Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

How Many Friends and Relatives Leak?

In the Bed-Wetters Cabin at Camp fiction, Fern encourages the campers to say, “Everyone wets sometimes.” My parents taught, “Normal people don’t wet.” Let’s find whether your and my experiences lean toward one slogan, the other or somewhere between.

How many friends and relatives Leak or wet? That’s rhetorical – don’t answer yet. Instead consider making a spreadsheet or chart (like the bed-wetting campers wall chart.). Obscure the names or identifications. (I’m terrible at this. Can never think of false names or identifications I’ll remember. I tend to change “Wendy” to “Gail” and such obvious substitutions.)

Also, use an excess of columns and delete columns when you finish. For instance: identification, age, evidence, frequency, cause, day, night, relation to other in chart, beginning age, ended, whatever seems relevant.

What you count as evidence requires judgment calls. Neither are hard proof, but I’ve included friends who told on themselves or family or outed by a dating partner. Excluding my own accidents, In one case I saw the accident. In two I saw the wet fabric soon after the accidents. In another case I saw the dried stains. Otherwise, the leaks were too small to soak through and the floods hidden before I had a chance to see them.

When I tried to fill in my chart, I seemed to know 11 leakers and wetters. Reading the Jenny comedy fiction reminded me of another. Other things reminded me of more.

I’ve now remembered 4 male (including myself) and 12 female leakers and wetters. That’s a small number. But remembering I have autistic spectrum disorder and have only rarely managed to balance more than two close friendships, it suggests my parents claim originated in dreamland.

Online research suggests high-impact athletes have the highest chance of leaking. See Jessica Hull competitive running clips for an example. Last I looked, YouTube had two trampoline examples. Such athletes don’t overlap with my friendship circles.

If you want to make a chart, but not aware of wetters in your family or friendship circles, you could chart the well-known examples in past celebrity wetters threads.

Takeaways so far for me:

1. At least many people wet.

2. Most leaks don’t show.

3. Most floods get quickly hidden

4. Most accident confessions follow on someone else confessing. To clarify, in a light-hearted meeting of eight friends, one admitting an embarrassing flood opens the subject enough for two or three others telling their wetting stories.

Sample not large enough for high certainty, but

5. Among my friends, males seem to make up 25% of leakers. Percent would probably be higher I hung out more with beer drinkers.

6. Wetters seem to group along family and friendship lines. Maybe means some family and friendship circles more open about wetting.

I do not know anyone, family, friend or coworker who leaks, or has accidents....

My husband once peed on the front of his jeans when he was super drunk and trying to pee outdoors....I took the opportunity to gently make fun of him and then turn it sexual, in hopes it might plant a little seed of fun. It didn’t seem to. He’s never done it again. I’ve made him cum in his pants numerous times, which also creates a naughty wet spot, but it’s definitely not an accident....

That’s about as close as it gets for me....

I have to admit that my fetishes (cute panties and pee) have made me check my girlfriends' laundry baskets every now and then. Not very trustworthy to secretly rummage through other people's used underwear, I know - but I only did it with long term lovers and they usually knew what a pervert I was, so fair game? 😇 That means that at least for each of my five relevant partners I had so far, I have seen a pretty good sample size of worn panties and I know how those usually looked and smelled.

One of my past girlfriends clearly seemed to have had some kind of bladder issues. I noticed that sometimes she changed her underwear over the course of the day and afterwards I could often find damp panties with obvious pee stains in the laundry. No full accidents though, more like leaks due to stress incontinence or so. I didn't talk to her about it though - that was more than a decade ago and I didn't have the courage to bring up the issue at that point.

The other four long term girlfriends I had, none of those had an accident I ever got aware of. I've witnessed a fair share of desperation moments (I love traveling and being in the outdoors, that does help), but they always seemed to have made it in time. And while their used panties usually had a wonderful smell of womanhood, I've never ever noticed even a slight pee stain or odor. I might've missed a small accident of course, but at least it didn't happen regularly.

With close friends, relatives or other acquaintances I've also never witnessed an accident, seen any kind of evidence or heard someone talk about it. You have to take into account that most of my friends aren't older than 45, all of my girlfriends hadn't given birth when I was with them and people don't usually talk about stuff like that. "Unreported cases" are likely, but I still think it's probably very rare in my social enviroment.

I don't think I even know enough people in general to warrant making a chart lmao XD

This isn't something I've really asked family or friends, but there's no one as far as I know who has given any indication. I've heard that it can happen when women are pregnant or post-pregnancy, so it's possible it has happened to people I've known who have had kids. 

I mean I've had two legitimate leaking accidents in the past 5ish years, so I guess if there's anyone it's just me? Lol. 

Spoiler

PricessPeach, JensH2 & PetiteWonder,

It certainly seems most people never mention wetting. Maybe my friends have just been more chatty about the subject. But maybe not entirely open.

Medical surveys targeting adolescents and college students give higher numbers than I would have guessed from my experiences. In per-classroom terms, a 30-student classroom will contain three or four females and one or two males with bladder-control problems. For bed wetting males seek medical help at a significantly higher rate than females. Three out of five or more females in very-high-impact athletics experience control problems. That over half. In those high-impact athletics, the odd ones are college women with good bladder control.

Reasons given for poor control change constantly. Ten years ago sources frequently attributed leakage to weak pelvic-floor muscles and over-strong bladder contractions. Now we read over-tense pelvic floor muscles also cause leakage. Frequently peeing before the bladder signals allows it the shrink. Waiting too long damages the bladder. And most studies tell many things remain unknown.

The last does not surprise me. Imagine trying to get a grant to study adolescent girls pee habits. For many studies women self report via paper or on-line surveys. Remarkably, over 90% of young women asks to answer these surveys respond. Doing so may get them a free perk such as a booklet on improving lower urinary track health.

Anyway the high response to these surveys shows many women are willing to reveal their bladder habits and issues and they feel safe doing so. Also, less than ideal control is about as common as less than ideal vision. Should people with poor bladder control be willing to feel humiliated?

Cheers