guidelines (mods to decide the severity). Whether there's a tag blacklist or not, non-messing people should be able to feel safe that they can open a thread that lacks the "messing" tag and not encounter number two in any fashion. Such a policy could also include any other tags that may be considered sensitive. (Presumably this is what the as-yet-unused "Content Warnings" category in the tag database was intended for.)

Edited by garador (see edit history)
22 hours ago, KnottyBuoy said:

The difficulty is that all the fetishes are inter-linked to some extent or other.

Personally, I’m primarily a DL with a main focus on wetting, and also like non-diapered wetting. I hate graphic poop stuff but quite like implied/contained messing accidents, just for the loss of control aspect. No interest in regression/ageplay, roleplay or anime/artwork etc. Everyone here will have different combinations of boxes that they tick!

Maybe slightly more ABDLs than wetters/holders are into poop stuff but still think it’s the minority.