Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female I impulse/panic bought and I’m so disappointed

So I have never used diapers before. Thought about it for years but I’m absolutely not looking for anyone to know about it. I finally had a moment of bravery last week and walked over to the feminine products aisle, I was looking at some different ones when someone came into the aisle. I completely panicked when she left loaded the first package I could see which were Always discrete maximum.

They don’t seem to hold much at all, either that or I have an enormous bladder. There’s no indication on the package of how much the capacity is. I tested using about half my bladders capacity going fairly slowly and it leaked everywhere. Absolutely not my thing at all, very glad I tested in the shower. Totally ruined it for me. I think it’ll be a bit before I’m ready to try again.

Just now, PrincessPeeach said:

Disappointing.....I feel like even goodnites can hold more than that. I’ve never tried the always discreet to do a comparison though

.....hmmmmmm I sense a shopping trip coming up😂 do they look cute on? 

I think they’ kinda cute, they’re kinda plain. They’re mostly plain white with some small purple ribbon and bow designs at the top. They are pretty high waisted. 

A6B75758-DA81-44DE-8399-DB380C1503B6.jpeg

In the online advertisements Always Discrete Maximum is white with a flower pattern printed on the waist band in dark blue.  To my eye the wearer needs to supply cute.

It seems many DLs (diaper lovers), myself included, have had this experience when they first wear.  Consequently, this topic repeats every few months.  Pull ups with no tabs work for people with giggle and physical-stress incontinence (leakage when coughing, sneezing, running, engaging in high-impact athletics (like gymnastics and trampoline)) and experiencing intestinal bloat.  They also protect clothing when urge incontinence forces out a few spurts and then subsides.

Happily in his fiction, Barry has Amy advise Daniel on selecting and wearing diapers.  The main thing I’ll add is buy diapers in small (travel packs) at first.  As you did, try them.  Some participants here have pull ups work for them when they add a booster pad in the pull u.  I’ve never seen boosters in neighborhood drugstores.  Most use “real” diapers with tabs.

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/30416-daniel-and-amy/

The story has some adorable moments.  Among Amy’s advice, use pull ups and diapers other wearers endorse (Amy in this case).  Fasten the lower tabs first.  Make sure the standing guards are properly positioned before pulling clothing over the diaper.  Pee when first feeling the urge.  Peeing early provides a better chance of stopping should the diaper leak.  It also gives time for the pee to soak in in case the wearer leaks more before getting to change.

Of course wearing a “real” diaper in public limits clothing choices.  

RachelKirwan (the omorashi queen here), advised me to buy a Pee Pod Mat for sleeping bag and bed pees (Bed and Bath stores).  Those take place in positions which make even the real diapers occasionally leak.  The large size Pee Pod Mat works well.  It can be laundered and reused many times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, Delta-Force said:

When I bought my first diapers (Pampers size 6 at the time) when I was 12 I pulled out my phone to look at a "SMS" to not look totaly suspicious to other people that might come around the corner. With the message I played like "What diapers wants me Mum to buy? Oh, I think these." Playing on the phone while paying helps a little with the nervousness too.

Thought about doing this as well, or wearing a bluetooth headset while having a "conversation" with someone who needs some supplies. But then realized Amazon delivers to locker bins. Done deal. Never have to even look at someone. One of the lockers nearby is on a side of a building where nobody parks.

To the OP, thank you for sharing your adventure and photo! You're braver than I. Still feel very hesitant to take any for fear they will upload to the cloud! But these look similar to the ones I've been using from Amazon and so far the Amazon brand holds quite a bit.

Edited by SlendrWetr (see edit history)

I’ve totally been in your shoes! Goodnites are coming out with new XL sizes soon(March) and although probably not anything too crazy capacity-wise they’re still really good for what they are. I’m sure the new ones will naturally have a little more capacity too being sized for big kids like us😅 Not they have really fun prints on ‘em too! As far as anything available at a local drug store goes,  I would definitely recommend!