Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Random question on holding yourself with your hands

It seems that many of you who are into pee holding and desperation use their hands to hold themselves to ease the urge a little bit - at least for some time. While guys are somewhat limited to squeezing their front end, the ladies have some more alternatives, like sitting on their foot and pressing the heel into their crotch or grinding the edge of some object.

It has recently come to may attention that, while I am right-handed, I nearly always use my left hand to hold myself when I reach down instinctively without thinking about it. The only exception is when I'm driving in a car, because I mostly use my left hand for steering and only the right is available. The critical moments then are when I have to shift gears, for I drive a manual.

Anyway, I normally only do this in private or when I believe that nobody does notice it.

So how about you? Do you often hold yourself when you are desperate to pee or do something similar to support your bladder muscles?

Are you left or right-handed and do you use your left or right hand for holding? Is there some kind of pattern to have one hand available for other things?

I always thought the guys had a better option when it came to holding since you can actually pinch off the urethra like that where as women just have to sort of cross their legs and try to hold back the flow that way, which I always thought was much less efficient since you can't actually pinch anything shut except by maybe crossing and twisting and scissoring your legs in all these elaborate ways.

I haven't really noticed any pattern except that I just tend to rest my hand between my legs like that when I really have to go to the bathroom. I never noticed if I use a particular hand for that, and I often do sit with my legs crossed with my leg across my other leg so that might just be instinctive. But other than that I haven't really noticed any real pattern. It's something I do without even thinking, so I had never really given it much thought until now.

I’ve found I’m very different when I’m really desperate to pee. Most people either dance or begin holding themselves but for me I completely freeze. If I’m in a conversation I tend to just get quiet and I stop moving. I become like a statue as I’m concentrating on holding it. Squeezing it makes it feel worse for me and doesn’t help. If I did it’d probably be my left as that’s my dominant hand for my crotch region, haha. 

28 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

I always thought the guys had a better option when it came to holding since you can actually pinch off the urethra like that where as women just have to sort of cross their legs and try to hold back the flow that way, which I always thought was much less efficient since you can't actually pinch anything shut except by maybe crossing and twisting and scissoring your legs in all these elaborate ways.

First I want to reiterate , males do not have and advantage in squeezing our urethra at the tip of our penis. While it helps psychologically, briefly  when my pee feels like it is going to come out , and I still do it, in reality except to forestall a small leak it does nothing. Our sphincter , along with our prostate is at the base of our penis. 

. Once urine passes that into our urethra it is coming out regardless of what we do, because there is nothing to stop it except squeezing the pee hole shut. But believe me I have tried, this works only for a second or two. With the sphincter failing to stop the flow the pee continues to build up in my penis . The result is a sharp intense excruciating pain, that  reflexively causes my hand to let go, no matter what will happen. Once I let go at least the urine in my shaft will come out forcefully.

To answer lovewetting's question, I am right handed and always use my right hand for everything down there, holding my pee , holding my dick as I pee , and , yes masterbating. I have tried using my left hand , but it feels awkward and ineffective although it still works, except for the last thing. The angle seems off and perhaps  my member thinks that is cheating  

3 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I haven't really noticed any pattern except that I just tend to rest my hand between my legs like that when I really have to go to the bathroom. I never noticed if I use a particular hand for that, and I often do sit with my legs crossed with my leg across my other leg so that might just be instinctive. But other than that I haven't really noticed any real pattern. It's something I do without even thinking, so I had never really given it much thought until now.

And your icon is a classic desperation pose, the hands at the midriff.  I have always felt that holding isn't so much about closing the outlet and actually more about distracting the nerves.  I sometimes punch myself on the thigh on the basis that the brain can't process two pains at the same time.   I picked that up from techniques for back pain!

Guest shortmetalboi
6 hours ago, luvwetting said:

It seems that many of you who are into pee holding and desperation use their hands to hold themselves to ease the urge a little bit - at least for some time. While guys are somewhat limited to squeezing their front end, the ladies have some more alternatives, like sitting on their foot and pressing the heel into their crotch or grinding the edge of some object.

It has recently come to may attention that, while I am right-handed, I nearly always use my left hand to hold myself when I reach down instinctively without thinking about it. The only exception is when I'm driving in a car, because I mostly use my left hand for steering and only the right is available. The critical moments then are when I have to shift gears, for I drive a manual.

Anyway, I normally only do this in private or when I believe that nobody does notice it.

So how about you? Do you often hold yourself when you are desperate to pee or do something similar to support your bladder muscles?

Are you left or right-handed and do you use your left or right hand for holding? Is there some kind of pattern to have one hand available for other things?

I usually only hold myself when Im in private. Also im right handed haha. 

17 hours ago, wettingman said:

First I want to reiterate , males do not have and advantage in squeezing our urethra at the tip of our penis. While it helps psychologically, briefly  when my pee feels like it is going to come out , and I still do it, in reality except to forestall a small leak it does nothing. Our sphincter , along with our prostate is at the base of our penis. 

. Once urine passes that into our urethra it is coming out regardless of what we do, because there is nothing to stop it except squeezing the pee hole shut. But believe me I have tried, this works only for a second or two. With the sphincter failing to stop the flow the pee continues to build up in my penis . The result is a sharp intense excruciating pain, that  reflexively causes my hand to let go, no matter what will happen. Once I let go at least the urine in my shaft will come out forcefully.

To answer lovewetting's question, I am right handed and always use my right hand for everything down there, holding my pee , holding my dick as I pee , and , yes masterbating. I have tried using my left hand , but it feels awkward and ineffective although it still works, except for the last thing. The angle seems off and perhaps  my member thinks that is cheating  

I completely agree.  While men may squeeze the penis to reinforce holding, it's only psychological.  Once urine escapes into the urethra, any attempt to stop the flow with a squeeze will be painful and accomplish little.  

I am right handed. Unless I am driving a manual vehicle, I use my right hand. (I had to test this out to see - and yes it my right hand made the grab without me thinking about it.).

In addition. I agree with those above who said it isn't easier (in my personal opinion) for men to hold their pee especially once it is (or feels) like it has come down the urethra. Pinching or grabbing the head of the penis only makes my stream spray in odd directions. Gripping the shaft may very temporarily stop the flow, but, well the only way I can describe the feeling is:

"You know that cartoon or illustration where someone ties a knot (or stands on the end of a garden hose that is spraying water? Yes, the one where a huge bulge appears and swells up. Imagine that feeling over the entire shaft of the penis."

If held, it becomes painful. It can feel absolutely wonderful (if you enjoy the feeling) of releasing it and have a great whacking high pressure piss. 

Holding one's hand over the head feels really great. I love doing this in the shower. It also helped me get over my embarrassment of wanting to taste my own pee. 

I've had a couple of co-workers into desperation and peeing. Both loved using their foot (especially heels) to press against themselves to hold off peeing. I could never win a holding contest with them (or any woman I've known). It may be the Kegel and / or pelvic floor exercises they've done / or practice. 

I do know that I can sometimes stop and start my stream for short periods of time. A female friend told me it is like the male version of Kegels. Guys can even do them sitting in a chair, driving, etc. You concentrate on tightening the muscles between the base of your penis and anus and squeeze. What you are aiming for is to feel the muscles there contract. 

As a result, your penis will bob (or contract a little if not fully erect) and your anus muscles will grip (or pulse as my friend said). It takes time and will not stop your stream for long. You DO have to practice it a lot and over time to help stop your stream. 

Oh, and one more benefit. You can delay ejaculation a bit. It is a tantric method, I was told. I am not sure it works for everyone, but it works ... well, worked for me. And after, when I wasn't as hard, I could flex the same muscles. She like the feeling of that for afters. (Off topic, sorry - but useful in case anyone wanted to know.)

Maybe I'll have an active partner(s) again someday. I can say that she mostly enjoyed me not having very quick orgasms (like a previous boyfriend). 

Sorry to ramble on, anti-narcolepsy meds just kicked in.

Cheers!

Interesting. I realize now I rarely hold myself at all as a guy, I do it almost all hands-free except for maybe rubbing the outside of my pants a little bit for the sexual pleasure or pressing into my pelvis area to torture my bladder some more (when it comes down to that and I'm in private). Likes others said, pinching off the urethra in the penis is pointless and just causes pain- once the pee is there it IS coming out and nothing will stop it.

I've always been a holder. (As my avatar suggests!) For me its just a very natural reaction to a full bladder trying to push out the pee when its not the right time to. My pussy just seems to cry out "Please help me!" Some people assume that holding oneself is a last ditch effort to avoid an accident, which can be true, but for me it's always also been a way of simply helping hold on against a pestering urge. Young children tend to do it quite openly, even unknowingly, but most grow out of it as they grow older. I didn't. I did of course become much more selective about  when and where I allow myself to hold myself, so as not to look stupid, but I've never grown out of it. And occasionally I'll get caught holding myself somewhere I think it won't be noticed, except that it is.

As to right or left handed, as I'm right handed I probably use that more, but if my right hand is already in use I'll quite readily use my left hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Like some of you did already mention, it is absolutely impossible to stop the flow by squeezing once the bladder muscles opened. I can also hold it for a long time without using my hand if necessary. 

But holding myself really makes holding more comfortable. It definitely has some effect on me, not just psychologically but maybe neurologically. In the moment I grab and squeeze myself when I need to pee the urge dies away for a moment, until it comes back and I have to pinch again. I don't know if it gives some kind of nervous signal to the muscles to contract a little bit more or if it is just some kind of override so that I fell the touch of myself more than then the need. 

Anyway, the effect of squeezing decreases the more desperate I become. I will have to pinch myself ever more frequently for the helping effect until I am constantly holding an kneading myself. 

Especially when I have to hold it for a long time, holding myself makes me more comfortable and confident.

31 minutes ago, luvwetting said:

Like some of you did already mention, it is absolutely impossible to stop the flow by squeezing once the bladder muscles opened. I can also hold it for a long time without using my hand if necessary. 

But holding myself really makes holding more comfortable. It definitely has some effect on me, not just psychologically but maybe neurologically. In the moment I grab and squeeze myself when I need to pee the urge dies away for a moment, until it comes back and I have to pinch again. I don't know if it gives some kind of nervous signal to the muscles to contract a little bit more or if it is just some kind of override so that I fell the touch of myself more than then the need. 

Anyway, the effect of squeezing decreases the more desperate I become. I will have to pinch myself ever more frequently for the helping effect until I am constantly holding an kneading myself. 

Especially when I have to hold it for a long time, holding myself makes me more comfortable and confident.

I agree, and although I've said that the benefit is psychological there may also be some neurological message that squeezing/pinching sends to the sphincter, a sort of moral support for the holding effort.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, DesperateJill said:

Heh, yeah, guys can pinch the head which prevents anything from coming out, but the muscle to hold it is behind where you grab.  At least that's how it seems to me.  When I grab to hold it with my hand, if I release the pressure with the muscle, the pee moves up to where I'm holding with my hand,  If I re-engage the muscle to hold my pee, it ends up pushing the pee out of the tip anyway.  Sometimes that pee holding muscle (can't think of what it's called) spasms and pushes the pee out and you end up with no choice but to wet yourself, at least for a spurt.

As others have said, for a guy you can’t hold it in by squeezing the tip - that would be equivalent to a girl trying to squeeze her pee hole shut with her fingers - very difficult and ineffective. The muscles holding back the pee are further ‘upstream’ so to speak!

You can stop the flow by squeezing the shaft, but the feeling becomes very intense very quickly. I don’t feel it as pain as such, just an incredibly intense version of the urge to pee again. I can usually stop my flow with my muscles though, particularly once my bladder is towards empty.

I do find squeezing the tip does numb the urge - how that works in terms of the nervous system I have no idea, but for me at least, squeezing the tip/head numbs the urge to pee temporarily. I use it quite often, and it’s possible to do quite discreetly if you’re wearing loose fitting trousers with your hand in your pocket.

I’m right handed and by instinct use my right hand to hold, but the left also does a fine job sometimes 😂

I usually wear loose long skirts, so I have a lot of room to maneuver my hands around my crotch (whether I'm pretending/role playing or being truely desperate).

It actually turns me on more - as it amplifies the desperation more, and it makes actually getting to the toilet so much more relieving. ^^

Edited by VinylMyGFF
Misspelling (see edit history)