Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How do women feel of single user restrooms?

I am talking about those in like cafes or small libraries etc where men/women use the same one. There’s one in the library I used to frequent and guys would always pee on the seat or on the floor and I have been curious if women dread or avoid them cause of men. However, I have also seen women pee all over the seat. As a guy, it doesn’t matter because I just stand anyways in public. However, I have noticed many girls just use the single user restrooms and don’t care much while others seem to avoid it

i do dread doing number 2 in public and would not sit unless it just got cleaned or I disinfected it

or like on airplanes and trains where sometimes it’s clear a guy ruined it for all the women. Always felt bad for girls in those situations but I also think girls unlike guys are used to dealing with sitting in dirty public stalls

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)
55 minutes ago, PrincessPeeach said:

It also doesn’t bother me. I mean if it was visibly dirty with poop maybe, but I also wipe pee off and sit down. It’s literally just my thighs touching the seat, not my hands or my face....

And I would never go in the bathroom in bare feet, so no, pee on the floor is even less concerning. 

But I understand that some people are much more concerned about germs and stuff. It seems you’re one of those people. It sounds like it’s a good thing you weren’t born a woman. 

I see maybe it is cause i am a germ freak so I feel so bad and sorrry for women who cant stand in public because I can't just fathom having to sit down all the time like the rare chances I have to do number 2 its ussually hover or disinfect before using it. 

Do most women who dont have germ issues just not care at all that your thigh+ butt is touching the seat where others just go on? I guess then using urinals isnt really all that attractive to women since sitting down and touching isnt seen as a big issue for most. 

I wonder if guys in this area who have been blessed with a penis to use urinals all their life are more germphobic than women in this regard since other men I know also dread sitting on the toilet - perhaps we have never had to accept the reality of having to sit in public to pee so we are unusually antsy about it 

As long as the toilet is relatively clean I don't have any problem with it. I have never been really overly squeamish about sitting on the seat unless it was very obviously dirty, in which case I would wipe it down. But like the joke runs in my family, most of the women of whom were much more squeamish about public toilets, every public toilet everywhere we go has encountered my ass at some point! So yeah I just pretty much sit and plopped down on any toilet seat when I have to go, so just make sure to check to see that the seat is down first!

I actually hate to go into a bathroom and find it all peed, when I was a teenager and I couldn't went into a grils bathroom it always happened to me (because alhtough I got a dick I pee seated down) and sometimes I didn't have other way than trying to clean it and I made it using toilet paper and moving it with my foot to not touch the wc, but now that I'm a girl and I can go into girls restroom I though I woulnd't happene anymore, but sorpise that even on the grils bath it happen.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

Maybe. I literally never hover or disinfect. And yes, you’re right I don’t care at all that my butt and thighs are touching the seat. Your skin is a very effective barrier against germs. I think using a urinal would be super fun and naughty, but that’s about it. I like the privacy of the stall and I have no problem sitting on the toilet seat. A single use bathroom is even better imo! So private. I guess I value privacy over cleanliness. 

I don’t really know any guys who are concerned with germs like you’re describing. If anything I’d say the guys I know have lower standards than me. But I guess it’s true that most of the time they probably don’t need to sit....

On urinals, are you speaking from experience?  Have you done it before? 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:01 PM, SpaceWonderer said:

Tbh I think single user restrooms would be cleaner in general. I don't have my own experience to compare, but at my old job housekeeping was telling that women's restrooms are always horrible to clean, and on average they're way more dirty by the end of day than men's restrooms.

REally how come? How do women pee on the floor etc when they sit? I would have guessed mens 

On 11/22/2020 at 11:54 PM, petitewonder said:

If they are any dirtier than multi-stall restrooms, I haven't noticed. I'll clean off the seat if there is anything visible but I'm always kind of anal about being thorough when taking a shower. Sometimes I'll put toilet paper on the seat, and I try to hover if I can but I'm pretty short so that doesn't always work out.

Do you blame it on men for the mess or do you think it is women that make the mess?

18 minutes ago, Angusburger said:

REally how come? How do women pee on the floor etc when they sit? I would have guessed mens 

A lot of women find sitting on public toilet seat too gross (I heard it from some women I know), so they're either hovering in high squat over the toilet, or climb on the toilet seat with feet squatting over it (that method is very common in post Soviet countries, you see a lot of footprints on toilet seats there on a rainy day). Both ways can create a lot of mess, way more than men missing a few spurts while standing in front of the urinal.

4 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Do you blame it on men for the mess or do you think it is women that make the mess?

Oh, I haven't seen pee on the floor in women's bathrooms, but I have seen it on the seat sometimes. I think it's because some women hover when they pee in public bathrooms because they are worried about germs. Idk what men's bathrooms are like. 

I don't feel comfortable using public restrooms anymore, but when I did, I didn't notice a difference in the cleanliness of single user restrooms v stalls. I am very germaphobic, but I have a small bladder, so sometimes I just don't have a choice. I used those seat covers if possible, or tp to cover the seat if there were no seat covers available. I never used public restrooms for #2, though.

I have heard that women's restrooms tend to be dirtier than men's, but that's not the case at my work. Although I don't even use my work restroom now, so I wouldn't actually know if they've been keeping them up a little better.

• 7 months later...

I have known a lot of girls that absolutely detest going to a train toilet. It's one of the few toilets here that is used by both genders. I often hear comments that they will NEVER use it because it is so disgusting.

And I have seen it that the girl I was with just held it till we were at the train station.

I don't know if they found it disgusting because it was used by men. But it's a popular opinion here that men are "dirty" toilet users.

Women can be bad too. For example one time I was at a club where the women's toilets were out of order due to female sanitary products clogging them up. I was fine in my diaper, but I saw several other women wetting their dresses and skirts in desperation for lack of toilets. Fortunately most of them laughed it off and said it couldn't be helped because there was no toilet, and after all, if you're wearing a skirt or dress and go in it, it just goes down your legs. I only saw 1 girl crying after she really tried her best to hold it and lost it down her legs while outside waiting for a taxi. She was wearing a white dress and her pee was splashing around her feet. Her boyfriend gave her a shoulder to cry on, which was really sweet, but I hope they gave that taxi driver some extra money for the mess. It's fun to see a wetting, but not so fun to think of people unwillingly having to clean up after someone wet herself in public.

Edited by China Girl (see edit history)

@DespLoveDennis

"I don't know if they found it disgusting because it was used by men. But it's a popular opinion here that men are "dirty" toilet users."

Well as @China Girl already said women's toilets can be even nastier. I think one of the reasons why it seems like the female toilets are clogged up more simply because a lot of women do throw their sanitary products in there despite explicitly being warned against doing that, but nobody ever listens to the rules or has consideration for others.

I think the perception is that men pee on the seat but women are actually just as guilty of that because a lot of women don't want to sit on the toilet seat, so they will end up hovering and then they will just dribble all over it making the seat wet for the next woman who will also end up hovering and just contributing to the problem. So for those of us who need to sit on the toilet it's a very vexing problem.

And women who hover of course have no aim whatsoever and don't even think to try. Men you can get annoyed at them for not making the effort to aim for the toilet and everything like that but women really don't even have the capability to aim so they don't even try, and that's what can be rather frustrating!

So yeah it has been widely said by lots of people who clean bathrooms that the ladies room is far dirtier than the men's room, so I guess we aren't doing ourselves any favors. I think that the perception is that women are prim and proper and dainty but I think any one who has cleaned a ladies room can tell you that that is one aspect of the stereotype that is not true! Women can be total pigs in the bathroom.

17 hours ago, China Girl said:

Women can be bad too. For example one time I was at a club where the women's toilets were out of order due to female sanitary products clogging them up. I was fine in my diaper, but I saw several other women wetting their dresses and skirts in desperation for lack of toilets. Fortunately most of them laughed it off and said it couldn't be helped because there was no toilet, and after all, if you're wearing a skirt or dress and go in it, it just goes down your legs. I only saw 1 girl crying after she really tried her best to hold it and lost it down her legs while outside waiting for a taxi. She was wearing a white dress and her pee was splashing around her feet. Her boyfriend gave her a shoulder to cry on, which was really sweet, but I hope they gave that taxi driver some extra money for the mess. It's fun to see a wetting, but not so fun to think of people unwillingly having to clean up after someone wet herself in public.

Poor girl in white dress must have been bursting waiting on the taxi, I’ve said before about the nightclub where ladies is so busy they pee in the wash hand basins, I’m a germphobic, I have seen videos of girls pee outside at a festival and there’s so much pee gone before the grass they are standing on is pee flooded... 

On 7/22/2021 at 7:50 AM, DesperateJill said:

@DespLoveDennis

"I don't know if they found it disgusting because it was used by men. But it's a popular opinion here that men are "dirty" toilet users."

Well as @China Girl already said women's toilets can be even nastier. I think one of the reasons why it seems like the female toilets are clogged up more simply because a lot of women do throw their sanitary products in there despite explicitly being warned against doing that, but nobody ever listens to the rules or has consideration for others.

I think the perception is that men pee on the seat but women are actually just as guilty of that because a lot of women don't want to sit on the toilet seat, so they will end up hovering and then they will just dribble all over it making the seat wet for the next woman who will also end up hovering and just contributing to the problem. So for those of us who need to sit on the toilet it's a very vexing problem.

And women who hover of course have no aim whatsoever and don't even think to try. Men you can get annoyed at them for not making the effort to aim for the toilet and everything like that but women really don't even have the capability to aim so they don't even try, and that's what can be rather frustrating!

So yeah it has been widely said by lots of people who clean bathrooms that the ladies room is far dirtier than the men's room, so I guess we aren't doing ourselves any favors. I think that the perception is that women are prim and proper and dainty but I think any one who has cleaned a ladies room can tell you that that is one aspect of the stereotype that is not true! Women can be total pigs in the bathroom.

I was recently at a Starbucks bathroom. The guy ahead of me peed on the seat. Then I went in. After me was a girl. I feel bad for the girl who had to somehow deal with pee on the seat created by the guy. She did end up using it notwithstanding the pee on the floor and seat. Do you think a girl in a siutation like that will feel jealous or mad at how inconsiderate the previous male user was?

• 2 weeks later...

@Angusburger

"I was recently at a Starbucks bathroom. The guy ahead of me peed on the seat. Then I went in. After me was a girl. I feel bad for the girl who had to somehow deal with pee on the seat created by the guy. She did end up using it notwithstanding the pee on the floor and seat. Do you think a girl in a siutation like that will feel jealous or mad at how inconsiderate the previous male user was?"

I think anyone would be annoyed by that situation.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, SoBursting said:

Poor girl in white dress must have been bursting waiting on the taxi, I’ve said before about the nightclub where ladies is so busy they pee in the wash hand basins, I’m a germphobic, I have seen videos of girls pee outside at a festival and there’s so much pee gone before the grass they are standing on is pee flooded... 

Yeah, she was really squirming about, and the amount she peed...she must have had litres of beer that night.