Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why do I feel like everyone here is from the UK

On 1/8/2021 at 7:13 AM, SCTrainFanatic said:

I'm from the USA. Please excuse us for the moment; about half of our country has lost their minds.

Ah yes, but which half?

We are all getting increasingly polarised and divided - here in the UK too - it’s time to try to understand the other side’s point of view even where we don’t agree. 

I’m from the UK and I do get the impression that we are disproportionately represented on here, even amongst English-speaking countries. I don’t know why. 

On 1/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, David_E said:

Do you mean you are not into omo itself, or do you mean that you would use a Japanese site OMO except that you also want to learn English?

Incidentally, judging from that one reply, your English is impeccable!

No, I'm a huge Omo fan, I just want to practice my English. I think it's pretty good but in speaking, I'm not so confident.

21 hours ago, David_E said:

Gosh, this is a forum that is blissfully free of politics - please, please, please may it stay that way!

I agree, it's better this site wasn't politicised. We also have divisions in politics in Japan about Article 9 and rearmament, but there's no place for that on talking about how fun it is to pee in your skirt.

I'm from Australia.

Incidentally, SCTrainFanatic, the way you supposedly brought politics into it is perfectly okay. You weren't pushing some controversial opinion, all you said was please excuse us... Without intending to sound anti American, I think you made a very pertinent observation! And as WetDave added, it’s time to try to understand the other side’s point of view even where we don’t agree.

23 hours ago, Anna B said:

I think you made a very pertinent observation! And as WetDave added, it’s time to try to understand the other side’s point of view even where we don’t agree.

Agreed - but maybe not here - just as we don't do computer programming or ancient history, or many other things here! I feel this forum is blissfully innocent!

On 1/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, AliasnameTO said:

I'm American, but noticed the same link between the UK and omo even years ago with the Shar and Ger's site. Brits just love their piss apparently 😛

That’s why they say “you’ve got to be taking the piss!” Right?

Edited by Gatto-Italiano
The website messed up I swear... (see edit history)