Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

24h hold except you put the odds in your favor

I’ve seen posts about 24h hold attempts but none of them ever seem to succeed, and most of them also involve excessive drinking. I feel like a 24h hold is somewhat possible if you have a decent capacity, and I feel that someone should actually do a serious attempt.

First off, the optimal way of doing this is to pee before bed and hold it all day tomorrow until night. For people who get desperate upon waking up, perhaps drink less the day before. Secondly, it may not help a lot, but maybe not consuming much would also benefit a hold. Of course, you should drink something, but the optimal amount is probably <750 ml, as well as eating food that doesn’t contain much water or salt. Lastly, indoor sitting activities that occupy your mind during the whole day would be way better than doing things active or outside. 

Those are but simple observations, I am eager to hear of any experiences or feedback, as well as simply attempts (using the above procedures or not).

Edited by MrPiggy (see edit history)
  • The title was changed to 24h hold except you put the odds in your favor

I feel like this is very possible but you'd have to have a pretty sizable bladder and limit your liquids intake throughout the entire day. Salt intake might be necessary because your body will hold onto water the more salt you intake but take too much and you'll get thirsty. 

With this challenge, I think the best approach is to do it on a busy day where you have lots to do and to keep yourself distracted. Problem is, it can take the fun out of the challenge because there is no time to focus on the urge to pee. 

I am doing 24 hours holds every now and then and have already posted some details in the past.
Just by chance today I am in the middle of a full day's hold as I have to work from home due to Corona. It is 13 hours since I peed the last time and my bladder feels all but empty, but I hope to be able to proceed. I drank a little less than average but did not really restrict my intake. In the moment I am running errands around the house that help to distract me from my rising urge. I look forward to have to cope with the surges that will definitely start soon. I am wearing much too small and constricting cotton gym shorts for underwear because at least in my case they are facilitating my power to tolerate a bursting bladder.

I've done 36 hours before, but that was special circumstances. I feel like 24 hours is pretty achievable for most people, providing you're willing to significantly lower your water intake. I guess it just becomes a matter of how little water is healthy compared to how much you have to pee. Safety first of course

It would be interested for people to attempt a 24 hour hold and post how far they got, maybe with equal parameters?

2 hours ago, plas broek said:

I skipped the toilet several times for 24 hours, and once for 48 hours as well. I haven't really limited my water intake, but I am generally inclined to drink a little less than I should. 24 hours was fine for me, 48 hours I managed with difficulty.

24 hours surely are manageable for me, but 48 hours are far beyond my reach. And I would not suggest holding it for 24 hours is 'fine' for me. Just now I am struggling not to give up with a bladder filled up for 20 hours. The urge is coming in waves, the surges come and go, and I have to hold me constantly. Until 1 hour ago I thought I might reach my goal quite easily as I was in my so-called 'plateau phase' when I enjoy a constant pleasant feeling of fullness even with an already very full bladder. But meanwhile my bladder filled up further and it gets harder to calm me down. Oh these twitches.
My absolute max were 35.5 hrs, but many years ago and much younger

I also really want to hit 24 hours target. But can't do it this way because I can't avoid pooping in the morning. If I skip the morning defecation it will be troublesome all day and pee holding won't be any fun. Therefore I try to pee and poop in the morning, and try to not pee till the next morning. I tried it several times but maximum I have ever been able to reach is around 18 and half hours.

And also I don't like to restrict my fluid intake, because it is not good for health, and also real pee holding feelings come when I hold a lot of urine in my bladder with a good liquid intake. So I usually drink a huge amount.