Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Indian Call Center Desperation

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you for this lovely novel. I'd like to give them comfort, to take their place, even if fiction.

I'm from a country using the letters "おもらし". I'm reading with machine translators. I post this the first time.

I found this novel by chance when studying about emotional labor. I had worked in call centers for several years. The same, many operators who are non-permanent employed women line up and talk to the headset, here too. They must be careful about the locality, the weather and the accent, because they act as a substitute for an employee of a client firm in a big city, support unfamiliar products.
At workplaces I experienced, one consecutive shift was about 3.5 hours. Then there was a 1 hour lunch break, and a similar afternoon shift. Taking an emergency break during a shift was usually allowed, but required the reason. So I never did. But in a complaint call (most were it), could be a long, we were forced to have a tough time.

I have experience in answer one call more than 7 hours. Neither hanging up nor an "escalation" (handing over) was allowed. Since there was no workaround as usual, all I could do was keep apologizing to the customer raging at me until the one was satisfied.
After writing the report and long reprimanding by the supervisor for my slow processing, I toddled toward the restroom with a stoop so as not squeezed my painful ballooned abdomen, sometimes could not move for eased the crisis. And I was able to endure it (in truth, pads saved me slightly). But maybe had been noticed by neighbor fellows... embarrassing.

Many similar cases may have hit fellows, but they seemed extremely patient unlike me.
So I had never seen an accident.

Even so, I very often had seen a fellow worked tearfully or who burst into tears was taken to other room (An innocent new employee shall sit in the empty seat instead from tomorrow). Maybe it was because of burnout from keeping be a punching bag for bitter verbal violence. I was one of them. I am sorry to more stressful and painful workers.
May hard workers be happy!
I am sorry to the author about my writing is off topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...