Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Goodnites coming out with new larger XL size!

On 4/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, ilikeadultvids said:

I actually bought some Depend pull ups last night and decided to test them out.  I'm fairly new to them, so I didn't realize that since I was aimed over the pad that it would just leak through the front.  I guess it's a good thing I was wearing a pair of "fun shorts" that were ok if they got wet.

Remember, folks.  When experimenting, it's best to take precautions to prevent a more difficult cleanup in case there's an accident while you are having an accident.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, sonadam9 said:

I am thinking about try to get a pack of this later. Can anyone tell me how absorbentent they are?

About as absorbent as adult pullups. In some ways better especially if you're small because the padding goes all the way up the front and the back.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazon delivered them in less than 24 hours. They were packed in a Amazon box which contained the pretty much plain marked Kimberly Clark box. Looks like my GF will be in these 24/7 for a few days so

got my hands on a pack. i love them    

They have arrived in CANADA!   I spotted XLs in Walmart yesterday and I of course will be back to pick some up. They only seem to have boxes, but I'm not going to complain.    Full

Posted Images

Sweet!  I'm going to have to try getting a pack of these at some time.  These Depend pullups are dumb.  They have an absorbent pad in the front and in the middle.  If these were made for wearing to bed, the pee would just go down the back and soak through.  Also, they don't even go all the way up front.  When I tried them out, I got a bit excited and ended up wetting above the pad and it leaked through to my shorts.  Thankfully, I was explicitly wearing those shorts as a precaution.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, ilikeadultvids said:

Sweet!  I'm going to have to try getting a pack of these at some time.  These Depend pullups are dumb.  They have an absorbent pad in the front and in the middle.  If these were made for wearing to bed, the pee would just go down the back and soak through.  Also, they don't even go all the way up front.  When I tried them out, I got a bit excited and ended up wetting above the pad and it leaked through to my shorts.  Thankfully, I was explicitly wearing those shorts as a precaution.

The Night Defense ones? Yeah, those things are a joke, design-wise. "Night Defense" but they're still designed exactly the same as the rest of their stuff meant to hide under clothing while standing up. They're for adults who pee the bed. Put the protection where it needs to be and keep the low-profile design for the Silhouettes. Or just make bigger Goodnites, since those are nicer in every way.

I seriously wonder how the Depend ones can be for any time use.  Ok, so they don't go around the sides a bit in back.  This means that If I'm laying down, as one does at night, there's no absorbancy in the back and if my cock gets hard, I just end up going over top of the padding and for that matter, I can easily go to the side of the padding as well.  Basically unless I'm flacid and aiming dead center to these things, they aren't going to hold shit.  Which also makes me wonder about keeping in poop.  I'm not into that sort of thing, but I know that there are people who are into messing.  If this does a worse job keeping in a liquidy mess, guess what?  It ain't worth it.  Fuck it.  I might as well just piss my pants.  At least I know what I'm in for at that point.

7 hours ago, ilikeadultvids said:

I seriously wonder how the Depend ones can be for any time use.  Ok, so they don't go around the sides a bit in back.  This means that If I'm laying down, as one does at night, there's no absorbancy in the back and if my cock gets hard, I just end up going over top of the padding and for that matter, I can easily go to the side of the padding as well.  Basically unless I'm flacid and aiming dead center to these things, they aren't going to hold shit.  Which also makes me wonder about keeping in poop.  I'm not into that sort of thing, but I know that there are people who are into messing.  If this does a worse job keeping in a liquidy mess, guess what?  It ain't worth it.  Fuck it.  I might as well just piss my pants.  At least I know what I'm in for at that point.

Or better yet...wear a diaper instead of a pull-up! They work significantly better at everything compared to a pull-up! The only thing pull-ups have an edge on vs diapers is that they have the convenience of being slipped on and not having to deal with taping them on. But as a result, as you've experienced, they fit significantly less securely and on top of that generally lack significantly less capacity since due to their fit, they wouldn't be able to fully utilize increased capacity and they're targeted demographic is intended to have less severe incontinence/"voids" vs the demographic diapers are intended to target.

1 minute ago, LittleOtterPup said:

Or better yet...wear a diaper instead of a pull-up! They work significantly better at everything compared to a pull-up! The only thing pull-ups have an edge on vs diapers is that they have the convenience of being slipped on and not having to deal with taping them on. But as a result, as you've experienced, they fit significantly less securely and on top of that generally lack significantly less capacity since due to their fit, they wouldn't be able to fully utilize increased capacity and they're targeted demographic is intended to have less severe incontinence/"voids" vs the demographic diapers are intended to target.

Might have to agree with you on that.  Not going to buy these again.  I understand that they aren't really targeted to the "enthusiast" market as much, but come on.  I have to imagine someone would have tried these to keep them dry at night only to discover utter failure.  Keep in mind, if you aren't an "enthusiast", leaking and wetting the bed is a BAD thing.

18 minutes ago, ilikeadultvids said:

Might have to agree with you on that.  Not going to buy these again.  I understand that they aren't really targeted to the "enthusiast" market as much, but come on.  I have to imagine someone would have tried these to keep them dry at night only to discover utter failure.  Keep in mind, if you aren't an "enthusiast", leaking and wetting the bed is a BAD thing.

In their defense, which, don't get me wrong, I think just about all pull-ups suffer from being inferior, they try to be as universally fitting as possible. As a result they are somewhat universally fitting, but fit poorly (relative to the snugness of a diaper). Kinda a case of "trying to master all resulting in mastering none". But for very light wettings/accidents, like very small leaks here and there, but not full on wettings, they can handle that. But I have to imagine most bedwetters must wet throughout the night and probably let out more than just a small little spurt here and there which has always made me wonder how effective they are irl practice

I get that pull ups are meant for quick spurts to allow the user to try to regain control, but in that case, is Goodnites really a good name for them?  This Depend pullup I'm wearing does only have padding that comes up about half way up the front and almost nothing to either side.  The stretchy bit seems to dominate the whole of the pull up and as I quickly found out by wetting it a little, the stretchy bit does almost nothing to prevent wetness from getting out and causing a wet spot on the front of my shorts that I wore just for having fun.  But if I was wearing something nice and I was out and about, I would be pissed... if you pardon the pun.

Pardon my language, but what bullshit is this?

Rather than wait for them to reach Canada, because they may never do so, I thought I'd go on Amazon.com and look for the new XL Goodnites, and this is what I found:
image.png

28 pack of boys XL Goodnites = $28.00 ($1/Diaper)

9 pack of girls XL Goodnites = $45.00 ($5/Diaper)

What the actual fuck Amazon?

I'm a thirsty girl when it comes to trying out these diapers, but $5 per diaper? I could get the biggest poofiest unicorn diapers for this much.

ARGGGGGGGG!

Looks like I'm ordering boys Goodnites!

22 hours ago, LittleOtterPup said:

Gosh, you northerners have it hecking tough! Well I guess August isn't too too far off? Right? 😅 Easy for me to say though. Just hang in there and you guys will get your big pull-ups! Just try your best to not count the days!

And I've still never found the black ones they sold in the UK. I did pick up the older designs with the big flowers on them years ago and they never reached Canada either (picked them up visiting the hubby's family in the UK).

2 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

And I've still never found the black ones they sold in the UK. I did pick up the older designs with the big flowers on them years ago and they never reached Canada either (picked them up visiting the hubby's family in the UK).

I remember the flower ones! I had some of those too! Same with the all black ones though, i didn't even know those existed until recently. I think I saw some pics in your waistband peakage thread, which is the greatest thing ever btw 😄.

One thing with the new ones, at least on the ones I got that kinda surprised me, is that the girls ones I got the with the stripes design, they get kinda faded in the part that gets thinner between the legs. I legit thought they were fade when wet designs at first lol. I wonder if anyone else noticed this or has this. I'll try to post a pic when I get a chance

On 5/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, ilikeadultvids said:

So, I only just discovered this on a whim, after having seen them at work and realizing they also sell them at my local big box, but OMG these things take Goodnites to the next level. They're the perfect width to tuck in between the elastic sides so they stay put and each one you add both makes the Goodnite feel thicker (yay!) and ramps up the ability to take a pretty significant flooding! 10/10 would wet again. I understand they actually make a "size up" from this meant for pullups rather than straight baby diapers but from what I can tell, the actual difference is those have a sticky back like a maxi pad to keep them in place better. They're the same length. Maybe even more absorbent? Not sure, they don't have those in my store.

But seriously, everyone who's a fan of Goodnites should consider investing in a pack of these to get more mileage out of them.

2fa4e58cb3bfda52f934f48fabfa042f.jpg&f=1

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess I can start the review now after my totally unplanned accident in them. I started off leaking slowly and they held up fairly well. I then had a few more major leaks (lasting more than 5 seconds) in them and they are still holding up well enough. Now I am slowly constantly peeing and they are still holding up as far as I can tell. Like I heard a hiss as I started peeing but it seems they are still working as intended.
Now as my bladder is tired of my trying to stop peeing midstream I am just letting go and it is remarkably holding up. At least until it started going around the side a bit but thats okay as it seems to be going to the back now. And at about 4/5 of my bladder emptied, I had the first leak. Overall these held up much better than I was expecting and if I didnt have to pee as much (I was literally at the dancing state) and didnt have a laptop on my lap pushing the diaper, they might have held one wetting.

Overall they are still extremely comfortable and I want more adult pull ups to have this type of feel to them. Plus the question of if the diaper will leak or not can be fun too.

Edit:
After changing, and showering, the back on the goodnite was remarkably dry because I was sitting. This implies that if I was standing I probably would have been able to fully pee in one without a leak. Though there were only a few drops around my butt.

Edited by ews21
adding more to the experience (see edit history)

Doing some more science now and am going to start peeing while standing in case there is a difference in how much they hold.
Starting off the same as last time and just letting little spurts out (this time more difficult after the last hold) but it is holding up. Starting to release longer spurts now, but this is going to be tough to not lose control. After writing that, this test is compromised as I ended up uncontrollablly wetting and flooded the goodnite. Despite completely losing control, it only leaked a little bit which I am surprised about.
It seems that the new ones have less padding in back and more in the front and between the legs. Once those areas get wet, that is when they start to leak. If only they made goodnites for adults. But to be fair, a smaller adult (or a smaller bladder) could probably pee in one of these with no problems.

16 hours ago, sonadam9 said:

Do anyone know where I can find these. The only place that I have seen them on the shelf is the supermarket that I work for. And my buying them there is out of the question. I have tried my local Walmart but they haven't had them either.

Walgreens has been the only brick and mortar store I've actually seen the new XLs physically on shelves, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the supermarket you work at xD. I've seen the other new sizes (L and XS) at other stores, but no XLs at any other stores as of yet!

On 5/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, sonadam9 said:

Do anyone know where I can find these. The only place that I have seen them on the shelf is the supermarket that I work for. And my buying them there is out of the question. I have tried my local Walmart but they haven't had them either.

Yeah I found a pack at Walgreens too both times I found them, but that part of the shelf is very empty. Also they have a yellow sticker on them that makes you think they are the old size but in actuality, they are the new size