Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Markdown or something?

Is there any way to write a post with Markdown and then paste it here as markup (with bold, italics, etc. in plain text) like you can do on many other systems? Then when posting it would be converted to HTML, etc?

This would make posting lengthily stories with a lot of formatting much easier... 

Any other way to do something similar here?  The posting tool is adequate, but it doesn't make a great editor for working on a piece in raw form and cleaning it up, etc. (it'd be nice to be able to add formatting at that stage)

**test**

Edited by MrMakeherWait (see edit history)

Hmm, I don't have a source button at the top of my text entry.  There may be tiers to what kind of access you have to the editor.  I likely have the freebie access FNG editor which doesn't have that.  That said, I have found it suits my needs well enough, but I definitely understand wanting a little more granular control.  Maybe that's something that can be investigated and granted.

Yeah, I get 73MB as well.  Also, the first button I have on my bar is the B for bold, so I guess you must have something different on your account than I do, especially since I have the freebie account and have a relatively new account with low numbers so far.  Either way, I haven't needed up upload any media yet, so the limitations on my account aren't really an issue for me.  It also occurred to me just now that the source button may be hidden somewhere in the settings somewhere I haven't found yet, but it doesn't seem like the type of thing that you would have accidentally enabled and didn't remember how to.  So, I'm guessing either by buying a membership or getting a certain amount of rep, you may have unlocked that.  Either that or the moderators granted it to you directly for some other purpose.  Either way, nope.  I don't got that one.

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, wilbob76 said:

You should be a vip imho.

I looked in the subscriptions section https://www.omorashi.org/subscriptions/.  The advantages seem mostly about download , amounts and speed. However, there is  Exclusive profile customization options, and more, on the bottom of the list of perks. No idea what that means. Perhaps admin can chime in.

Could the browser we are using make a difference. I am using chrome. I do not have a source button. I have never seen that. 

To be fair the upload limit here is higher than some other sites. I stopped trying to do so on Pee-search years ago because of it. But yea, I have had that issue here when trying to upload a video. I thought the limit is lower than it use to be. I know it costs money to maintain this site. Others have gone dark due to the lack of it.

• 2 months later...

I wrote a simple script to set style="color:inherit;" on some HTML tags. This should fix the color issue when pasting.

https://forum-post-helper.netlify.app/color-inherit.html

So you would get some HTML code from Markdown or otherwise, and paste it into the text area. After clicking the button you can copy the preview and paste it into the forum editor. I noticed however that it doesn't work when pasting only one paragraph.