Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Trying Bedwetting, looking for opinions

A basic waterproof mattress protector has always worked for me. They make cushier ones you have to wash, that look like normal fitted mattress pads, but the dryer ruins those, so I just use a simple vinyl one. I wipe it dry with the dry parts of the sheets or pajamas. I had to get used to it being there, but I think I'm picky about that sort of thing and it wouldn't bother most people.

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)

A basic vinyl mattress protector is the best.  They're cheap and available at pretty much every big box store.  I don't like the fabric ones for the reasons trekkie mentioned - they'll definitely leak.

I use a mattress topper over the protector to add another layer of absorption and to make it less sweaty.  You can also add a few towels under the topper if you plan on having more than one or two big wettings.

I've only just started doing this so I'm no expert but I was looking for similar suggestions not long ago (I think that's what brought me to this board).

I went for a fabric one because I'd rather just have it on the bed all the time and it's more comfortable. I might not decide to wet the bed more than maybe one a month but I'd rather have it there ready so I'm not fucking about putting it on when I decide I want to.

The one I got has a quilted top so it adds a bit of comfort as well, and the waterproof part is polyurethane. This means it doesn't make a crinkly noise or feel really obvious. It just feels like a normal bed sheet.

I've only made full use of it a couple of times but there's absolutely no seepage. It puddles up at first but does spread and soak in after a couple of minutes.

The only issue is what's already been mentioned, the laundry. I'd probably make a bit more use of it if I didn't have to wash it every time. I think if I got one that wasn't quilted I'd maybe try just leaving it on and letting it dry through the day and, as long as it didn't smell too strongly, just using it a few times before washing it. Being quilted though it does take a while to dry.

5 hours ago, trekkie said:

They make cushier ones you have to wash, that look like normal fitted mattress pads, but the dryer ruins those, so I just use a simple vinyl one.

I was worried about this but they are labelled as dryer safe. I put mine in on low heat and it's fine. If you put it in on high heat though I'm fairly sure it would melt.

I guess since you're just trying it out it might be worth getting a cheaper vinyl cover in case you wind up not doing it again/very often, but I like my fabric one.

Edited by Tall Cake
spelling mistake (see edit history)

I am not sure if this will help, but you can get a washable and reusable incontinence pad (like a blue chuck pad) from Amazon or hospital supply company (Amazon is usually cheaper). And for general info - no one cares if you go into a hospital supply company and buy a box of medical gloves, medical grade Body cleaner (Hibiclens), and an arm full of washable blue chuck pads. 

The washable pads we have feel better than a plastic or vinyl mattress cover. They only cover 3 x 4 feet and hold a fair amount of fluid when my wife leaks.

But the downside is that if there is runoff, there goes the mattress without more protection. 

So, FWIW, if you are planning a drenching, protect the whole mattress (and box spring if you think either of you may leak over the edge). Add towels or something comfy in between that can act as a cushion (if you want or need that). 

Most of all ... have fun and in return, whether she likes, loves, not sure, or doesn't care for bedwetting, grant her at least two of her most secret fantasies (if you don't know them, or want to show her you really love her ... make homemade coupons) AND give her flowers (if she isn't allergic) AND make her dinner (if you can cook) ....

Cheers!

My girlfriend and I haven't really gotten into wetting, but we have tried a number of mattress covers and found that eventually they end up leaking.in addition, they pool around you a lot and when you shift your weight to get out of bed, the pool follows you. You better have towels or some other protection on the floor. 

We ended up just getting chucks like suggested above. We use them for wet fun which is fine since we haven't done overnight wetting, just kinda have our fun, then clean up and go to sleep.