Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What do people mean by bladder hurts? What is "pain" for you?

I ntoice when I do long holds at home sometimes i dont really feel pain its just impatience and not being able to keep still but I dont feel pain. Sometimes, though not pain, I feel my belly being stretched/full but even then I woudnt all it pain. What type of hurt/pain mean for you? Is it because my bladder is not full enough even though I have 1L in my bladder and I am leaking?   Only once did I have some actual back pain a few years ago. IS it a gender thing where women are more likely to feel pain due to smaller bladders with less room to expand and weaker control?

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

I'm a guy and my bladder control is really strong. When it hurts for me it means that the urine is starting to back up towards my kidneys and I am forced to forfeit the hold to avoid physical harm. This is why rapid desperation doesn't work and is kinda dangerous in my case. I have never had a legitimate loss of control because of this. In all of my holds I either get bored of holding or it starts to be painful, but It's always a choice to let go.

I don't think it has to do anything with gender, and it varies a lot from person to person. Likely depends on the strength of sphincters and overall bladder sensitivity.

Many people, I'm sure, don't feel bladder pain simply because they're unable to hold strong enough pressure to make bladder hurt, and lose control (or give up) before it begins. Some people (I spoke with a few like that) seem to be able to hold great pressure, but their bladders aren't very sensitive, like they don't have much nerve endings.

For myself, when my bladder gets really full it begins as a moderate ache in my bladder (like a stomach ache), then grows into more sharp pain toward front part of the bladder, and eventually turns into burning/stinging sensation in the bladder walls. I've held past that few times, and then I start feeling dull ache in my lower back what I assume is kidney pain (that's where I sop hold no matter what because it's too dangerous to continue).

When I've gotten REALLY desperate (which only happened on my holds) I could feel some level of bladder pain. A bit of which carries over as my holding muscles recover but they always did so I knew it wasn't bladder damage or UTI or anything.

Still never fully lost control though. Some involuntary leaks but my holds always end with me voluntarily peeing my pants out of impatience.

Haven't felt kidney pain but I know to stop the hold immediately if I do.

I do also experience a veritable pain when my bladder is really full to the limit. I feel it on the lower front side of my bladder. I guess it is mainly the sphincter muscles, maybe mixed with the strain of the bladder tissue. Holding myself doesn't help much more after I passed this point.

But soon after it starts to hurt I begin to leak, which releases some pressure and eases the pain.

I have also experiences a mild kidney pain while trying rapid desperation, so I don't do that anymore. I have learned that I can also bring myself to the bursting point with less liquid intake.

Guest StrwbryMilkTae

For me, it pulses and aches and sometimes cramps. It depends on how well you can hold and how much. I start to feel pain after having 1.5L or more usually.