Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Road pursuit!

11 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Wow that's an excessive amount of police... yikes.Β 

That's America for you. Given it's California I doubt it's a bunch of bored cops just looking to do something, they definitely didn't need that kind of presence. The majority of helicopters were probably news outlets looking for something to air as seen here, but the numerous police with weapons drawn was unnecessary.

Edited by Bismiris
I literally can't type. (see edit history)
14 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

Getting arrested and held at gunpoint must be very stressful and scary. I'm not surprised she couldn't control her bladder. But I never understood why people run from the police at first place. They always get caught anyway and than have even more problems.

Maybe, because especially in the US, police are likely to kill you if you misunderstand just one order they give you...

Β 

Not to defend the police's actions here (I still think that was an unnecessary amount of officers), but to kind of explain the reason why there was such a presence... They were told there was a possible car hijacking, possibly armed, unknown number of people involved, and the car has blacked out windows making it impossible for them to judge who or what is in the car or in what condition. The way they are trained, in a situation like that, they are told to assume that the vehicle is at max occupancy with people all armed with various weapons. That's why the first thing they did when they finally restrained the woman was to have like half a dozen officers approach the vehicle to start opening doors. Again, this situation though was still a bit much, in my opinion.Β 

Seems like a lot of you must not be native to the U.S. The amount of officers shown in the video really only occurs in high speed chases or in high profile areas. In this case, it's in California. In normal situations, it would only be 1 or 2 officers at most. The amount of officers accumulated over the course of the pursuit out of precaution. Sure, they don't necessarily need all of them, but that's not to say there's an excessive amount. Some need to be directly on the front line, some need to block off traffic, etc. There's a reason why there's so many.

Welcome to LA, the pursuit capital of the world. A lot of pursuits occur down here in SoCal. We have fairly aggressive pursuit policies depending on the crime. Pursuit policies include spike strip deployment, boxing the vehicle in by force/ramming, and PIT Maneuvers (Pursuit Intervention Techniqueβ€”usually a pursuit vehicle will get to the rear fender/quarter panel of the fleeing vehicle and nudge/shove it in order to get the fleeing vehicle to spin outβ€”usually only done at speeds under 40mph by a PIT trained officer which some depts don’t have).Β Carjacking will usually have ground units in pursuit unless the driver is so reckless that it’s dangerous to follow. Then they’ll operate as tracking only via airship. Β Fairly common for major traffic collisions to occur when they start driving crazy reckless (wrong side of road, etc)Β and it’s fairly common for a pursuit to have AT LEAST 5-6 ground units engaged.Β 
Β 

TBH that pursuit ending was fairly tame. Β Most pursuit terminations will end with a TC or foot bail. Foot bails can turn into barricades or takedowns or worstβ€”shoot outs.Β 
Β 

That being said she did allegedly steal a car so that’s a fairly standard felony stop. Driver may be nervous due to the racial tension in LA County. LA County Sheriff Dept (LASD) is known for having deputy gangs. Many are being investigated. There’s also just the general overtones lately of people of color being assaulted, shot, & killed by Law Enforcement out here too. So the driver may have been worried they were going to get blasted as I can see the LASD livery on the side of the vehicles.Β 
Β 

But yeah. Just wanted to fill you guys in on what y’all saw enforcement and use of force wise. This is fairly common for a felony stop. And pursuits are fairly common out here. One night we had a total of three pursuits back to back to back.Β 

Edited by PWG (see edit history)

I don't see the problem. You steal a car, there is a pursuit, if you stop and give up yourself, there will be plenty of time to go to the police station to pee. If you keep on running, lot's of police areΒ following you, a helicopter is overhead, and you still not stop until your gasoline is up, it is your own fault. And by the way, most of the police officers are OK. So stop the racist calls. She steals a car, she is white, black, yellow, red or green, she is a criminal.

51 minutes ago, crc669 said:

I don't see the problem. You steal a car, there is a pursuit, if you stop and give up yourself, there will be plenty of time to go to the police station to pee. If you keep on running, lot's of police areΒ following you, a helicopter is overhead, and you still not stop until your gasoline is up, it is your own fault. And by the way, most of the police officers are OK. So stop the racist calls. She steals a car, she is white, black, yellow, red or green, she is a criminal.

Actually if you manage to get up to the Newhall Pass/Grapevine during nightfall or inclement weather (or both!) the airships won’t follow. Then you just have to outrun the CHPs EcoBoost Exploders and V6 Chargers. It’s been done before. I know of an orange 350z that put the gas on an EcoBoost CHP and left him flat footed. Officer called off the pursuit once his car capped out at 130 and the Z kept gappingΒ him. Β They lost sight and since the vehicle covered his plates CHP never got a proper ID to find the car later on.Β 
Β 

As far as the racism goes, LA is a very volatile and mixed place. It’s well known that the LASD has several β€œgangs” that deputies are a part of. It’s been well reported and is still being investigated as more and more evidence and incriminating things surface. So to say there isn’t racism and other shady things going on inside departments is a very ignorant thing to say. If most officers are okay then those okay officers would be pointing out the bad ones.Β 
Β 

But that doesn’t seem to happen and that’s not a discussion for here.Β 

On 11/21/2020 at 7:42 AM, liesjeversteven said:

Maybe, because especially in the US, police are likely to kill you if you misunderstand just one order they give you...

Β 

I’ve seen body cam footage where someone followed all commands and was *still* shot by the officer. So that’s not even a guarantee.Β 

11 hours ago, crc669 said:

Exactly.

But hey, it is totally in to bash the police. You have absolutly 0 idea about the situation, but obviously you are 100% qualified to judge by sitting in front of your computer monitor.

Β 

I posted this because there was a pretty good wetting in the video. I understand that there is a huge and extremely important public discussion about the need and use (or alternatively misuse) of police force in this deeply devided country of yours, but I don't really think omorashi.org is the most suitable platform to take that debate. Unless you are very desperate to pee while you are debating though, then omorashi.org is the perfect place to share it.

^ I agree. My intended purpose here was to give some insight on what goes on with pursuits and no more. But it seems like with America at least, it’s a constant and embarrassing argument amongst ourselves and it’s fairly common that politics and the like seem to go hand in hand with these arguments. Β 
Β 

Personally I found the video interesting as it was the first pursuit I’ve seen with omo.