Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Women - would you prefer if your male companion/hiking partner also held it in on hikes?

Just wondering because I was talking to a friend recently and he told me he had to hold his pee for his entire hike (90mins) because his gf didn't want him to go outside and so he held it rather than going. Would women feel a sense of solidatary if men held it with them or do women see it as disgusting that men would just go outside and pee and hence prefer if the guy also holds it in?

I think it's a pretty hot concept. I'm a guy, and I wouldn't pee in any situation where my female partner couldn't pee. Either way, I refuse to pee outside. When I was younger, I went on a long hike and didn't realize that there wouldn't at least be porto-potties at certain points along the trail (stupid, I know, but I didn't really think about it beforehand). I held my pee for four hours plus the two hour ride back. I was bursting by the time I got to a bathroom.

Edited by lsn1 (see edit history)

I'm a male and wouldn't hold it out of solidarity for a female friend, but I would always help them find a restroom if necessary (for example by making a little detour).

Now since most hikes I do are usually at least four hours long, everyone probably has to pee outside at one point. Of course you sometimes find a cabin with toilets in tourist areas, but often you'll have to take a pee in the woods or in the mountains (where it's more difficult to find a secluded spot). I've never met a companion (female or male) that had an issue with it. If I'm hiking with women I like a lot, it's often quite a turn on for me if they announce their need to pee - "Would you mind going ahead for a few meters? I'll have to take a toilet break behind that tree." 😏

I don't really go on hikes anymore but I do have my job that's outdoors and it is very frustrating when the guys can just pee wherever they want while I am holding it all day. But at the same time I'm not a totally vindictive bitch about it, it does seem ridiculous that they should hold it just because I am unable to go, but it is still rather frustrating. But again I am not going to forbid someone from going to the bathroom simply because I can't, even though it does rather aggravate me and make me feel more frantic. It does give you a feeling of jealousy and envy that the guys can relieve themselves so easily when you cannot.

Hike with a female company is my favorite scenario. I will hold it in as long as I can and make my company to admit her pee urgency firstly. 

I'm wondering for females desperate to pee in this situation, if she will hope her male company propose an outside pee so she can naturally follow this idea and release herself. 

Edited by Sudoers (see edit history)
  • 1 year later...

I've led mixed-gender group hikes. By the end of the day, nearly everyone had peed at least once, some two or three times. Those that hadn't were very uncomfortable, either because they'd been holding far too long or were dehydrated from not drinking anything. Almost to a one, the trip left bad memories and they wouldn't be coming back. 

I personally believe that being unable or unwilling to pee out in nature when they needed to has kept far too many women and men from enjoying outdoor activities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Isn't this also dependent on the relative bladder sizes? Someone with a huge bladder could just choose not to go outside. Because he/she doesn't find it comfortable, or just likes to hold it. I have a rather small bladder capacity, so I would find it quite unfair if a woman would use the "you should not go as a guy, because we women can't go too" argument on me while she had a super large bladder.

I don't think it's gross for anyone to pee on a hike; I would rather ensure everyone is hydrated and comfortable. 

BUT if there was a requirement for some reason of everyone to have to hold it, and frequent drinks from a canteen caused people to squirm and hold themselves, and vocally express their desperation with some people maybe ultimately losing control...I mean...well dang, I think this might be a new fantasy for me lmao XD 

I wouldn't want anyone to be too embarrassed or distressed though, and I'd defend them and let them borrow my hoodie to tie around their waist. Hopefully if everyone was in the same boat, people might laugh about it more than anything else. Idk that sounds like a weirdly sweet bonding thing in a way? (Maybe that's just me lmao)