Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The Difference between Women's Behavior in the Restroom Line outside the Bathroom and Inside the Bathroom

I was recently chatting with one of my friends about desperation and he mentioned how he was a teacher and that he noticed the interesting behavior that when he would see women waiting outside the bathroom door at school that the girls would behave, but if you can see inside of the girls bathroom sometimes he could see that the girls were getting more agitated and showing more signs of desperation once they were in the bathroom itself, and they seemed like they were getting more antsy and agitated and angry and much less well composed, and he thought that it was interesting that women tend to be composed and everything while they are outside of the bathroom, but then once they get inside the bathroom behind closed doors they were more overt about showing their desperation.
This brought me back to my high school situation where we had a really limited amount of time to use the bathrooms between class, and especially the last year or two where they closed all but one of the girls bathrooms, so we had five stalls for several hundreds of girls and only four minutes between class. As a result you would get very competitive for the bathroom.

And I definitely think that this observation is correct, because it something I have noticed myself. When women are waiting outside of the bathroom and where they are visible to everyone most of them managed to maintain their composure, but once you are inside the bathroom and away from the prying eyes of the public you are more likely to start grabbing yourself and crossing your legs and dancing around in agitation and getting kind of annoyed with the women in front of you. Also I think when you know relief is getting closer you get more agitated.

I think that this is magnified if it's a situation where you only have a limited amount of time to use the bathroom and you know not everyone might get the chance to go. Then it's just like an all-out war to be first in line for the bathroom, and basically it's like screw all the women behind you. So that's what I think with women start cursing and getting annoyed with one another and just really getting more aggravated by the bathroom line in general.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior in general? That when you are outside of the bathroom in line you generally behave yourself but as you get into the bathroom itself you are more likely to get more aggressive about getting your relief as soon as possible. Where women inside of the bathroom start getting more testy with one another and more competitive for the bathroom available.
What has everyone else's experience been with this type of situation? I have definitely noticed it after my job after the women haven't been to the bathroom all day it's pretty much like a fight to get to first in line for the bathroom, but once you finally get to the bathroom you just don't give a damn about anyone coming after you!

I also think this is something that a lot of guys don't understand because guys usually go to the bathroom without having any type of wait or anything like that, so they understand that women who have a scarcity of time to use the bathroom and a scarcity of bathrooms to use, often have to be more aggressive about getting their relief, because in the end maybe not everyone will get to go. That is something that guys I think are lucky about, they don't understand it when there is a scarcity of bathrooms like women face that you have more than agitated and more competitive and more warlike behavior about getting to the bathroom. Guys have the luxury of always getting to go to the bathroom, women who are often forced to wait a really long time and then have to wait in line besides you can understand how we might get a little bit more agitated!

"after chatting with other people several times, I have to find that it is a chance to be a woman. when there are no men present the women are more demonstrative and hide their levels of desperation much less like I said, it is a chance to be a girl who likes to see other desperate girls"

I definitely think that there is truth to that. In public you are sort of expected to be like calm, cool and collected and to be proper and everything like that, but when you are in a private area like that you can more let loose so to speak as you are waiting to let loose so to speak!

That is why it is more interesting to see them what is going on inside the bathroom but when you are about to burst it's also a much more hostile environment I think where all of the women are basically jockeying to be first in line for the bathroom. Like I said it gets to be a very competitive environment!

Again I think this is in contrast to the men, for the men always have their needs met right away so they don't really have to compete with access fight over access to the bathroom. Women face bathroom scarcity and we fight for the opportunity to pee first to relieve ourselves and in a situation with limited time to use the bathroom you're basically competing with the other women to be the one who gets to go where to the victor goes the spoils, and to the women who don't get to go have to keep holding.

other girls can get really mean when another girl really has to pee. I think there are several reasons for this. 1 for fear of not succeeding, 2 for self-esteem: to be stronger, taller, .. than she, 3 for nastiness: some girls are deeply jealous of other girls. it is even more pronounced if it happens in humiliating places. like school, highway toilets, ....

"other girls can get really mean when another girl really has to pee. I think there are several reasons for this. 1 for fear of not succeeding, 2 for self-esteem: to be stronger, taller, .. than she, 3 for nastiness: some girls are deeply jealous of other girls. it is even more pronounced if it happens in humiliating places. like school, highway toilets, ...."

Amen to that, although I think in most cases it's more simple than that, I really think that in most cases it says that they want to be first to go to the bathroom, or that they just want to go to the bathroom altogether if there is only a limited amount of time to use it. But the fact is once you finally get your chance to go you don't care as much about the people coming after you. In that regard I feel like we are own worst enemies in the bathroom sometimes, but still we have to consider that that is the situation that men have sort of  reduced us to, where there's not enough to go around so we are forced to fight each other for something as basic as relief, and that naturally makes people a little bit nasty and short with one another!

Although I do think you are right that some girls are just nasty in general and want to always be one upping others, and people are just naturally selfish, and I know that when my bladder is full though I don't want to start trouble, so I tend to be meek so I just tend to keep this in mind and really hope that I will be first. There's nothing worse in the world than to have to go to the bathroom and see other to go when you don't get to and then have to continue interacting with those girls knowing that they know you didn't get to go, especially if they were the reason you didn't get to go.

I'm lucky (or unlucky) to be a pretty girl from a very young age! but it often created jealousy with other girls. the worst girls, are the gorgeous girls who are afraid of losing the first place! during my schooling, I experienced several situations where a girl, or a small group, found opportunities to make me wait or organized situations that prevent easy access to the toilet

"I'm lucky (or unlucky) to be a pretty girl from a very young age! but it often created jealousy with other girls. the worst girls, are the gorgeous girls who are afraid of losing the first place! during my schooling, I experienced several situations where a girl, or a small group, found opportunities to make me wait or organized situations that prevent easy access to the toilet"

I have to say I find that very interesting, I would love to hear about your situations of being prevented from going to the bathroom.

I am lucky that I didn't experience any direct challenge to me using the toilet or direct harassment in the bathroom, just a lot of sort of awkward and tense situations. Like I think that I don't consider myself to have been one of the especially pretty girls, even though I was much bustier than most, although in high school I was really fat so I wouldn't really have considered myself to be especially attractive.

However I was something like the teacher's pet and I was normally very calm cool and collected, so a couple of times when I went into the bathroom and I saw a long line of girls and realized that there was no chance I would have a chance to get to the bathroom during that particular between class period, some of them I think gave me a look like a look Jill has been made mortal as she has to pee just like all the rest of us, and it looks like she's not going to get to go!

I think that the feeling that was comparable was the reaction when some people found that I had a job without toilets, like me of all people now being forced to wait all day to go to the bathroom, I think a lot of people found that somewhat satisfying given my previous attitudes, like I was taking down a peg and now has to deal with something that I hadn't previously had to deal with.

I think that I got more ribbing from my male friends because they knew that I would usually try to go to the bathroom between every class, so when they saw that the girls bathrooms were locked and I was pounding on the doors and not able to get it they thought it was purely hilarious where as I was just infuriated! I don't know what made me angrier, the other girls I had to wait with in the bathroom, or seeing the boys get to go in and out of the bathroom whenever they needed it without any wait whatsoever. The fact that they could all relieve themselves in a timely manner without any type of wait or restriction while all the women basically had to fight for the opportunity to do something as basically as relieve themselves, that just made me so jealous and angry!

And no matter what it is, no matter who is in the bathroom with you, it's always sort of a tense situation when you are all waiting in a huge line for the bathroom all looking agitated and staring at each other and thinking come on you bitches hurry up! When you are all in the bathroom like that and you all know you really have to go and are all waiting for the same opportunity it's easy to sense the tension in the air. You see a lot of very frowny and very agitated faces when you are all waiting for the bathroom it doesn't tend to make you as polite to one another.

"how lucky to be able to wait so long! I am totally incapable of it! I really have to use the breaks between classes. after two lessons I have to use the toilet. if unfortunately I can't do it, at the next break I'm really in a hurry, and there it's totally impossible to wait much longer"

I have found the hard way that I can hold longer than I thought I was able to. Back in high school my bladder was a lot weaker but that is why I went between every class if given the chance because I knew that you wouldn't necessarily get to go every time because there could be a line or something like that. The real struggle that was during the last two years when they closed all the girls bathrooms except for the one on the first floor because they found drugs in the bathroom, so that meant that the only time I could go to the bathroom really was during lunch when they didn't take attendance and I can afford to wait 20 minutes to take a piss! By then I was bursting!

"I don't know about you, but with us we move forward every year with the same students. so very early on, I had to deal with a girl who always found it amusing to delay my access to the toilet. I think over time this situation has become quite pleasant. Now an adult I'm not humbled to be desperate or to have a slight accident"

That is the same in school in the United States, unless a student gets left back they are generally with the same students year after year. Personally I would find it positively intimidating if there was a girl who was consistently trying to keep me from a toilet, it would be interesting to hear how you deal with a situation like that. I would find it very difficult to deal with because I was not very good with dealing with bullies in high school. So I am very lucky that at least I didn't have a specific bathroom bully like that!

Ok, as a guy, I have a question.  If women are so competitive to get to the toilet to get relief, why do they always go to the toilet in groups?  I would think that if you didn't invite others to go with you that you would have less competition.  Is it the challenge?  Is it the (not so) secret personal enjoyment of having to hold it?  Sorry if I missed the answer, I read the first few posts in this topic before I scrolled here to ask my question.

"Ok, as a guy, I have a question.  If women are so competitive to get to the toilet to get relief, why do they always go to the toilet in groups?  I would think that if you didn't invite others to go with you that you would have less competition.  Is it the challenge?  Is it the (not so) secret personal enjoyment of having to hold it?  Sorry if I missed the answer, I read the first few posts in this topic before I scrolled here to ask my question."

It's sort of a negative stereotype that women always go to the bathroom and groups, but it does happen when you think about it doesn't that make sense if you are with a group of people and you all have to see you all have to go to the bathroom one way or another and you're not going to tell your friends, don't come to the bathroom I want to be first in line!

I think it's more of an issue with strangers because with strangers I feel like you are more likely to be bad tempered, with your friends you are more likely to just suck it up.