Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Long-Term Omo Medical Concerns?

Obviously, since I'm here, I'm definitely into all of this. When we all talk about the concerns of holding and bladder control, we mostly mention UTIs or kidney pain - because those really are the big, immediate ones that can be problematic with an individual hold.

I'm curious if anyone has any had issues from *long-term* repeated holding, though? Systemic changes that would be hard to see quickly but might pop up as a cumulative effect over tons of holds?

Does anyone know if there is anything to be concerned about - like, let's say, you do a hold or two a week for ten years? Twenty years? 

(I clearly made the mistake of Googling "does holding pee hurt you" today, and now I'm in the worry-zone.)

15 minutes ago, girliegirl765 said:

Obviously, since I'm here, I'm definitely into all of this. When we all talk about the concerns of holding and bladder control, we mostly mention UTIs or kidney pain - because those really are the big, immediate ones that can be problematic with an individual hold.

I'm curious if anyone has any had issues from *long-term* repeated holding, though? Systemic changes that would be hard to see quickly but might pop up as a cumulative effect over tons of holds?

Does anyone know if there is anything to be concerned about - like, let's say, you do a hold or two a week for ten years? Twenty years? 

(I clearly made the mistake of Googling "does holding pee hurt you" today, and now I'm in the worry-zone.)

just don't hurt absurd amounts or for whole days, it cant be bad than just doing the equivalent of normal holds that everyone does every day

The bladder is stronger than the kidneys. 

The kidneys will become swollen and lose function temporarily.

The biggest risk is streching out the bladder, and it not fully voiding, thus harboring bacteria. UTIs should cause pain,  mental confusion and muscle spasms especially in the lower back.

Holding during a urinary tract infection seems to be the rare event that can ultimately rupture/lacerate a part of the urinary tract. The times this has mortally injured someone in human history has only been recorded once or twice. With current medical science most ruptures are caused by automobile collision and the person stabilizes, and their urinary tract can be mended with minor surgery.